2 accounts 2 different loot experiences

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

This is a perfect example of what the person you quoted was referring to.

I call ’em as I see ’em.

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

I call ’em as I see ’em.

So do I. That’s why I made a preemptive note about it. It’s fun to see things come to fruition.

Serenity now~Insanity later

tolunart.2095

I wonder what theories these people conjure if they play a game of dice.

“No, it’s not fair, I’m from the 90’s and gravity works different on 90’s kids, therefore my changes of throwing sixes are lower. I have a friend from the 90’s who has the same experiences and his dad is from the 60’s and he always throws six. No you can’t disprove it, and it’s in the realm of possibilities, therefore I’m right.”

I used to play tabletop RPGs, D&D, Shadowrun, Vampire, etc. and people have even worse superstitions about their dice. Some only used specific dice for specific rolls because “this one rolls high, that one rolls low” and so on. It never works out when you ask them to prove it, but they won’t give up their beliefs.

I argued up down and sideways with someone once about character stat generation. He claimed he “always” gets bad rolls for character stats and wanted to assign points instead. I had him roll ten characters’ stats and they were perfectly normal and expected numbers, nothing too awesome nothing totally useless. He claimed that the rolls were good because they didn’t count, if he was really rolling up a character he would get bad rolls.

That’s all that’s happening here, which is why no one can actually post evidence that what they say is true. Whenever you get someone to actually try to demonstrate his fantastic/awful luck, they can’t do it.

(edited by tolunart.2095)

tolunart.2095

I call ’em as I see ’em.

So do I. That’s why I made a preemptive note about it. It’s fun to see things come to fruition.

Were you under the impression that your comment would surprise me?

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Its already confirmed that luck-Accounts exist!

I know someone (under 5k total hours played) who got 30+ precursors from >> ONLY DROPS <<

If i would tell u how much Pres he got from the Mystic Toilet… u just wont belive it…

Even if that’s true, how exactly is that proof? Streaks can happen due to chance.

Wish I could get a streak. Across all my 7 80s, the most expensive drop I ever got was from, I think, was opening a wintersday bag that had an infinite tonic that sold for around 60gold at the time (might be worth more now since this was over a year ago). I occasionally get exotic drops but they tend to be generic ones. As a range, most exotics I get are no more than 3gold and hardly any of them have unique skins (because I’ll either use, salvage or MF unique skins…unless they are worth a lot but none have been).

Lol I don’t expect a streak to ever happen though. It seems rather insane though. I just chalk it up to RNG but I hear people getting these drops that will pretty much set them for gold for a long time and getting multiple drops like that in a streak? It seems unreal. I just tell myself 75% or more of those stories are false. It’s the only thing I can do to not turn rage toward drop rates.

As for the tin-foil hat enthusiasts, it kind of makes sense that older accounts might have some kind of variable in their identity that seems to lower drops. The way I see it, the game has changed drop table weights, included more drops and currencies, and so forth since the game began. What was good drops back in the olden days (the rares and exotics I tend to get) were weighed as more “important” back then but as more things get added in, these “important” drops are pushed toward more common. What the voices in my head tell me is, older long-time players might have actually run their streak months or years ago but that streak consisted of the “important” items of the day so now we’re seeing the other side of that streak we had.

Compared to the new accounts with a different weight on desireable important drops, their streak is far more lucrative than ours which may have consisted of decent rares and exotics when the game started. Once your streak runs its course, you’ll be lucky to get any well sought after item without just purchasing it with gold, which old players likely have. The new players might be in the same boat come a year from now, only ever getting “cheap” rares and exotics to our greens and blues

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

@ tolunart: You aren’t understanding how hard it is to gather evidence relating to this possible problem. Sorry you can’t understand…. Also this issue has nothing to do with rolling dice. Anet having a bug is much more likely than a dice being malformed or something to always roll a 1 or 6… There isn’t an outside variable with dice where the dice can be bugged.

(edited by Andraus.3874)

Leo G.4501

I have only one account, and I can make it produce 2 different loot experiences.
One week I will do dungeons, farm materials, generally play like most people with bad luck describe their playtime on these forums. My drops decay to junk quickly and stay in that realm
The next week I will play my way, and almost instantly my loot will improve. Every time. and they do not degenerate.
Change the way you play. This game rewards diversity and limited repetitive actions.

