24 hour availability screwed me

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Teratus.2859

Teratus.2859

Missed the Wings.. yeah most won’t care and I don’t blame them

but I was very looking forward to buying this skin

I checked the gem store multiple times yesterday using the search bar as well and the wings were not available
I come online today and check the store and I find they are already gone…

this has severely annoyed me and I am very angry right now
I don’t care that they maybe coming back in future
I’ll probably have to wait weeks possibly months for a skin that due to having a existence outside of a video game I missed….

I’ll bet a lot of people missed this skin as well for RL reasons

24 hour availability is a stupid idea and personally I feel cheated..
as a long time supporter of Gw1/Gw2 and the Gem Store in which I have put a lot of money into I am very angry and disappointed by this..

why anyone at Anet thought this was a good idea I’ll never know.. you guys have for the most part been great when it comes to gem store deals and item availability

…I’ll probably get a lot of negative comments for this mini rant but I don’t really care..
Im annoyed and expressing it openly so that hopefully this sort of stupid thing doesn’t happen again
so if anyone else was unfortunate enough to miss out on any gem store skins that they really wanted due to RL circumstances then feel free to voice your own complaints below

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

They said it was a sneak peak and they will be back.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

I’ll probably have to wait weeks possibly months for a skin that due to having a existence outside of a video game I missed….

but you’ll still be able to get it. And the trend will die down so you’ll be more unique while wearing them than people that are wearing them right now

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

If you couldn’t see it on the gem store the whole time it was available despite looking for it multiple times during that period then maybe you need to contact support since it showed up for everyone else.

Try doing a client repair. Maybe you have corrupted files.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Teratus.2859

They said it was a sneak peak and they will be back.

yeah probably when the expansion comes out several months from now…

whether or not they come back isn’t the point

the point is that 24 hour availability is very unfriendly to the Gw2 community and its going to annoy and discourage a lot of people from wanting to use the gem store or even play the game if they miss out..

for those of us who have missed it.. were going to have to deal with people who didn’t running around and in a sense just unintentionally rubbing it in our faces..

for me personally I logged out moments after I found out they were gone and right now.. im soo annoyed I don’t even want to play the game for a while.. which is only going to make me miss out on more.. like my daily Achievement points and log in rewards..
so now I feel like I have to play the game when currently im so annoyed that want nothing to do with it

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Don’t forget to check the Gem Store daily, as there are more limited-time sneak-peek items being offered this week.

Good luck! =)

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Life is unfair. If they put it up for a week, someone else would still have missed it.

It’s coming back so it’s not like it was a 1 day only chance to get it or you’ll never get it again.

It was a preview that they could put into the store to have it be previewed until it comes out. Without everyone and their mother having already gotten it.

Teratus.2859

If you couldn’t see it on the gem store the whole time it was available despite looking for it multiple times during that period then maybe you need to contact support since it showed up for everyone else.

Try doing a client repair. Maybe you have corrupted files.

Unlikely

it was most likely down to me being online before they were available yesterday and then logging in today after they had been removed..

had I been able to log in a few hours ago I would have just caught them but thanks to RL circumstances I wasn’t hence why I feel cheated by the 24 hour availability and from the forum posts I’ve read im not alone here either..

Teratus.2859

Don’t forget to check the Gem Store daily, as there are more limited-time sneak-peek items being offered this week.

Good luck! =)

I don’t care about the rest

the Wings were the only item I wanted

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

I think it would have been much better if the coming of these sales had been announced a couple of days beforehand instead of at the same time.

Mirta.5029

yeah probably when the expansion comes out several months from now…

whether or not they come back isn’t the point

the point is that 24 hour availability is very unfriendly to the Gw2 community and its going to annoy and discourage a lot of people from wanting to use the gem store or even play the game if they miss out..

for those of us who have missed it.. were going to have to deal with people who didn’t running around and in a sense just unintentionally rubbing it in our faces..

now imagine how people feel about the 1 time only exclusive items that are yet to come back, despite leaving the game over 2 years ago. Like yellow and green SAB skins. Be happy that at least 1 day you’ll still be able to get them.

Teratus.2859

I think it would have been much better if the coming of these sales had been announced a couple of days beforehand instead of at the same time.

It would have

or even a in game mail notification letting you know whats new in the gem store

small things…

and there are still people who even caught the sale but were unable to buy because of issues with transactions etc

there are plenty of reasons to be annoyed by the flaws in a 24 hour availability of gem store items
whether they come back or not in future is irrelevant..

Posted by: Zac.2483

Zac.2483

agree with Teratus.2859 this is just silly, i play almost every day and the 2 days i could not log they added things i will pay for. At-least we could have been warned about this way in advance so we can make plans to login and spend our hard earn cash. I’ve also played gw1 and gw2 since launch.

