80lvl boost -throwing all maps into garbage

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nuggi.7861

Nuggi.7861

I agree with OP, and this is gonna be my goodbye to GW2 if Anet don’t compensate all the tons of gems we have bought to create guildhall.
I feel laughed at – I mean, someone must be sitting there laughing.
You can now scribe 25-50 pieces of the same cost as 1 old piece in guildhall.
My first suggestion were that Anet doubled up everything already crafted in guildhall, but that wouldn’t even be fair. We want our gems/gold back.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I’ve had 30+ characters in GW2 since launch. I don’t feel cheated or think badly upon people getting the level 80 boost. Plus, it’s a once per account item, and the boost doesn’t unlock everything on a character. They’d still have to go do hero points to finish unlocking traits, do HoT to unlock masteries, and many other things to catch up to the rest of us.

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

While I understand the kick in the teeth vibe after dunking tonnes of gold etc into Goldsink Halls 2 then seemingly ages after the damage they make changes to lower the pain I will agree it is a dog move an they should’ve been working on these improvements VERY soon after HoT launched, I can’t help but feel you are dishing out the term “free” too vaguely, in fact… Wrongly.

I don’t find it surprising like any modern gaming business model to incorporate said “goodies” every once in a while into the game FOR players to KEEP players in their game, and to keep them happy. We are not being given things for “free”, it is more along the lines of… I purchased HoT and only now are they delivering things VERY late. Correct me if I am wrong but only players who purchased HoT are eligible for the 80 boost?…

…either way, we paid for it. They are still late on delivering content but for now, I am for one, at least grateful they have delivered SOMETHING after being in the dark for quite the time.

Furthermore, I will never understand people who “complain” about being given “free” things. As if something undermines their “achievements” or gains from.. How long ago? Let people play how they wish to play and enjoy the game.

Posted by: Saudi.5320

Saudi.5320

Whatever. The maps are like SW now. Much better than grinding nonsense out.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

As happy as I am about the patch, I can’t help but feel after so much hard work and labor we’ve gone through, it’s now just being handed out to everyone on a silver platter. So much gold, gems, time spent and now it’s being given out for free. Thanks though?

This would be better feedback if you were to say what exactly “it” is. Neither other posters, nor Anet, can read your mind.

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

I spend way more time in low level maps on lvl 80 characters than I ever did while leveling them.

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Personally, I don’t care about whether someone has “earned it” or how “fair” it is that someone gets an instant 80. All that is just frivolous nonsense. It doesn’t matter how fast someone else managed to get to 80, either.

My concern is about new players who will be doing level 80 content, but don’t know a single thing about the game. The whole leveling process is not only a necessary carrot on the stick for new players, but also a tutorial process. You learn what your skills and utilities do, you learn how enemies attack and move, you learn about dodging, conditions, crits, and various other mechanics. By the time you hit 80, you have a general working knowledge of how the game is supposed to be played. Even if you crafted your way to 80, that requires a lot of wealth and also the forethought to research how to do it.

But now, instead of having new players who don’t know what to do wandering around the starting areas, we’ll have new players who don’t know what to do in level 80 zones, messing with meta events, begging for cash, joining raids without saying a word, etc. The functioning population of the game becomes dumber once you have a “new players instantly max level” item.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

I agree with the OP, why even have an open world PvE if no one even has to use it anymore.. Kinda pointless mmorpg when everyone is instantly lv 80 lol

Kinda shows how much they detest open world PvE they created doesnt it.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Personally, I don’t care about whether someone has “earned it” or how “fair” it is that someone gets an instant 80. All that is just frivolous nonsense. It doesn’t matter how fast someone else managed to get to 80, either.

My concern is about new players who will be doing level 80 content, but don’t know a single thing about the game. The whole leveling process is not only a necessary carrot on the stick for new players, but also a tutorial process. You learn what your skills and utilities do, you learn how enemies attack and move, you learn about dodging, conditions, crits, and various other mechanics. By the time you hit 80, you have a general working knowledge of how the game is supposed to be played. Even if you crafted your way to 80, that requires a lot of wealth and also the forethought to research how to do it.

But now, instead of having new players who don’t know what to do wandering around the starting areas, we’ll have new players who don’t know what to do in level 80 zones, messing with meta events, begging for cash, joining raids without saying a word, etc. The functioning population of the game becomes dumber once you have a “new players instantly max level” item.

I disagree. If a player is inclined to learn what his character can do, s/he will, whether that’s in the core leveling maps or in the trial in SW. I they aren’t, they won’t. There are plenty of vets dying in meta events who don’t know all that much about their characters’ capabilities, and they leveled in core.

Arguably, the core maps contain many mobs that teach players to stand and take what they dish out. At least SW mobs are closer to what one sees in HoT. If one’s first experience of the game is SW, that’s a better incentive to master the character than face-tanking groups of mobs in Lornar’s Pass.

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

I disagree. If a player is inclined to learn what his character can do, s/he will, whether that’s in the core leveling maps or in the trial in SW. I they aren’t, they won’t. There are plenty of vets dying in meta events who don’t know all that much about their characters’ capabilities, and they leveled in core.

Arguably, the core maps contain many mobs that teach players to stand and take what they dish out. At least SW mobs are closer to what one sees in HoT. If one’s first experience of the game is SW, that’s a better incentive to master the character than face-tanking groups of mobs in Lornar’s Pass.

That is false. People pick up skills and knowledge without having to actively pursue that information themselves. The proposed incompetence of vets is not on the level of players who haven’t even had a chance to experience the game. The free trail also gives players soldier gear, which is a gear set specifically to sit there and tank attacks.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Posted by: Rinn.2375

Rinn.2375

Look into it from the other way. I have a good friend who bought HoT recently and asked me every day: Why can’t I go to the content I payed for? In her eyes the GW2 “Prophecies” is just a tutorial area because she payed for the HoT content. Now, she can level up instantly her main toon and she can work on masteries ASAP.

Ad astra per asperas

Posted by: Ryou.2398

Ryou.2398

Gaming shouldnt be about work. It should be about fun. Grinding for loot is not fun and no accomplisment whatsoever. Playing content/gameplay with decent rewards is fun.

Every rpg requires some kind of grinding, what is so bad about working at something in a game that lasts you a while? Are we so impatient we need instant gratification all the time? The flaw isnt the game its with the people.

Posted by: Ryou.2398

Ryou.2398

Look into it from the other way. I have a good friend who bought HoT recently and asked me every day: Why can’t I go to the content I payed for? In her eyes the GW2 “Prophecies” is just a tutorial area because she payed for the HoT content. Now, she can level up instantly her main toon and she can work on masteries ASAP.

That may be because your friend is to use to phone games with in app purchases where you pay for all the levels instead of actually progress through them to reach the next level.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

What’s for free now?

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: SimBilly.8047

SimBilly.8047

As happy as I am about the patch, I can’t help but feel after so much hard work and labor we’ve gone through, it’s now just being handed out to everyone on a silver platter. So much gold, gems, time spent and now it’s being given out for free. Thanks though?

I don’t understand what you think is so unfair. We got a free shared slot and we got a free level 80 booster along with some minor goodies. It’s not like they’ve given all HoT purchasers a free precursor or something. The freebies are nice, but they’re hardly game-breaking.

^ This. ^

::Waits for the inevitable post about how being given “Free” stuff is a ‘slap in the face to’ whichever group of players::

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

^ The “throwing all maps into garbage” thread comes close.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: General Health.9678

General Health.9678

YOU JUST TOOK THE VERY LAST BIT OF PROGRESS OUT OF THE GAME THAT WAS LEFT..

Congratulations, you just won the Internet.
Now get off it because you didn’t earn it.

Blame Abaddon, he loves your tears.
pve, raid, pvp, fractal, dungeon, world clearing, legendary questing.. Zapped!

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

For exactly one characater.

While i have 3 stacks of tomes of knowledge moulding in my bank for some time already.
Yeah, this boost was soo game changing [/sarcasm]

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

i would actually like to have more of them, you get down scaled anyway so it’s a non-issue anyway.
i don’t care of gem store version have no gear at all with it, making an almost 4 year old character lvl 80 (finally) is a good thing to me.

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

Well, if you aren’t among the Chosen, you get nothing.

I will not buy HoT. I guess I’m invisible and unworthy of any future consideration.

Doesn’t matter that I’ve bought gem cards worth far more than the cost of that sorry, single demographic, feature sized “expansion”.

Huh. You feel left out because you don’t want to buy HoT and they sweeten their deal. But then you still think in the same line of thought it’s not worth it.

You’re not missing out if you don’t think it’s worth it.

or

Maybe you’re just wrong about the expansion being a single demographic centered. Not everything in there is what I like but there’s alot of stuff that has been pretty amazing.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Posted by: Star Riser.8127

Star Riser.8127

silver platter? are we playing the same GW 2, cuz I mean I got level 80, 100% map, asended gear, and my PS pretty much with in like 140 hrs According to age at the time this game is ALREADY easy, but I can tell u this, I was able to tell my buddy’s about the lvl 80 thing and almost all of them want to come now, cuz they don’t have to rush to catch up to me in HoT, its a 50 $ game dude, I bet u have a 1K comp, but wont spend money on a decent game u have fun with, u want hard, go play Everquest, or even Eve online, then come back to me. and by the way, go try Project 99 everquest for an even HARDER game.

Posted by: ziggystardust.3721

ziggystardust.3721

YOU JUST TOOK THE VERY LAST BIT OF PROGRESS OUT OF THE GAME THAT WAS LEFT…. and i dont know if you realize that anet. You are promoting your game as a “big living world full of dynamic events” and you are basically taking it away from the new players…
Its okay giving it to the players who alredy have an lvl 80 character, but giving it to the new players ???

So because you bought the expansion you get to automatically skip everything and become max level instead of having to work for it and put the time into doing it yourself…What is this WoW now ?? What a better way to throw the entire world you created in the garbage. Why would I leave LA now except for guild missions??
It removes the entirety of what GW2 is.. exploration and discovery.

I just feel that i have nothing in this game, untill now i was like “okay i have level 80 i accomplished something in this game”… cant say that after this patch anymore…

I cared about this game but im not going to anymore… im sick of watching stupid decisions pass in anet like that… im a little sad about this cause gw2 was my fav game. R.I.P.

You joking right? I have 9 classes lvl 80, all leveled with tomes of knowledge. I can level 5 more with tomes I have. That didn’t stopped me doing all the maps (4 characters at 100%). Many people do exploration for keys, materials, legendaries so no, one time item not going to stop people playing. Also I remember how hard it was to start this game 4 years ago, and little help for new players not gonna destroy you.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

YOU JUST TOOK THE VERY LAST BIT OF PROGRESS OUT OF THE GAME THAT WAS LEFT…. and i dont know if you realize that anet. You are promoting your game as a “big living world full of dynamic events” and you are basically taking it away from the new players…
Its okay giving it to the players who alredy have an lvl 80 character, but giving it to the new players ???

So because you bought the expansion you get to automatically skip everything and become max level instead of having to work for it and put the time into doing it yourself…What is this WoW now ?? What a better way to throw the entire world you created in the garbage. Why would I leave LA now except for guild missions??
It removes the entirety of what GW2 is.. exploration and discovery.

I just feel that i have nothing in this game, untill now i was like “okay i have level 80 i accomplished something in this game”… cant say that after this patch anymore…

I cared about this game but im not going to anymore… im sick of watching stupid decisions pass in anet like that… im a little sad about this cause gw2 was my fav game. R.I.P.

Lol. I’ve not levelled a character in 2 years. ToK all the way. I have 8 character’s and only one was levelled from 1-80 with no ToK used. My Rev was instant 80, still went to every map though to do the HC and map completion. So not really.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Xbon.9086

Xbon.9086

Large deal. There were people at launch that crafted to 80 fast and then they added tomes and writs later. Most people eventually have multiple 80s. One instant 80 by this way instead of using tomes or crafting isn’t going to kill the game.

yep, I craft 80’d because mesmer leveling was super slow, and I had a guild back then to help with that kinda thing, then my 2nd 80 is solely tomes, my 3rd 80 now is this 80 boost, and my 4th 80 will probably be my ranger who is also mostly tomes.