Lol I always play how I want even when I ‘farm’ Silverwastes (it’s actually pretty fun). I consider it lucky when I get more than 2 Chili Peppers from an herb node in Ascalon…

Essence Snow.3194

I call ’em as I see ’em.

Were you under the impression that your comment would surprise me?

It evidently went over your head. No worries

tolunart.2095

I agree with you there… no worries.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

You aren’t understanding how hard it is to gather evidence relating to this possible problem. Sorry you can’t understand….

All I would like to see is him show evidence towards the claim in his opening post that one account gets better loot, while playing normally and roughly equally. It doesn’t have to be perfect or prove anything beyond that

He could start a thread and post on it every day.
Day one, old account A. Played X hours, did content Y. Got total # of each: masterwork, fine, rare, exotic, gold earned, etc.
Day two. New account B. Recorded loot over same amount of time as day one. Did same content as day one. Records all drops again.
Day three. Account A. Played X hours, did content Y. Records loot
Day four. Account B. Records loot drops over same amount of time and content as day 3.

Rinse and repeat over at least a month. Gives running totals of each accounts masterworks, fines, rares, exotics, gold earned, etc. on each day’s post.

It doesn’t need to be more than that to show if his claim that account B makes markedly more than account A is accurate or not. He doesn’t need to prove that RNG is working or not working on this, a rough first pass.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

tolunart.2095

@ tolunart: You aren’t understanding how hard it is to gather evidence relating to this possible problem. Sorry you can’t understand…. Also this issue has nothing to do with rolling dice. Anet having a bug is much more likely than a dice being malformed or something to always roll a 1 or 6… There isn’t an outside variable with dice where the dice can be bugged.

I disagree, but that’s okay. I don’t really care what you think about my capacity to understand things.

Essence Snow.3194

You aren’t understanding how hard it is to gather evidence relating to this possible problem. Sorry you can’t understand….

All I would like to see is him show evidence towards the claim in his opening post that one account gets better loot, while playing normally and roughly equally. It doesn’t have to be perfect or prove anything beyond that

Day one, old account A. Played X hours, did content Y. Got total # of each: masterwork, fine, rare, exotic, gold earned, etc.
Day two. New account B. Recorded loot over same amount of time as day one. Did same content as day one. Records all drops again.
Day four. Account B. Records loot drops over same amount of time and content as day 3.

Rinse and repeat over at least a month. Gives running totals of each accounts masterworks, fines, rares, exotics, gold earned, etc. on each day’s post.

It doesn’t need to be more than that to show if his claim that account B makes markedly more than account A is accurate or not. He doesn’t need to prove that RNG is working or not working on this, a rough first pass.

And then what? If I were to do all this, as soon as I posted it someone would quickly state that it’s irrelevant as it’s insufficient data. Then we’d be right back to where we are now except I’ve spent a lot of time doing something for basically no reason. That’s not really great incentive in my book.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Y’know, I appreciate the frustrations of those making the claims about unknown variables. If there were to be a comparison for the unluckiest account, I believe I would be in the running, if not a strong contender. However, I don’t really care.

Why? Assume fora moment that the OP is correct, and that ANet would fix the situation. The running assumption by the OP and his/her supporters seems to be that this would improve drops for the disadvantaged accounts. However, that assumption is based around the idea that better drops are the intended behavior. The flip side is that the lower drop rates are what’s intended. That’s what I believe.

Again, why? There are so very few extremely valuable items available in the game. Everything else, including exotics, drops often enough to be cheap. If you increase drop rates of exotics (the item the OP uses in the presenting complaint) in any substantial way, they will be about as common (and as valuable) as rares. In fact, the last time I looked, many exotics are already going for under a gold. The valuable ones (7G+) are priced that high only because of the rune.

And then what? If I were to do all this, as soon as I posted it someone would quickly state that it’s irrelevant as it’s insufficient data. Then we’d be right back to where we are now except I’ve spent a lot of time doing something for basically no reason. That’s not really great incentive in my book.

Convincing other posters is the booby prize here. The real prize would be convincing ANet. There have been posts here about other issues where hard numbers convinced ANet to take a look. Given their stance on the issue, those numbers are the only thing that’s going to convince them.