NOW CONTEMPLATING LEAVING THIS GAME ALL TOGETHER, TIME FOR SOMETHING NEW

STOP THE GIMMICKS

very disappointed

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

You’ll be okay.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Teratus.2859

now imagine how people feel about the 1 time only exclusive items that are yet to come back, despite leaving the game over 2 years ago. Like yellow and green SAB skins. Be happy that at least 1 day you’ll still be able to get them.

There is a big difference between people who missed items because they stopped playing years ago and people who missed out on items within a 24 hour period

specially when they make an effort to log in on a daily basis

SAB skins were available for a long time in comparison and are still available on the Trading post so it’s hardly the same

and the main point of this thread is how player unfriendly and unfair the 24 hour availability is
the items returning in future is irrelevant

Posted by: Radio Isotope.3045

Radio Isotope.3045

That BS time availability. Some of us have to budget our money and didn’t have enough to get them immediately. The 24 hour availability on them was Bullcrup. Bring them back for longer Anet. This Flash sale crup is stupid as hell.

(TLE) The Legendary Eternum, Devona’s Rest
Guild Founder

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

That BS time availability. Some of us have to budget our money and didn’t have enough to get them immediately. The 24 hour availability on them was Bullcrup. Bring them back for longer Anet. This Flash sale crup is stupid as hell.

From a sales perspective (i.e. the one ArenaNet cares about), flash sales are smart as heck.

They will back, and in greater numbers.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

It’s coming back in the future… also you should be happy you don’t look like a WoW kitten like half the population right now.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Posted by: Dasenthal.6520

Dasenthal.6520

They will come back again, the point was/is to advertise things that will be put in (I assume) permanently later on.

“A conquered people will always resist you,
Edair. But allies-allies will fight by your side”~Cobiah Mariner

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

… it was a sneak peak, prepare yourself next time and you’ll be ready. Sorry the world doesn’t cater to your needs. They will be back though, we just don’t know when.

Posted by: Tachyon.5897

Tachyon.5897

And some of us just bought Gems with in-game Gold, so no money or budgeting was needed. Guess you chose the wrong option this time.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

If they are returning (or return), then they don’t really have 24-hour (only) availability. They just have (had) 24 hour sneak-peek availability. Which is what the whole promotion was about.

Posted by: Raiga.4508

Raiga.4508

Same here, can’t log in every day and missed it by a few hours. Please make them available for a few days if not a week. I mean, the game has always been catering towards players that can’t play 24/7, so why suddenly pull off something like that? Why not take my money >_>?

Ultimate power corrupts ultimately.

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

I mean, the game has always been catering towards players that can’t play 24/7, so why suddenly pull off something like that?

To keep things spicy

But in all seriousness they will be back.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

Well it worked, they had to have made a huge amount of money, considering all the wings I’ve seen today.

Raiga.4508

Same here, I’ve been looking forward to them since they were datamined. Missed it by a few hours and I’, really disappointed that they’ve been there for only a day, when our developers know very well that a lot of their playerbase doesn’t play the game 24/7.
They will be back? In half a year? Why not simply have them on the gemstore for 3 days or a week? ._.

Mirta.5029

SAB skins were available for a long time in comparison and are still available on the Trading post so it’s hardly the same

not yellow and green. Yellow and green were both time-gated (you had to do sab levels on hard mode) and temporary. People that played at that time would at most manage to pick up 2-3 weapons. People that joined the game later will never get them. NEVER. Same with exclusive in game store minis like for example mini hippo. “oh cool, how can I get that?” the answer to that is “you will never be able to”.

The skins are coming back. It was just an early sneak peek. So at least you’ll get them one day.

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

I anticipated these threads with great eagerness.

Day of, too popular.

Day after, not enough.

Both points valid but still, entertained.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Posted by: Shinzan.2908

Shinzan.2908

Seriously, there isn’t a single player who benefits from limited sales like this, guess making a quick buck or whatever is more important though…

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

The wings are a dime a dozen, which is why I didn’t buy them. Don’t feel bad for missing them. While you did have 24 to log in and get them, it’s just one skin that will come back. Just be sure you have the Gems ready for when they come again. RL issues take precedence over game ones, so do what you gotta do, and log in if you can.

As the other thread stated, this is so Pay to Wing.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

What should the timer be?
What if I am away for a week? Should everything stay for a week?
What if my computer dies and it will take me a month to get all the parts needed to fix it?

There will always be people that misses out.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Shinzan.2908

What if my computer dies and it will take me a month to get all the parts needed to fix it?

Permanent? There’s no reason to limit this stuff, it’s not like there’s an actual supply that can run out or continuing to sell them would cost Anet extra.

