rate the dungeon patch 1-10

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Draaky.2436

Draaky.2436

1/10
SM way to hard for dungeons and
CoF Exp is way to mutch nerfed…
2 out of 10 PuGs worked. This makes playing with ppl not enjoyeble wath Anet wanted to do its inposseble to do dungeons now and if u completed it ur lucky..
Plz fix this useless dungeon patch u made more problems than fixes.

Posted by: Kal.8569

Kal.8569

1/10

I’ll rarely do any dungeons again. Too much grind, too little fun/reward.
The only reason I did CoF repeatedly was because the items seemed obtainable within a reasonable amount of time (even though it became a boring grind).

Plus, I’m already running out of things to do in game (without an painful grind anyway) , and now this.

Posted by: Mattress.3629

Mattress.3629

0/10 I have nothing to gain by doing the dungeons except a massive repair bill and 3 hours of my life lost.

Mattress – Asuran Elementalist
Whiteside Ridge

Posted by: Duv.1603

Duv.1603

The dungeon team is just bad. Most boss encounters simply entail beating on a mob with more life than the trash mobs leading up to it. There are very few novel or fun mechanics in the vast majority of fights, regardless of the dungeon.

There’s also very little incentive or reason to run them. Unless you need tokens required for the Legendary process, or want a particular piece for the look, there’s little reason to gather a group and run through a path once you’ve already experienced it.

Posted by: RainbowVomit.2509

RainbowVomit.2509

1/10

10characters

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

At least before people do dungeons. Now no one will do them with me. How is this supposed to be fun again?

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Posted by: Crovack.3761

Crovack.3761

2/10
There were changes that needed to be implemented, as 4+warriors could clear it in 8-10 minute runs. I can completely understand that 6 clears per hour with time left over to vendor was faster than intended and higher rewards than anticipated.

That said, the way they fixed this was over-the-top. There’s 5 of us who played together constantly and now feel like our time is meaningless in the game. We enjoyed challenge, but not chain-deaths to untunned frequently buggy content. We enjoyed finding ways in which we could apply skill and strategy to attain goals faster.

ANet’s continued to make knee-jerk reactions that at this point just cost it 5 players. I thought it was amazing how SWToR lost so many players in the first 30 days, but ANet sure wants to top their record for fastest disappearing MMO population.

P.S.: No idea why ANYONE would do a pickup group with strangers now. This is the worst possible thing to do for casuals.

(edited by Crovack.3761)

Posted by: Erikon.6495

Erikon.6495

1/10

Son, I am disappoint

Posted by: Fido.3126

Fido.3126

6/10, I think it’s a good change in terms of dungeon difficulty.. I’m tired of seeing these so called “hard core” ppl walking around with full exotics from CoF thinking they are elite for running an ezmode dungeon.

What I don’t like about the change is they added diminishing returns for Silver and EXP gain. I think that’s just dumb. If you are going to make the dungeons hard as hell, that’s fine with me because the better players can still do it just fine but don’t go and reduce the amount of rewards you get for farming a dungeon.

Posted by: BatteryBiscuits.1573

BatteryBiscuits.1573

10/10
I’m glad to see that they decided to make the CoF more difficult so We don’t see every living being in CoF armor for doing an easymodo dungeon explorable.
Of course I think there could be slightly more rewards in terms of loot from chests and such but for the token rewards, I think it’s fine the way it is.
You want a cool-looking set but hate the repetition?
Do the dungeon another time until you feel like it, it’s not like you abselotuly need this armor right away right? Of course I know some people and me play for long hours getting something we want (I finally got my ghostly sword a few days ago and it does glow in the night) but it doesn’t hurt to make it a long term goal rather than trying to torture yourself to get the gear right away if you hate repetition.
As for people saying anet said it wasn’t supposed to be a grind, I’m pretty sure they meant for leveling and getting money in general, I don’t recall them saying no grind for dungeon armors or exotics at all in their previous blog posts (Someone correct me if i’m wrong)

Posted by: Reynfall.1547

Reynfall.1547

0/10 no longer want to do dungeons, feeling quite depressed

Posted by: The Elementerrorist.2786

The Elementerrorist.2786

-9000/10. The dungeons are not fun at all! The patch made it even worse

Posted by: Wayfinder.8452

Wayfinder.8452

6/10

A good idea, totally wrong numbers, needs more polish. +1 for fixing CoF, I knew about it and didn’t run it a single time, that wasn’t the way I wanted to play this game.

