300 badges of honor in 2 days? hmm

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

I actually considered it reward for play. I think Anet has done a good job in making the rewards retroactive and including laurels. Definitely moving in the right direction.

Posted by: TheDraco.3965

TheDraco.3965

WvWvW should not even be part of the legendaries in the first place.

/thread

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

To my knowledge, that is incorrect. You can buy ascended jewellery with laurels, but those won’t give you agony resistance and so they’re useless in higher fractals.

Infusions that give +agony resistance can only be obtained by using fractal tokens.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Infusion

That is incorrect also. Infusions can be made in Mystic Forge.

In order to infuse in the MF you need Vials/globe from Fractals, so the point is still there.

No, you don’t. You need 20 mystic coins, 5 skills points, and matertials.

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

What if Anet is planning on turning Badges into an Exotic tier drop? People would be welcoming this gift at that point.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

WvWvW should not even be part of the legendaries in the first place.

/thread

Considering the prestige that a legendary is (supposed) to carry, yes, WvW should absolutely be part of it.

Posted by: docMed.7692

docMed.7692

could i receive 3/5 of my charged lodestones the next two days?

It’s really funny how you think 300 badges of honor takes the same amount of time to get as 60 charged lodestones. ^^

Agreed. No where comparable.

Posted by: Jemmi.6058

Jemmi.6058

To my knowledge, that is incorrect. You can buy ascended jewellery with laurels, but those won’t give you agony resistance and so they’re useless in higher fractals.

Infusions that give +agony resistance can only be obtained by using fractal tokens.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Infusion

That is incorrect also. Infusions can be made in Mystic Forge.

In order to infuse in the MF you need Vials/globe from Fractals, so the point is still there.

No, you don’t. You need 20 mystic coins, 5 skills points, and matertials.

How I have done it in the past, and how it is listed on the wiki here: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Infused_equipment

Upgrade a regular ascended ring in the Mystic Forge using 1 Shard of Crystallized Mists Essence, 3 Globs of Coagulated Mists Essence, and 5 Vials of Condensed Mists Essence.

I guess you are talking more about these: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Versatile_Healing_Infusion? (and other similar types)
In which case you are correct, I forgot about those.

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

As a non pvper I kinda wish there was some way of selling these or turning them in for gold.

Turn in badges for siege blueprints, sell siege blueprints on the trading post. I believe rams and arrowcarts are your best badge to silver ratio.

You’re welcome! (a WvW’er who is loving all the cheap TP siege right now.)

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

As a player that doesn’t like WvW much and hates JP’s with a passion !
These badges are more than welcome,
keeps me from doing crap I do not want to do.

(NOT all players want to relive Mario Bros. and NOT all players like the idea of Mario Wars 2)

A PVE player should never be forced to go into PVP to get something that is clearly more of a PVE related item !

Posted by: Wryog.5073

Wryog.5073

I think a lot of people are forgetting that legendaries are supposed to be given for playing all parts of the game. Sadly, that idea was apparently scrapped when s/tPvP didn’t get into the legendary recipe. It shouldn’t be hard to make a gift for PvP bought with a million glory or something like that. I guess arenanet just keep trying to turn legendaries into PvE-only skins.

Wryog [WBC] – elementalist
Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Imagine the QQ if you actually had to be good at spvp to get a legendary. Guys farming for legendary weapons: fight! You get more badges fighting than jumping. Wvw is watered down pvp and most people are easily defeated if you are more practiced (which you should be if you’re serious enough to get the ultimate shiny).

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

Posted by: Villious.8530

Villious.8530

This topic is a perfect example of how devs are kittened if they do, and kittened it they don’t.

Posted by: Lily Miranda.5407

Lily Miranda.5407

Imagine the QQ if you actually had to be good at spvp to get a legendary. Guys farming for legendary weapons: fight! You get more badges fighting than jumping. Wvw is watered down pvp and most people are easily defeated if you are more practiced (which you should be if you’re serious enough to get the ultimate shiny).

There would be a ton of QQ from sPvPers because of all the afk players that would join sPvP.

It happened in WoW when they made decent non-raiding gear available in PvP. You’d load up a battleground and 10 to 20% of players on both sides would be afk. It also happened in Age of Conan. Same problem, same reasons.

Having a complete separation of PvE and sPvP, including some skills, was the best thing Anet did for sPvP, and I hope sPvPers are thankful for it.

Posted by: Lily Miranda.5407

Lily Miranda.5407

This topic is a perfect example of how devs are kittened if they do, and kittened it they don’t.

There is a huge difference between “I want a greater variety of ways to get X” and “I don’t want other players to get X.”

HUGE difference.

Anet should continue providing a variety of ways to get items. Keep in mind these achievement chests are not being handed out for nothing. Check out the leader boards, 70th percentile is less than 2000 points. 80th is mostly less than 3000. It’s not as though every player will be running around with thousands of “free” badges and 6 zenith weapon skins.

Posted by: Amenaza.8346

Amenaza.8346

As a passionate WvW player I am very happy that this new system of free Badges provides an alternative for PvE-Zerkers, who are not really interested in actual WvW to begin with, so they dont clog up the queues anymore.
And given the fact that our guild raid yields somthing in between of 70-200 badges within 3-5 hours (one evening), I could not care less about an extra of 100 badges.

To those arguing about the legendary-game-coverage: It might have been a concept before release that crafting a legendary would require you to ‘master’ all aspects of the game, but since release anet clearly moved away from that towards the opposite. Hypothetically you could just buy one via real money, without playing the game at all. Or by just farming gold in CoF, flipping the TP (which also could be argued as not playing the game) or [insert secret gold-grinding here]. Anything else is riddled with abysmal rng all over the place, because anet has removed any reliable method of retrieving certain crafting materials.
So the free badges can in fact be seen as a consistent change in the spirit of pidgeonholing players into a tiny fraction of the game if they ever want to acquire a legendary.

FSP
[echo]
I do not speak in the name of my guild

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Keep in mind new players will have to work for this, everyone is getting them now because they’ve worked for the achievement points earlier.

Yes, but so far, in order to earn WvW badges, you had to do WvW. (Similarly, if you want fractals gear, you have to do fractals.)

With the achievement chests, you can get the badges without ever stepping foot in WvW.

To me, that kind of defeats the purpose of those badges.

Disclaimer: I’m not a WvW player

Agreed.

Posted by: Villious.8530

Villious.8530

There is a huge difference between “I want a greater variety of ways to get X” and “I don’t want other players to get X.”

HUGE difference.

Anet should continue providing a variety of ways to get items. Keep in mind these achievement chests are not being handed out for nothing. Check out the leader boards, 70th percentile is less than 2000 points. 80th is mostly less than 3000. It’s not as though every player will be running around with thousands of “free” badges and 6 zenith weapon skins.

I’m agreeing with you Lily. :-)

Posted by: Loading.4503

Loading.4503

I personally don’t care about the badges even though I’m mostly a wvwer, but I think a better example would be saying can I get 3/5 of my dungeon tokens also instead of lodestones. You gotta wvw for badges, you gotta pve for tokens. And IMO they’re both easy and hard to come by depending on your situation.

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

I’m not opposed to us getting Badges of Honor this way per se, but it seems contrary to the stated goals of the Legendary Weapon process to allow players to skip one whole leg of content when working towards your Legendary is supposed to require you to go everywhere and do everything. Now since you can sell Legendaries their philosophy on this point is obviously not airtight, but it still seems a bit weird.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

I’m not opposed to us getting Badges of Honor this way per se, but it seems contrary to the stated goals of the Legendary Weapon process to allow players to skip one whole leg of content when working towards your Legendary is supposed to require you to go everywhere and do everything. Now since you can sell Legendaries their philosophy on this point is obviously not airtight, but it still seems a bit weird.

It simply makes the process easier. There’s nothing wrong with making legendaries slightly easier to get. And it’s not like they just give you the whole 500 badges for it, you still have to work for the rest.

