last developer feedback here 7 months ago?!

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

Edited

/15 charr

Retired. Too many casuals.

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

But dragon bash is amazing, who doesn’t want to spend 14000 gems to get a weapon claim ticket?

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

But dragon bash is amazing, who doesn’t want to spend 14000 gems to get a weapon claim ticket?

Or play a mini game where you never get real mixed team matchups and akitten’ers are ruining it for everyone that you can’t even report?

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

well it seems no Dev will show up and comment on this thread, even when forwarded from a cc-guy. I guess everyone is busy with Dragon Bash :-/

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

Posted by: Eleasar.2578

Eleasar.2578

This is why I stopped playing. I have a couple videos that I can’t even bring myself to commentate at this point because I’ve moved to other games and just don’t really care anymore.

The recent story content and the gameplay/guide videos put out by a couple devs recently basically killed any hope I had of them improving anything related to challenging/teamwork based content outside of the very light, casual friendly stuff related to the living story.

Sadly absolutely understandable. Good thing i came late into GW2 and do not have enough time to play. So my gloal is still to get the last few levels in Fractals. But it is very hard to still have hope to get nice, hard but rewarding new dungeons/raids.

And thanks for all your guides and videos so far – have been really helpful

(edited by Eleasar.2578)

Marcus Greythorne.6843

This is why I stopped playing. I have a couple videos that I can’t even bring myself to commentate at this point because I’ve moved to other games and just don’t really care anymore.

The recent story content and the gameplay/guide videos put out by a couple devs recently basically killed any hope I had of them improving anything related to challenging/teamwork based content outside of the very light, casual friendly stuff related to the living story.

I understand why you’ve moved on. I’d love to see videos of you and your group working out difficult boss-mechanics (when they have fixed/worked on those) instead of how to exploit / beat the dungeon as fast as possible, treating it as a speedrun. I’m sure your feedback on the dungeons in GW2 would be of high value to the devs.

I think two of the reasons why Living-Story content is not hard stuff is because

• it’s only temporary. A lot of people would complain not having enough time to complete it.
  • it’s difficult to find the right balance in the time-window Anet has to produce that content.

I guess we will see more difficult stuff for permanent additions to the game instead of temporary content.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

Bright.9160

I understand why you’ve moved on. I’d love to see videos of you and your group working out difficult boss-mechanics (when they have fixed/worked on those) instead of how to exploit / beat the dungeon as fast as possible, treating it as a speedrun. I’m sure your feedback on the dungeons in GW2 would be of high value to the devs.

Lol, if they rework the boss mechanics, the only thing DnT (and we for that matter) are going to do is focus on how to beat it as fast as possible again and treat it as a speedrun.

Some people enjoy playing the game that way: efficiently. And will go out of their way to find the fastest and most efficient way to beat content.

Even if they revamp every single dungeon in the game, the people that are currently capable of beating it the fastest, will still end up being the best and the fastest. Eventually they (we) will find a way to clear it as fast as possible. There might be minor tweaks over time in how fast you can go (look at DoA starting off as a 45min standard SC in 2009 and ended up being a 25-35min casual SC), but it were always the same group of people coming up with new ways to do it faster.

That’s what I find so ironic about people complaining about speedrunners and asking for tweaks/changes so they can’t do it so fast anymore… Guess who usually gets slowed down? The people asking for the tweaks (usually PUGs and kittenters). Guess who usually still beats content the fastest? The speedrunners…

“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

That’s what I find so ironic about people complaining about speedrunners and asking for tweaks/changes so they can’t do it so fast anymore… Guess who usually gets slowed down? The people asking for the tweaks (usually PUGs and kittenters). Guess who usually still beats content the fastest? The speedrunners…

It’s the universal law. The mass who voted to put the handcuffs on others always find themselves being bent over the most.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

Bright.9160

It’s the universal law. The mass who voted to put the handcuffs on others always find themselves being bent over the most.

That’s what usually kitten es me off though. I don’t know if you played GW1, but I’ll give you a pretty solid example of what happened there.

There was this area called the Underworld (UW). It was an elite area where there were 10 quests you had to clear. If you failed a quest, if your party died or certain NPCs in the area died, you got kicked out of the instance and didn’t get any reward.

