300 empty labyrinth maps

300 empty labyrinth maps

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I just spent the last 40 minutes loading in and out of the labyrinth map, in and out, in and out… and GW putting me in one empty map after the other. Ocne, the game suggested I leave the empty map, and put me in another empty map. And they’re all different maps, with /ip all the way up to 300.

I can’t find a populated labyrinth for the life of me.

I ran it solo for a while but that gets pretty old pretty fast, especially as the labyrinthine horror is on the loose in pretty much all the empty maps. Probably why they’re empty.

I… didn’t get an MMO to solo world bosses

300 empty labyrinth maps

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Same here. Wasn’t map-swapping, but I was in the labyrinth for 2 hours and only saw a handful of people running small door events while avoiding the legendary bosses (especially that darned Labyrinthine Horror which will run around and butcher individual players). And I never once got an invitation to leave the instance either, so the game apparently thinks that handful of people is populated enough.

I can’t believe its so empty already. I was expecting a few days of achievement hunters and such down there at least.

300 empty labyrinth maps

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

I haven’t seen more than 10 people in there yet. It’s like the population cap was severely reduced or something. The one populated instance I found only had about 6 people in it, though we did kill all the bosses.

300 empty labyrinth maps

Posted by: Shaaba.5672

Shaaba.5672

Look for taxis. I have jumped in and out of the lab several times tonight and haven’t had a problem finding one. Several empty maps existing shouldn’t happen, but at least we have this band-aid.

300 empty labyrinth maps

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I was in a few very well populated maps right after the patch.

I am convinced that some maps have a zerg going, but WHYYYYYY, GW2, is it so hard to put me in those maps? Right after announcing that you’ve now learned to close empty maps?

300 empty labyrinth maps

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

Something seems off. I was trying to get into a map with my party and it kept saying it was full. The party kept telling me it didn’t seem like there were that many players there. When i finally got in, that seemed like the case.

300 empty labyrinth maps

Posted by: Asgaeroth.6427

Asgaeroth.6427

it’s only putting 20 people in the maps before it opens a new one, you can go in the portal 500 times and find 500 different commanders leading around 8 people. just bad on every level.

300 empty labyrinth maps

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

I just tried 5 maps and all but one were only a handful of people, the one other only had a guild of 10 in there and kept on getting wiped to the lich. Something seems broken, or maybe Anet drastically reduced the map pops on purpose, would be nice to know either way. Not really much fun going in there right now.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

300 empty labyrinth maps

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

It’s probably a bug where they set the max population too low. Something like that should get fixed soon.
I was on a few decent ones earlier. Even took out the lich. You could try to form your own: just get a few friends to all make LFG saying they are a taxi to a populated map

300 empty labyrinth maps

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Look for taxis.

I tried, but everybody else on my contact list is also on empty maps.

And it can’t be the max population / hard cap as I was in maps with TONS of players earlier today. Enough for the 3 boss-bosses to melt.

300 empty labyrinth maps

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I noticed the map I was in seemed strangely empty. I was expecting a horde of people but it was a smallish group following a commander. It got the events done ok, but eventually of course it fell apart as people left and not enough were left to be effective. I just thought it was a slow time or something.

300 empty labyrinth maps

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Twice this evening I attempted entering a door portal a number of times and only got loaded into fairly empty maps before I used the LFG to get taxied over to ones with activity. I agree, something seems off with how the system is placing players into maps. It’s like it’s reading them as full when they aren’t since no new players join those mostly empty maps.

300 empty labyrinth maps

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I managed to get on a fully populated map only by joining in on someone already on one. They REALLY need to fix the way you join new maps.

1. You need to be able to view a list of all active maps, with populations listed, and choose the one you want to join at will.

2. If you try to join a hard capped map, you need to be able to queue up for that map, so that as people leave, you get auto-placed in, so you don’t need to just stand there clicking “join” repeatedly until you get in.

Until they fix it though, I’ll remind you to make good use of the LFG tool. If you find yourself on an empty map, go to the Living World section and say something like “LF populated Labyrinth.” Chances are there are maps with enough people to get by but that could use a few more.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

300 empty labyrinth maps

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

Look for taxis.

I tried, but everybody else on my contact list is also on empty maps.

And it can’t be the max population / hard cap as I was in maps with TONS of players earlier today. Enough for the 3 boss-bosses to melt.

LFG tool – Open World Content. I’ve barely had to wait for a taxi to pop up when i wanted to get in to a populated Lab.

300 empty labyrinth maps

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I just solo the boss, then I eat breakfast.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

300 empty labyrinth maps

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

Sorry, but lol at IPs “all the way up to 300”.

300 empty labyrinth maps

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Same here. Wasn’t map-swapping, but I was in the labyrinth for 2 hours and only saw a handful of people running small door events while avoiding the legendary bosses (especially that darned Labyrinthine Horror which will run around and butcher individual players). And I never once got an invitation to leave the instance either, so the game apparently thinks that handful of people is populated enough.

That kittening Horror. I was with a group of 5 last night when he plowed through us in an attempt to ruin our night. We got him near the door and just kept throwing our limp corpses at him until his joined ours on top of the heap, just like in the old days of dungeoneering.

It sounds like ANet is considering 5 players a full map for the labyrinth ;(

300 empty labyrinth maps

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

That kittening Horror. I was with a group of 5 last night when he plowed through us in an attempt to ruin our night. We got him near the door and just kept throwing our limp corpses at him until his joined ours on top of the heap, just like in the old days of dungeoneering.

Our group was fighting that Candy Corn Boss and right at the end the Labyrinthine Horror suddenly got in the middle of the fight. Which didn’t help matters any I can tell you that. :/

300 empty labyrinth maps

Posted by: That Guy.5704

That Guy.5704

yea I did too.

300 empty labyrinth maps

Posted by: Lobo Dela Noche.5127

Lobo Dela Noche.5127

Sounds like they found a way to get rid of zerg events for the holidays. Just cap the amount of players per map lol.

300 empty labyrinth maps

Posted by: KngGilgamesh.3481

KngGilgamesh.3481

Our group was fighting that Candy Corn Boss and right at the end the Labyrinthine Horror suddenly got in the middle of the fight. Which didn’t help matters any I can tell you that. :/

Has happened a few times to me too. The horror is crazy like that…

300 empty labyrinth maps

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Yep, that one was funny.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

300 empty labyrinth maps

Posted by: Yunielesca.2850

Yunielesca.2850

That’s really boring to be at most 15 people, really…