The man who can wield the power of this sword can summon to him an army
more deadly than any that walks this earth. Put aside the Ranger.
Become who you were born to be. I give hope to men. I keep none for myself.

Posted by: Ranarn.8715

Ranarn.8715

1 of 10.

To hard now.

Posted by: climbatize.8729

climbatize.8729

1/10 – Why is my rating 1?

Well i’m usualy runing dungenons with my guild and did almost all my runs with them , and we decided to check how and what they changed.
Made it to lava field – and died and died a lot of times for the next 1,5 h , mostlly due to Magg pulling everything bugging out runing in the flames and standing there , and due to some of the mobs beeing invunreable …. and we didnt even do the “defend magg” event.
I dont think this change was tested at all, the dev purely went the easy way to fix this , i dont mind the dungeon to be harder at all but what i mind are bugged events npc’s…….

TDA

Posted by: Nazario.4760

Nazario.4760

From 5/10 to 1/10.

CoF2 was the only light in the tunnel in the horrible dungeon design. 70+ times to do dungeons that are really long with crappy rewards. Then I find CoF2 – THE ONLY THING THEY DID RIGHT.

Then they extinguished that light.

From 5/10 to 1/10 and will probably quit. Another MMO company that doesent care about their playerbase, says they are listening… but meant “Bioware Mass effect 3” type listening.

Meaning “We know you were having fun, so we changed that. But please dont leave, this is ARTISTIC INTEGRITY” The only artistic thing about this whole thing is the web of lies they weaved for us. Truly a masterpiece of making people happy only to crush it all beneath their ironheel in one giant stomp.

I really dont feel anger as much as I feel sadness. Because I truly loved this game. 12 years of MMOs for me. With promises on promises on promises, and one failure after the other. Then GW2 comes along as the final beacon of light. And when it all looks like it cant fail, it does. Because games by gamers for gamers today, means games by liars for idiots. At the end of the day they decide to stealthnerf (Keeping us out of the loop) and make the only one good dungeon in the game as horrible as the rest, and blames the players for being bad instead of taking responsibility and admit they did a mistake.

Posted by: Raptorious Big.5416

Raptorious Big.5416

1/10
you’d think they’d be more professional about their presentation, maybe a ptr or something instead of changing something people do to gear up, drastically.

this move was noobish by anet.

Posted by: nvmvoidrays.2158

nvmvoidrays.2158

6/10

A good idea, totally wrong numbers, needs more polish. +1 for fixing CoF, I knew about it and didn’t run it a single time, that wasn’t the way I wanted to play this game.

what this guy said.

other then the fact that i never did CoF ‘cuz i don’t like how it looks.

Posted by: Raim.6123

Raim.6123

I think the issue here is that you should ‘encourage’ players to run different dungeons, instead of gating people from doing the same dungeon over and over.

Instead of flat out preventing people from running a dungeon over and over, give incentives to run different ones? Maybe like a mild Karma/EXP/Gold increase for switching them up each day.

Posted by: Mog.1589

Mog.1589

Okay so well I am not even 80 yet but after reading all this stuff about 40+ hrs of running the same dungeon just to get gear that I could get in like a few hours from crafting, well lets just say that I will only be doing the Story Mode dungeons for just that the story. Screw grinding some dungeons for 40+ for a set of gear. This also kind shattered my conception of how the game was built according to the hype that was given by A.Net Devs before release.

Some questiosn, what happened to drops? Can you not get the gear from bosses? Do bosses even drop Exotics? Why the hell do you I need to run the SAME dungeon for 1300 tokens? Why is there no generic token?

So based off what I am reading gonna rate 1/10. These dungeon grinds sound prettykittenbad, something I would expect from a Korean MMO not A.Net.

[LGN] Legion For We Are Many – a Blackgate guild

Posted by: nords.2163

nords.2163

8/10.

Sure its not perfect, but nothing ever is. I like how challenging the dungeons are in explorable mode and I dont give it a 9/10 since there are a few bugs I have run into (some frustrating) and because a large population already have gear they dont deserve and money by facerolling an easy instance; over and over and over and over… yeah. Grats, you probably still suck at the game even in better gear.

Posted by: nords.2163

nords.2163

Okay so well I am not even 80 yet but after reading all this stuff about 40+ hrs of running the same dungeon just to get gear that I could get in like a few hours from crafting, well lets just say that I will only be doing the Story Mode dungeons for just that the story. Screw grinding some dungeons for 40+ for a set of gear. This also kind shattered my conception of how the game was built according to the hype that was given by A.Net Devs before release.

