in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

All good stuff. Can’t wait

28th patch notes are up

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

Nothing groundbreaking, but you sure can’t complain about getting comprehensive patches every couple of weeks.

Also, I’m extremely happy they are doing so much with Southsun Cove instead of letting it die. I just wish they’d hurry up and address some of the obvious build/skill issues like P/P Thieves, LB Rangers and Staff Eles. I think there’s something off with the design premise in those.

(edited by Einlanzer.1627)

28th patch notes are up

Posted by: Void.3254

Void.3254

I don’t mind everything else, although the precursor dropping from the chests in WvW seems too good to be true, probably 0.000001% anyway. But the WvW infusions are a joke. 1% increase? Please.

28th patch notes are up

Posted by: Jack of Tears.9458

Jack of Tears.9458

Loving all the stuff I’m seeing for new and temp content.

Alot of skill problems addressed – especially for under water.

Still no love for a couple classes with bum builds, like P/P Thieves.

Mostly a great update though, whoo!

I’m sorry I stepped outta yer box, don’ worry, if
ya whine enough they’ll put me right back.

28th patch notes are up

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

Good rewards for completing a meta event. Now for the meta event to be difficult…

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

28th patch notes are up

Posted by: Parlourbeatflex.5970

Parlourbeatflex.5970

Can anyone actually DL yet? Saw the forum message saying it was live yet I havnt had a build update or download yet….

Am i missing something?

28th patch notes are up

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

WvW Defensive infusion: -1% damage to guards and lords.

This has to be a typo.

28th patch notes are up

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

Can anyone actually DL yet? Saw the forum message saying it was live yet I havnt had a build update or download yet….

Am i missing something?

Not until you have files to download…But I did get mail in game saying something about the personal dungeon

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

28th patch notes are up

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

another pointless update..

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

28th patch notes are up

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

Underwhelming all around. There is no mention of fixing Orr except a mention of Lyssa. This will be a deal-breaker for some.

28th patch notes are up

Posted by: TinkTinkPOOF.9201

TinkTinkPOOF.9201

Being a tech head myself, are we ever going to see more detail under game performace/optimizations? That is other than the very generic “Continued optimizations”? More detail in this area in updates would be awesome for those of us that care to keep track. I would be happy even if it’s just the basics of what was done. But I am thinking this will never happen.

6700k@5GHz | 32GB RAM | 1TB 850 SSD | GTX980Ti | 27" 144Hz Gsync

28th patch notes are up

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

So..uh…what happened to PvE culling?

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

28th patch notes are up

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

So..uh…what happened to PvE culling?

They are working on it.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

28th patch notes are up

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Was never due this early. That has been said countless numbers of times

28th patch notes are up

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Underwhelming all around. There is no mention of fixing Orr except a mention of Lyssa. This will be a deal-breaker for some.

Then those people will leave. It’s pretty simple. I was in Orr today I had no problem there. But I’m not, and never will be, a farmer.

Those who are so obsessed with farming Orr that it’s all they care about, probably aren’t going to make a big difference to the game anyway.

28th patch notes are up

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Last I heard it was supposed to be in this patch ;/

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

28th patch notes are up

Posted by: Eyelusion.8205

Eyelusion.8205

For an update every 2 weeks with 3 in 6 weeks, I’m not underwhelmed by the content in each patch. However, over a 6 week timespan, I was hoping for a greater improvements in the wvw skill lag area. This can be a game breaker for some. I know content can be too, but broken areas I can always hope will be fixed before new is added…too bad it rarely comes true (can’t say never after wvw culling was fixed).

Ele’s Pwn J00!

28th patch notes are up

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Last I heard it was supposed to be in this patch ;/

They were in the preview for the patch before this one, but was a mistake, they have never given any information about when it will be added.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

28th patch notes are up

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

The problems with Orr does not deal with farming or farmers. It is a problem with the events scaling horribly to the point where they are broken and can’t realistically be completed on some servers.

28th patch notes are up

Raine.1394

Then those people will leave. It’s pretty simple. I was in Orr today I had no problem there. But I’m not, and never will be, a farmer.

Those who are so obsessed with farming Orr that it’s all they care about, probably aren’t going to make a big difference to the game anyway.

It has nothing to do with ‘farming’. It has to do with playing the game. Read the forums, try Grenth, try gates of Arah. Watch it fail. Try it again. Watch it fail again. Look at the open Temples on the new Bear site. This morning Grenth was contested on every single server in the GW2 universe. The problem is actually quite straightforward. Saying that everything is fine is not helping the game.

28th patch notes are up

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

Nothing groundbreaking, but you sure can’t complain about getting comprehensive patches every couple of weeks.

The WvW changes are huge – in a good way. Now you get decent reward for your time spent fighting in the mists.

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

28th patch notes are up

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

It has nothing to do with ‘farming’. It has to do with playing the game. Read the forums, try Grenth, try gates of Arah. Watch it fail. Try it again. Watch it fail again. Look at the open Temples on the new Bear site. This morning Grenth was contested on every single server in the GW2 universe. The problem is actually quite straightforward. Saying that everything is fine is not helping the game.

peope not knowing how to do grenth is a problem? o.o

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

28th patch notes are up

Posted by: Maldracai.2698

Maldracai.2698

I see they conveniently left out the invisible wall they erected around the un-instanced Salma District. Nice going Anet.

28th patch notes are up

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

Are there any crafting recipes in this or previous Southsun patches?

I can’t check myself right now, and I wouldn’t want to miss any.

28th patch notes are up

Eyelusion.8205

AntiGW,

I’m sure there’s some stealthed stuff that fell into this or things changed or added that they didn’t dictate as there’s always a few things. As to what they are, we’ll probably have to wait till the mass logs on as everyone gets home from work/etc as the patch just got done about half an hour ago.

I hope they added some crafting recipes. It’s getting rather stale for my chef. If not, let’s press for additions in the next patch.

There was no additional crafting in the previous Southsun patch that I could ever find, just more crafting with karka shells that were more expensive before the new events.

Ele’s Pwn J00!

28th patch notes are up

Posted by: naskarpa.5972

naskarpa.5972

Shouldn’t it read like
Defensive infusions provide players with -1% damage from guards and lords.
instead of
Defensive infusions provide players with -1% damage to guards and lords.
?

28th patch notes are up

Eyelusion.8205

Shouldn’t it read like
Defensive infusions provide players with -1% damage from guards and lords.
instead of
Defensive infusions provide players with -1% damage to guards and lords.
?

It should read that way, but you already understand it so it’s no big deal, right?

Ele’s Pwn J00!

28th patch notes are up

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

There’s no reason to do Grenth, hence why it’s never done. If they added some exclusive vendor (aka Balthazar), it would get done more. Most people take the path of least resistance.

28th patch notes are up

Vayne.8563

I don’t say that everything is fine. You can find my complaints in numbers of threads. They’re not the same complaints as yours.

I HAD assumed you were talking about the farming problems, however, due to the massive number of threads by farmers in the last few days, so for that I apologize.

But stop saying I say nothings wrong, because it’s a demonstrable lie.

(edited by Vayne.8563)

28th patch notes are up

Raine.1394

There’s no reason to do Grenth, hence why it’s never done. If they added some exclusive vendor (aka Balthazar), it would get done more. Most people take the path of least resistance.

Not so on my server. When it’s up, someone is attempting it. The problem is that it almost always fails, at least 9 times out of 10, probably more.

28th patch notes are up

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

Not so on my server. When it’s up, someone is attempting it. The problem is that it almost always fails, at least 9 times out of 10, probably more.

I’m always up for the challenge. I keep hoping they make the world bosses equally as difficult with fail conditions. I hope the Karka queen is as hard.

28th patch notes are up

Raine.1394

I don’t say that everything is fine. You can find my complaints in numbers of threads. They’re not the same complaints as yours.

I HAD assumed you were talking about the farming problems, however, due to the massive number of threads by farmers in the last few days, so for that I apologize.

No lying here. You said you had no problem with Orr. If you were playing the content there and not farming, you would have to have problems in Orr because for any significant content (DE chains other than plinx (cf. Arah) and all temple fights now) it almost always fails. In my book perpetual failure is a problem; maybe your mileage varies here.

28th patch notes are up

Posted by: gothicat.5970

gothicat.5970

I see they conveniently left out the invisible wall they erected around the un-instanced Salma District. Nice going Anet.

WTG Anet, just pea off the majority of your paying playerbase.

28th patch notes are up

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

No lying here. You said you had no problem with Orr. If you were playing the content there and not farming, you would have to have problems in Orr because for any significant content (DE chains other than plinx (cf. Arah) and all temple fights now) it almost always fails. In my book perpetual failure is a problem; maybe your mileage varies here.

You should just teach people how to do the temple events. Almost all of them are rather doable by anybody. The only thing that requires special attention is grenth. And it’s surprising to see the amount of people who don’t know the strategies to do with Grenth. The last time I did it, minutes before the event (after failing twice in a row), I held a “Grenth clinic”, telling people the general strategies on what to do, how to survive Grenth’s rooftop teleport, where to stay if you’re on offense/defense, etc. I’m not saying it’s because of me, but after that, we actually finished the event (after a lol moment where jonez ran straight to the risen knight’s aoe swoop and killing himself instantly :p).

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

28th patch notes are up

Posted by: Ision.3207

Ision.3207

Well, at least they added Carrion and Valkyrie ascended items !

…………………………

……………………………..

Just kidding !

Colin Johanson to Eurogamer: "Everyone, including casual gamers,
by level 80 should have the best statistical loot in the game.
We want everyone on an equal power base.”

28th patch notes are up

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

It’s mostly a WvW and Living Story update. Don’t expect any decent profession-specific changes other than a couple bug fixes. Overall, I’m excited for the new content.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

28th patch notes are up

Posted by: Sythus.2396

Sythus.2396

The WvW updates seem good. I hope the chests make more people play WvW. And a solo dungeon plus an explorable one is okay in my books! Good update nothing to complain about from me.

28th patch notes are up

Posted by: RoterFuchs.9216

RoterFuchs.9216

Just that neither of them deserve to be called dungeons. both can be completed within ~4min each.

28th patch notes are up

Vayne.8563

I can’t remember the last time I failed an event in Orr, except for the one of the big temple events. Maybe it’s because I’m on Tarnished Coast, and even with most of the population in Southsun, we have enough people in Orr to complete events.

In fact, before Southsun became the major farming spot, we had the temples opened every day on Tarnished Coast at some points. So yeah, my mileage is definitely varying.

People are in Southsun because it’s good farming and new content. Southsun ends in a week or so and more people are likely to be in Orr again and the problem will likely fix itself….at least on my server.

28th patch notes are up

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

Finally!!!!! iZerker is fixed!!!!!!!………….nvm this message is for 2015.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

28th patch notes are up

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

Teh notes, they are bugggy.

Polish > hype