300 badges of honor in 2 days? hmm

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ishbaal.1503

Ishbaal.1503

kinda defeats the whole premise of having to do all parts of the game line they have been using all this time. that is 3/5 of the way to the needed 500 for the gift.

oh and since i wvw mainly….
could i receive 3/5 of my charged lodestones the next two days?

thanks!

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

I’m wondering this as well. After saving up a couple thousand hoping for new rewards or cooler stuff to buy, it doesn’t seem likely now that they are handing them out like candy.

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: captaincrash.6528

captaincrash.6528

Keep in mind new players will have to work for this, everyone is getting them now because they’ve worked for the achievement points earlier.

Crash ~ Charr Reaper

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

if you play only wvw and if you arent unexperienced then this is no problem

if you grind only cof all day with a good team and max goldfind then your charged loadstones would be no problem too

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

Only 1 legendary(for 2 or more you already would need a lot more badges)… – badges can be used for other stuff(blueprints, gear at WvW vendors for coints + badges).

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

I can get well over 500 in a day roaming with the zerg for 12+ hours. All it takes is large AoE to keep on tagging as many people as you can.

Posted by: Ishbaal.1503

Ishbaal.1503

if you play only wvw and if you arent unexperienced then this is no problem

if you grind only cof all day with a good team and max goldfind then your charged loadstones would be no problem too

that is my point. i have tons of badges. have spent close to 2-3k of them as well. 300 badges does nothing for me, like you and the other poster showed.

But for those CoF farmers and players who only play pve this just saved them a lot of time and effort. So again…

can i get 3/5 of my charged lodestones?

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I got 300 badges alone today from this 1 chest. 200 from the chest on the side of the screen and another 150 from the bonus chest in our inventory.

I guess they just want us buying more siege or somethung huh? I see no big issues with this, just more free stuff – never complain at free stoof pl0x! Actually it’s not free since we kinda worked for it but you know what I mean. :P

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

The copious volumes of badges of honour and other hard to obtain legend-components make me wonder if the 5,000 or 7,500 reward isn’t going to turn out to be a precursor of your choice or something.

It WOULD be the most logical way to give players a precursor after a long list of accomplishments…

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

The copious volumes of badges of honour and other hard to obtain legend-components make me wonder if the 5,000 or 7,500 reward isn’t going to turn out to be a precursor of your choice or something.

It WOULD be the most logical way to give players a precursor after a long list of accomplishments…

I have a feeling if this was a possibility it would probably be at the 20, 50 or even 100k mark if anywhere…..

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

But for those CoF farmers and players who only play pve this just saved them a lot of time and effort. So again…

Sure just buy them with the free gold you are getting everyday
And if prices too high wait till it drops a bit :S

Posted by: Kojiden.8405

Kojiden.8405

You have to understand the reason we’re getting this all at once is because we’ve been playing the game for awhile. Under normal circumstances you would not be getting an achievement chest every day.

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

why do you complain when you are given more? you should not be complaining!

Posted by: Csele.1647

Csele.1647

yea thx god.. its just what i needed.. it was a nightmare playing in so much lag wvw.. and no rewardd.. sweet!

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

I know right?!?!

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

the gift of jumping is such a little part in the process of crafting a legendary that all the gift of mastery itself was already something you really didn’t worry about it

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

that is my point. i have tons of badges. have spent close to 2-3k of them as well. 300 badges does nothing for me, like you and the other poster showed.

Me, being a simple not grinding player here, you know what difference did it make? I went from “maybe I’ll have enough money to buy a legendary one day” to “maybe I’ll have enough money to craft a legendary one day”. When it comes to loot WvW gives you loot too. I’m nowhere closer to getting a legendary than you are.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I know right?!?!

The problem is inflation… if you print more money, then those who have money saved lose out as their money is now worth less. So those who have saved badges lose out in this case because any future item that costs badges will likely be more expensive to compensate for the easier access to badges.

I personally don’t like this because I feel badges should only be awarded for WvW activity — I’d be happy if badges were taken out of the JP’s entirely.

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

could i receive 3/5 of my charged lodestones the next two days?

It’s really funny how you think 300 badges of honor takes the same amount of time to get as 60 charged lodestones. ^^

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

when we talk about inflation in a game and how to keep it under control, i really think we got a problem

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Posted by: Kitsune.1902

Kitsune.1902

You’re actually complaining the badges come too easily through achievement system? You have to realize that those badges come per ACCOUNT, not per character. They represent the entire achievements you’ve done across all your characters, ever. Not just one or two days worth. A few hundred badges is next to nothing, when you look at the big picture. It does give the people who don’t enjoy PvP at all, an alternative for getting some of the badges for their first legendary, and for that I think it’s a good idea. (They still need to do full mapping, including the WvW zones).

Posted by: rogerwilko.6895

rogerwilko.6895

not everyone is able to play 12h / day.
not everyone plays a staff guardian and smashes #1.
not everyone is on a server that has a good zerg/able commanders.

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

It isn’t. Don’t be ridiculous.

And particularly don’t start creating such expectations, because in the end the forum will be full of nonsense topics like “omg I didn’t get any precursor from achievement chests kitten you anet!”.

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

I know right?!?!

The problem is inflation… if you print more money, then those who have money saved lose out as their money is now worth less. So those who have saved badges lose out in this case because any future item that costs badges will likely be more expensive to compensate for the easier access to badges.

I personally don’t like this because I feel badges should only be awarded for WvW activity — I’d be happy if badges were taken out of the JP’s entirely.

Except like these badges are not trade-able, unlike money. So inflation doesn’t apply.

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Think about it this way.

You’ve just joined the game and are starting with 0 AP. When you get to 500 AP you get a nice bonus…..then another 500Ap later you get the next bonus.

It seems excessive to us right now because we’re getting the chests retroactively. Think how overwhelming it would have been to get them all at once!! o.O

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

I know right?!?!

Badges are not a tradeably currency, so no inflation doesn’t apply

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

I feel like the devs put the badges in there for some of those pve players that whined about having to do wvw for legendaries

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

Posted by: Bartas.4908

Bartas.4908

I can get well over 500 in a day roaming with the zerg for 12+ hours. All it takes is large AoE to keep on tagging as many people as you can.

case closed
Proud member of [BOO]
Thief/Necro/Guardian/Mesmer/Elementalist of SFR EU

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Keep in mind new players will have to work for this, everyone is getting them now because they’ve worked for the achievement points earlier.

Yes, but so far, in order to earn WvW badges, you had to do WvW. (Similarly, if you want fractals gear, you have to do fractals.)

With the achievement chests, you can get the badges without ever stepping foot in WvW.

To me, that kind of defeats the purpose of those badges.

Disclaimer: I’m not a WvW player

Posted by: Eridani.8317

Eridani.8317

Again, as some people have said, this isn’t an issue. Normally it would take a few weeks of play, at the least, to get to the next chest.

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

I appreciate it XD
I’m not that into wvw and it saves me time farming badge in zerg. (not that I will leave wvw forever, I find it more and more interesting. But my current goal is legendary and it gets me there a little sooner.)

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

The problem is not 300 badges: it’s giving badges for completing PvE stuff. I started WvW when I got 900 achi points and by my 1000, I had maybe 200 badges maximum. I spent time to learn how to play in WvW. Now by 1000 achi points, you don’t even need to have joined even once any WvW field and you have 300 badges.

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

Posted by: CrossedHorse.4261

CrossedHorse.4261

Well, I guess WvWers get PvE stuff for not doing any of that with their achievement chests, right? So it balances out?

AntiGw.9367

The problem is not 300 badges: it’s giving badges for completing PvE stuff. I started WvW when I got 900 achi points and by my 1000, I had maybe 200 badges maximum. I spent time to learn how to play in WvW. Now by 1000 achi points, you don’t even need to have joined even once any WvW field and you have 300 badges.

The chests also give you things you don’t get by playing WvW. Do you deserve to get them without playing PvE?

Yes.

Mirta.5029

Yes, but so far, in order to earn WvW badges, you had to do WvW. (Similarly, if you want fractals gear, you have to do fractals.)

you forgot that most of the fractal was made buyable with laurels and badges. The onlything unique to fractals left is ascended backpacks and some skins.

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

Offering badges for completing PvE stuff is really odd, I have to say.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It seems to me that the Achievement Reward chests have something for everyone, no matter where their focus in the game lies….PvE, PvP, WvW.

I can’t see how ArenaNet could personalize the chest to your particular playstyle, so they just put a little something in for everyone, no matter where they play. =)

Oh, and maybe they thought some people would see some rewards from a playstyle different than their own, and think: ‘Cool….maybe I will try that out to get some more of those things!’ Just a thought. =)

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)

Posted by: Jemmi.6058

Jemmi.6058

It seems to me that the Achievement Reward chests have something for everyone, no matter where their focus in the game lies….Pve, PvP, WvW.

I can’t see how ArenaNet could personalize the chest to your particular playstyle, so they just put a little something in for everyone, no matter where they play. =)

Hmm, maybe just my luck, but every single item I got was for PvP. Badges, blueprints, PvP armor, PvP glory booster (oh and a box of fun!)

Mirta.5029

Hmm, maybe just my luck, but every single item I got was for PvP. Badges, blueprints, PvP armor, PvP glory booster (oh and a box of fun!)

but you also gotten laurels and gold. Not to mention weapon skins. These things are typically considered PVE items.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It seems to me that the Achievement Reward chests have something for everyone, no matter where their focus in the game lies….Pve, PvP, WvW.

Really? That’s odd. I got those things from my PvP chest. I got boosters, and mystic forge stones, res stones, and other stuff from the Achievement chest.

Posted by: Safer Saviour.9685

Safer Saviour.9685

It’s worth remembering that these AP badges aren’t so simple as a 2-day reward. These badges come from Achievements and are retroactively awarded. Considering that 3500 points is the 90th percentile, it’s likely that new players won’t obtain their badges for weeks if not months.

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

you forgot that most of the fractal was made buyable with laurels and badges. The onlything unique to fractals left is ascended backpacks and some skins.

To my knowledge, that is incorrect. You can buy ascended jewellery with laurels, but those won’t give you agony resistance and so they’re useless in higher fractals.

Infusions that give +agony resistance can only be obtained by using fractal tokens.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Infusion

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

As a non pvper I kinda wish there was some way of selling these or turning them in for gold.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Jemmi.6058

Good call peeps, I forgot about the Mystic Forge stone, gold and Laurels. I don’t think that Gold and Laurels are PvE only though? I mean there is a Laurel vendor in WvW and you need money in WvW too. How is a weapon skin a PvE thing?

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

when we talk about inflation in a game and how to keep it under control, i really think we got a problem

Dude it’s basically half of what you need for a new pink amulet. Are we seriously complaining about inflation in the Badges of Honor market? _

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

AntiGw.9367

To my knowledge, that is incorrect. You can buy ascended jewellery with laurels, but those won’t give you agony resistance and so they’re useless in higher fractals.

Infusions that give +agony resistance can only be obtained by using fractal tokens.

That is incorrect also. Infusions can be made in Mystic Forge.

Jemmi.6058

That is incorrect also. Infusions can be made in Mystic Forge.

In order to infuse in the MF you need Vials/globe from Fractals, so the point is still there.

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

The chests also give you things you don’t get by playing WvW. Do you deserve to get them without playing PvE?

Yes.

Like what? Oh yeah, 1 revive orb. Well, I never used one; I don’t think I will ever. Especially for a legendary.

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

I got 8k of them now.. can’t wait till I can buy that ascended backpiece for badges….

Oh wait..

Posted by: Lily Miranda.5407

Lily Miranda.5407

kinda defeats the whole premise of having to do all parts of the game

Not true. Achievement points are gained by doing all parts of the game.

Now a person can get their legendary by doing what they like. Not everyone likes following a zerg around spamming AoE.