legendary armor

legendary armor

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

How do you guys find the sets? Tbh im surpise the charr hasnt been impaled by the spikes on the armor. Im actually surprised on how decent to good light armor looks. As for the medioum… its a trenchcoat so i didnt have high hopes from the get go.

legendary armor

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I think a huge amount of work has gone into them which is great. I like the heavy and bits of the light too, but the medium does nothing for me at all. However, that might be because they chose to use stills in the blog rather than show them animated in their full glory.

legendary armor

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I’m not thrilled at the ridiculous cape on the light armor set. But overall the entire design looks very nice to me.

legendary armor

zealex.9410

I’m not thrilled at the ridiculous cape on the light armor set. But overall the entire design looks very nice to me.

dem crystal look so good doe, but ye if i spend thousands of gold i want a nicer view333

legendary armor

zealex.9410

I think a huge amount of work has gone into them which is great. I like the heavy and bits of the light too, but the medium does nothing for me at all. However, that might be because they chose to use stills in the blog rather than show them animated in their full glory.

keep in mind that sets in rats tent to hide how a set looks we cant tell how meh the medium is until we see it in other classes like humans

legendary armor

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

On the bright side, you can pick and choose which pieces you want to craft. And I would definitely craft at least several of those light armor pieces (if not all of them just for the convenience)

legendary armor

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

Not too happy with rune solution, but it is a solution still.
I would prefer if armor could be “fed” a rune and from that moment on you could select it just as you select the stats, instead of having your inventory swamped with sets upon sets of runes…

legendary armor

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The convenience factor of being able to swap stats and runes easily is worth a lot of trouble. (Although, for Kormir’s sake, ANet, please make the headgear rune apply underwater — the game hasn’t ever had a reason to require a 7th piece of armor and hasn’t since even before the beta tests.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

legendary armor

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

The medium looks like what you’d get if you forced a trenchcoat and an armadillo to breed. Not a fan.

The light still has a butt-cape that’s poofy enough to fit 3 asurans underneath it.

Other than that, the light set is pretty decent tbh. The rune solution is a band-aid hack solution, but it’ll work.

legendary armor

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

i like medium and light hate heavy though.

im bad at sarcasm

legendary armor

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

How do you guys find the sets? Tbh im surpise the charr hasnt been impaled by the spikes on the armor. Im actually surprised on how decent to good light armor looks. As for the medioum… its a trenchcoat so i didnt have high hopes from the get go.

The heavy armor looks good, but the medium and light not so much tbh.

legendary armor

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

A fan of the light armor…..and probably shouldn’t have procrastinated on my part with those provisioner token

/LeSigh

legendary armor

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

A fan of the light armor…..and probably shouldn’t have procrastinated on my part with those provisioner token

/LeSigh

I hate the light armor. It’s a fanged butt cape. I will probably still go for it because my main is an ele and I want the functionality, but I’m really disapointed.

legendary armor

Posted by: Scipio.3204

Scipio.3204

I haven’t decided which one I’ll craft since I haven’t seen them animations & I want to see them on more race first.

I like them all tbh. But whichever I’ll end up choosing I’m worried I’ll like the next legendary armor of that weight better, but my aim will be to craft one for each weight nonetheless.

There is no way I’m going to get another 300 provisioner token tho.

legendary armor

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

Light looks interesting, so that would probably the one I’d choose. Even if it’s just for my mesmer. Didn’t really like heavy from the moment they originally presented it and medium looks even worse.

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

legendary armor

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Heavy is very typical but passable for me. Medium is surprisingly less ugly than I expected it to be… although, still a weird trenchcoat. Light has a circus tent on the rear and a muzzle on the face: Astonishingly repulsive for me.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

legendary armor

Posted by: Zaraki.5784

Zaraki.5784

I really like heavy set but I dislike both medium and light (especially medium is awfully ugly imo).
I would have preferred a different solution for runes too but I think I’ll have to settle for it.

legendary armor

Posted by: Oldirtbeard.9834

Oldirtbeard.9834

Makes me glad I don’t raid, I own the Ice Encasement Outfit so I’m good when it comes to the Light Armor.

legendary armor

zealex.9410

and who knows the armor might look dang with diff colour pallete

legendary armor

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Rune solution is simple, but workable and actually useful. More the pity that they haven’t even mentioned anything about a possibility of legendary armor for nonraiders.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

legendary armor

zealex.9410

Rune solution is simple, but workable and actually useful. More the pity that they haven’t even mentioned anything about a possibility of legendary armor for nonraiders.

I would love my self some fractal themed legendary armor but i feel more than any game mode wvw needs it first.

legendary armor

Oldirtbeard.9834

I would love my self some fractal themed legendary armor but i feel more than any game mode wvw needs it first.

I don’t WvW but this mode was a defining pinnacle for GW2 and I agree if any one deserves Lego Armor it’s those guys.

legendary armor

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

I don’t WvW but this mode was a defining pinnacle for GW2 and I agree if any one deserves Lego Armor it’s those guys.

Agree with this a lot.

legendary armor

zealex.9410

maybe their next 2 year goal could be to make a lego set for wvw

legendary armor

Posted by: Talindra.4958

Talindra.4958

I’m excited I don’t care the skin ugly or not. It’s the function of it tht I’m buying !! Happy with it.
I hv enough li for 3 sets. But only hv one sets material ready.. so am collecting provisional token and mats for next two sets

Champion Magus & Phantom, Demon’s Demise, The Archdesigner.
Death is Energy [DIE] – Gandara EU
Australia

legendary armor

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Shame its raids only well that we know of…. Is this game become raids wars?

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

legendary armor

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Raiding is a hobby, and I chose to play GW2 just as a pastime. I wondered if L. Armor would make me regret that stance. Thankfully, it has not. For all those who like it, I hope that it lives up to your expectations.

legendary armor

Posted by: Icdan Sevaen.4628

Icdan Sevaen.4628

Loving all of the sets, heavy the most and light the least. Already have the mats for heavy and busy gathering for medium.

legendary armor

Posted by: Feanor.2358

Feanor.2358

Raiding is a hobby, and I chose to play GW2 just as a pastime. I wondered if L. Armor would make me regret that stance. Thankfully, it has not. For all those who like it, I hope that it lives up to your expectations.

I’m not particularly excited by the screenshots. I’ll wait until I see it animated, but I’m not holding my hopes high. However, I’m still doing my light set, for the sake of character completion. Same reason I have Ad Infinitum on my main and I always keep it hidden.

legendary armor

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

You must be new to the game, it was well known before that raids are the entrance to legendary armor…more than a year now.

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

legendary armor

Oldirtbeard.9834

You must be new to the game, it was well known before that raids are the entrance to legendary armor…more than a year now.

You must be newer to the game than me because legendaries have been around longer than raids and it was pretty common knowledge that you didn’t need LIs from raids to make these legendaries because Raids did not exist (back in the good old days).

legendary armor

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

maybe their next 2 year goal could be to make a lego set for wvw

In 2 years there might be no WvW anymore…

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

legendary armor

Posted by: GrimmR.3541

GrimmR.3541

They all look pretty horrible, in my opinion. I just hope that I can sell them once crafted, since I do not need the stat/rune swap, but i doubt this will be possible.

toxic since 2012

legendary armor

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

You must be newer to the game than me because legendaries have been around longer than raids and it was pretty common knowledge that you didn’t need LIs from raids to make these legendaries because Raids did not exist (back in the good old days).

You must have problems reading, may I suggest an eye check, it’s free for the older generation. He was talking specifically about legendary armour, which ANet announced was going to be tied to raids, I believe they even said it during the big Heart of Thorns streams they did to advertise it.

