1 Tier of Dailies= 1/5th the Experience

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: eXs.6210

eXs.6210

So I just started a new Mesmer… I know ANet said they “simplified” daily achievements by making only one tier of rewards… I didn’t want to complain before I really took a look at the entire situation… back in the day, with 5 tiers of rewards, you would get 5 times the experience… when I was leveling my characters before, I wouldn’t have much time to play on the weekdays, so I would log in, do my dailies and get pretty much a whole level guaranteed… now completing the dailies on my new Mesmer gives 1/5th the experience… I guess ANet keeps nerfing everything everything into the ground to sell more cash-shop items… they really gotta sell those exp boosters… if ANet wants to simplify achievements and only have one tier for them, then they should make that tier be worth 5 times the experience so overall, the rewards are the same… at this point, it seems like an experience nerf and a lie to their player base by ANet that masquerading as a “simplification” that’s done for our convenience… shame on you ANet…

eXs.6210

I mean it gave us a level daily just for completing the tasks… now we only get 1/5th of the exp by doing even more challenging tasks…

Posted by: Coffeebot.3921

Coffeebot.3921

1/5th is hardly the case, many of the dailies had 3 tiers, there were 4 dailies, that’s 12 hits of experience, currently there are 5 dailies with one tier so a total of 5 hits of experience.

(1-(5/12))x100 = 58.33% loss in experience from dailies.

It’s a loss, but maths over conjecture every day of the week.

Fornicate like you’ve never fornicated before.
I am anti-censorship, for it doesn’t make sense to pander to a minority.

eXs.6210

Hmmm you’re right, but what dailies had 3 tiers? Now that I think about it, I can only remember the daily events at 1, 3 and 5?

Posted by: Edge.4180

Edge.4180

The past few days I’ve been complaining about this in other threads. Prior to the patch there were multiple tiers for each category. For example, you received 3% of the XP required for your level for completing 1 event, 3 events, and 5 events. For kill variety there were 4 tiers, the rest had 3. That allowed players without a lot of time to advance more easily.

Now we just receive 3% of the XP required for our level just once per category. Completing the old daily used to award players with 42% of the XP required for their level. Now it’s down to 18%.

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

…you don’t realize just how simple it is to level, do you?

No, it’s not a cash grab. They introduced laurels that make dailies even more rewarding. Taking a hit on experience ( i think it’s a 45-50% decline, btw…not 80%) is more than fair when you are now able to gain exotic and ascended gear from normal or slightly changed gameplay.

If you need a leveling guide, here’s a decent one on the forums:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/players/Iove-s-Leveling-Guide-Tips-D

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

(edited by Vorch.2985)

Edge.4180

No, it’s not a cash grab. They introduced laurels that make dailies even more rewarding. Taking a hit on experience ( i think it’s a 45-50% decline, btw…not 80%) is more than fair when you are now able to gain exotic and ascended gear from normal or slightly changed gameplay.

I think you’re ignoring the fact that daily tasks now require more “work” than they used to.

First of all, in the past there were only 4 tasks to complete, where as now there are 5. More importantly, those four tasks meshed together very well. In the process of completing one aspect of the daily it was very easy to naturally complete another. Completing Daily Events, for example, could easily complete the Daily Kills requirement, and you were likely to finish Daily Gatherer in the process of finding those events. The flow was much more natural.

With the broader range of event types available now it can take much more time to complete the daily than it used to. I’m not saying the steps are hard (and they weren’t previously either), but they are much more time consuming now, and there are more tasks per day to complete. Without traveling to specific locations you are not likely to complete Daily Healer, Daily Aquatic Kills, and Daily Crafter in the same pass. So, nerfing the experience to add a reward of 1 laurel was not (in my opinion) really necessary as the amount of work/time required had increased and was more than enough to compensate for the additional laurel reward.

More importantly, the entire point of the Daily was to provide short achievable goals that gave equally achievable rewards, so players who didn’t have a lot of time to play could still hop on and feel like they got something done and were rewarded for it. That was more true with the old Daily (where you would earn rewards from the Daily for just completing a single event (and three, and five)) compared to the Daily now where you will only be rewarded after completing five events.

It’s more about turning away from the original point of the Daily than it is about the experience loss. However, I will point out that I managed to level one of my characters to level 80 completely through the old Daily achievements alone, so the complaints about the XP loss are certainly valid ones.

(edited by Edge.4180)

Posted by: Kaleden.9386

Kaleden.9386

Hey now, I spend most of my time in WvW and since the change I actually complete the dailies! Before the patch, it was rare that I’d actually get to complete them unless the week was dull or queues long and I spent some time in PvE.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I’ve been wondering about the lack of tiers. You used to get exp each time you completed a daily tier (ie. do 1 event, then 3 events. each one giving exp). Do you get the saame amount of exp doing the one tier as opposed to finishing the X (3 in terms of the event one) tiers from before?

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Chickenshoes.6250

Chickenshoes.6250

Because leveling is hard, right guys?

Boosters don’t give that much, and It’s only for kills anyway. Kills don’t give that much exp.

Eat food, chug potions and stop complaining. +20% experience from kills for as little as 5 COPPER. +25% with holiday food. Boosters are for suckers.

Farm events. They give ridiculous exp.
Get a group and use a killstreak booster if you’re really desperate. Roam the countryside killing all the mobs that haven’t been killed for their bonus exp. Swing by event areas on the way to get credit. Mad profit… Make sure you have big empty bags though, you can’t vendor (well) in the middle of a rampage.

This crud isn’t hard. It’s not.

(edited by Chickenshoes.6250)

Edge.4180

I’ve been wondering about the lack of tiers. You used to get exp each time you completed a daily tier (ie. do 1 event, then 3 events. each one giving exp). Do you get the saame amount of exp doing the one tier as opposed to finishing the X (3 in terms of the event one) tiers from before?

No. The extra XP has been removed.

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

new daily taking more time? you kidding right? sure normal kills and events and gather were easy, but the kill variety I often had to get out of my way to complete, where now most times i do them with normal play really (with a few exceptions true but it usually less out of my way than i needed for variety in the old one)

Posted by: Horrorscope.7632

Horrorscope.7632

I think you’re ignoring the fact that daily tasks now require more “work” than they used to.

Ehh, some are actually considerably quicker, some about the same and perhaps some a little longer. In general I wouldn’t say more work at all.

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

Here is a topic on the forums on how to do dailies as simply as possible. Hopefully it will help the OP.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Dailies-the-easy-way/first#post1372712

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Posted by: shockwave.1764

shockwave.1764

I guess ANet keeps nerfing everything everything into the ground to sell more cash-shop items… they really gotta sell those exp boosters…

jesus christ i hope you’re joking. it’s was probably just overlooked. I HIGHLY doubt arena net did this as some shameless money grab. kitten you will connect the furthest dots. Buck up and just level its easy as hell in this game anyway

Shóckwávé 80 Elementalist, Shawk 80 Guardian,
Aolbjorn 80 Engineer | Rank 29
Staunch Evon Supporter

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

They have been bait and switch since release. Why are you shocked now? Everything has been a bait and switch. Seriously, you either accept it and move on, or find another game company that has core values they can stick with.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Posted by: Poledo.3256

Poledo.3256

I wholly and completely disagree with your statement. I complete the daily without even noticing most days. It’s rare that I am about to log and off and realize I need to complete a part of it still.

Posted by: bluehair.9634

bluehair.9634

I prefer the new dailies. When I feel like doing them on one of my 80’s, I don’t have to go to a lower leveled area to get them done anymore, unless variety is part of that day. I miss the xp, but doing 2-3 more events evens it out.

Posted by: Clouded Judgement.7834

Clouded Judgement.7834

Why does this topic get recreated daily. I didn’t realise its part of the daily.

0/1 – Create a new thread titled ‘less experience from dailies’ despite the fact there are now 50 of them created the day before.

Yes we lose ~40% exp per daily. But you know what do a few more events and you will make up for it.

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

Why does this topic get recreated daily. I didn’t realise its part of the daily.

0/1 – Create a new thread titled ‘less experience from dailies’ despite the fact there are now 50 of them created the day before.

Yes we lose ~40% exp per daily. But you know what do a few more events and you will make up for it.

haha would be the most epic daily ever, would actually be hillarious if the devs made that as a daily at 1st april or something (being an aprils fool, so not really needed to get the daily reward :P)

Edge.4180

I wholly and completely disagree with your statement. I complete the daily without even noticing most days. It’s rare that I am about to log and off and realize I need to complete a part of it still.

I’m going to have to call nonsense on this one. The new Daily has all the same tasks that the old Daily did, many of them could be completed concurrently. The new Daily also adds in an additional task (5 tasks instead of 4). So how could the old Daily take longer or require more work?

The new Daily also inserts additional tasks that can potentially require more time because they require players to spend time doing things (or doing things in places) they might not normally do, such as killing veterans, scoring underwater kills, heading to town to craft, reviving people (you’re not working on any other elements of the daily while you’re crouched observing that revive bar, you know), etc.

To claim the new Daily is quicker/easier is simply wrong. People are just paying more attention to it now because a laurel is involved. I’ve done the Daily nearly every day since launch and could stamp out the old Daily in under 15 minutes.

(edited by Edge.4180)