2000 hours, 0 precursors, why keep playing??

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Reaper.1695

Reaper.1695

I’m almost done the “attainable” part of the Legendary and I don’t have the precursor for it yet. This thread is worrisome.

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

I think that the more people complain, the more likely anet is to bring in an alternative pre acquisition.
Also, I’d suggest to try NOT to buy, and just hold out, keep complaining, keep waiting, do not give in and buy.

Anets idea of controlling the pre/ledg costs is to let them go up and up. They’ve gotten to a ridiculous price.
I myself have better things to spend my gold(or cash) on. And I don’t think I’d ever be happy with spending 700g + on a pre/ledg. It just isnt worth it to me.

Which is ashame, I’d really like to have stat swapping ability. (the skins don’t appeal to me, they’re too flashy.)

Posted by: Lalocat.6793

Lalocat.6793

They are doing their best at anet. I really do believe this, and I’ve never gotten an amazing drop either. Best would be a pet from trikey chest, now worth like… 6g.

Pre crafting would make more problems than it would solve. This is just sensible. Look how much prices have been going up only due to the skin update, and I don’t only mean the precursors. T6 going up, lodestones going up. They even changed champ bags to drop more T6, and prices are still going up. If anyone could get a precursor for less money/effort than it currently costs, the other things would spike way out of proportion.

I’m not saying I like the system as is. Just that it isn’t really fixable within the current game and changing it will take a long long time. They are starting with a gold nerf, which people aren’t really feeling yet. Probably take months before they can collect all the data, analyse it, and make their next move.

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

They are doing their best at anet. I really do believe this, and I’ve never gotten an amazing drop either. Best would be a pet from trikey chest, now worth like… 6g.

Pre crafting would make more problems than it would solve. This is just sensible. Look how much prices have been going up only due to the skin update, and I don’t only mean the precursors. T6 going up, lodestones going up. They even changed champ bags to drop more T6, and prices are still going up. If anyone could get a precursor for less money/effort than it currently costs, the other things would spike way out of proportion.

I’m not saying I like the system as is. Just that it isn’t really fixable within the current game and changing it will take a long long time. They are starting with a gold nerf, which people aren’t really feeling yet. Probably take months before they can collect all the data, analyse it, and make their next move.

Well doesnt have to crafting, could be a series of quests, could be the 10k achieve chest. (and anyone already above that, just gets one in the mail.)
Things arent going to get cheaper by anet doing nothing about it.

plus, if they wanted crafting mats to drop in price, all they need to do is to increase their drop rate.
Increase drop rate + bring in pre crafting, and it would level out.

Posted by: Gorani.7205

Gorani.7205

My observation, both personal and what I know about my guildies:
>> No precursor for me since launch
>> One precursor from the mystic toilet for one of my guildies (which I think she has turned into a Legendary a while ago)

Personal conclusion:
RNG does not work for me; buying one is not possible for me; Legendary – any of them, not even the one I like – will never happen for me

Member of The Guildwars Online Guild [GWO]
Still keeps a volume of Kurzick poems ;)