Now, this area used to be hard… Really hard.. It even took a couple of months after the area released until a team was even able of clearing it. That’s how hard it used to be.

Now, there was a certain skill in GW that gave you complete spell protection and made every single attack against you miss: Shadow Form. This sounds about as OP as it was, but there was a very big tradeoff with this skill. It used to be unmaintainable and if it dropped, you’d lose all but ~50hp. Meaning it was a pretty worthless skill… Until they made it maintainable..

After that, people developed splits etc in order to clear the UW fast… Really fast. The all time world record is 7 minutes if I’m correct and there was even 1 guy who had a screenshot of himself clearing each designated area in 6 minutes, so technically, 6min was possible…

Admittedly, UW was broken and needed a fix. But guess what happened after that fix? If you guessed: “speedrunners weren’t able to do UW anymore and PUGs thrived”, you guessed wrong… If you guessed “the people that were previously the fastest in that area just developed new tactics and were still the fastest”, you guessed right.

In fact, it got so bad that without a full human party, clearing UW was a nightmare. There were only a handful of people that I know of who were capable of clearing the UW with 7 heroes. PUGs complained left and right that the area was unbeatable, and SC’ers thrived running scrubs through the UW for money.

How much did it slow the speedrunners down? Well, in the end, the really good teams were still clearing it in ~18-24 minutes on average. Whereas PUGs were ‘fast’ if they got a 45min and were lucky if they even finished at all…

Don’t even need to look so far… Look at what happened in AC.. Speedrunners are having a field day, because they made everything easier, PUGs stopped running it because they can’t handle the new mechanics…

Marcus Greythorne.6843

Lol, if they rework the boss mechanics, the only thing DnT (and we for that matter) are going to do is focus on how to beat it as fast as possible again and treat it as a speedrun.

Some people enjoy playing the game that way: efficiently. And will go out of their way to find the fastest and most efficient way to beat content.

yeah my point was: a lot of content can be broken by running by the mobs stealthed or leaving out certain encounters instead of fighting and using strategy (other then clumping up the mobs and burst them down). I’ve nothing against speedrunners, it would be more fun if there were more significant fights in this run instead of leaving enemies (e.g. former Kohler) behind imho.

Bright.9160

yeah my point was: a lot of content can be broken by running by the mobs stealthed or leaving out certain encounters instead of fighting and using strategy (other then clumping up the mobs and burst them down). I’ve nothing against speedrunners, it would be more fun if there were more significant fights in this run instead of leaving enemies (e.g. former Kohler) behind imho.

This is also something that strokes me the wrong way… People claiming that balling and spiking is not a strategy…

It is not just a strategy, it’s usually the best strategy. For some reason some people think that doing something the most efficient and easiest way =/= strategy… I really don’t understand that train of thought.

If I have to move a pile of boulders, and there is material scattered around me to make a wheelbarrow, am I not using a ‘strategy’ to build the wheelbarrow and make moving the boulders easier? Or is the only ‘strategy’ to pick them up one by one and taking 10x longer than me to move the pile?

Marcus Greythorne.6843

why then making skills for every mob when you just ignore them by clumping and bursting? Those mobs need their mechanics improved so that they can’t be clumped up that easily.

Do you really find fights like this fun? There should be a difference fighting mob A vs. fighting mob B.

Bright.9160

why then making skills for every mob when you just ignore them by clumping and bursting? Those mobs need their mechanics improved so that they can’t be clumped up that easily.

Do you really find fights like this fun? There should be a difference fighting mob A vs. fighting mob B.

We don’t ignore them… Sometimes we use Wall of Reflection…

I prefer fights that are over in a matter of a few seconds over those that take 30s+ to do…

Yes, I enjoy fast-paced, efficient game play. Same used to be the case in GW1. We used a tank to ball stuff up in DoA and spiked it down. Those spikes would be so fast that you usually only had to use 1 or 2 skills. 3 or 4 if you had new people and needed to carry them…

It was even faster than how we kill things in GW2, except maybe that the balling up process sometimes took longer.

Broadicea.8294

What is this fabled MMO that didn’t feature LoS pulling and spiking with AoE damage as the quickest and easiest way to clear mobs? I haven’t played them all, but I’ve played a lot of them, and it’s pretty much how it’s done in everything I’ve ever played.