That’s without pointing out what I thought was blatantly obvious, legendaries are tied to content even in the “good old days”. It was tied to map completion with gen 1 legendary weapons, tied to Heart of Thorns and those currencies with gen 2 and finally raids with the armour.

legendary armor

Posted by: zoomborg.9462

zoomborg.9462

Dont worry about Oldirtbeard man, he’s just venting his anger cause power necro is trash.

legendary armor

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

You must have problems reading, may I suggest an eye check, it’s free for the older generation. He was talking specifically about legendary armour, which ANet announced was going to be tied to raids, I believe they even said it during the big Heart of Thorns streams they did to advertise it.

That’s without pointing out what I thought was blatantly obvious, legendaries are tied to content even in the “good old days”. It was tied to map completion with gen 1 legendary weapons, tied to Heart of Thorns and those currencies with gen 2 and finally raids with the armour.

To be fair, it is one thing to allude ties to raid and quite another condemning you to repeat them ad-nauseam.

When they initially said the recipe to get legendary armour would be inside raids, I thought you needed raid to unlock the recipe and then could proceed as usual for the legendary. The other legendaries, even the new ones, offered a lot more variety in currencies requirement and ways to get them.

Beside, the raids ended-up being something I was not expecting at all: a boss chain. It is not fun to everyone at all, nor as accessible for all since dependent on other players hugely favoring ppl who can commit to fixed schedules.

I understand giving a unique skin to a game content, but not the legendary functionality.

legendary armor

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

When they initially said the recipe to get legendary armour would be inside raids, I thought you needed raid to unlock the recipe and then could proceed as usual for the legendary. The other legendaries, even the new ones, offered a lot more variety in currencies requirement and ways to get them.

While I can understand the frustration with having to do the raids for ~2.5 months in order to get enough insights to make a full set, it is about one of the only ways to make it require actual skill to aquire. Very few people will be willing to buy up 150 insights in order to make a full set but buying 1 kill per boss is totally doable. If anything, the very last heart should have been rewarded for unlocking every skin/mini from the raids and then the armor would truly be just for the raiders.

Beside, the raids ended-up being something I was not expecting at all: a boss chain. It is not fun to everyone at all, nor as accessible for all since dependent on other players hugely favoring ppl who can commit to fixed schedules.

Compared to other games, GW2 raids are amazing because they have very little trash mobs. There is a reason they are called trash by the way, and it’s not because they are fun to kill.

I understand giving a unique skin to a game content, but not the legendary functionality.

I can understand this complaint if you are a WvW player, and I totally agree that when another set rolls around to give it to them. If you are a PvP player, why do you actually need armor to begin with? If you are a PvE player, raids are PvE by the way and pretty much the only place you’d have to swap stats anyhow.

legendary armor

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

While I can understand the frustration with having to do the raids for ~2.5 months in order to get enough insights to make a full set, it is about one of the only ways to make it require actual skill to aquire. Very few people will be willing to buy up 150 insights in order to make a full set but buying 1 kill per boss is totally doable. If anything, the very last heart should have been rewarded for unlocking every skin/mini from the raids and then the armor would truly be just for the raiders.

The point I was making tho was that the “ties” to the raid we were advertised, were WAY deeper than anything else seen before.

As it is, I can build 2 pieces of armour. I’ve gotten my LI by pugging easier raids or by paying for unlocking more difficult collection items. I would prefer just playing like I do all other part of the game, but since I depend on others, and my work IRL may ask me to be unavailable from week to week, it is harder to find and keep doing raid with a fixed group and schedule. And it doesn’t help that I do not find the content that great either.

Compared to other games, GW2 raids are amazing because they have very little trash mobs. There is a reason they are called trash by the way, and it’s not because they are fun to kill.

I disagree here. Trash mobs are trash if they are not keeping you on your toes. It doesn’t help if you can avoid them too easily (AKA stealth). When you are in constant danger of aggroing too much, and there is a consequence to dying, the “trash” are a very effective way to make your progression to the end satisfying while providing a sense of immersion (yeah, I part of that weird group of ppl that like immersion in a game, book or movie).

I can understand this complaint if you are a WvW player, and I totally agree that when another set rolls around to give it to them. If you are a PvP player, why do you actually need armor to begin with? If you are a PvE player, raids are PvE by the way and pretty much the only place you’d have to swap stats anyhow.

Well, bingo! I am, or was, a WvW player first by far. For me it is, was, the best game content by far and the biggest lost opportunity of this game.

legendary armor

Feanor.2358

I disagree here. Trash mobs are trash if they are not keeping you on your toes. It doesn’t help if you can avoid them too easily (AKA stealth). When you are in constant danger of aggroing too much, and there is a consequence to dying, the “trash” are a very effective way to make your progression to the end satisfying while providing a sense of immersion (yeah, I part of that weird group of ppl that like immersion in a game, book or movie).

That’s a very rare case. And it usually ends up in people finding ways to avoid these mobs. See the established strategies for running Caudecus’ Manor or how you skip mobs in Arah. In my opinion raids do well on this front, focusing on epic bosses which feel ultimately satisfying when defeated, especially for the first time.

legendary armor

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

Dont worry about Oldirtbeard man, he’s just venting his anger cause power necro is trash.

As a power necro I don’t think so =/
I do all of the content available to me very easily.

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

legendary armor

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

Ty for helping him out. It turned out that he didn’t understand the content.

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

legendary armor

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

As a power necro I don’t think so =/
I do all of the content available to me very easily.

trash = useless compared to other classes

legendary armor

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

That’s a very rare case. And it usually ends up in people finding ways to avoid these mobs. See the established strategies for running Caudecus’ Manor or how you skip mobs in Arah. In my opinion raids do well on this front, focusing on epic bosses which feel ultimately satisfying when defeated, especially for the first time.

I’m the kind who hardly ever want to skip content and who did dungeons to death… all of them (and I still do from time to time). I do not mind killing Seamus Sureshot every single time. I, of course, do not because the ppl in the group only care about farming and I follow because it’s better than not doing the dungeon at all.

But still, remove stealth and put more efficient choke points and it becomes a lot harder to skip everything with impunity. Beside, if you give the mob a chance to drop something interresting and unique, like chaos or zodiac weapons in GW1 for example, and the farmers might not always want to skip these mobs. Also, making death relevant as opposed to a mere delay and ppl will think twice before trying to skip all if the risk is high. Raid already prevent you from resing, so death is already relevant in that you loose all your progress when you wipe in that context. Only something relevant is missing on your way toward the boss.

That content is important to me mainly because it brings an additional possibility of chaos you have to adapt to rather than mostly rote learn a rotation very well along with a fight mechanic. The trash mobs can keeps you on your toes if it is well exploited and ask you to adapt to how things evolves along the way to the boss.

Adaption is what make pvp a superior skill exercice IMO (I’m no pvp pro btw). You can’t rote win a fight in pvp. The player in front of you adapt to how you try to adapt. It is dynamic and if you want a challenge that isn’t always the same without trash mob, pvp is the way to go. Raid is more the domain of the control freaks (min/maxers), and I’m no such player. Specially when in a team setting.

legendary armor

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

To be fair, it is one thing to allude ties to raid and quite another condemning you to repeat them ad-nauseam.

They said it was tied to raids, I don’t recall anyone saying anything about a single recipe or only having to do it only once. In fact if you actually stopped and thought about it why would any company make a raid you run once for the best stuff in the game? The concept of doing that is really poor and that’s even if you’ve never done a raid before, those that have done raids before know they’re designed to be rerun multiple times to get gear.

I find it hilarious you’re complaining that you can’t commit to fixed schedules but also complaining that they’re just a string of bosses when that kind of format makes it a lot easier to hop in and out of at a moment’s notice. If raids were any different I guarantee you would have much more trouble as you wouldn’t be able to hop in and out as you need to and would possibly have to commit to a few hours before getting anything.

They’re not tying a fancy skin to content, they are tying legendary gear to the hardest content that they are designing.

legendary armor

Feanor.2358

The funny thing is, death in raids is mostly relevant on encounters where you face a single boss. For instance, I remember clearing Escort with only 3 surviving members of the group. It just doesn’t matter if someone dies, because the mobs are trash. The established strategy also includes a mesmer skipping the mobs in the cave in order to port additional members to the first tower. Yeah, you certainly can increase the density of the mobs there to prevent that, but… should you? How is fighting a throng of faceless mobs using generic attacks interesting or fun?

legendary armor

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

They said it was tied to raids, I don’t recall anyone saying anything about a single recipe or only having to do it only once. In fact if you actually stopped and thought about it why would any company make a raid you run once for the best stuff in the game? The concept of doing that is really poor and that’s even if you’ve never done a raid before, those that have done raids before know they’re designed to be rerun multiple times to get gear.

If you also stop to look at how things were before, legendaries were never so deeply tied to a single part of the game. Expecting to have to do raids to get the armor in the process was one thing. Having to redo and redo them with boss kill 150 times was not what was said or even close to be expected. There is being tied, and there is being TIED.

Raid, to me, was intented for a niche of people who would like that content for what it is, while the armor, as advertized, was obviously going to be interresting for a LOT larger audience. It was the selling point for me, not raids. To me, it made no sense whatsoever to coerce people into something they knew before hand would not be interresting save for a relative minority. If you want to aggravate your customers, well played.

I find it hilarious you’re complaining that you can’t commit to fixed schedules but also complaining that they’re just a string of bosses when that kind of format makes it a lot easier to hop in and out of at a moment’s notice. If raids were any different I guarantee you would have much more trouble as you wouldn’t be able to hop in and out as you need to and would possibly have to commit to a few hours before getting anything.

They’re not tying a fancy skin to content, they are tying legendary gear to the hardest content that they are designing.

I try hard to understand what you find hilarious. How is my complain regarding schedules related to my critic of the content? It’s but one more element explaning why it is aggravating for someone like me who was aiming for that armor even before the expension was available.

I’m not saying ppl have no right to love that content and that they should not have unique stuff. I’m saying “I” don’t like that content for the reasons I gave. I’m also of the opinion, that locking a selling point of your expansion exlusively behind a niche content is not a masterful move. A skin, ok, but not a legendary armor. At least give one more road toward a different set if you plan it like that is what I say.

legendary armor

Feanor.2358

Like The Ascension isn’t tied to PvP and Ad Infinitum isn’t tied to Fractals of the Mists? Both require you to play a LOT in their respective modes.

legendary armor

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

The funny thing is, death in raids is mostly relevant on encounters where you face a single boss. For instance, I remember clearing Escort with only 3 surviving members of the group. It just doesn’t matter if someone dies, because the mobs are trash. The established strategy also includes a mesmer skipping the mobs in the cave in order to port additional members to the first tower. Yeah, you certainly can increase the density of the mobs there to prevent that, but… should you? How is fighting a throng of faceless mobs using generic attacks interesting or fun?

Yes, but my point is, it could be relevant for all that is inside. Not just the boss.

More importantly, of course, it is my personnal taste. People who like it better like it is do not have to feel bad about it. I’m merely sharing my frustration (even greater now that I see the skin I drag myself toward). I will continue to drag myself by joinning groups left and right at my own pace and paying a few runs here and there to accelerate things, but it’s no fun in the context I play and with the preferences I have is all.

legendary armor

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Like The Ascension isn’t tied to PvP and Ad Infinitum isn’t tied to Fractals of the Mists? Both require you to play a LOT in their respective modes.

The point is, I have an option if I want a back item between two very different game modes. Not so for armour.

legendary armor

Feanor.2358

More importantly, of course, it is my personnal taste.

That’s another thing entirely. I can understand why you’d appreciate if things were done differently, I was primarily giving reasons why they aren’t. But I’m not going to convince you to change your tastes.