Some questiosn, what happened to drops? Can you not get the gear from bosses? Do bosses even drop Exotics? Why the hell do you I need to run the SAME dungeon for 1300 tokens? Why is there no generic token?

So based off what I am reading gonna rate 1/10. These dungeon grinds sound prettykittenbad, something I would expect from a Korean MMO not A.Net.

You dont need to grind the same dungeon 100x for gear. I have 2 complete sets (armor, trinkets, weapons) of exotics and not a single one is from dungeons. Stats are all similar on all exotics irregardless of where you obtained them, only difference in looks. Dungeons were designed to have fun testing yourself with the opportunity to get nicer looking skins. If you want a certain skin really bad, you will need to run the same dungeon in one of the four to five pathways several times to get it. Otherwise, its a game, have fun; if its not fun, its not for you.

Posted by: Dopplegangr.9678

Dopplegangr.9678

0/10

I was having a good time yesterday leveling up by running dungeons. I bought all new gear and changed my traits to focus on dungeons. Today, I ran one dungeon and it was ruined. Changed my gear and traits, back to questing.

Posted by: Mog.1589

Mog.1589

You dont need to grind the same dungeon 100x for gear. I have 2 complete sets (armor, trinkets, weapons) of exotics and not a single one is from dungeons. Stats are all similar on all exotics irregardless of where you obtained them, only difference in looks. Dungeons were designed to have fun testing yourself with the opportunity to get nicer looking skins. If you want a certain skin really bad, you will need to run the same dungeon in one of the four to five pathways several times to get it. Otherwise, its a game, have fun; if its not fun, its not for you.

You didn’t really get what I saying. I know you can get Exotics from crafting much faster. I know the point is the skins.

The point I was trying to get at that you missed was the time vs reward is off compared to other MMOs. If A.Net wants this model that is cool with me. I will not be farming dungeons anyway, my times is better spent in WvW.

However A.Net should announce this model to their player base so those players running dungeons expecting a reward model similar to other games are not let down resulting in them coming to the forums to whine. This should be made known to new players who are looking into this game.

Also the general consensus from what i can see is the time it takes is to get the tokens for 1 set is pretty high. Again if that is A.Net’s intentions they need to clearly state it. So far they have not. The hype built around this game by A.Net is = casual fun and not grindy. Yet this dungeon model does not follow that.

It comes down to communication. Communicate the model and let the player base know what to expect. Do not build up hype that is 100% different then what is happening in game.

[LGN] Legion For We Are Many – a Blackgate guild

Posted by: Vi Au.8341

Vi Au.8341

2/10
Sucks cuze even when you change path, your reward still get downscaled

Posted by: nbates.4701

nbates.4701

All these people saying how the changes are justified. Please justify spending 2~4 hours of your time in a dungeon only to get 7 silver in return.

Fun. That’s why it’s called a game and not a job.

Posted by: masterXXpoop.9314

masterXXpoop.9314

3/10

I don’t care that they are more challenging. But nerfing the already crappy rewards was a bad idea.

You need balance ArenaNet, Hard but rewarding.

Some parts are nearly impossible to do without dying, and to get the gear to not die you have to do the dungeons,(or grind crafting, which is boring).

Posted by: Lichomancer.8903

Lichomancer.8903

1/10. You make it harder and lower the rewards. Just ran CM and oh my god was it insane. Snipers everywhere. It got to the point our group would get up from a revive and fall right back down due to the snipers. I personally had to repair three times. Possible it was a bad group but I have never died that many times in there before the patch. No level 40 needs to be going in there at all.

I personally will not be coming back to the game until this is remedied. I got my $60 worth already.

Posted by: nicolebsb.5240

nicolebsb.5240

-10/10

Piece of crap. Thanks for nerfing, Anet, and making your game pointless simply because you’re too lazy to make endgame material and feel like it’s far better to just make it impossible to get to 80.

Posted by: nicolebsb.5240

nicolebsb.5240

All these people saying how the changes are justified. Please justify spending 2~4 hours of your time in a dungeon only to get 7 silver in return.

Fun. That’s why it’s called a game and not a job.

Um, okay, well, if you want to play a game that you just run around, don’t get money, don’t get levels, and don’t get loot, then please go play monopoly. Because, now they’ve made the game impossible to play through.

Posted by: Lilith.9173

Lilith.9173

I do not mind they made them harder; I enjoy a challenge, and I love nice rewards from spending my time doing said challenges. Getting a few copper, a white item.. maybe a potion that turns me into something stupid is not a reward, and the final reward… It feels like a slap in the face, and the people that made these dungeons are sitting back, and laughing at the rage that spews from my now spinning head. Where is my motivation for doing these dungeons? 2/10

Posted by: Zumbaro.8376

Zumbaro.8376

8/10

I’m going to be honest I don’t like the quick and repeatable farming, there is just no satisfaction to actually achieving anything that way. I like the fact that you now have to change it up a bit and that dying means something in this game because of its cost. I haven’t played a game where I hated dying since Lineage 2 and I’ve finally got that again in GW2. So why 8/10…

A big part is because this is a step in the right direction….but…

First off it really doesn’t give people a reason to run multiple dungeons a day it just makes them run different versions of the same dungeon. It amazes me that people complain about how slow it is going to be to get gear now with this system but its still a far faster system for obtaining a top tier gear set then most games available on the market.

Secondly dungeons still don’t offer much more then a skin for a weapon or armor set that has the same stats as something crafted or obtainable a hundred other ways. Honestly as I look at the legendary weapons assuming what we know is true and the rewards for different achievements in this game they pretty much all are the same. Its all working for vanity gear basically and this is my biggest issue so far.

I want there to be a reason to work for this other then just looking cool and I want to have to work for it. I want to run around in my armor and know that most people don’t have that because they won’t put in the time or effort. All the people on here complaining about the state of dungeons after the patch are exactly those people. The idea of a dungeon isn’t to give you something for free its to make you work for it and a properly designed dungeon will do that. If everything is designed properly it should be so challenging that when you finally get to your goal you actually feel a sense of achievement. Not to try to create a flame fest but that is exactly what made World of Warcraft so good through Sunwell Plateau was that it was hard and you had to work for it.

Give players something that makes it worth working for and then make them work for it.

Posted by: Eve.1029

Eve.1029

The exp nerf: the nerf for repeat runs is just way too extreme. it was a nice way to help friends get some lvls, for those of us who don’t want to mindlessly zerg around event chains. Why make dungeons way slower to level compared to events? the reward for time spent is too unequal. Stop forcing people to play a certain way.

The silver nerf: I thought gw2 was a casual friendly game? the repair cost of an average pug group is going to be more than what they get out of the dungeon. Lvl 80 guildies will have less incentive to lend a helping hand to new guildies hitting lvl 70. After all, maybe we’re willing to do slower runs to help them out, but losing money to do it will deter most people. You can’t just severely KILL off dungeon rewards w/o considering the overall picture. Events and/or just gathering will give much better rewards.

I understand Anet dont’ want people just to run easy dungeons to full lvl 80 gear. Maybe they can slightly decrease the rewards. Or make the last parts harder but give substantially better rewards for later parts of the dungeon to match the effort we put in. at this rate, dungeon are a sub-par part of the game, and will get sub-par attention from players who get sub-par rewards. Waste of content… Instead I would like to see all the paths fixed so that 1. all paths are equally Doable or 2. the more difficult paths give better rewards to match difficulty. Give players back their silver rewards so pugs aren’t punished for not being elitists – fearful of playing w/ people they don’t know in case of too many wipes. Give players back their exp or make it 80% on repeat so that the time they spent in there gives comparable exp to how much exp they would get from events.

Posted by: InThreeDee.4576

InThreeDee.4576

3/10

the new patch makes you grind dungeons even more. while yes,they will take more time. they nerfed CoF 2nd Route Tokens by 5. meaning people will have to run more of that dungeon to get the gift or dungeon set.

there is reward for doing a easy route to a so called “difficult”. you get the same amount of tokens and xp. the dungeons feel like they were made to farm.

Posted by: Haaggis.8507

Haaggis.8507

1/10 CM Story mode pre patch was nice, 30 minutes got yourself some sweet XP and it wasn’t too difficult.

Tried CM exp mode today after the patch died 40+ times, stopped repairing due to the cost of it and we didnt get to the 3rd boss.

The dungeon patch is absolutely horrible in my opinion.

Posted by: Trakarg.2095

Trakarg.2095

0/10. The changes made are diametrically opposed to the reasons stated for making such changes. They literally contradict each other.

Posted by: Viper.3710

Viper.3710

Ive only played the dungeons a few times, the first time is was alright and I figured id do it again. I did the dungeon again after the patch and it was alot harder with no rewards. I was getting worse rewards then i would get from normal mobs. The rewards for spending so much time dying and just trying to survive the dungeon were garbage. Dont really feel like trying one again. I dont play that much so ill never even bother to try to grind for the gear, and other then that they seem pointless. they are not any fun, thats for sure.

Posted by: Stigma.7869

Stigma.7869

CoF needed to be fixed, but the systematic dungeon reward nerf and diminishing returns system is unjust. if i want to spend a whole day grinding a dungeon I want the ability to and not be punished for it.

When you look into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you.

Posted by: Serin.3917

Serin.3917

7/10
People who don’t get easy speed runs for gear that was designed as the ‘grind’ for cosmetics now come out of the woodwork. They were meant to be exclusive for a reason, and that was to get organized groups to do them and be rewarded for completing ‘harder’ content. Oh well, can’t satisfy everyone.

Posted by: Cromx.3941

Cromx.3941

1/10

They make the dungeons a pain to do….they took all the enjoyment out of playing. Thats all there is…without the “fun” no players…no money for your precious gem store, no one to buy your xpacs.

All I wanted was fun gameplay. GW1 was hard in someways but the gameplay was fun.

Posted by: Dajman.2740

Dajman.2740

3/10

It shows that they are aware of issues but they are putting a bandaid on a bullet wound with this “fix”

Issue is simply that it is to easy. Who doesn’t love fighting boss after boss? Problem is that the bosses are just beefed up trash mobs. No trinity will lead to an issue like this but there are ways to fix it.

Posted by: Aesalon.5402

Aesalon.5402

0/10

Poor implementation, no communication or explanation prior to being implemented, frustratingly buggy, no problems solved experienced by the player base (which should be a priority with any changes), no corellation of rewards, and poor solution design. The challenge wasn’t increased, just the frustration. True use of character skills or player intellect should be the nature of the challenge, not simply increasing buffs or trashy mobs.

Posted by: Pony.3256

Pony.3256

0/10
This update is major bullkitten!

Posted by: anubis.4870

anubis.4870

0/10
The only reason people are doing certain paths or certain dungeons is that 80% of the paths are bugged and broken… then the other 20% are near impossible, and don’t even think about making a pug.

Posted by: Y u mad its vydia.6324

Y u mad its vydia.6324

If you’re spending 2-4 hours in a single dungeon you’re a lot more going on than a horrible player. Even back in beta when Arah was hard as kitten people got to the end in 2h tops. Are you seriously, seriously whining about any dungeon taking 2-4h? Take a break.

ITT people butchering the grading system with opinion

Malaakh. [EU] Desolation.

Posted by: Drakken.3427

Drakken.3427

Farming Diablo 3 (based on rewards vs time invested) = 1/10

Farming Post-patched Dungeons (based on rewards vs time invested) = Worse than Diablo 3

Posted by: Xodius.3261

Xodius.3261

1/10

its not fun, mechanics are just bad. no tanks no healers stun locks, unavoidable deaths, agro goes crazy, unlimited skills for mobs, its like someone with no experience on pve made this patch

Xodius.3261

side note: if its going to be this hard, at least compensate the rewards, please show some logic anet. There is no sense of reward in your game ATM

Posted by: MrLee.6892

MrLee.6892

1/10
more risk with less reward.
I understand some of the CoF buffs but have you guys even tested these changes? Some of them are buggy as kitten!!!

And how is spending 3 hours in a dungeon and getting only 5 silver out of it rewarding? And if I want to keep doing that dungeon for the a piece of armor I have to do it MANY times, but according to the latest patch you don’t want us doing that?
WHAT
?

Man I was really hoping ArenaNet listened to its players but its starting to seem like you really don’t give akitten!

Xodius.3261

ok lets sepparate 2 things ONE THING IS HARD.

And what anet just gave us is NOT HARD:
its ANNOYING,
its FRUSTRATION,
its UNENJOYABLE,

i careless about how much time i spend obtaning tokens xp or the likes,
but how i obtain that is what matters, and the mechanics of getting
feared chainned by 4-5 dogs in a row and die because its UNAVOIDABLE
is outrageous.

i so sad to see a company that had such a sucssefull launch fark up a game with their
ego and un preparation,

ANET DUDE srsly u made lots of $$$ ? ok want to keep doing that?

get PTR SERVERS DOOD they are meant to do things the right way. Invest and never stop investing, or eventually your proclaimed regcognition will fade in time.