Posted by: Strifey.7215

Strifey.7215

Funny story about LoSing. So it’s no secret I’m playing WoW to hold me over until the next batch of MMOs come out and I figure out what’s worth playing.

So I was doing a heroic mode of one of the MoP level 90 dungeons, and there’s this section before the last boss where 16 mobs spawn that mainly cast spells. The group I was playing with told me to LoS behind this stone pillar, and just like that all 16 mobs came around the corner where we proceeded to quickly AoE them down (since WoW doesn’t have the 5 mob limit). From what I hear, LoSing in PvP is a huge part of the game as well for melee vs casters.

That being said, WoW has a huge amount of strategy and mechanics for PvE that are pretty refreshing after playing GW2 PvE for 9 months, I wish GW2 integrated alot of the same stuff.

I would say LoSing is a pretty normal strategy in most games I’ve played.

Guard/War/Mesmer and Dungeon Guides:
https://www.youtube.com/user/strife025

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

Funny story about LoSing. So it’s no secret I’m playing WoW to hold me over until the next batch of MMOs come out and I figure out what’s worth playing.

So I was doing a heroic mode of one of the MoP level 90 dungeons, and there’s this section before the last boss where 16 mobs spawn that mainly cast spells. The group I was playing with told me to LoS behind this stone pillar, and just like that all 16 mobs came around the corner where we proceeded to quickly AoE them down (since WoW doesn’t have the 5 mob limit). From what I hear, LoSing in PvP is a huge part of the game as well for melee vs casters.

That being said, WoW has a huge amount of strategy and mechanics for PvE that are pretty refreshing after playing GW2 PvE for 9 months, I wish GW2 integrated alot of the same stuff.

Isn’t LoS useful in GW2 too though? Off the top of my head I use it a ton during CM runs, specifically for the fight with Seamus where you LoS his adds around a wall to AoE them down quickly, and the fight after you get past Wahlen where you LoS that huge mob inside the box. Or in Cliffside fractals, during the arm seals where you’re LoSing the chanters in the hallway.

Posted by: Strifey.7215

Strifey.7215

Isn’t LoS useful in GW2 too though? Off the top of my head I use it a ton during CM runs, specifically for the fight with Seamus where you LoS his adds around a wall to AoE them down quickly, and the fight after you get past Wahlen where you LoS that huge mob inside the box. Or in Cliffside fractals, during the arm seals where you’re LoSing the chanters in the hallway.

Yes, we LoS in like 90% of my videos, it was more of a comment to the person a few posts up about LoSing in GW2 and it not being unique to GW2 and a general strategy that makes sense anytime you have melee vs range in pretty much any game.

Guard/War/Mesmer and Dungeon Guides:
https://www.youtube.com/user/strife025

Marcus Greythorne.6843

I know I will probably never be a part of a speedrun-group but I also know from WoW that there can be a pretty nice design in mob-encounters that isn’t all about aoe-ing mobgroups down. This would be quite boring.

I don’t say LoSing is bad, or that the people who do it are bad. I’m just saying that I want encounters vary from one to the next. There was a time in WoW when you had to choose between aoe and single target dps.

When I look at strifes videos it seems to me that there isn’t much variety in strategies to play most effective in GW2 since encounterdesign seems to be broken by berserker-gear. Correct me when I’m wrong. Question to strife: what gear do you and your friends use in dungeons?

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Question to strife: what gear do you and your friends use in dungeons?

We pile on Sentinels because it makes up for when we fail to dodge.

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

Dub.1273

Noobs, giver’s gear wins.

Dub | [rT]

Marcus Greythorne.6843

Question to strife: what gear do you and your friends use in dungeons?

We pile on Sentinels because it makes up for when we fail to dodge.

Interesting, I thought the answer would be Berserkers. I like this

Posted by: pullnointer.1476

pullnointer.1476

First, I’d like to say that, even if the Dev team does not actively post in the forums they are always aware of what is happening.

lol k

pullnointer.1476

never in my life have I cringed so hard as when I was watching those streams.

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

RIP in peace Robert

(edited by Ethics.4519)

Broadicea.8294

Got a link to those? It’s been a rough week, I could use a nice session of pointing and laughing.

pullnointer.1476

Got a link to those? It’s been a rough week, I could use a nice session of pointing and laughing.

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/videos izzy and spvp streams i’ve seen bits of. couldn’t take it after a couple mins tho

Dub.1273

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/c/2230938

At 3:10-3:30.

“Our team is doing amazing so far!”

Weth solo’d those mobs faster.

Dub | [rT]

(edited by Dub.1273)

Broadicea.8294

Divinity runes and allstat trinkets on Izzy’s warrior oh my god XD

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

I think fractals need more attention, the dredge is so kittening long, and the stupid harpies, or the godkitten bug at the grawl shaman where he doesnt show up, seriously anet, just give us something, something that can prove that you’re actually working on tweaking it, we don’t want your stupid statements, we want changes, and we want them now… your statements on fixing them are as valid as someone saying the scavenger hunt is going to happen soon….

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

What happened to Robert Hrouda?

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

Bright.9160

He got put on the Living Story team as far as I know.

Fun fact: from what I’ve gathered, there currently is no active dungeon team at Anet. This might have changed in the last few weeks, or my information might have been not completely accurate, but that’s what I heard.

Broadicea.8294

He got put on the Living Story team as far as I know.

Fun fact: from what I’ve gathered, there currently is no active dungeon team at Anet. This might have changed in the last few weeks, or my information might have been not completely accurate, but that’s what I heard.

Well someone keeps making tiny little annoying tweaks to dungeons and fractals. I think a programmer throws a dart at a big wall of dungeons with a sign that says “What Can I Make More Annoying Today?”

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

And that someone will be in charge of the new dungeon team because he’s the only one left there knowing something about the contents.
“Wait until me taking over the things. You guys haven’t seen anything yet” <Evil laugh>

People are too serious of their knowledge.

(edited by SkyChef.5432)

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

And that someone will be in charge of the new dungeon team because he’s the only one left there knowing something about the contents.
“Wait until me taking over the things. You guys haven’t seen anything yet” <Evil laugh>

“Rest assured, we have been reading the forums. Next patch we promise, MORE DREDGE! "

RIP in peace Robert

Dub.1273

NoNoNo!

Dub | [rT]

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Divinity runes and allstat trinkets on Izzy’s warrior oh my god XD

“Isaiah’s Balance” XD

(edited by ilr.9675)

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Anet gave up on reworking dungeons and adding stuff to fractals quite some time ago. They are focused on the living story which revolves around RNG cash shop items

Marcus Greythorne.6843

Anet gave up on reworking dungeons and adding stuff to fractals quite some time ago. They are focused on the living story which revolves around RNG cash shop items

yeah, not true. This quote from Colin:

…And as mentioned earlier, the dungeons people enjoy from our living world release will be researched by the keepers of the Fractals of the Mist and used as way to continue to expand and build on our fractals permanently going forward….

…This means as holidays we’ve run in the past approach, you’re more likely to see larger living world projects like permanent updates to existing dungeons, world areas, etc. …

…Yeah for clarity, we’ll also be working on dungeons outside of the fractals. Sometimes content that makes sense will end up there as a way for us to update our fractals permanently, sometimes we’ll be working on other dungeon content permanently.

meanwhile dungeons get no good reputation while time passes:
CoF P1 naked in 8 minutes
http://en.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1gwkrg/cof_p1_naked_in_8_minutes/

my personaly opinion: Anet should increase their teams in order to keep dungeons AND living story running and getting improved upon.

Broadicea.8294

“we’ll be working on dungeons”

“we will be working,” not “we have been working”

Also, tomorrow tomorrow tomorrow always tomorrow.

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

They left us here to rot long ago

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Posted by: lcpdragonslayer.7895

lcpdragonslayer.7895

I think it’s time for us moletariats to rise up against our oppressors and protest against this injustice.

Marcus Greythorne.6843

no, it’s just time to stop being hostile towards the developers and rage like maniacs (not everyone should feel adressed, but quite a few) and start being constructive. Would you answer here as a developler when you’d know that kittenstorm will be incoming? You can’t talk to those people. I mean, what could you reply to “left us here to rot long ago” or the endless tomorrow post? seriously?

swiftpaw.6397

They need not talk to us. Just leave information and then ignore us will be sufficient. Instead of providing no information and then ignore us which seems to be the current tactic.