(edited by IndigoSundown.5419)

Just a flesh wound.3589

/shrug. It would prove your claim that one account makes a lot more than your other account. I would want to do that rather than make a claim like you did without any sort of proof at all, if it were me.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

/shrug. It would prove your claim that one account makes a lot more than your other account. I would want to do that rather than make a claim like you did without any sort of proof at all, if it were me.

If i had two separate accounts i would to this myself as well, that way i would have something to back up what i say too, regardless of what the forums think. Its ANETS attention you need to get, not the forum goers.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Essence Snow.3194

@ Indigo
For me an item I got as a drop holds more value than an item I bought off the tp, even when they are the same item. It’s part of playing an action/adventure mmo for me. I go out kill monsters and get stuff. The thrill of getting something as a drop goes a long way for me. Buying it off the tp?..not so much.

Ultimately a failsafe code for low side outliers like there are for other games would be fantastic. I realize however that’s rather complicated. In the meantime or instead…..a sign of good faith that’s shows they give a kitten about a lot of players’ concerns would be nice.

IndigoSundown.5419

@ Essence: unfortunately, that’s not the way this game provides loot; the entire design is based on selling salvage to get gold to buy the items from the random players who sell them. I feel your pain, but ANet set out to create an “everybody can get X” paradigm and the means they chose was via gold, not drops.

As for ANet showing a “sign of good faith,” even if they chose to do so, you wouldn’t know til it was almost in game due to the gag order.

Yes, I’m cynical about MMO’s in general and ANet in particular.

(edited by IndigoSundown.5419)

Dante.1763

I feel your pain, but ANet set out to create an “everybody can get X” paradigm and he means they chose was via gold, not drops.

Please when i can buy my sunless bow let me know…please…its all i want T.T if i could get that one thing id be so happy…

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Essence Snow.3194

Yeah I agree and unfortunately my expected reality is all these threads get deleted and I’ll be getting an infraction if not a ban from forums.

IndigoSundown.5419

I feel your pain, but ANet set out to create an “everybody can get X” paradigm and he means they chose was via gold, not drops.

Please when i can buy my sunless bow let me know…please…its all i want T.T if i could get that one thing id be so happy…

Teq’s Hoard was a token attempt to cater to the "rare loot via specific content’ crowd. I wish they were tradable, I would have sold mine.

Dante.1763

Teq’s Hoard was a token attempt to cater to the "rare loot via specific content’ crowd. I wish they were tradable, I would have sold mine.

I would have bought it in an instant. Ive done him every day basically aside from when i was taking a break from the game(Usually a month) which isnt often and still havent seen one or any ascended drop..its the sole reason i cant enjoy this game as much as i want to. I want that one item for my character..and i cant get it, because RNG is so kitten stupid. Hell there was someone in map chat who linked 6 of them…That made me happy. /sarcasm.

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Frankly I cant wait for the mods to close this thread. Or harness it for infinite energy because it’s a perpetual circle. Anet’s stated your account has kitten-all to do with RNG. Repeatedly. Tinfoil basement conspiracy theorists clamor otherwise saying “blablabla i see this blablabla this happens” all the while ignoring the blatantly obvious, no matter how many times it’s brought up. Simple solution: nuke the kittening argument every time it comes up if people refuse to understand simple logic.

Just a flesh wound.3589

I feel this thread should be locked on the grounds that it’s worthless.

When I was a fresh young forumite, a mere 2 years ago, I didn’t know I needed to be able to prove what I said. I would make some statement or other and get called out with, source? Proof? If I said I didn’t know, the the response was always, don’t post things you can’t prove or aren’t willing to prove!

So, OP has stated not only that one account gets better drops but is using this to call the RNG system into question, yet when asked to do some work to at least show that one account does get better loot when doing equivalent content over equivalent play, he refuses.

I’m sorry, but when someone makes a claim of this nature, it’s worthless without even minimal data supporting it and the OP should have done some work before he brought it to the forum.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

When I was a fresh young forumite, a mere 2 years ago, I didn’t know I needed to be able to prove what I said. I would make some statement or other and get called out with, source? Proof? If I said I didn’t know, the the response was always, don’t post things you can’t prove or aren’t willing to prove!