Mirta.5029

Permanent? There’s no reason to limit this stuff, it’s not like there’s an actual supply that can run out or continuing to sell them would cost Anet extra.

the thing is, as stated, this is just a sneak preview. How do you know that it won’t be permanent?

Raiga.4508

Yes but it’s far less likely for people to complain if something is available for 1 week than 1 day. The percentage of people that can’t log in for a day or maybe 2 is far bigger than those that can’t play for a week. I think it’s less reasonable to complain about a time frame of 1 week.

Shinzan.2908

the thing is, as stated, this is just a sneak preview. How do you know that it won’t be permanent?

Doesn’t matter… Why not sell them now? They are already made and in game. This is just some attempt to create artificial scarcity and get people to buy stuff out of fear it will be gone the next day.

Mirta.5029

Doesn’t matter… Why not sell them now? They are already made and in game. This is just some attempt to create artificial scarcity and get people to buy stuff out of fear it will be gone the next day.

well without the sneak peak I would have expected to see them with content that fits them. So without this “artificial scarcity” we would all be waiting for months. I don’t see anything wrong with doing a day preview, having in mind that a) it generates them much needed profits and b) other people can still get them later.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Just to confirm:

“Breaking news! We’re releasing future items early for one day only!”

So yes, the items will return.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

lordkrall.7241

It will be permanent put back into the store in the future.

But the reason for time-limited sales is because they work. People feel rushed to buy stuff and they do it. It is simply good marketing.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

(edited by lordkrall.7241)

Smooth Penguin.5294

The same question could be posed of Legendaries: Why not sell Twilight since it’s in game? The answer is – /Entitlement.

Raiga.4508

Just to confirm:

“Breaking news! We’re releasing future items early for one day only!”

So yes, the items will return.

It’s cool to hear, thanks for confirming that, but why do it in the first place? And any hint as of when they might return? (Like a week/month/year, so I know whether or not to get gems in advance x:?)

Shinzan.2908

It will be permanent.

But the reason for time-limited sales is because they work. People feel rushed to buy stuff and they do it. It is simply good marketing.

That’s the kind of treatment I would expect from crappy freemium facebook games and not from an AAA MMORPG I actually bought and continued to support though.

lordkrall.7241

That is how basically everything that sells thing works.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

It will be permanent.

I honestly don’t know if the items in question will be “permanent,” if you mean they’ll be in the store forever. I’ve seen items rotate through, and I know that not every item is available every day. What I do know, from the post on the website, is that the items are a sort of preview and they will be offered for a longer period of time and not just a single day sometime in the future.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

lordkrall.7241

I honestly don’t know if the items in question will be “permanent,” if you mean they’ll be in the store forever. I’ve seen items rotate through, and I know that not every item is available every day. What I do know, from the post on the website, is that the items are a sort of preview and they will be offered for a longer period of time and not just a single day sometime in the future.

Ah, good point. I’ll edit it to be more clear.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

We already know it is going to return, the question is when, take SAB and the missing pvp armour, we know they are going to return, but how long has it been and how long left? The future can be a really long time away.

People were quick to say well everyone will be wearing the skin so i am not going to get it. Now i am going to look for more posts from people who missed out for this reason and silently laugh to myself

Smooth Penguin.5294

It will be permanent.

That’s the kind of treatment I would expect from crappy freemium facebook games and not from an AAA MMORPG I actually bought and continued to support though.

“Call in the next 30 minutes, and we’ll throw in an extra bottle of OxiClean FOR FREE!”

It’s called marketing, which is a key part of running a business.

Posted by: MokahTGS.7850

MokahTGS.7850

It will be permanent.

Like it or not, it’s how any store works…limited time sales are a thing. You don’t need anything that they are selling…the fact that people feel that they do need it illustrates the fact that this strategy works and will continue. Even this thread encourages, not discourages them from doing it.

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

A pretty poor comparison.
You can’t really compare people who haven’t even touched the game for over a year to someone who couldn’t play for just 1 day for RL reasons.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Mirta.5029

A pretty poor comparison.
You can’t really compare people who haven’t even touched the game for over a year to someone who couldn’t play for just 1 day for RL reasons.

you can if they didn’t know that the game existed back then
or if they didn’t have enough skills to do SAB hard mode
or if they didn’t repeat it daily enough times to even get 1 skin (likely to happen)
or if they ran out of continue coins.

This content will come back. SAB skins? Tough luck if you want yellow and green ones.

Posted by: UnawarePolarBear.9502

UnawarePolarBear.9502

It will be permanent.

Still waiting for those wide-rimmed glasses.

Pls gaile, work ur magic. Q.Q