4th year birthday Gift Sadness--Resolved

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Last Warrior Lord.7248

Last Warrior Lord.7248

I need help. Please help spread the word.

I’m going to keep this nice and simple. I logged on like I do everyday like everyone else. I notice mail notification. Checked it and yes its my 4th year gift Iv been waiting on. Opened it and boom everything is A o.k. but there is a catch I did not received my backpack. That’s fine so I double click the birthday card (5000 karma). Still did not receive the backpack or the achievement. So, that’s fine I send a ticket. Gave all the necessary information needed. Despite all the effort they (GM Stinky Ghost (Guild Wars 2 Support)) said, “Please keep in mind that I’ll be unable to unlock the achievement for you but I’d like to investigate this further in case of a potential anomaly.”

That’s fine. So waited a day. No feedback. 4 day later still no answer. So I’m asking any GM and players to help me spread this message to solve this issue. I’m a long support vet guild wars player I never ask for any request or help unless it is a bugs/in-game items missing or botting issue.

Here are some pictures for proof:

Attachments:

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Have you tried speaking to the Birthday NPC in LA? Just in case. Logging out and back in, completely? Repairing your client?

Nothing the forum can do for you, really, if the CS Team can’t help you. Your only real recourse is to update your ticket.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

They’ve given other people another backpack. Surely they can send you one.

A big THANK YOU to the GM that helped me out and exchanged backpacks for me, I’m really happy to have my top choice instead of my first pick

Continue talking to them. (They won’t be able to give you the title though).

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Last Warrior Lord.7248

Last Warrior Lord.7248

Have you tried speaking to the Birthday NPC in LA? Just in case. Logging out and back in, completely? Repairing your client?

Nothing the forum can do for you, really, if the CS Team can’t help you. Your only real recourse is to update your ticket.

Thank you sir I was not aware of the Birthday NPC. Thank you.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You are most welcome.

I’m surprised the CS Team member didn’t suggest it. You might consider updating your ticket to inform him/her that the issue was solved, and give him/her the solution.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I assume this is your first 4th birthday?

If it is and you do get you backpack via help from above suggestions, then the next advice is to choose wisely. You get one choice per account only. There may be another choice for your fifth birthday, but any other toons hitting 4th year will not get another backpack as it stands right now.

It will save hassle if you know in advance to be sure of your choice

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Closing, as this was resolved with a visit to the Birthday NPC.

In the future, please note that follow-ups for tickets should appear only in the Support Forum, in the sticky post entitled “Tickets for Review.” The forums should never be used to try to expedite a ticket, nor ask others to rally around to get expedited help. Thanks.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet