zerk meta, viability of a class

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Painbow.6059

Painbow.6059

And the expectation that a pug can 1 bucket burn dredge boss? Seriously how often does that happen? Maybe 1 in 10 runs? that is too high expectation on a pug.

I’m doing it 9 times out of 10 runs (when we roll the dredge facility obviously) in pugs (meaning i’m alone, with no buddies/guildies/friends in the party). Asking for meta party and gear checking. Works well. I even teach that to whoever want to learn it.

It all comes down to personnal experience, so we could go on this topic for hours, that won’t be usefull

So you going to teach every pug you do? Kind of pointless. Did every pug you do run fractal in 30-40 minutes?

Average pug do it in 40-50 mintues anyway.

Average is 40 minutes, with the worst case being 55/1 hour. Strangely, i got my worst run times with guildies, but mostly because we’re running around like headless chickens doing kitten. And yes, if they’re listening and up to learn something new (for them), i’ll teach them. If it doesn’t work first try, the second always works. It’s not pointless, since it helps improving the global skill level (and it’s good for everyone).

Fractal pretty much become the new cof path 1. Anyone still doing it is usually quite experience.

Many people(guidie) play together for the social experience. They are not actually your experienced fractal player.

Elitism is actually quite annoying. I don’t mind elitist player which is good blaming people. Like someone says “oh why don’t you put your ice bow near me”.

But the elitist player who blame other people for their own death is really annoying. “Oh I die because you didn’t aegis or condition removal for me”. That is one of the most annoying thing I ever heard. You can pretty much do fractal solo or duo. How is your own death have anything to do with other people.

While I agree with you to an extent, examples can include guardian not using aegis when channeling icebow 5 as the imbued shaman unbubbles. No reflects from guard on end of harpy boss, no blinds from engi/thief ect. It’s not necessary but when you invite someone of a certain class into the party you expect them to know their class mechanics, and rely on them to a certain extent, otherwise why have them in the party to begin with, just duo and then sell more slots for gold

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

And the expectation that a pug can 1 bucket burn dredge boss? Seriously how often does that happen? Maybe 1 in 10 runs? that is too high expectation on a pug.

I’m doing it 9 times out of 10 runs (when we roll the dredge facility obviously) in pugs (meaning i’m alone, with no buddies/guildies/friends in the party). Asking for meta party and gear checking. Works well. I even teach that to whoever want to learn it.

It all comes down to personnal experience, so we could go on this topic for hours, that won’t be usefull

So you going to teach every pug you do? Kind of pointless. Did every pug you do run fractal in 30-40 minutes?

Average is 40 minutes, with the worst case being 55/1 hour. Strangely, i got my worst run times with guildies, but mostly because we’re running around like headless chickens doing kitten. And yes, if they’re listening and up to learn something new (for them), i’ll teach them. If it doesn’t work first try, the second always works. It’s not pointless, since it helps improving the global skill level (and it’s good for everyone).

Fractal pretty much become the new cof path 1. Anyone still doing it is usually quite experience.

Many people(guidie) play together for the social experience. They are not actually your experienced fractal player.

Elitism is actually quite annoying. I don’t mind elitist player which is good blaming people. Like someone says “oh why don’t you put your ice bow near me”.

But the elitist player who blame other people for their own death is really annoying. “Oh I die because you didn’t aegis or condition removal for me”. That is one of the most annoying thing I ever heard. You can pretty much do fractal solo or duo. How is your own death have anything to do with other people.

While I agree with you to an extent, examples can include guardian not using aegis when channeling icebow 5 as the imbued shaman unbubbles. No reflects from guard on end of harpy boss, no blinds from engi/thief ect. It’s not necessary but when you invite someone of a certain class into the party you expect them to know their class mechanics, and rely on them to a certain extent, otherwise why have them in the party to begin with, just duo and then sell more slots for gold

Obviously people have problem if they dont’ do what they suppose to do. That I agree.

I’m just saying people can talk **** about meta, they can trait for meta. And they may think they are some freaking elitist who is really just a terrible skilled player, who die to every single attack.

And I understand every class is different. But the combat system in GW2 is designed to be self sufficient, so all class have the capability to do different things, just to a different extend.

Take for example, why are warrior’s even asking guardian for condition removal. If I knew a fight require condition removal, I’ll bring condition removal. It doesn’t matter what class I play. For warrior, I just slap a warhorn, and trait for it.

Who in the right mind fight mai trin without condition removal. Unless that person is actually good and block everything. And if you are a warrior asking a guardian for condition removal “in a pug”. I’ll actually question your common sense.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Uhm.

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Lol.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: Keksmuffin.1450

Keksmuffin.1450

Obviously people have problem if they dont’ do what they suppose to do. That I agree.

I’m just saying people can talk **** about meta, they can trait for meta. And they may think they are some freaking elitist who is really just a terrible skilled player, who die to every single attack.

And I understand every class is different. But the combat system in GW2 is designed to be self sufficient, so all class have the capability to do different things, just to a different extend.

Take for example, why are warrior’s even asking guardian for condition removal. If I knew a fight require condition removal, I’ll bring condition removal. It doesn’t matter what class I play. For warrior, I just slap a warhorn, and trait for it.

Who in the right mind fight mai trin without condition removal. Unless that person is actually good and block everything. And if you are a warrior asking a guardian for condition removal “in a pug”. I’ll actually question your common sense.

Well or the guardian could just do his job and use the convinient cleanses that he got for his team like you should in a 5 man party so that the others don’t have to run obscure utilties/traits? Why would you even bring a guardian in the first place if he’s too selfish to use his cooldowns for his teammates?

Bullet Punch

laokoko.7403

Well or the guardian could just do his job and use the convinient cleanses that he got for his team like you should in a 5 man party so that the others don’t have to run obscure utilties/traits? Why would you even bring a guardian in the first place if he’s too selfish to use his cooldowns for his teammates?

I obviously do remove condition for my teamates, I already said, I’ll always bring condition removal regardless the class I play.

People also need to understand skills have cooldown. smite only remove 1 condition and have a cooldown of 20 second. purging flame though remove 3 have a cooldown of 28 second. No one use torch anyway. If your teamates is that bad. You are better using focus so you can rez them.

Just yesterday, someone asked why I don’t cast wall of reflection in the first phase of legendary imbued shaman.

If everyone can run dungeon fast just by having meta. They’ll be doing dungeon at meta time. That is very unrealistic for pug anyway.

I guess I better shutup and stop looking like a noob. Either everyone on the forum is so pro, or their pug teamates is always so pro.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

The more I PUG the more I agree witih laokoko on this. Relying on a random person leads to disappointment no matter the profession. Best to bring everything you need for yourself. Been dead too many times because I assumed the guard/mesmer/thief/ele would do what they’re “supposed to.”

Iris Ng.9845

The more I PUG the more I agree witih laokoko on this. Relying on a random person leads to disappointment no matter the profession. Best to bring everything you need for yourself. Been dead too many times because I assumed the guard/mesmer/thief/ele would do what they’re “supposed to.”

But don’t we talk about why we bring guard to a “zerker meta” group in the first place? For max deepz? Oh the irony.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Umm…

wot?

Posted by: IllegalChocolate.6938

IllegalChocolate.6938

laokoko you seem to misunderstand in regards to mai trin. Its not about “being so pro that you can do mai trin even solo without condition removal”, its that the biggest liability ever when it comes to mai trin is your teamates not cooperating with you. If your team does not cooperate, you let them die and don’t help them because doing mai trin solo can actually be a lot faster as in like 30000 times faster if the person who understands the fight handles her solo.

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

For me the only reason for the ranger hate is and have always been their bad habit to use their knockback. And, I can say without any shame that the only player I’ve kicked in these 3 years of GW2 is a ranger to whom we specifically said not to use this skill at least 3 time in a row.

Outside of this peculiar skill, I’ve got nothing against the ranger. Maybe math say that they are suboptimal but they still got fire field and waterfield almost on demand. They still have unique buff for the party (frost spirit and spotter). And they still have a variety of usefull finisher. There is nothing more to ask.

A ranger can bring whatever’s needed in a party. A good ranger do not hinder it’s party with unnecessary hard CC. Sadly a bad ranger (and it’s the common ranger) will use unnecessary CC on cool down, breaking the team effort.

The worst ennemy of the ranger ain’t another profession, it’s himself. Point blank shot is why they are kicked 9 time out of 10.

NB.: If you look at the Necro, it’s sad but what he lack is the bare minimum usefull support that is needed in party. Reliable blast, reliable finisher or even simply, the ability to share a boon. A necromancer is just the guy that’s supported by it’s teammate, he does it’s average dps but that’s all.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

(edited by Dadnir.5038)

laokoko.7403

laokoko you seem to misunderstand in regards to mai trin. Its not about “being so pro that you can do mai trin even solo without condition removal”, its that the biggest liability ever when it comes to mai trin is your teamates not cooperating with you. If your team does not cooperate, you let them die and don’t help them because doing mai trin solo can actually be a lot faster as in like 30000 times faster if the person who understands the fight handles her solo.

Ok, I’ll try to get better at the game. I’m probably too casual and have no place to talk on this forum.

I understand why everyone laugh at me, seeing how many of the people on the forums are really pro, and they have youtube videos to back them up.

I learned a valuable lesson and will try to take people’s advice and get better at the game.

Jerus.4350

But don’t we talk about why we bring guard to a “zerker meta” group in the first place? For max deepz? Oh the irony.

:D

It’s funny, in PUGs I see a demand for meta compositions, then they’re played poorly. Yesterday’s Arah runs were an excellent example of what I was talking about though. Thief is a second too slow on SR after Ooze, no biggy, we keep going with the elites, thief gets us stealthed before the elites catch up before the run, we’re good, we make it… or well 4/5 of us. The Ele bites it, all while he’s complaining about the thief. So he’s close enough and we stealth rez, he eats it again, at this point I’m laughing. But anyways we get through tar, to Lupi, and mesmer goes in to push, but he ends up pushing him tot he center of the room so I assume as he hadn’t said he was going to push that he’s meaning to do in the open, we go in everyone dies instantly in phase 2 but me, and I suck at Lupi so I do right before phase 3 >.<. Go again, this time tells us he wants to wall, we do it, mesmer screws up, ohh well, we’re about phase 3 and we keep going. At this point Ele dies again, and begins to tell people how Lupi works and not to push him around and all that jazz… while he’s on his back. Granted Lupi can be a pain when people do him “wrong” but lessons from your back just seems odd to me, I’m used to learning from guys who solo things after I die, not that die before me. Anyways me and I think the warrior end up finishing lupi and rest of the path went smooth. But it was funny, and a great example of “before you talk, defend yourself”

But, then the p2 run… wowza, what a doozy, we go from alphard to that safe corner by the boat, and we’re sitting there waiting for thief to catch up… and he runs up the boat! a thief… the boat… thief… boat, umm… what? I had gone warrior to fill that role and I NEVER play warrior so I screwed up skip, luckily mesmer got it and portalled us, but what an unexpected twist. Never know what a PUG will bring even if they are “meta” (and I should probably practice warrior :*( though I thought I had it but got a long range shot from a deadeye I thought I was safe from :/)

Anyways, just fun examples of why my belief is that in PUGs be prepared to solo.

Iris Ng.9845

I almost never play warrior in a pug. Got condis and ask for cleanse? -“Dude, swap out for Shake It Off and cleanse yourself.” For real? How?

P.S. Every time I see a missing support, one banner is removed from my utility bar and if I cant even keep banner of discipline, I’ll swap to my condi engi and people can stack might themselve. Me dun care.

(edited by Iris Ng.9845)

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Ok, I’ll try to get better at the game. I’m probably too casual and have no place to talk on this forum.

I understand why everyone laugh at me, seeing how many of the people on the forums are really pro, and they have youtube videos to back them up.

I learned a valuable lesson and will try to take people’s advice and get better at the game.

Don’t worry. I do the same thing. I usually make sure I bring what’s important to a dungeon to make sure it goes well. I don’t play the same way when I pug than when I play with my friends.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Avster.1935

Avster.1935

Oh man, OP – the party you had is not a representative of the skilled player base of GW2. They sound like those folks go just go to metabattle to get their build, and doesn’t know how to properly play their class or know the mechanics of the fight properly. Yes, even at Fractal 50, some pugs can be horrible (like how did they even get their? I’m betting 100% they got carried) and at times they get so used to “cheesing” the run, that they can’t even HOLD ON THEIR OWN if things go south. Like seriously, if you can’t handle yourself when cheesing doesn’t work. You. Are. A. Bad. Player. It annoys me when subpar players are running F50 and then blame others for their lack of skill if things go south.

You playing a Ranger is not a problem. Ranger (LB & S/A) with Spotter & Frost Spirit is a great combination. I have two 70+ AR characters that I use, Ranger & Elementalist (bringing up my Guardian soon) and like your example of the shaman fight, I had a run where my entire kittening party wiped and I solo’d the last 20% as a Ranger at F50. Lo behold, the entire party was praising me like no tomorrow, while lying dead on the floor. The irony. Also sometimes when they complain about “lack of dps” you can bet your bottom that they are not running proper dps builds or berserker gear.

What I’m trying to say is, a profession is not the problem. The players are. Hence most of the time, I at least run with 1-2 friends, people I can rely on. Good players who knows how to play their class, and not outright die with Archdiviner raises his hand to do his AoE Agony attack…

On a side note: This is a personal preference of mine but, I don’t find value in having two rangers in a party because there is no point in double spiriting / spotter. One ranger is good enough So if I’m ranger and a pug joins as a ranger, I swap to ele, and pray to god that the pug-ranger is as good as experienced as me :P

The discrimination against Rangers are far less now, in fact, Rangers are higher on the damage scale than Thieves. Necromancers however, still reign in last place

Evelyn Whitehawk | Exalted Legend | Demons’s Demise | I Transmuted My Legendary Medium Coat

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

The discrimination against Rangers are far less now, in fact, Rangers are higher on the damage scale than Thieves.

eh?

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

The discrimination against Rangers are far less now, in fact, Rangers are higher on the damage scale than Thieves.

eh?

Not sure about that, but that statement is probably not that far from the truth. Thieves used to be number one, but only against single target, while ranger used to be 4th.

The specialisation update didn’t improve much the thief’s DPS, removing a lot of it’s damage modifier. On the other end, ranger now have a powerful condition build. Even if thief still have more dps than the ranger, the gap between them is certainly very close now. (Not sure about the actual numbers. Ranger could be on top, I’m not totally sure).

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

Ranger has a little bit lower DPS, but brings frost spirit and spotter to buff the entire party.
When you don’t need stealth for skips, its more efficient to take a ranger

deSade.9437

Eh, heh. Rangers lost a dmg modifier too. Their opening burst is good, but then their dps drops (if you’re zerk) as the fight goes on. If, say, the fight is 2-4 secs? You’re good. You’re not gonna miss out.Thieves still get more damage modifiers while the health goes down, and have more stats – also rangers got hit with the nerfhammer on precision. Same kitten as always, just like with guard/mes – take it if you wish, it’s not gonna change a lot, but thieves have x and y and z that rangers don’t have.

And be realistic there, you may be (nearly) on top of the food chain when everything goes great, but you have a pet that doesn’t scale with jackkitten of what you do, is a dps loss at lupi in p3 (at least that doesn’t happen in a full party), doesn’t do damage vs some bosses, doesn’t scale with potions, cannot withstand the assault of bosses like Archie (talking about kitties); your reflect roots you in place and has pathetic duration(and the entire party kills you when they run around you and don’t stay IN the reflect); they completely devastated healing spring because having a reliable condi removal isnt’ something a ranger should have [rambles for a few more pages]… Wanna talk about how your top dps weapon is.. what it is? I can’t be bothered.
Meh, at least you got condi now. But in some cases it’s not great because of the time required to start pumping out real damage and when the boss dies in 2 seconds – hopefully it’ll be strong at higher fractal levels.

inb4 they nerf burning scaling, traps and bonfire

I don’t even know why I still stick around and hope they’re gonna address problems that have been there since beta.

Posted by: Torqbow.2839

Torqbow.2839

For a game that lacks hardcore competitive PvE, there certainly is a lot of wannabe elitists out there. It’s pretty amusing.

bladex.9502

For a game that lacks hardcore competitive PvE, there certainly is a lot of wannabe elitists out there. It’s pretty amusing.

There is hardcore competitive PvE, just not on a large scale

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

The same could be said about the PvP in this game.

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

Jerus.4350

:D made me LOL… god I wish I liked the PVP in this game, but it’s kitten as far as I’m concerned.

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

I just find it funny how when there is a major pvp tournament twitch chat is full of 3000 backseat gamers who act like they are hardcore pvp bros who know their stuff, but there are only 30-50 top level pvp players in the entire game, so 99% of the pvp audience is tryhard wannabe elitists.

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

Iris Ng.9845

:D made me LOL… god I wish I liked the PVP in this game, but it’s kitten as far as I’m concerned.

If you watch AG stream weekly, 99% of the chatty audience are participants of the tourney that night. However, with the upcoming un-restriction of Latin America, I think more players are attracted to and coming back to the competitive scene. Do you know that many teams were disqualified in WTS or major invitational tourneys because they are not from China/US-Canada and Europe Union? It is basically like cutting one’s own limb when they try to expand spvp yet restrict players at the same time.

Anyhow, just look past over the salt and lemons, there are as many cool folks in PvP as in PvE. Also equal amount of jerks.

Jerus.4350

If you watch AG stream weekly, 99% of the chatty audience are participants of the tourney that night. However, with the upcoming un-restriction of Latin America, I think more players are attracted to and coming back to the competitive scene. Do you know that many teams were disqualified in WTS or major invitational tourneys because they are not from China/US-Canada and Europe Union? It is basically like cutting one’s own limb when they try to expand spvp yet restrict players at the same time.

Anyhow, just look past over the salt and lemons, there are as many cool folks in PvP as in PvE. Also equal amount of jerks.

Aye, don’t take my comment to be anything about the community, though I do enjoy seeing their inane comments thrown back at them. I think you know this, but I just can’t get myself to enjoy the PVP in this game, not gonna do another rant but ugh.

Posted by: Thebigadventure.9258

Thebigadventure.9258

The current meta doesnt allow rangers to join a “meta party”. I kinda see why but a lot of people underestimate rangers a lot. I know that we dont have a lot natural damage output but that doesnt mean we aren’t able to run dungeons fast.
I currently run a LB/SA on my ranger I use frost + spotter and run stalker and jaguar as pet. I like to run this build because it provides a lot of DPS and team support. However I always get kicked for playing a ranger and that isn’t in the current PS war, guard, thief, and 2 staff ele team.
I get that you dont want a ranger in your party who knockbacks the boss or play with signet of stone and a bear. What I would like to see from you guys is that you give rangers with a proper build a chance in the current meta I hope this isnt to much to ask.

Just Ranger Things…… LVL 80 Asura Ranger (druid)

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

The current meta doesnt allow rangers to join a “meta party”. I kinda see why but a lot of people underestimate rangers a lot. I know that we dont have a lot natural damage output but that doesnt mean we aren’t able to run dungeons fast.
I currently run a LB/SA on my ranger I use frost + spotter and run stalker and jaguar as pet. I like to run this build because it provides a lot of DPS and team support. However I always get kicked for playing a ranger and that isn’t in the current PS war, guard, thief, and 2 staff ele team.
I get that you dont want a ranger in your party who knockbacks the boss or play with signet of stone and a bear. What I would like to see from you guys is that you give rangers with a proper build a chance in the current meta I hope this isnt to much to ask.

It just happens to be a lot easier to kick all of them than to try and weed out the good ones. And besides it’s rather pointless to rant here about ranger usability since most folks on these forums actually know what each class can do/offer. (At least I hope they do.)

bladex.9502

A well played ranger can easily replace a class within the meta comp, and you most likely won’t notice the difference at all, its even better in some places.
For instance, in a dungeon where there is no need for stealth skip, using a ranger instead of a thief will increase the overall DPS of the party.

The problem is that 95% of ranger players just camp longbow, and they create their own reputation that many players hate, and then complain that people hate rangers.
If I run with guildies or friends I wouldn’t give a kitten about them taking ranger instead of a “meta” class, I would even prefer it because spotter makes my own damage numbers higher hue.
But in a pug, I honestly would rather play it safe and ask for “meta” classes, because a bad ele does more damage than a bad ranger

deSade.9437

Yeah, I keep telling everyone they shouldn’t camp lb and do a proper rotation with sb – and that they should keep swapping pets so that both pig and boar use their ccs on cooldown for all dem juicy ccs.. but nobody listens to me! Gah, bearbows so frustrating X.X

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

But in a pug, I honestly would rather play it safe and ask for “meta” classes, because a bad ele does more damage than a bad ranger

Depends on how bad that ele is…if they spend more time down than up, that damage they are supposed to be to great at giving is almost nothing (with the exception of the lava font they drop sometimes if they took the right trait). Terrible ele are never a good addition to a PUG group, squishy almost always dropping…I’d rather have the ranger than that mess.

bladex.9502

Depends on how bad that ele is…if they spend more time down than up, that damage they are supposed to be to great at giving is almost nothing (with the exception of the lava font they drop sometimes if they took the right trait). Terrible ele are never a good addition to a PUG group, squishy almost always dropping…I’d rather have the ranger than that mess.

A bad ele that is down all the time isn’t gonna hinder my ability to carry the team’s DPS, while a longbow ranger that constantly knocks bosses out of my AoE’s is.
But yeah, bad players are never a good addition to your team, its just that I find that ele on average attracts better players than ranger, but that is purely something personal and that doesn’t mean that there aren’t horrible eles, and good rangers

Posted by: Eponet.4829

Eponet.4829

Yeah, I keep telling everyone they shouldn’t camp lb and do a proper rotation with sb – and that they should keep swapping pets so that both pig and boar use their ccs on cooldown for all dem juicy ccs.. but nobody listens to me! Gah, bearbows so frustrating X.X

Bearbow is okay as long as they understand what they’re doing. The bear has a group CC removal if other people in the party aren’t able to handle that task, and with quickdraw, the longbow is not only a good ranged weapon, but a valuable addition to a melee rotation. Rapid Fire+Barrage+Rapid Fire is powerful regardless of range, and consumes the vast majority of the weapon swap cooldown, allowing you to switch out of it with few if any longbow autoattacks.

Posted by: Kaihlan.2361

Kaihlan.2361

Interesting topic, I can understand your pain. I love to play my Necro but I tend to use my warrior or guardian for dungeons/fractals. This since I have the feeling that I add more to the group when doing so. Not that I do not properly perform on my Necro but by warrior has banners/might stacking and my guardian has some nice utilities as well. This is something which I miss on my Necro. The new changes are positive, but for my feeling the Necro still lacks a bit. When joining groups I don’t really mind which classes other people are playing. This game is all about having fun so you should be free to use the class which you enjoy most. I am fine with this as long as they know their class and the mechanics of the dungeon/fractal. Doing so usually ends up in a smooth run. Sometimes you do have people who don’t know their class so well, or are new to the dungeon/fractal. This is all fine by me, as long as they are willing to listen to advice and don’t make the same mistake over and over again.