So, OP has stated not only that one account gets better drops but is using this to call the RNG system into question, yet when asked to do some work to at least show that one account does get better loot when doing equivalent content over equivalent play, he refuses.

I’m sorry, but when someone makes a claim of this nature, it’s worthless without even minimal data supporting it and the OP should have done some work before he brought it to the forum.

I get your point but that wouldn’t be different than linking this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQQqJo4LDoI and having you watch it then having me make a video where I throw in 20 exotic gs and get junk. You need more data than just 2 accounts to prove anything.

IndigoSundown.5419

I would have bought it in an instant. Ive done him every day basically aside from when i was taking a break from the game(Usually a month) which isnt often and still havent seen one or any ascended drop..its the sole reason i cant enjoy this game as much as i want to. I want that one item for my character..and i cant get it, because RNG is so kitten stupid. Hell there was someone in map chat who linked 6 of them…That made me happy. /sarcasm.

And your story reveals why ANet leaned heavily on rewards via incremental acquisition: dungeon tokens, Ascended/Legendary crafting and items bought in the TP. RNG has always elicited complaints from MMO players, even in games where the RNG is arguably friendlier to players than in GW2.

Thing is, neither incremental rewards nor RNG are going to please everyone. Someone is always going to prefer the other option.

Just a flesh wound.3589

I get your point but that wouldn’t be different than linking this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQQqJo4LDoI and having you watch it then having me make a video where I throw in 20 exotic gs and get junk. You need more data than just 2 accounts to prove anything.

If it was me and I had two accounts that I believed has markedly different loot in spite of being played at similar times of the day for similar content, I would have at least recorded my loot drops over a period of time for similar content for both accounts and posted it with my opening post.

I would not have come to the forum and said, I have two accounts. One gets better loot than the other. No, I have no records to show you. No, I won’t do any work to get these loot drop records. You’ll just have to trust me when I say it and when I say it shows something is wrong with the RNG in the game. If I did that, people would laugh in my face and I would deserve it.

I know that the loot drops of two accounts over a short period of time proves nothing. But if I was able to show that account A got drops worth a noticeable amount over account B and it wasn’t one windfall drop but a steady and consistent amount over account B’s drops, then there is something for people to discuss. Doing the necessary legwork would have either proven or disproven OP’s assertion of difference in loot drops to himself before he came and posted. For all we know, and for all he knows, it’s only confirmation bias.

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Essence Snow.3194

So I did a little tally of this thread.

27 individual posters (not including me) feel there is something to this
19 individual posters feel it’s possible but not necessarily happening
24 individual posters gave no distinction to the topic
13 individual posters feel there’s nothing to this

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

So if someone wants to post verifiable numbers instead of feelings and “this guy in my guild gets soooo many precursor drops” stories, the discussion can move forward. Evasions and protests that it’s too hard to come up with the numbers is just noise.

Sure, that i can definitely agree with. Especially since i have already seen some of such claims verified by devs where what someone said and what was really in game didn’t match. Sometimes by a lot.

Of course. However, at this point we don’t even know if what OP is said is true (and there have been cases in which Anet, after being given a bit more “data” checked it, and found the “data” given did not match reality at all). Not knowing what OP does on both accounts, and what the drops actually are, but knowing that OP is in fact a previously known RNG conspiracy theorist makes me think of this, as a default assumption, that OP is just suffering from confirmation bias.

TL/DR: Basically, while the hard data may indeed be insufficient to draw any conclusions, without it the whole OP post is completely worthless.

Edit:

19 individual posters feel it’s possible but not necessarily happening
24 individual posters gave no distinction to the topic
13 individual posters feel there’s nothing to this

Argumentum ad populum? Cute.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

I just want to add, I just have1 account , so I canot compare, but I had 1 precursor drop ,The Energizer, from a random dredge in dredgehaunt cliffs, I got the occasional rare now and then, sometimes an exotic nad 3 weeks ago I got 2 ascended Zojja chests with 2 days between drop…, No I’m just waiting for this to happen with 2 dusks in 3 days.

All other people tend to have more cash the I do, but I have 15 fully geared lvl 80’s 5 now with some or complete ascended armor, 12 with asceneded weapons, and 13 with complete trinket sets.

