Posted by: Waldir.2571

Waldir.2571

Yay?….

…………

100 % Critical Chance... wow!!!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Clearly this means we must nerf Warriors.

Posted by: CMstorm.8679

CMstorm.8679

well now all you gotta do is dodge, dip, duck, dive and DODGE!

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Since crits are now your regular attacks you have a 0.5% chance for a mega-crit for an added 50% damage of the regular crit. Mega-crit chance will be a new stat on the next gear and you can get it up to, you guessed it, 100%

:)

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Posted by: Dyno.9467

Dyno.9467

Welcome to GW2…….Patches O’Houlihan

“And now, to destroy you”

Asura – Desolation

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

Wow….. even your misses crit. CRITICAL MISS!!!

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

I love how fast a 100% Critical Chance + 5000 Atk Berserker Warriors dies in WvW 1 – 1!!!

/cheers

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

(edited by LHound.8964)

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

My Elementalist has 104% critical hit chance and about the same power. I die so quickly in any type of PvP mode, it’s not even funny.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

Posted by: Chessrook.8643

Chessrook.8643

Critical Fail actually. When that happens you trip and stab yourself in the eye.

No seriously, look up Critical Fail tables for D&D and the like. A really bad one and you fail so badly with a dagger swing you KILL YOURSELF.

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Critical Fail actually. When that happens you trip and stab yourself in the eye.

No seriously, look up Critical Fail tables for D&D and the like. A really bad one and you fail so badly with a dagger swing you KILL YOURSELF.

Double 0’s (on two 10 siders) after a fumble (1 on a 20 sider), seen some really gruesome results; funny as kitten, but still gruesome.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Is this really necessary?

P.S. We need a wrench dodging dungeon and the elitist speedclear crew of Globo Gym.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Posted by: Anthony.7219

Anthony.7219

Is this really necessary?

P.S. We need a wrench dodging dungeon and the elitist speedclear crew of Globo Gym.

They’re already decked out in purples.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Modern games need this stuff. It made D&D fun.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: sinzer.4018

sinzer.4018

102% crit chance? You need to drop your precision slightly as you’re wasting stats.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Modern games need this stuff. It made D&D fun.

Most gamers can’t handle failure. Or stat optimization for that matter. Most games that are sold as “RPGs” are little more than Action games with costumes.

If you want to play a real RPG, you still have to go back to pen and paper because games where you can fail don’t sell, and games that don’t sell don’t get made.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

Most gamers can’t handle failure. Or stat optimization for that matter. Most games that are sold as “RPGs” are little more than Action games with costumes.

If you want to play a real RPG, you still have to go back to pen and paper because games where you can fail don’t sell, and games that don’t sell don’t get made.

Yup.

The new generation of gamers have got to be by far the most spoiled and half brain dead zombies I have ever seen. Rewards are expected for doing tasks that require ZERO cognitive functions.

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

its easy to get a lot more crit chance (if you are or have the help of a warrior)

nothing new to see here

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Posted by: Mehrdad.8423

Mehrdad.8423

it was without Runes & sigil … so with them u can make 5000 attack.. and 125% crit damage… crit chance cant got higher than 100(its maximum and waste of stat) but at 100% crit chance/ 100 % crit damage.. its 2.5:P so auto attack near 12k(also u can do +125% crit damage):P
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Critical_hit

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

Should I roll a warrior too? My ele wouldn’t get the half of those stats in full berzerk.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock

Zacchary.6183

Yup.

The new generation of gamers have got to be by far the most spoiled and half brain dead zombies I have ever seen. Rewards are expected for doing tasks that require ZERO cognitive functions.

I know right? This is what happens when you give people what they want when they have no clue what they really want.

“Press my easy button for me, Anet!!! >:c”

Attachments:

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Seems like a typical warrior. Basically add together all the stats of the other 7 classes multiply by 10 and there is the base stats of warrior.

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

All characters at a same level should have the same amount of stat points, but distributed differently according to their class. That’s how i see balance.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock

CMstorm.8679

yeah lol. Critical miss results in you insta-killing yourself.
Critical Dodge!
Critical Rally!
Critical Heal!
Critical Stomp!
Critical Steal – results in siphoning your opponent’s crit % and crit damage and adds to your current crit ratio!

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

All characters at a same level should have the same amount of stat points, but distributed differently according to their class. That’s how i see balance.

Unfortunately Anet went with their own original balance scheme… which went something like this:

Split ranged and melee damage. Balance all classes to have similar damage output in those two categories.

Assign base health completely randomly
Assign armor values based on class.
Make gear, not class or role decide majority of stats over base.

Basically this meant that warriors ended up with the highest base health, the highest base armor, the highest mobolity, and due to balance issues the highest base damage of any class. This is seen as “acceptable” to Anet because they have limited utility I guess.

In “traditional” MMO’s, you generally have the stat trinity. Health, armor and damage output. They balance around something like a 10 point scale. You distribute those 10 points between the 3 categories to obtain balance. Each class then has an attribute/gear set so they linearly increase in power as you get better gear. This means it is fairly simple to maintain power/balance as the game evolves. Anet threw this out the window and decided to use rng to determine balance as far as I can tell.

Posted by: EvilSardine.9635

EvilSardine.9635

Basically this meant that warriors ended up with the highest base health, the highest base armor, the highest mobolity, and due to balance issues the highest base damage of any class. This is seen as “acceptable” to Anet because they have limited utility I guess.