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

People complain because it is something they already have in abundance and do not like other players getting them as easy now. it’s a common legendary weapon holder mindset. Now that I have it, I don’t want others to get it so easily so I feel 1337?

Posted by: Asur.2510

Asur.2510

As a primarily WvW player, I don’t particularly care if the achievement system rewards Badges of Honor. They were already easy to get in the jumping puzzles for anyone wanting to avoid WvW fighting.

I’m curious where my free Ascalonian Tears are though.

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

Eh, I don’t have a problem with giving badges in the achievement chests, and this is coming from a guy who rarely plays WvW and had just about finished collecting his 500 badges when the AP chests started handing them out like candy.

I think it’s little bit extreme to suggest that 500 badges and 100 charged lodestones are the WvW/PvE equivalents. I don’t particularly enjoy WvW but I thought the badges were gross easy compared to the lodestones (yeah, unfortunately I also needed charged).

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

Posted by: OmniPotentes.4817

OmniPotentes.4817

I don’t feel “rewarded” but thank you for the free junk.

I got badges coming out the wazoo allready. I have no clue what to do with them. I was playing WvW and running OS on a daily basis back in the days when Orr was a populated place and T6 mats dropped like candy.

I’m saving the badges to gear up my alts once they hit 80 but in an attempt to keep up with the current rate of content release I have no time to invest in leveling my alts.

Personally i find the AP rewards regardless of the argument whether they are free or not quite disappointing. I maxed out all crafts ages ago. Crafting boosters are pointless to me. My slow DSL internet connection makes PvP play impossible so I got no use for PvP armor. I have played this game from beta but have sofar not even glanced at the PvP locker. I have 15 stacks of badges that I don’t know what to do with cluttering up my inventory.

It would be nice if Anet started rewarding us with 100; 150 or stacks of T6 mats to make up for the fact I didn’t get to farm Orr in the good old days.

The point I’m trying to make is that rewards should either be basic/ general like coin and laurels; or people should get more choices. Don’t need badges? In that case have some T6.
Now I understand badges can’t be traded or sold; while t6 mats can. This might destabilize the market but that’s beside the point.

I just hope they had allowed more choices instead of cluttering up my inventory with junk I end up deleting. Such a waste of what otherwise could have been a nice reward system.

I’ll end my whining on a positive note by making a suggestion for a reward everyone would be happy to have and perhaps even strive for. How about rewarding us with extra character and/ or bank slots beyond the current max? Or 40 or even 50 slot storage bags, satchels or boxes. Now that’s a reward everyone would use and want.

(edited by OmniPotentes.4817)

AntiGw.9367

I have 15 stacks of badges that I don’t know what to do with cluttering up my inventory.

You can use them to buy siege items, and sell the siege items on TP. They are no longer account-bound.

Then buy T6 mats with the money.

Posted by: OmniPotentes.4817

OmniPotentes.4817

I have 15 stacks of badges that I don’t know what to do with cluttering up my inventory.

You can use them to buy siege items, and sell the siege items on TP. They are no longer account-bound.

I run OS on almost a daily basis and also have at least 50 of each siege item cluttering my bank space! They could have saved us the hassle by just rewarding us with extra coin.

(edited by OmniPotentes.4817)

AntiGw.9367

I run OS on almost a daily basis and got at least 50 of each siege item cluttering my bank space!

Great. Suprior Siege Golems sell for 1g on TP.

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

It simply makes the process easier. There’s nothing wrong with making legendaries slightly easier to get. And it’s not like they just give you the whole 500 badges for it, you still have to work for the rest.

It’s probable that the remaining chests will also have badges, so yeah, they are giving you the ability to skip the WvW component of Legendary completion altogether.

I’m not saying it’s bad for Legendaries to be made slightly easier to get. I’m anxiously awaiting whatever it is they’re going to be doing to make it less silly to get your Precursor. But it still seems weird that they’re basically cutting out a whole section of the process for everyone who hasn’t already made their Legendary. Everyone is going to be swimming in badges.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.