I decided not to make any additional gear for a while and got 350 ecto and 150+ gold fromsw farming in less then a week, And I only played 6-10 hours a week in SW since they announced the beta portals, most of the other time is spend either doing AC/dungeon runes or WvW.
I still buy food, I still buy things I need, but put the rest on hold for now. First need to se how the new trait system will affect gameplay. no vitality or toughness is great, but some builds will need to be tweaked, And I did buy a complete sinister trinket set from SW last week (5000 bandit crests, 50 gold)… Still working on my 4th set, still have a ranger really interested in losing his rampager trinkets.

In the end getting rich doesnt have to do with RNG, it has to do with not spending anything… Only pre’s and ascended boxes cann be seen as special IMHO, and I’ll be honest, I got 6 of the boxes, 1 precursor in 6.4k hours since launch.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Posted by: Skarpa.8203

Skarpa.8203

Although it sounds far fetched, this has happened before in another game. Check out Asheron’s Call and the Wi bug.

Posted by: Elrey.5472

Elrey.5472

Although it sounds far fetched, this has happened before in another game. Check out Asheron’s Call and the Wi bug.

http://asheron.wikia.com/wiki/Wi_Flag

Totally relevant because I did experienced this in many bosses of GW2. As example in the Husk champion of Silverwastes after the Vinewraith. If there’s 70 players killing that one but i’m the first one that goes and hits in my warrior and i’m always on melee, he keeps attacking me all the time. If I step back for 1 meter, then he attacks someone else. That’s ok, is not a problem, the question I ask myself is why if there is always 70 different players, he attacks specifically me? It doesn’t seems random at all.
Edit: I also tried not being first, and the boss takes a while to start attacking me, but once he starts, he never stops unless I move out.
Edit 2: For replicate porpuses: Warrior Female 12k AP, Twilight and Kudzu, Rampager’s armour and Berserker jewelry

I’m just telling that example because as I understood the Wi Flag just a couple of minutes ago, I feel that kind of code might be already in GW2 with some enemies, and who knows if RNG works under the same cirkittenances. Now I need an Anet answer on that.

ES Wiki Sysop. Vanquiser of the Marionette, Lover of the Aetherpath.
Aens / Ellantriel / Nao To Mori / Saelyth. Commander
Guias de Raids en español / Spanish raiding guides

(edited by Elrey.5472)

Posted by: Akikaze.1307

Akikaze.1307

I started GW2 with 2 other friends and would just like to share a similar experience.

All 3 of our accounts are the same age and very similar magic find. Only difference was professions and achievement points. Among us, one friend seems to always get better loot when opening champion/bandit bags during our Silverwastes farming. We would joke around that her account is considered luckier since it would get exotics from the loot bags more often, despite the magic find.

In the broader sense, as human, we often remember the bad/sad events more evidently than the good/happy events. It is possible that our previous example of bad luck created bias on our perception between each other’s ‘luck’. All in all, random is random.

(edited by Akikaze.1307)

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

This thread reaffirms as to why millions of people believe in ghosts and the boogey man.

You just want to believe in something that isn’t there for justification.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

While I don’t know how true or false OP’s claim is, in the first few months of my account’s activity, I definitely got way better drops than I do now at almost 9 months old

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

While I don’t know how true or false OP’s claim is, in the first few months of my account’s activity, I definitely got way better drops than I do now at almost 9 months old

And this is the opposite of my experience. That’s random distribution for you.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

http://asheron.wikia.com/wiki/Wi_Flag

Totally relevant because I did experienced this in many bosses of GW2. As example in the Husk champion of Silverwastes after the Vinewraith. If there’s 70 players killing that one but i’m the first one that goes and hits in my warrior and i’m always on melee, he keeps attacking me all the time. If I step back for 1 meter, then he attacks someone else. That’s ok, is not a problem, the question I ask myself is why if there is always 70 different players, he attacks specifically me? It doesn’t seems random at all.
Edit: I also tried not being first, and the boss takes a while to start attacking me, but once he starts, he never stops unless I move out.
Edit 2: For replicate porpuses: Warrior Female 12k AP, Twilight and Kudzu, Rampager’s armour and Berserker jewelry

I’m just telling that example because as I understood the Wi Flag just a couple of minutes ago, I feel that kind of code might be already in GW2 with some enemies, and who knows if RNG works under the same cirkittenances. Now I need an Anet answer on that.