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

At this point, they need to take all dungeons out of the game so people doing them can move onto another MMO, reduce the game world to Lion’s Arch, build a Fashion Show runway outside of the bank for people to AFK on, and allow us to browse the trading post and gem store from our iPhones. This is the only way to save Guild Wars 2.

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

swiftpaw.6397

At this point, they need to take all dungeons out of the game so people doing them can move onto another MMO, reduce the game world to Lion’s Arch, build a Fashion Show runway outside of the bank for people to AFK on, and allow us to browse the trading post and gem store from our iPhones. This is the only way to save Guild Wars 2.

Omg the truth of this statement ladies and kittening gentlemen.

Marcus Greythorne.6843

trolls unite in the official gw2 forums, lol. Actually the official forums seem to be more hostile towards GW2 than the sub-reddit for GW2 and other fansites.

Bright.9160

trolls unite in the official gw2 forums, lol. Actually the official forums seem to be more hostile towards GW2 than the sub-reddit for GW2 and other fansites.

The GW2 subreddit is honestly a toxic fanboy fest.

Anything critical is usually downvoted to oblivion, and if you as much as mention speedrun, zerker, or anything regarding optimization when you’re not wielding a [DnT] tag, don’t expect to have positive downvotes.

It’s kind of funny, yet kind of sad at the same time…

Marcus Greythorne.6843

The GW2 subreddit is honestly a toxic fanboy fest.

Anything critical is usually downvoted to oblivion, and if you as much as mention speedrun, zerker, or anything regarding optimization when you’re not wielding a [DnT] tag, don’t expect to have positive downvotes.

It’s kind of funny, yet kind of sad at the same time…

well it seems that you’re heavily advertising speed-run builds which kind of “exploit” (not really exploit but encounters are designed poorly) encounters to nuke down everything in melee… and there seems to be not much skill involved in that. Maybe this is the reason why people downvote you. You use your knowledge to find ways how to trivialize content (which isn’t inherently bad). This rewards you with fast runs = a lot of loot and gold —> people feel that you haven’t earned it.

I really wouln’t call it a fanboy nest, but a group of semi-good players and casuals who don’t like elitists.

Bright.9160

well it seems that you’re heavily advertising speed-run builds which kind of “exploit” (not really exploit but encounters are designed poorly) encounters to nuke down everything in melee… and there seems to be not much skill involved in that. Maybe this is the reason why people downvote you. You use your knowledge to find ways how to trivialize content (which isn’t inherently bad). This rewards you with fast runs = a lot of loot and gold —> people feel that you haven’t earned it.

I really wouln’t call it a fanboy nest, but a group of semi-good players and casuals who don’t like elitists.

Lol, what? That highlighted bit is the best part about your entire post. We work pretty hard to find the best possible tactics and builds in order to clear content as fast as possible. This takes skill and knowledge.

So, there is no skill involved in clearing every possible dungeon path in the game in 10-15 minutes, I guess. I mean, it’s so easy even PUGs can do it.

Oh wait, no it’s not, PUGs take 40 minutes to an hour for a path we clear in 10 minutes.

Come tell me how easy it is to trivialize content when you did Arah p3 in <15 minutes or killed lupi in under a minute. Or when you can clear every CoE path in <12 minutes. Or when you can kill Subject Alpha in 12 seconds flat.

And kittening LOL at that part about the GW2 subreddit being semi-good players. Most of them are a bunch of sh*tters that can’t stand it when people point out how bad their builds/play style are, even if you do it constructively.

I have earned every single bit of the gold I made. I flat out refuse to run CoF p1 for example, whereas scrubs and sh*tters are making more money than I am when doing Arah or any other dungeon that isn’t CoE while they’re running that joke of a dungeon.

If there is anyone that doesn’t deserve the money they make it’s the CoF p1 crowd.

swiftpaw.6397

Sounds like someone’s a little bitter about speedclears. Being efficient and maximizing your skills and dps does not = exploiting lol. I would classify that as actually playing the game correctly. You see, it works like this. The better you are, the more rewarded you are. You get organized and all run predetermined builds and play skillfully, you are rewarded with a faster run.