Yep but keep in mind that warriors don’t get constant blinds, evades, protection, aegis, teleports, phantasms that deal massive damage, stealth, poison, etc. etc.

Other classes can outplay warriors like nothing.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

IMO, crit change above 50% is a waste, especially if you have Fury. =/

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Daywolf.2630

Daywolf.2630

Well yeah, stats adjust when in a group or crowd and buffs flying around. You just discovered 100% crit? You must have never played a stealth thief yet.

Zacchary.6183

Well yeah, stats adjust when in a group or crowd and buffs flying around. You just discovered 100% crit? You must have never played a stealth thief yet.

I don’t think you have either. 100% crit rate all of the time >> 100% for one attack.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Critical Steal – results in siphoning your opponent’s crit % and crit damage and adds to your current crit ratio!

No we already see enough whining about thieves as it is, that would just give them more excuses.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

IMO, crit change above 50% is a waste, especially if you have Fury. =/

No, crit chance above 95% w/fury is a waste because it caps at 95% (you will get non-crits even with 100% chance). Until then though, stack that precision.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Any class can get crit chance >95%. It’s just more viable to do so on some classes than others. Mesmers, warriors, guardians, thieves and Rangers all have it pretty good. This is under the assumption of a group setting.

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

Oh i would hate to crit miss . thats self damage .

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

Or when chewing Elthurien’s Wondrous Inflatable Gum of Chewing, a critical failure causes the player to bite his tongue in a most uncomfortable and painful manner.

A critical failure when blowing bubbles with said gum causes blindness when the bubble explodes violently in the players face

(edited by Elthurien.8356)

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Going all Assassins/Rampagers gear should allow this…. (sort of)

Going all Berserkers SHOULD NOT.

There’s your Critical Failure (anet)

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

funny how some think Warriors are OP.. especially in WvW. our guild wipes warrior centric guilds all the time. All that is left are the 20 warbanners that resurrected them for a split second, only for them to die immediately afterwards.

Posted by: Lanceor.2763

Lanceor.2763

Even 30 warriors with this build against a condition mesmer in WvW would result in the obliteration of the 30 lol warriors.

Jade Quarry

Posted by: Daywolf.2630

Daywolf.2630

I don’t think you have either. 100% crit rate all of the time >> 100% for one attack.

100% every third hit, and on a bonus hit, it comes really quick. Can keep it going maintaining initiative. No need for someone standing behind you providing buffs to get 100%. One attack? Yeah you haven’t played a stealth thief.

Zacchary.6183

100% every third hit, and on a bonus hit, it comes really quick. Can keep it going maintaining initiative. No need for someone standing behind you providing buffs to get 100%. One attack? Yeah you haven’t played a stealth thief.

I crit more per second with 40%+ crit rate than using the 100% crit rate trait.

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

I crit more per second with 40%+ crit rate than using the 100% crit rate trait.

This^ You’re better off using Executioner. Hidden killer is bad.

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: Osi.3504

Osi.3504

u can make 5000 attack too:D and more than this critical damage too:D

So how is your stats so high exactly? Care to go into detail?

My thief who dual weilds has around 4,400 power with 3 Orbs, 25 bloodlust, 100 AP food, Sharpeneing Stone, 5 guard killer stacks with 122% crit damage increase and probably only 73% crit chance or something along those lines.

You have 25%+ more crit than me and nearly 300 more power at the loss of 5% crit damage increase, do warriors get a ton of trait stat increases? also I assume you were using the +200 power food when taking the picture?

colesy.8490

Empower allies, banner of strength, 25 might stacks.

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

everyone reroll norn now!
210% crit chance with snow leopard, op!

lol.. do you really need to be more certain than a “certainly” ?

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: Chessrook.8643

Chessrook.8643

Or when chewing Elthurien’s Wondrous Inflatable Gum of Chewing, a critical failure causes the player to bite his tongue in a most uncomfortable and painful manner.

A critical failure when blowing bubbles with said gum causes blindness when the bubble explodes violently in the players face

Can remove gum from eyes to remove blindness in 1d4 rounds. Can clean off gum from head in 1d4 hours. 1d4 days if character has long hair.

Posted by: Mehrdad.8423

Mehrdad.8423

u forget my point… i trying to say.. now every class can made 100% crit chance and 100% crit damage… for ex: in cof with 1xwar/2 x guard(if they know what to do).. u get banners/mights. so boss down in sec:D

the point is Every class can do it.
Before it was impossible:D now with those stat are possible:D

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

What’s funny is, while in wvw or pvp, this would be a “noob” build, in PvE, this is teh “pro” build.

colesy.8490

I’m not sure why it’s funny or why you put pro in inverted commas.

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

u can make 5000 attack too:D and more than this critical damage too:D

So how is your stats so high exactly? Care to go into detail?

My thief who dual weilds has around 4,400 power with 3 Orbs, 25 bloodlust, 100 AP food, Sharpeneing Stone, 5 guard killer stacks with 122% crit damage increase and probably only 73% crit chance or something along those lines.

You have 25%+ more crit than me and nearly 300 more power at the loss of 5% crit damage increase, do warriors get a ton of trait stat increases? also I assume you were using the +200 power food when taking the picture?

He could also be being buffed by a guild claimed keep…

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Posted by: AtoBoss.2906

AtoBoss.2906

full zerker, fury, Bowl of Curry Butternut Squash Soup. 100%+ crit… whats so special?

Holycowow

CMstorm.8679

everyone reroll norn now!
210% crit chance with snow leopard, op!

go home