I haven’t spent a lot of time on fractals in the past and am currently working up the levels, I’m at 34 this moment (mostly pug’s). I know the mechanics but have no experience with lvl 40+. So far I had a lot of fun and received my first ascended armor chest and fractal weapon skin this weekend. Wohoo! It is fun to see how easy a lvl 20 run feels once you did a couple of lvl 30+ runs. I am looking forward to lvl 40+. But to get back on the subject I however did notice that it sometimes is very nice to have a specific group setup. This can make the run much easier. A small example, one run we had a lot of difficulties with the Grawl Shaman. We kept getting wiped when the grubs spawned and really could use a Guardian. After a couple of wipes I decided to switch from my Warrior to my Guardian. With wall of reflection and Shield of the Avenger up we managed to down the boss the first try. I don’t say that we couldn’t have do this without a Guardian, but in some cases it can make the difference. I therefor can understand why people prefer to have a specific group setup. Personally I don’t really feel comfortable when you join a group en the first thing you see in chat is, ping you gear. This kind of breaks the mood.

Posted by: Zeppelin.6832

Zeppelin.6832

Why bring a ranger when you can bring 2 elementalists?

deSade.9437

Because not all runs have to be tryharding? because someone in the party wants to play ranger?

SlyDevil.3952

Why bring a party when you can solo? Why solo when you can just pvp? Why play a game when you can play a board game? Why play dungeons and dragons when you can play monopoly, destroying friendships and burning all of your bridges behind you only to realize it’s already 5am and you have school the next morning and 3 group projects to complete together?

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Why bring a party when you can solo? Why solo when you can just pvp? Why play a game when you can play a board game? Why play dungeons and dragons when you can play monopoly, destroying friendships and burning all of your bridges behind you only to realize it’s already 5am and you have school the next morning and 3 group projects to complete together?

Attachments:

Posted by: EcoRI.9273

EcoRI.9273

CS:Go, Mobas, starcraft are the most competitive. I also find it amusing when pvpers in this game think they are good.

http://www.twitch.tv/eco_r_i
Wynd Cloud | Fierce N Licious

Iris Ng.9845

CS:Go, Mobas, starcraft are the most competitive. I also find it amusing when pvpers in this game think they are good.

Pls stop the joke. I don’t recall this guy as a PvPer.

laokoko.7403

GW2 pvp is actually really impressive. After all it is still a mmorpg. For a mmorpg to push their pvp game play this far is impressive.

I think for pve any game play push people to the limit is hardcore. Obviously other game got raiding. Hardcore pve in gw2 is probably either solo dungeon or pushing world record.

But I dont’ think there is anything wrong with being casual. I play this game casually, I don’t see anything wrong with it.

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Only competitive game in your list is starcraft.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

SlyDevil.3952

You do know DotA and LoL are mobas right?

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Ofc. Like one of my old friends, old-school Warcraft3 player said years ago, “That new Dota thing is a pathetic parody to real skill-based games, but kids gonna like it”.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

I’m a casual but efficient player. I don’t need a full zerk run, but my friends likes to so it gives me some heartache when they kick people cause they aren’t in perfect gearing. I do understand OP’s frustration namely because most of the elitist attitudes are not even comming from the top players, but just people who heard about the best way to play from a friend of theirs who read an article once. They know THE method, they don’t know how or why and could care less about it, they just know it brings sucess and end to their grindign misery. Deviation of THE method scares them and even if the incorrect sigil would waste 3 seconds on a boss burn if everyone in the party played perfectly it would not matter.

To the OP, the reason why rangers are hated on is because a bad ranger is a terrible ranger, and bad warrior is still a pretty good warrior. Unless you are part of some speed run guild, you can literally clear GW2 content in whatever spec you want.

[DONE]

Posted by: Kordash.2197

Kordash.2197

Ofc. Like one of my old friends, old-school Warcraft3 player said years ago, “That new Dota thing is a pathetic parody to real skill-based games, but kids gonna like it”.

I feel a lot of arogance here. Before you say i’m a white knight : i don’t like DotA, and no longer play LoL. But saying they are not competitive, is bullkitten. There is a lot of bad things in these games, but certainly not that.

Posted by: Zeppelin.6832

Zeppelin.6832

They pack arenas in professional LoL. I would say that’s competitive.