Aggro mechanics in GW2 are not random. There are no tanks to control aggro but it isn’t random. Aggro is determined by the following:

1. DPS
2. Range
3. Armor rating

So if you are a warrior in melee with high dps he will almost always attack you. If you switch to range he will attack someone who is closer and doing similar dps.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

If you really wanted to address the issue that you think exists, you would have responded to John Smith when he asked for evidence, or at least provided a compelling reason for him to expend many hours delving into the loot code looking for a “problem” that hasn’t even been defined yet.

ArenaNet has access to data that says there is no problem. This suggests that your problem isn’t a problem. If you disagree, then the onus is on you to show that the problem exists. You correctly claim you can’t prove it, but you don’t have to; you just have to collect enough data that suggests a problem exists and provide it to ArenaNet.

Creating threads like this does not address the “problem” because it is just a cavalcade of anecdotes without data. It does CREATE a real problem though because it poisons the minds of new players with the false belief that their loot is being impacted. Now we’ve got 10 new people creating these pointless, unhelpful, toxic threads for no reason other than that you triggered their confirmation bias. As they say in that State Farm commercial “You’re not helping”.

If you really believe an issue to be present, start up a Google Docs spreadsheet and start logging everything that drops for you on both accounts. Once you’ve got DATA, analyze it (using formulas so that your personal bias doesn’t taint the results). If you believe it suggests your problem isn’t a phantom, send the data to ArenaNet (don’t post it here, the forum can’t help you).

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Slowburn.5319

Slowburn.5319

Been playing on/off since launch. I’m convinced that the more you play on an account the worse the loot gets.

Leo G.4501

Been playing on/off since launch. I’m convinced that the more you play on an account the worse the loot gets.

I’m hoping I’m an exception to this percieved rule since my loot has never been good. Maybe it is some kind of value in the account that seeds the random generated loot that determines overall returns so it’s different from player to player (i.e. some might start out with great loot but end up with mediocre stuff later on while others get slightly above mediocre but is consistent for longer, etc.)

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

I also feel the same.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I wonder what theories these people conjure if they play a game of dice.

“No, it’s not fair, I’m from the 90’s and gravity works different on 90’s kids, therefore my changes of throwing sixes are lower. I have a friend from the 90’s who has the same experiences and his dad is from the 60’s and he always throws six. No you can’t disprove it, and it’s in the realm of possibilities, therefore I’m right.”

Except it’s not like playing dice. This system is a DR based system. It’s the equivalent of going to roll the dice, having it land on a number that’s great for the game your playing but before it counts for your scoring system the points are taken away and in it’s place is given a failing number.

That’s essentially the system they are using here and let’ me reiterate, it’s been well known to produce these results historically, this is not a new or mysterious problem this is a well known well documented system. Because it’s so well known and well documented all other MMO developers have stopped using this system of loot years ago because of the problems we’re describing.

So using falsehoods or misdirections isn’t going to fix the problem and neither is acting like it’s a normal loot system with the same RNG issues other games suffer from.

It’s simply NOT the same.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Dante.1763

Thing is, neither incremental rewards nor RNG are going to please everyone. Someone is always going to prefer the other option.

Thats why im glad they went with both for the new silverwastes area…those who get lucky can get lucky, those who dont can still get it! it might not please everyone, but having both be available would! If i could do tequatl every day and get a token and when i get X number of tokens to trade in for a skin(Not the physical weapon)

All my complaints would be gone. For everything else in the game, theres gold farming. All my exotics? Gold farmed for them since RNG does not give me loot!
Without any complaints, but this item? i get its an ascended item, but in a year shouldnt i have gotten at least 1 ascended chest drop?

Thats the thing about this game in particular, you can get most of the “Rare” loot if you put in the effort. But there are a few things that you cant get through effort and those few things drive me mad when im after one of them.

Posted by: Shadowsrb.6241

Shadowsrb.6241

I can confirm this also,friend started playing month ago with this new accounts…got tequatl weap after 4-5x trys,numerous asc/exo stuff…I guess thats some policy to keep new players interested in game,veterans will play anyway and dont even need those drops. So its maybe smart to buy HOT when it come to cost 3$ so u can get better drops.

Posted by: Garth Thurgen.1380

Garth Thurgen.1380

I can confirm this also,friend started playing month ago with this new accounts…got tequatl weap after 4-5x trys,numerous asc/exo stuff…I guess thats some policy to keep new players interested in game,veterans will play anyway and dont even need those drops. So its maybe smart to buy HOT when it come to cost 3$ so u can get better drops.

Tequatl has a radically increased chance of giving an Ascended piece of gear the first time that lowers after you’ve gotten an Ascended drop.

Tequatl is a drug dealer: the first one is free, but the next one is going to cost you.

Posted by: Elrey.5472

Elrey.5472

Aggro mechanics in GW2 are not random. There are no tanks to control aggro but it isn’t random. Aggro is determined by the following:

1. DPS
2. Range
3. Armor rating

So if you are a warrior in melee with high dps he will almost always attack you. If you switch to range he will attack someone who is closer and doing similar dps.

I know, i’ve been playing gw2 for years and soloed most of the dungeons enough times to realize how aggro works.

However i’m also a programmer, and after reading that article about the Wi flag (which i don’t know if you did read) I can see how easily it could be to mess it up. I would probably make the same fail and I’m not sure if Anet would.

Even knowing how aggro works in gw2 (And that some bosses like Lupicus got 2 specific tanks, 1 for range and 1 for melee), it still feels weird with that specific champion in Silverwasters. I can’t be the one doing most damage for sure, sometimes I just afk autoattacking it and the boss stills keeps hitting me. That go me thinking that Wi Flag could actually be possible.

To clarify things up: I’m not saying it’s broken, i’m saying that it needs furthr investigation by Anet or let us check the code same as the PvP matchmaking algorithm.

ES Wiki Sysop. Vanquiser of the Marionette, Lover of the Aetherpath.
Aens / Ellantriel / Nao To Mori / Saelyth. Commander
Guias de Raids en español / Spanish raiding guides

Posted by: Two.1627

Two.1627

RNG works fine for me, I never know what I’m getting and so it’s always random. I guess if I wanted 1 thing out 100k possibilities I might be disappointed.
Also if I got a new account and played 100hrs on it got 4 pre’s I’d say I’ve played a total of 1300 hrs and got 4 pre’s…

Posted by: Nausicca.6038

Nausicca.6038

I remember a guy in one of my old guilds who got 13 percursors from the MF just by throwing the random rares he looted from mobs/chests. I remember a particular evening when he got a pre, abyss and celestial dyes in like 15 minutes. It was just crazy.

Same with my current guild leader. He has almost all the legendaries, got precursors regulary from the MF, got the beta portal after 15 minutes in SW ( I was with him), and if an ascended chest has to drop, guess who got it? It’s depressing.

I wish I had half his luck.

VoxL, NSPPT

Posted by: Shadowsrb.6241

Shadowsrb.6241

Tequatl has a radically increased chance of giving an Ascended piece of gear the first time that lowers after you’ve gotten an Ascended drop.

Tequatl is a drug dealer: the first one is free, but the next one is going to cost you.

Nice joke…i hope u are not seriously saying this.

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Here’s a link that will help these 27 individuals understand what’s happening:

Cognitive bias

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: Chuck.8196

Chuck.8196

Keep in mind this is mostly referring to LOOTED items. Not chests, forge, etc.
@Everyone
Why are you posting if your only going to argue the OP? You’re asking for “proof” of it but can you prove there isn’t something wrong? There are ALOT of people who experience this problem. And its amazing that so many people here will deny having not experienced it. If you can’t provide the evidence that it DOESN’T exist then you can’t deny it does. I play one account typically 12 + hours a day and my loot is worthless all day. I run around to most every dungeon, diff maps doing diff stuff, fotm, world bosses. SW… all on diff toons.. my loot is still all garbage.

I can get onto my alts and farm for a couple hours and get plenty of rares and a couple exotics. So far Alt #2 loot hasn’t diminished since i got him and it about 800 hours now. Alt #3 is the same; 200 hours and still great loot. it’s enough to make me want to stop playing my main. But no need because I multibox.

All of you that believe everything is perfect and works how you’re told Gullible

a·chieve·ment – a thing done successfully, typically by effort, courage, or skill
re·ward – a thing given in recognition of one’s service, effort, or achievement
en·ti·tle·ment – the belief one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment