in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

Forum bug . . .

28 BLack Lion Keys... ALL uncommon

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Black Lion Keys have always been a waste of money, and I can’t imagine that will ever change. The only reason to buy them is if you somehow enjoy the gambling aspect.

Fortunately all the items that come from them are either available directly or are tradable so you don’t have to buy them if you don’t want to gamble, which I’ve recently learned is relatively unusual for cash-shop RNG boxes.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

If ToT bags were so worthless, people wouldn’t be spending hours on hours of their lives farming them.

I’ll be waiting on my BL chests for easter when I (hope) there’ll be the miniature-giving eggs… I wanna crack at my grail mini, the jack-a-lop.

~EW

(darn you IWN for convincing me that minis were worth having. :P )

ToT bags are worthless, unless you open thousands. I’ve opened around 1000, and have nothing note worthy. BLC, like all things in this game depend on your “luck”. But then from playing PvP for a year and a half off and on, I’ve had 12 ascended armor chests, 7 weapon chests and 14 ascended rings. I guess my luck is going else where.

A ToT bag you don’t want is worth at least 5s+ on the TP, where as account bound junk you don’t want is worth 0. I’ll take the 5s over 0c any day.

~EW

Yeah, ok, 5s is showing it’s worth, green leather armor is going for more.

And Ascended gear is hardly junk, seeing as you need to salvage it for legendary weapons these days.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

(edited by BrotherBelial.3094)

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

And Ascended gear is hardly junk, seeing as you need to salvage it for legendary weapons these days.

I think either you misunderstood me, or I didn’t type clearly. I’m not talking about your ascended drops even remotely… I’m talking about only what comes from BL chests. Classifying some items as “account bound junk” is not the same as saying “all account bound items are junk.” If I get a merchant express from a BLC, that item is account bound junk (to me), and I can get nothing for it… I’d rather have the ToT bag to use or sell at my whim. Your PvP ascended gains have nothing to do with that.

~EW

Posted by: AriaFiresong.7023

AriaFiresong.7023

I’ll weigh in and say I’d rather the bag than the booster or random xyz express. ToT bags have the chance to contain something I’d like. Boosters sit and gather dust, and have no value. I’d go into a chest knowing I’d only receive two items previously. Now I can get up to four.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

In the BLTC chests, before this change, 1 slot was always a Booster. No getting around that. Now, that one slot is a seasonal bag/box/item.

I don’t think anyone is losing a chance at some rare and super valuable item with this change. What we did get is a extra (consistent) chance at an uncommon or rare item.

Plus the Wardrobe Unlock, which is pretty cool, and a guarantee to replace duplicates with Keys.

Not so bad. There’s always the option to not buy Keys.

Posted by: Ophidia Moonstone.2587

Ophidia Moonstone.2587

If ToT bags were so worthless, people wouldn’t be spending hours on hours of their lives farming them.

I’ll be waiting on my BL chests for easter when I (hope) there’ll be the miniature-giving eggs… I wanna crack at my grail mini, the jack-a-lop.

~EW

I decided to stop farming ToT bags. I got my endless batwing potion, a couple of those amulets that turn you teal and orange, and a couple of rares, two exotics. True, my haul in the week I did it was approximately 350 gold, but I can make that much gold doing things that are actually fun, the lab feels like a hades grind, and not the fun kind of spooky fun kind.

Posted by: Ophidia Moonstone.2587

Ophidia Moonstone.2587

I think either you misunderstood me, or I didn’t type clearly. I’m not talking about your ascended drops even remotely… I’m talking about only what comes from BL chests. Classifying some items as “account bound junk” is not the same as saying “all account bound items are junk.” If I get a merchant express from a BLC, that item is account bound junk (to me), and I can get nothing for it… I’d rather have the ToT bag to use or sell at my whim. Your PvP ascended gains have nothing to do with that.

~EW

I used to feel that way when I was always trying to farm stuff for gold. Now gold comes so much easier to me than it used to, I want the stuff I can’t buy with gold. I save those express items for emergencies. I use speed boosters for specific reasons. There is no other way to get speed boosters in the game. You cannot buy them with gems (I’ve looked), you get them for leveling up a new character and from BLCs, and now I can’t even get them out of those. I don’t know why you’d cheer taking something away from other players that they like, instead of getting on the side of seasonal items should an added perk, not a replacement for an entire slot.

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

~EW

I used to feel that way when I was always trying to farm stuff for gold. Now gold comes so much easier to me than it used to, I want the stuff I can’t buy with gold. I save those express items for emergencies. I use speed boosters for specific reasons. There is no other way to get speed boosters in the game. You cannot buy them with gems (I’ve looked), you get them for leveling up a new character and from BLCs, and now I can’t even get them out of those. I don’t know why you’d cheer taking something away from other players that they like, instead of getting on the side of seasonal items should an added perk, not a replacement for an entire slot.

Completely agree, couldn’t have said it better myself. Addition by subtraction is usually not a good thing.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

From what I’ve seen reported, it looks as if the “bonus” fourth slot is in the 10% range.

At least with the preview we get to see what’s being offered and know what chance pool each item falls in.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

Behellagh.1468

And I’m going to repeat the apparent organization of the preview.

1st item in the 1st row of common is the seasonal item in the 1st slot.
2nd – 7th in the 1st row of common are the items that will appear in the 2nd slot.
The 2nd row of common are the items that will appear in the 3rd slot.

Uncommon, Rare and Super Rare will drop in the random 4th slot with looks to be around 10%, data still to early to nail it down. If you get a duplicate bound on acquire item here that you already have, it will be converted into a key.

At least we know for certainty what’s in the pool and their “chance” classification as oppose to gathering data and guessing at it.

RIP City of Heroes

CMM.6712

Sure. I like the preview mode, I like the account progression idea. +2

(Some) People already feel they are getting gouged… in my opinion the season item thing only intensifies that. The seasonal item should be a bonus, or not included at all. -5

Seems like a lot of the time Anet is 2 steps forward and 3 steps back. This is not coming from a place of hate.

Behellagh.1468

Sorry, didn’t mean to be so harsh. It’s just there’s a lot of forum hate for lock boxes and too many think it’s a the path for quick gold rather than a fun thing to do on occasion. So I deleted that post.

RIP City of Heroes

CMM.6712

Sorry, didn’t mean to be so harsh. It’s just there’s a lot of forum hate for lock boxes and too many think it’s a the path for quick gold rather than a fun thing to do on occasion. So I deleted that post.

Thanks for that. I am of the once a week key farmer/got a lucky drop crowd. I know better.

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

~EW

tot bag farm is worth it because you get hundreds and thousands of tot bags doing so

getting ONE tot bag from a black lion chest IS worthless

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Posted by: Gaviston Hawkington.9647

Gaviston Hawkington.9647

I have 2 accounts. One with HoT and the other without.

Of course, I got the Grasping Phantom Glider on the account that doesn’t have HoT…sigh

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

tot bag , transmute charge, ticket scrap

Same thing I got from my appreciation key.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

There’s only 36 possible drop combinations just taking into account the 3 regular slots. Soon, people won’t even look at what they get in those 3 slots and consider it a “lose” if no 4th slot pops up.

Posted by: Pretty Pixie.8603

Pretty Pixie.8603

~EW

That’s a false equivalency, EW. People farm them because you can sell them in bulk for quite a profit. Getting a ToT bag in replacement of another, generally more profitable drop at a cost of 41.6 gems is in no way comparable.

Relentless Inquisition [PAIN] – FA

(edited by Pretty Pixie.8603)

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

2 appreciation chests:
2 ToT
2 Revival orbs
1 UniDye
1 BL Scrap (luckily on my main)

Posted by: Tiefsee.3647

Tiefsee.3647

I used 5 keys, with 250% luck and got at the last one the glider and on the way one unique unlocked (mini)

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I used 5 keys, with 250% luck and got at the last one the glider and on the way one unique unlocked (mini)

Just a comment. Black Lion chests aren’t affected by your magic find.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Magic_Find
Magic Find is both an account bonus and a character attribute that increases the chance to receive higher-quality loot from slain foes. With a couple exceptions, it does not affect containers (including champion loot bags), chests, or any other source of loot. The exceptions are:
1) Containers received from structured PvP reward tracks.
2) Divine Lucky Envelopes during Lunar New Year
3) Heart of Thorns meta event participation containers.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Tiefsee.3647

Tiefsee.3647

Magic Find is both an account bonus and a character attribute that increases the chance to receive higher-quality loot from slain foes. With a couple exceptions, it does not affect containers (including champion loot bags), chests, or any other source of loot. The exceptions are:

It worked and i don’t take any risk – one out of my guild told me he used 25 keys without luck boosters and 25 with luck boosters and got better stuff out of the boosted ones.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

It worked and i don’t take any risk – one out of my guild told me he used 25 keys without luck boosters and 25 with luck boosters and got better stuff out of the boosted ones.

50 chests huh. Well who can argue with a sample size like that.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Amaimon.7823

50 chests huh. Well who can argue with a sample size like that.

Now now, if you put that much sarcasm in one post, the forum might actually break as fragile as it is already.

@Tiefsee, it’s true. MF doesn’t affect BL-chests AT ALL. What your friend has something called ‘Negative Applause’ which means that you put in a criteria, then the outcome changes, and you claim its because of the criteria while its just a chance/random thing.

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Just got my free key from store which gave me a glider skins, cant complain its bad. But spending gems on it is a nogo as the drops are terrible.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Posted by: ToT.7018

ToT.7018

My free key gave me 1 ToT bag (anet stole my name lol) 1 transmute charge and 1 ticket scrap.
The ToT bag got me oontzs necklace of the ghoul so that was lucky.
But overall i think the ToT bag should just be an extra additional bonus and not a replacement for say a booster.

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

My free key gave me a ToT bag (throws into the pile of ToT bags), a Tome of Knowledge (throws into stack of ToK’s), and a Teleport to Friend thingy (throws into pile of ToF thingys).

Gee…thanks for the appreciation Anet. <.<

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Amaimon.7823

My free key gave me a ToT bag (throws into the pile of ToT bags), a Tome of Knowledge (throws into stack of ToK’s), and a Teleport to Friend thingy (throws into pile of ToF thingys).

Gee…thanks for the appreciation Anet. <.<

Hey, dont look a gifted horse in the mouth.

The ToF are still prety useful for map completion, guild missions on poorly mapped characters and getting heropoints

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Topic says it all 28 black lion chest keys not ONE uncommon item or better…

Topic title actually says the opposite. :s

Blood & Merlot [Wine]