remove once a day chest limit on World Bosses

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Eggers.5608

Eggers.5608

With the world bosses, and dragons now having a time limit that will allow the event to fail, please remove the once a day chest limit on them. I’m okay with the chest that pops up in the lower right corner that always give you a yellow being once a day, but people remove it from the boss chest. On smaller severs like mine it makes so you can kill any of the bosses any other time then right after reset, everyone does them at that time only. If you really want people to do these events through out the day reward player who are willing to kill them more then once.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Zeru.1832

Zeru.1832

I agree, too often I have seen these events fail because people had already done them, and refuse to help do them a second time due to lack of incentive.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

That’d be great, I loved it when you could get a chest every time even when the chest wasn’t going to have anything in it but some grumblecakes and a blue.

But oh man, you think the qqing is bad about the champ trains…

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

The designers can’t keep solving every problem in the game by throwing more and more loot at things. It is not a good idea to put more and more end game players onto an endless world boss cycle, driven by external websites, with game ruled by spawn timers.

Suggest some ways to get notifications of events to more players so that a wider population can come to these events rather than just the same people again, and again, and again.

in Dynamic Events

rizzo.1079

Suggest some ways to get notifications of events to more players so that a wider population can come to these events rather than just the same people again, and again, and again.

gw2stuff.com

I had fun when I could spend a whole evening killing world bosses and get a chest(with crap loot 100% of the time) every time:)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Yamagawa.5941

Yamagawa.5941

Pass.

Remove the limit, and people will rotate between 3 world bosses with a fast reset, missing 90% of the world boss content.

//Portable Corpse

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Just remove the stupid timers .. now when there are 3-4 people at Jormag you know you don’t really have to begin with trying it. Without timer you can start and maybe even more people join after a while. That was simply much better in the past.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Just remove the stupid timers .. now when there are 3-4 people at Jormag you know you don’t really have to begin with trying it. Without timer you can start and maybe even more people join after a while. That was simply much better in the past.

I don’t mind failure conditions, but timers are just bad. As a resident on a marginal pop server, timers mean only select things get downed and only at select times. It used to be that people could respond to a call-out for help at temples and metas and enjoy the game. Now, people don’t bother unless they know there are going to be “enough” people to beat the timer on the metas, and people don’t advertise the temples because they’re more fun when not scaled up. Other servers’ mileage will of course vary.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

More zergs? How about anet promotes something more skillful than 111 spam?

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

No the possibility to make world Events even without a zerg. The timer make you need a zerg, without timer we could make Jormag even with 3-4 people.

And i you want something real skillfull, learn Piano and play Rachmaninoff :p

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

in Dynamic Events

rizzo.1079

I usually hit 2-0 also when killing a world boss, it makes for more fun gameplay and kills the boss faster. You should try it!

in Dynamic Events

haviz.1340

I usually hit 2-0 also when killing a world boss, it makes for more fun gameplay and kills the boss faster. You should try it!

Hitting a dummy is similarly engaging despite the amount of keys you press. Plus, half of people are doing exactly same thing meaning your own increase of dps practically doesn’t contribute as much as you’d like. You should try to guest on empty servers with a few friends and do those bosses with 5 people tops. That’s fun, not zerging.

in Dynamic Events

rizzo.1079

Hitting a dummy is similarly engaging despite the amount of keys you press. Plus, half of people are doing exactly same thing meaning your own increase of dps practically doesn’t contribute as much as you’d like. You should try to guest on empty servers with a few friends and do those bosses with 5 people tops. That’s fun, not zerging.

I’ve been doing the world bosses since before they gave decent rewards, heck I remember soloing Golem mk2 because nobody would bother with it. That was fun and so is killing it with a big group of people:)

in Dynamic Events

haviz.1340

I’ve been doing the world bosses since before they gave decent rewards, heck I remember soloing Golem mk2 because nobody would bother with it. That was fun and so is killing it with a big group of people:)

Every stationary boss like golem mk2 is as fun to kill as killing golems in the mists. Killing them with zerg is even more fun. Don’t take it personally but zerging dummies called “world bosses” is not my cup of tea. I honestly cannot grasp what is fun in using your skills on recharge while standing in safety and not reacting to anything the boss is doing. This is almost like playing typical mmo as an dps character except you can press alt-tab.

in Dynamic Events

rizzo.1079

Every stationary boss like golem mk2 is as fun to kill as killing golems in the mists. Killing them with zerg is even more fun. Don’t take it personally but zerging dummies called “world bosses” is not my cup of tea. I honestly cannot grasp what is fun in using your skills on recharge while standing in safety and not reacting to anything the boss is doing. This is almost like playing typical mmo as an dps character except you can press alt-tab.

Because it’s fun to kill a giant golem with a bunch of other people. I don’t know about playing a typical mmo, the last online game I played was a MUD.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Maybe like ulgoth and other mega bosses at champion level only, the big giant ones like behemoth, fire ele, wurm, and dragons, should give a champion steel chest with a champ bag for helping out a second or third time.

I sometimes farm Ulgoth all day after his once a day boss chest because he gives champ back and it makes the chain have 5 champs to kill instead of 4.

Speaking of Ulgoth meta event chain, I need to get my champ monthly done. Anyone want to do it over and over? My server is Tarnished Coast.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

No, we already have enough overflows… it was implemented for a reason.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

No, we already have enough overflows… it was implemented for a reason.

Actually, it was implemented for many good reasons.

The bonus chest is fine as it is, account bound 1 time per day. If you are farming dragonite or something like that, you can still switch toons and get the other chests where it drops.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF