2786 hours, 0 precursors

2786 hours, 0 precursors

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Khristophoros.7194

Khristophoros.7194

Is that strange? I always kinda assumed I would never find one.

2786 hours, 0 precursors

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Not strange at all. I have seen posts from others with many more hours played and no prcursor drop. The good news is once the x-pac drops there will be ways to earn a precursor without pure RNG.

The Burninator

2786 hours, 0 precursors

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

2786 hours, 0 precursors

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

Same here. We have to just buy them off the trading post.

But there will be precursor crafting in HoT expansion I believe. No release date on that yet though, so could be next year.

2786 hours, 0 precursors

Posted by: Slapinator.4196

Slapinator.4196

Same here let’s create a club everybody so we can all qq togetherT.T

2786 hours, 0 precursors

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

got my first and only pre at 2929 hours keep trying mate ( sadly it was howl thats the most broken legendary atm )

2786 hours, 0 precursors

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Oh look, it is time for that tread again.
Yeah, it is not strange, actually it is expected.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

2786 hours, 0 precursors

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

5428 hours; 2 precursors. Energizer ( ;-; ) and Dreamer.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

2786 hours, 0 precursors

Slapinator.4196

Guys go cry somewhere else this is the 0!!! precursor topic not the i only got 2 and sold them for 3000g !!! you are messing with our feelings here T.T

2786 hours, 0 precursors

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

It’s not strange because there is no direct correlation between time played and precursors found.

The probability that you will find a precursor does increase over time, but only because you’ll do more things that have a chance of giving you a precursor, not because simply being in-game gives you a chance at one.

Someone who spends all their time playing on a level 80 character in level 80 zones with maximum magic find will have more chance of finding a precursor than someone who spends most of their time levelling alts or even doing low level dungeons.

And someone who spends all their time flipping items on the TP and then spending the profits on exotics to throw in the Mystic Forge will have a higher chance than both of them.

Whilst at the other extreme someone who spends all their time afk in LA or the Heart of the Mists has no chance of getting one because they’re not doing anything that gives them drops of any kind.

Obviously these are extreme examples and most people will do a combination of things. But my point is that combination will be different for each person so even if precursor drops weren’t random it wouldn’t be as simple as “my friend played for 1,000 hours and he got a precursor, I’ve played for 2,000 hours so I should have 2”.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

2786 hours, 0 precursors

Posted by: Fenom.9457

Fenom.9457

I’ll always hate myself because I got the axe one and didn’t even SELL it, no, I DESTROYED it! I was a noob.

Want to read about a nice mini expansion to make Mordremoth and Zhaitan better?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

2786 hours, 0 precursors

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

If you want to make a legendary your best bet is to either buy a precursor from the TP or wait until HoT is released and you can craft one (but don’t expect that to be a quick or cheap option, I’m sure they’re going to aim to make it equal to the current cost).

If you just want one so you can sell it for a lot of gold, or simply to feel special because you got one of the best drops in the game, then console yourself with the knowledge that it’s precisely because they’re so rare that they’re so valuable and desirable. If they were easy to get no one would care when you got one.

And also that there are a lot of things you can do to increase your chances. Throwing exotics in the Forge has the best chance, but it’s also expensive. The once-per-day reward from world bosses is also supposed to have a higher than average chance of getting a precursor (on high level characters) and has a chance at some other good drops too.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

2786 hours, 0 precursors

Khristophoros.7194

If you want to make a legendary your best bet is to either buy a precursor from the TP or wait until HoT is released and you can craft one (but don’t expect that to be a quick or cheap option, I’m sure they’re going to aim to make it equal to the current cost).

If you just want one so you can sell it for a lot of gold, or simply to feel special because you got one of the best drops in the game, then console yourself with the knowledge that it’s precisely because they’re so rare that they’re so valuable and desirable. If they were easy to get no one would care when you got one.

And also that there are a lot of things you can do to increase your chances. Throwing exotics in the Forge has the best chance, but it’s also expensive. The once-per-day reward from world bosses is also supposed to have a higher than average chance of getting a precursor (on high level characters) and has a chance at some other good drops too.

I don’t actually like any of the legendaries lol. If I find a precursor I’ll sell it without hesitation.

2786 hours, 0 precursors

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

Not strange at all 4k+ here no precursors found.

2786 hours, 0 precursors

Posted by: yakuza snowdragon.4639

yakuza snowdragon.4639

I don’t even see Exotics anymore so the thought of a precursor is just a joke. RNG is crap in gw2.

2786 hours, 0 precursors

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

But there will be precursor crafting in HoT expansion I believe. No release date on that yet though, so could be next year.

And even once HoT drops it’s a whole collection/scavenger hunt thing, and who knows how long that will take, may not end up being any faster than grinding the money for a precurser :P

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

2786 hours, 0 precursors

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

I don’t even see Exotics anymore so the thought of a precursor is just a joke. RNG is crap in gw2.

Yeah, I’ve had like 2 exotics in weeks, while a guildmate the other day linked like 6 he had drop that day.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

2786 hours, 0 precursors

Posted by: Mireles Lore.5942

Mireles Lore.5942

Thats cute.

Try 7000+ hours. No precursor drop.

Director – Xunlai Heroic Service Agents [XHSA] | Yak’s Bend
http://xunlaiheroes.wix.com/xhsa

2786 hours, 0 precursors

Khristophoros.7194

Thats cute.

Try 7000+ hours. No precursor drop.

Danmn that sucks.

2786 hours, 0 precursors

Posted by: Blooperz.6145

Blooperz.6145

RnG is RnG….I threw the 20 or so rare weps (random assortment, didn’t try to match 4) I obtained while leveling into the forge as soon as I hit lvl 80, and I got a precursor back. And that was my first time ever using the MF =S…granted it was the shield, but hey I’m not complaining…

2786 hours, 0 precursors

Posted by: Durrik.4679

Durrik.4679

My method for getting a precursor (which hasn’t worked), is to play the game salvaging and mining mithril and elder logs. At the same time I get T5 mats. When I fill up with 1500 ore / 1500 ingots I craft it all into daggers and dump in the forge. My favorite place right now is Cursed Shore when its active, the mob drops at 258% Account MF help with this addiction. Silver wastes is boring to me right now. I’m at something like 3000 hours.

The last time I dumped daggers was 328 daggers, got the teaser exotic twice, but not Spark. The time before that was another 280 daggers, and got the teaser exotic 3 times. I’m glad they changed the art for the forge, it now looks exactly like it feels. It especially feels like they dropped the MF upgrade rate recently. Before I was getting an exotic out about 20% of the time, now I’m getting one out at about 10-12% of the time (12 exotics out of dumping 328 daggers, which works out to about 100 attempts since I dumped the resulting rares as well).

And I dump all my level 80 rare weapons in that I get, as well as all the < 4g exotics in hopes of getting a random pre.

This way I’m not burning through my gold on buying rares and exotics from the TP. And hopefully save up some for the precursor. But I bought an additional character slot (before they announced you were getting one with HoT), and the white wings, which set me back. I really wish they allowed us to save gold on another character, so I wouldn’t spend it, like the pre wallet days.

2786 hours, 0 precursors

Posted by: fixit.7189

fixit.7189

Same…there is some accounts that are lucky, some that is not. I mean I have found one exotic in 2 months of grinding all bosses + SW every day. RNG hates me, infact I believe my account is incapable of getting a precursor…it is impossible to drop. Ha.

On the plus side, you can buy gems…sell them for gold…and get all the precursors you want for 1/100th the time! Yea, I don’t do that but I know for sure many many others do. This game is designed to be a grind with super low drop rates thus you gotta spend lots of RL money…it’s the business model so it’s expected.

W/e. You can make all the ascended weapons you need for most of your chars and save 2k+ gold. Legendaries are so common on other players it’s not unique no more, many used a CC to buy them heh so it’s nothing to really brag about lol.

(edited by fixit.7189)

2786 hours, 0 precursors

Posted by: Enko.6123

Enko.6123

uh 9396 hours with zero precursors as drops. one from forge and one from ancient karka chest when southsun first came out.

2786 hours, 0 precursors

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Just to add clarification that no account is luckier than another in the sense that there’s no hidden internal modifier that influences whether they are lucky or not. Every account has the same probability of getting a precursor just like every other one.

2786 hours, 0 precursors

fixit.7189

Then explain why I know people with under 1k hours who have found 5+ of these things from world drops. Great loot is literally thrown at these people constantly while others get kitten all. .

Btw, i did that karka event too way back and…never got a leg there either before it was nerfed. There is more to this than just luck cus some people have it in spades while many have zero, like me.

(edited by fixit.7189)

2786 hours, 0 precursors

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

2K hours? That’s nothing. I have way over 7K. I NEVER go AFK. If the game is running, I’m playing.

I did not get a pre event from the Ancient Karka chest that gave pres to so many people. In fact, that chest was supposed to give 2 rares and 2 exotics. And I only got one lvl 76 exotic and one level 78 rare.

And they were the freaking cheapest ones listed in the trading post!

There’s bad luck, there’s rotten luck, and then there’s my luck.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

2786 hours, 0 precursors

Ayrilana.1396

Then explain why I know people with under 1k hours who have found 5+ of these things from world drops. Great loot is literally thrown at these people constantly while others get kitten all. Has to be more to this than just ‘luck’.

It’s all in the probability. The odds of someone getting that many in such a short time is the same for everyone. Just because I flip a coin and get heads 100 times in a row doesn’t mean that I’m inherently lucky.

2786 hours, 0 precursors

Slapinator.4196

Somehow i feel that mf or drops are still gonna be a better way to get pre than what arenanet has in mind with hot.

2786 hours, 0 precursors

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Took me 4,4k hours and +1,4k gold to find my one and only pre which ended up being a torch. Now at almost 8k hours and closer to 2k gold and second one is nowhere to be found.

2786 hours, 0 precursors

Posted by: Pandeh.5248

Pandeh.5248

Im 500g down in MF 3 precursors total. All you need is enough bank, and rng on your side. Eventually it evens out to the price the precursors are at the TP.

2786 hours, 0 precursors

Posted by: BIGHARSHNESS.3510

BIGHARSHNESS.3510

Because of HoT I’m fully content on waiting rather than giving someone my gold and letting them profit off me. I’ve crafted plenty of Ascended weapons in the meantime.

2786 hours, 0 precursors

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

15+ precursors here…RNG is a kitten

ya all from toilet.

2786 hours, 0 precursors

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

Our guild leader is at 153 crafted pre cursors (all crafted and crafting is what he does in game). Between my wife and I, over 7K hours of play time and only one found (we avoid the mystic toilet). RNG is a vicious mistress.

SBI

2786 hours, 0 precursors

Posted by: Kitta.3657

Kitta.3657

I got my first precursor at 6k hrs. Then my second from the forge in the same 2 weeks period. (2 colossus in 2 weeks)

GL dude. Nothing to see here.

mouth too blunt, truth too loud

(edited by Kitta.3657)

2786 hours, 0 precursors

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

11,200 and no pre cursor.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

2786 hours, 0 precursors

fixit.7189

It’s all in the probability. The odds of someone getting that many in such a short time is the same for everyone. Just because I flip a coin and get heads 100 times in a row doesn’t mean that I’m inherently lucky.

If heads was win and tails was lose then I have flipped that kitten ed coin millions of times without seeing heads. If this is probability, would it not have landed on heads at least ONCE out of all those tries? My coin is broken I guess, it has tails on both sides.

WTB a pity timer mechanic like D3 please!

2786 hours, 0 precursors

Posted by: Pandeh.5248

Pandeh.5248

This thread made me go ham at the MF, lol.

And at the 2nd last craft out of 600g , it paid off. I was so sad, but now so happy XD

Attachments:

2786 hours, 0 precursors

Posted by: Frosty.5401

Frosty.5401

2 precursors from the MF before 1k hours, first from 4 rares and second from 4 dungeon token staves. Both were the legend, don’t think there’s any correlation between time played and getting a pre lol

2786 hours, 0 precursors

Posted by: infinityandbeyond.9652

infinityandbeyond.9652

Is that strange? I always kinda assumed I would never find one.

That’s why i purchased both of my precursors with gems and moved on ^.^

Infi Erratum.
Snafs Golem Emporium SoS

2786 hours, 0 precursors

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Just to add clarification that no account is luckier than another in the sense that there’s no hidden internal modifier that influences whether they are lucky or not. Every account has the same probability of getting a precursor just like every other one.

How can you say that with such certainty? And I don’t mean anything deliberate I mean it could be something unforeseen. Look how long they took to find the original rng bug years ago.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

2786 hours, 0 precursors

Ayrilana.1396

How can you say that with such certainty? And I don’t mean anything deliberate I mean it could be something unforeseen. Look how long they took to find the original rng bug years ago.

Anet has stated it as being such either late last year or earlier this year.

If heads was win and tails was lose then I have flipped that kitten ed coin millions of times without seeing heads. If this is probability, would it not have landed on heads at least ONCE out of all those tries? My coin is broken I guess, it has tails on both sides.

WTB a pity timer mechanic like D3 please!

Unlike with a coin that has a 50% probability of being of two outcomes, it’s much different with a precursor.

2786 hours, 0 precursors

Posted by: Frosty.5401

Frosty.5401

Fixit you don’t understand probability properly, whether you flip said coin 10 times or 1 million times is irrelevant to the probability that you will get heads or tails because each coin toss is an independent event and is not cumulative.

2786 hours, 0 precursors

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

5923 hours, 0 precursors.

Fortunately I don’t like the legendaries, so instead I’m accumulating gold that would otherwise be wasted in the legendary grind.

2786 hours, 0 precursors

Posted by: SiegHawk.5684

SiegHawk.5684

Is it to fast that I only played for 597 hours and already finish making Frostfang and just bought dawn. I gave up on looking for pre in rng drop so i bought them. >.<

[FA] We are the Superior Race. ^.^

2786 hours, 0 precursors

Posted by: Sparks The Rescue.5043

Sparks The Rescue.5043

The age of an account has no direct correlation to loot tables. It’s strange that you think it does.

2786 hours, 0 precursors

Posted by: Soupy.4970

Soupy.4970

The RNG is pretty horrific, I agree. I’m at 580 hours, and got The Legend from casually tossing in some random rares from a boss train into the toilet. The changes they are making in HoT is a good step away from grinding. Now if only they would do the same with Teq’s Hoard. ANet, please, lemme give you 100 spoons for it.

2786 hours, 0 precursors

Posted by: Lucius.2140

Lucius.2140

Last time this topic got on the forums, there was at least two 8k hours + with cero precursors.

-.- Long life RNG!

2786 hours, 0 precursors

Posted by: Basandra Skye.4031

Basandra Skye.4031

Guys go cry somewhere else this is the 0!!! precursor topic not the i only got 2 and sold them for 3000g !!! you are messing with our feelings here T.T

I’ve gotten 6 since last november. GS, warhorn, longbow, pistol, rifle and mace.

2786 hours, 0 precursors

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

I did not quite make the 8000 hrs with zero precursor but I am a wvw player not a dungeon runner or forge user. Got lucky somewhere around 7500 hrs played.

I got a dagger precursor when I bought all the norn racial karma weapons and threw them in the forge rather than bin them.

I am happy enough with the RNG and wish others luck. I enjoy the game and find drops to be just additional bonuses anyway.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

2786 hours, 0 precursors

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

yes and how many of those hours were doing tasks that can potentially reward a precursor?