Posted by: Untouch.2541

Untouch.2541

5/10 because possibly people will do dungeons besides CoF now

rate the dungeon patch 1-10

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Envy.1679

Envy.1679

1/10

i dont want to do any dungeons at all for anything anymore.

MARATHON CIV 5 DIFFICULTY 10 STILL GOING

Posted by: Bronelic.7560

Bronelic.7560

1 out 10 its not only cof they screwed up they nerfed all of them with the loot

Posted by: Shmerrick.9168

Shmerrick.9168

1/10 Even LESS reward than was already an abomination to what should be called a dungeon. Anyone do the math on how many runs it will take to get a full set of gear.

89+! Even at ‘speed runs’. That’x 89 × 15-20 min = 1335 – 1780 min. Only 22 – 29 hours of the same instance. LOL

Posted by: Tolgon.9842

Tolgon.9842

1/10 for the sole reason that Arenanet obviously didn’t do any thinking before implementing these changes.

RG

Posted by: Painking.4703

Painking.4703

3/2/10.

Complex fractions make the best ratings. As well as good dates.

Posted by: COBRA.6095

COBRA.6095

2/10

Why two points? Cause it’s ok to nerf a speed run.
Why that low anyway? Cause HOW they nerfed it is very bad. To make an event only beatable by dieing …

Posted by: Viracer.9436

Viracer.9436

Breaking this down into a few scores.

Difficulty 7/10. Needs tweaking, but I’m ok with hard.
Time Spent 0/10. It’s a huge grind that I usually only have time for on weekends…
Rewards 3/10. …that doesn’t always pay. A failed dungeon attempt in repair & travel costs force me to grind easy DEs and trash mobs to compensate for the losses and pray for a couple good drops.

Posted by: Scott.1630

Scott.1630

Realistically? 3/10

I can perfectly understand the nerfing of gold/experience rewards, but changing the difficultly is an atrocious change. I’ve given up on any thinking that, as a level 80, any endgame content is casual at all.

I don’t think I even want to play anymore until something is done about endgame and grinding.

Posted by: shaktiboi.5194

shaktiboi.5194

Seriously, dungeons are neither fun, challenging, nor rewarding. My time is much better spent in overland PvE exploration.

Posted by: Yaptap.7945

Yaptap.7945

Only 70 more tokens to finish out my CoF gear, thank god I farmed last weekend.

1/10

Posted by: Krabs.8297

Krabs.8297

1/10. Would not bang.

Posted by: DeadlyStormZ.2370

DeadlyStormZ.2370

0/10
worse than bad

Posted by: Jovers.7825

Jovers.7825

10/10

The only nerf is to people that want to run the same thing 3+ times in a row or want to run story mode multiple times.

Now there’s plenty of reason to do other branches and other dungeons.

The only thing that I would change are the equipment rewards in sub-80 dungeons and making tokens universal. Some branches could use some balance tweaks (less HP on everything, etc).

But none of that was part of this patch, it was a problem before as well. So 10/10 for this patch, and all you baddies can just go and sulk. It seems to be easier than getting better at the game for you.

So more repetition = better game? I guess that’s a new one.

Posted by: Mrpopo.4593

Mrpopo.4593

All these people saying how the changes are justified. Please justify spending 2~4 hours of your time in a dungeon only to get 7 silver in return.

Posted by: jeno.6435

jeno.6435

-1/10
lost more money then i could earn….
got 15 cof tokens from playing today, i played roughly bout 5hrs give and take, really couldn’t get pass that defence room, max was only 90%

and the best part was i felt more stressed than having fun playing with today’s new patch

Posted by: Shubawks.6104

Shubawks.6104

0/10 – Dungeons are now a waste of time and money.

Leader of <Gentlemen> on Isle of Janthir Server.

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

10/10. People were facerolling elite dungeons and reaping the rewards. If you can join a pug, regardless of party composition, and get dungeon rewards by facerolling, then the dungeon rewards become worthless.

Posted by: InternetKillTV.5798

InternetKillTV.5798

0/10, I hate ANet right now.

“Choose Happiness”

5 Years Later, We’re There!

Posted by: D I V A.6018

D I V A.6018

10/10
this was as much needed as it can get.

People who post “0/10 would not bang” or “I hate Anet” are obviously butthurt that they will have to play better for the same ammount of money earned. Kind of sad.

Posted by: DeadlyStormZ.2370

DeadlyStormZ.2370

10/10. People were facerolling elite dungeons and reaping the rewards. If you can join a pug, regardless of party composition, and get dungeon rewards by facerolling, then the dungeon rewards become worthless.

I enjoy the game while I can do dungeons regardless of party composition and just hang out with friends with no stress from party composition.
Not “Oh I’m a mage I cannot join this since I’m not welcomed in this dungeon. Oh I’m a warrior I cannot join that since there are too much warriors.” anymore please.

BTW, elite dungeons should be rewardful. I am not a hardcore player so i need to spend gems on repair cost now? NO Fxxkxxg way!

Posted by: Mr Prismatic.9578

Mr Prismatic.9578

4/10
The way it was presented was not cool.
I saw a 3 hour warning before the next build. I was kicked off right as I ended my dungeon.

I think it was sprung on the community too fast for us to adjust.
Runs are too difficult for most players and not rewarding enough for any of us.
If they think I’m spending any money on gems for gold, they’re sadly mistaken.

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

I enjoy the game while I can do dungeons regardless of party composition and just hang out with friends with no stress from party composition.
Not “Oh I’m a mage I cannot join this since I’m not welcomed in this dungeon. Oh I’m a warrior I cannot join that since there are too much warriors.” anymore please.

BTW, elite dungeons should be rewardful. I am not a hardcore player so i need to spend gems on repair cost now? NO Fxxkxxg way!

I’m not sure what you mean by spending gems on repair costs, but aside from that…
Party composition is a HUGE factor in strategy… Regardless of what profession you are running, you can change your build and specs to become a “team” and not just individuals. In guild wars 2, the classes are all fairly balanced to the point that any number of players of the same profession are welcome on a team, as long as they are working together… You can only stack conditions and things up to 25, so why apply more? If everyone is running bleed stacks, you are going to get nowhere fast. Coordinate, strategize, and work as a team to accomplish your goal…. facerolling should be eliminated entirely.

Posted by: Midgard.1235

Midgard.1235

COF is way too hard there is no possible way to finish it. the only way to succeed in it is to stand in the line and suicide one by one multiple times. good job arenanet that is just great!

Best Warrior US

Posted by: Rubiks.4581

Rubiks.4581

I’m not going to put a number on it, but, the way to nerf a speed run is to fix it. Nerfing rewards seems lazy as opposed to fixing the content. Fix it how? Well I cant answer that, I’m not a designer and in no way would I attempt to offer advice in that respect but CoF Magg needs to be harder, in a good group I can easily clear it in ~15 minutes. There are some other dungeon options that need a fix in a way that forces you to clear the trash instead of stealthing past it all, how, again I dont know lol. These are just my opinions, this patch will force us to run other dungeons, but maybe I dont want to.. That should be MY choice, just like it should be my choice to grind mobs so drops if I so desire, which is also something I cant be because after 20min of 100%+ MF I dont get any drops. Anyway, just my input! glhf all.

Posted by: Tearmatt.5410

Tearmatt.5410

3/10 broke the reward system, 2 silver u srs? for a level 80? die and ur rep bill is more than 2s lol what a joke

Posted by: babizokahh.1870

babizokahh.1870

-1/10 dungeons are not fun.

I have no mouth and i must scream.

Posted by: Vorpal.4683

Vorpal.4683

Diminishing returns on same dungeon more than twice: 10/10
Penalties on doing dungeons in less than 30 minutes: 0/10
Ridiculous buffs to CoF 2 while leaving Cof1 and 3 bugged: -1/ 10

I want the armor skins from CoF. I’m not particularly interested in speed running it for money. Now I don’t know that any path in CoF is really doable at this point.

Posted by: darkehawke.1269

darkehawke.1269

2/10 they killed story mode

Mrpopo.4593

I want the armor skins from CoF. I’m not particularly interested in speed running it for money. Now I don’t know that any path in CoF is really doable at this point. same man i liked making money lol

Posted by: serena smith.2734

serena smith.2734

0/10. I don’t get why they had to do this….

When the wind is so strong that you almost can hear a whisper calling your name..
This is your calling, to The battle of your life.

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

1/10

To ArenaNet:
STOP messing with game dynamics once you’ve set them in motion. If it’s not a bug, or seriously hampering the playing of some players, leave. it. alone.

This is exactly how you tick off your player base.

Posted by: praeclarus.6321

praeclarus.6321

3/10

A change in difficulty was definitely needed for CoF, but a broad nerf to all dungeons was overkill. Hopefully they’ll see their mistake.

Posted by: Luukator.6038

Luukator.6038

1/10

Community is raging and no need to do any dungeons atm. People were doing CoF because it was easy, fast and in that regard you got decent rewards. It was fine. You already had to do it like 80+ times for a set of armor. They said there was gonna be no grind (grind in repeating content). Well look at the current state of the game.
There’s no more fun for me atm, WvW queues are balls and doing events in Orr all over again is just lame as hell.
Think I’ll be doing some BF3 instead of GW2 tonight..

Posted by: Ender.1472

Ender.1472

So after spending time dying and trying to finish CoF, Maggs famous bug in the lava occured again. Spent 15s on repairs, time, got stressed out. Not enjoyable at the moment. This isnt a game is supposed to be.

Posted by: Krabs.8297

Krabs.8297

10/10
this was as much needed as it can get.

People who post “0/10 would not bang” or “I hate Anet” are obviously butthurt that they will have to play better for the same ammount of money earned. Kind of sad.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you… DIVA. Living up to his tag and causing a scene just like one would expect. Bravo, sir. Bravo.

Posted by: Michael Sheilds.8065

Michael Sheilds.8065

0/10 Almost pointless now. Dungeons were hardly fun to begin with and now theres an EVEN SMALLER reward, I mine as well go back to WoW.

Posted by: Ghyst.8671

Ghyst.8671

10/10

Wooooo! all the baddies can’t pug up and faceroll EX dungeons. This means it’s even sweeter to complete EX dungeons and prance around Tyria in dungeon sets, because not everyone can get them now! Virtual high-five to all my fellow dungeon crawlers who will be sticking this out and performing some elite prancing in their tasty dungeon sets.

[Cloak] – US Anvil Rock – PvE guild obsessed with clearing EX mode dungeons and WvWvW.

Posted by: Vodajo.1865

Vodajo.1865

The dungeon sets are bloody aweful xD

Mrpopo.4593

10/10

Wooooo! all the baddies can’t pug up and faceroll EX dungeons. This means it’s even sweeter to complete EX dungeons and prance around Tyria in dungeon sets, because not everyone can get them now! Virtual high-five to all my fellow dungeon crawlers who will be sticking this out and performing some elite prancing in their tasty dungeon sets.

sounds like a troll to me or someone that has already farmed a whole set before this patch or maybe some one that hasn’t even hit 80 yet?? stop being a fan boy and be honest that’s what this thread is about

Posted by: Rakin.2630

Rakin.2630

2/10 I know that hardcore players will love this patch , bu me having not so many time to play 3-4 hours by day maximum it spoils fun out of it. Today we try to do Caduceus Manor for the first time story mode we faild in the cellar where Ranged Champion is , 2 silver mobs 1 champion and agro from other cellar which gives 7 mobs on 6 ppl Impossible to make especialy when it’s your first run …sad…

Posted by: verm.6150

verm.6150

Not too happy with the “fix” myself, made the game less fun as i wont be doing dungeons with my guild as they take far too long and were made too hard, and i was only doing CM dungeon. so 0/10 if it aint broke dont try to fix it.

Mrpopo.4593

2/10 I know that hardcore players will love this patch , bu me having not so many time to play 3-4 hours by day maximum it spoils fun out of it. Today we try to do Caduceus Manor for the first time story mode we faild in the cellar where Ranged Champion is , 2 silver mobs 1 champion and agro from other cellar which gives 7 mobs on 6 ppl Impossible to make especialy when it’s your first run …sad…

i’m some what hardcore atm but this patch sucked the life out of the “end game” for me, dungeons should have great rewards money,gear ect now with most of that gone it’s like what do i do?

Posted by: linkvegeta.3865

linkvegeta.3865

1/10 I can understand raising the difficulty or lowering the reward but not both. dungeons are not worth doing any more.

Posted by: McSneaky.9037

McSneaky.9037

I imagine the developers were thinking: “well 47% of our players will not like the change, maybe somebody will?”

0/10

Posted by: Arrogoth.7085

Arrogoth.7085

I want more challenge with better rewards not more challenge with less rewards wtf?

Posted by: Conspiracy.7582

Conspiracy.7582

1/10, I will rarely if ever do dungeons again.

Posted by: Nix.2984

Nix.2984

1/10
Seriously disappointed abt the nerf …
Great thx to Anet for nerfing till players don’t even want to do dungeon runs …

Posted by: Rhys.5439

Rhys.5439

1/10
I myself have the full CoF armor, but I am sincerely disappointed in how ANet handled this. Yes, Magg’s run needed a buff, but this was absolutely one of the worst ways to do it. Players should not have to chain-suicide an event just to open the door to the boss.

Voren Cindershade – Survivor of the Shade warband; leader of the Cinder warband.