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

I will not buy HoT. I guess I’m invisible and unworthy of any future consideration.

Doesn’t matter that I’ve bought gem cards worth far more than the cost of that sorry, single demographic, feature sized “expansion”.

Why won’t you buy HoT? Just curious.

Simple. I am disabled and play with only my right hand and a single usable digit on my left. Why buy a nightmare? Sadly, platforming and vertical have become the norm, and not an interesting option for those who enjoy that. Single demographic. If you can’t/don’t like platforming, go away.

I can play Core, even though I am gated from an increasing number of options/achievements there, I can’t even enter Dry Top in spite of hours spent attempting it before giving up. And no, I refuse to be “carried”, If I cannot do content myself, I won’t.

Although I did raid in WoW, Everquest, AoC and EQ2, I am too slow and imprecise to do group content now, I cannot carry my weight. I solo in Core. I do have 8k ap and rank 250 in wvw, not much, but I try. AP comes very slowly now. I have 13 80’s and now a 52, I bought another slot again because leveling a char is something to do.

I play core because there is still an option on how I can play. I watched hours of HoT footage, and there is simply no options for me there.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

(edited by Teofa Tsavo.9863)

Posted by: setius.3498

setius.3498

Please stop crying about every little thing another player gets, people.

Posted by: Abdel Muhti.6431

Abdel Muhti.6431

I just opened a few crystal boxes at tangled dephts. You now get 4 pcs. leyline sparks everytime you open one. Now you can “earn” everything within no time. Thats a legendary update. Next year im looking forward to have automatically gameplay and for professional users a big ONE HIT BUTTON…

ziggystardust.3721

So you want to play full game by not buying it? That’s like playing old fifa and complaining of not having same advantages as those who playing new one. I said before…free to play is bad for games.

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

So you want to play full game by not buying it? That’s like playing old fifa and complaining of not having same advantages as those who playing new one. I said before…free to play is bad for games.

I am not FTP. FTP can’t post, eh? Whatever.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

ziggystardust.3721

I am not talking about you being f2p, I am saying that f2p is destroying every game. At least here you can play core game without having new expansion, many games not allowing that. I just don’t get why are you complaining. You don’t play HoT, you don’t buy nightmare expansion…but you want to get it all. I am sorry to hear you’re disabled, sadly many games are not designed to need of disabled people…sometimes it’s simply impossible or to expensive. I play HoT content very very rarely however it didn’t stopped me from supporting the game and buying it. Gliding is awesome.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

The items given by the level 80 boost aren’t that amazing.

Don’t get me wrong it’s a great time-saver and as I’ve said in other topics I think it will help promote the game to new players (who may be worried that they’ll have to spend hundreds of hours levelling up in empty low levels maps, and getting gear, before they can play with other people who will all be doing the new content – since this is the perception of a lot of MMOs).

But in terms of what you get it’s fairly basic. You only actually get 1 or 2 weapon sets (e.g. my warrior got axe/shield and rifle), so for many people a lot of that 2g is likely to go on buying new weapons.

And whilst you do get a full set of exotics the stat combinations chosen seem to be deliberately average. Which makes sense for newbies who don’t know what they’re doing yet but means most people will end up replacing them fairly soon.

I can’t remember now what the food and utility boosters were but it was only 1 type, and based on the equipment I’m guessing something fairly generic – enough to be a prompt that you should be using them but nothing to really give you an advantage.

(I also think it’s worth bearing in mind that the level up rewards also give out exotics and food/utility boosters. And other things like ecto, bags of crafting materials etc. so it’s not like this is a completely new concept.)

The best part for me was the celebratory dye kit. I’ve not used it yet but I’m sure I will do soon.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

Do you realize how easy it is to get an 80? Just by logging in, you will have enough tomes to insta-80 a character in 8 months (5 months if you select the tomes for your monthly chest). Note that is just logging in. Nothing that would gain experience at ALL. I do not assume other 80s have this vast knowledge of the game.

Posted by: Firefly.5982

Firefly.5982

I played GW for years and started GW2 during betas. I have spent thousands of hours in this game. I regret only the ones in SAB. Everything else I don’t regret. I am EXTREMELY happy with this entire update. All of it. I love the free stuff I get. I will use the lvl 80 to trial lvl all classes once more and give everything another try since you also get full test gear with it! So awesome!

There is nothing bad about this stuff. Stop making things up please.

Posted by: Firefly.5982

Firefly.5982

but its about a game content, leveling was the most funny and entertaining aspect of this game, it wasnt “you must to do it” but noone is going to level up anymore… They made this game, all this locations for YEARS and for what ? for making a skip after few years ?

No. Just no. Stop making assumptions about the entire community of GW2 based on your own opinion. It’s insulting actually. I HATE leveling. I despise it. It’s boring. It’s tedious. I dislike being on a character that I cannot make a build and proper gear for yet or a permanent look. For me the game begins when my character gets to lvl 80. That’s when I start having fun. I level as fast as I can (crafting, tomes, etc.) and THEN I start playing the game. Many people feel the same. And guess what: neither your way nor my way are the better way. To each their own.

The 80 boost doesn’t force anyone to use it. Even new players who feel like you and love leveling they just don’t use it until they level to 80. Then they use it to get the items. Why complain? There literally is NOTHING to complain about!!!

Posted by: IrfanDuric.2586

IrfanDuric.2586

Guild Wars 2 becoming more and more like World of Warcraft. They making everything easier and that was thier biggest mistake. Increased XP gain, two (2) gold from daily, more dungeons tokens, free instant level 80 with full armor, weapons, runes, sigils and there is ALOT more that they changed because people were crying that something its too hard. There is no real challenge in the game, everything is so easy. Easy Wars 2.

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

I bet the OP doesn’t like public assistance programs in real life either.

The very concept of helping someone that has no effect on him whatsoever irks him to no end.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

Posted by: Squee.7829

Squee.7829

I too like to blow things out of proportion. I mean, seriously! A tome that gets you to 80 instantly?! I had to sit through 2 and a half minutes of clicking tomes to get MY 80’s! People are getting stuff, and I’m angry!

Leader and sole member of the “Bring Penguins to Tyria” movement.

Posted by: Bomber.3872

Bomber.3872

I don’t understand what you think is so unfair. We got a free shared slot and we got a free level 80 booster along with some minor goodies. It’s not like they’ve given all HoT purchasers a free precursor or something. The freebies are nice, but they’re hardly game-breaking.

Completely agree. But there will always be players that whine about others not having to do what they did.

This is the nature of the beast. Older mmorpgs have to do this to stay relevant.

Totally agree! Usually I criticize the game or patches a lot, but this time it’s just awesome! I don’t understand how anyone could see anything bad with this patch.

Looking around the threads since patch there is really not a single thread with shows any issue with this patch. (Well there are some elitists crying for no reason, but thats all^^)

IGN: Euer Verderben
[RUC] Riverside United Corps! For Riverside!

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

So, as far as I can tell, players want a super hard and unforgiving game that welcomes no one and never improves upon itself to better event chains or playability. Nothing should ever be taken away but nothing should be given either and the devs should ignore everyone asking for change. Exploits and unintentional issues shouldn’t be fixed because massive compensation would be expected. No one should get a free pass ever. No boosts. No gifts. Nothing you haven’t earned without hard sweat pouring work.

So basically… Kaizo Mario without save states.

As fulfilling as it is to beat that game, I wouldn’t want to live and play there every day.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

Posted by: Artorius.6178

Artorius.6178

I love how you start with ‘’you take all this stuff and content away from new players’‘, and then the rest of your post is ’’waaaah waaah waaah my sense of accomplishtment AND THEY GET FREE PASS!!!!!!1111’’.

Luciana Aventius – Ranger – Gandara

Posted by: Keypek.5716

Keypek.5716

People who want to level the old way will still do it and those who don’t use a combo of insta 20/30 gifts, crafting, blowing through the story parts, and tomes. And it’s not like insta 80s get the map completed for them. If they want to go anywhere they’ll still have to clear maps and if they want map clear or achievements they’ll still have to go through the all the maps anyway. They’ll just be down leveled from 80 instead of around that level already. And it’s only one per account.

tldr: it won’t affect anything, your complaint is invalid

Posted by: Lite Ning Strike.5203

Lite Ning Strike.5203

I guess the OP should have started with “Back in the day”………. If you don’t want to use it don’t but please quit whining.

Key word here is Choices……

The First and Only Blaq Sheep

Posted by: Felahr.9830

Felahr.9830

While I understand the kick in the teeth vibe after dunking tonnes of gold etc into Goldsink Halls 2 then seemingly ages after the damage they make changes to lower the pain I will agree it is a dog move an they should’ve been working on these improvements VERY soon after HoT launched, I can’t help but feel you are dishing out the term “free” too vaguely, in fact… Wrongly.

I don’t find it surprising like any modern gaming business model to incorporate said “goodies” every once in a while into the game FOR players to KEEP players in their game, and to keep them happy. We are not being given things for “free”, it is more along the lines of… I purchased HoT and only now are they delivering things VERY late. Correct me if I am wrong but only players who purchased HoT are eligible for the 80 boost?…

…either way, we paid for it. They are still late on delivering content but for now, I am for one, at least grateful they have delivered SOMETHING after being in the dark for quite the time.

Furthermore, I will never understand people who “complain” about being given “free” things. As if something undermines their “achievements” or gains from.. How long ago? Let people play how they wish to play and enjoy the game.

Nothing in the Level 80 Boost is things you wasted gold. stop kittening.

Posted by: graymouser.4698

graymouser.4698

Some like grinding, some don’t. The nice thing about GW2 is that everyone can choose his/hers own play style.

Personally I love grinding and I don’t think I will ever buy this 80 lvl boost. But because GW2 let’s me play how I choose I am grateful and do not mind if other people choose such play styles. It does not threaten my own way, so why bother?

At least I know for myself that I do not use these boosts and I am proud of that. If others want to be “lazy” (viewed from my standpoint), let them be it. You know who you are. If you can live by your own commandants you’re fine. Don’t care about what others do. Live and let live.

Cheers

Gray

Posted by: Horrorscope.7632

Horrorscope.7632

As far as new people coming into GW’s and going straight to 80 and forgetting the past lands to me is a mistake for them. They should enjoy the first romp through, it’s great and with mega server there are still plenty of people out there, plenty.

It is very possible they would like those lands more than HOT’s twisted verticals as well, it’s much more traditional.

The free 80 I rec’d makes a great option for a new 80 after I have done one manually I feel, as someone just said, to test out the other builds.

Plus how awkward is it to start a new mmo and have a max’d out player? You’d be some shadow 80 with about 2% of the knowledge you need and then head straight into HOT? Yeah, to me that isn’t the ideal path for a new player. The game is plenty fun for a new player to start fresh from level 1. This isn’t like a standard mmo with truly abandoned lands that take forever and a day.

Just think when they are done with HOT then what? You start from say Queensdale, you still have Season 2 and Hot when done and not there with a finger in your bum… this is imo the best way to go for a brand new player and as another said… “they’ll play now because they can join me in HOT” we all know leveling is fast and don’t you want to level up another character to play with? Just start another and play with your friends.

Not poo poo’ing, but I’m not sure that a brand new player, straight to 80, straight to HOT is in their best interest. The old lands are super great at least the first time through. But whatevers.

(edited by Horrorscope.7632)

Posted by: MadRabbit.3179

MadRabbit.3179

Not working on our PhDs

Rehabilitated Elementalist. Now, trolling the Thief forums with my math.

Posted by: Dav.9152

Dav.9152

Wait, where’s my silver platter?

Live, learn, level up.

Posted by: Zedek.8932

Zedek.8932

The main reason why I quitted FF14 and went over here was because Square Enix did this every patch. Nerfing everything and giving it for almost free (if continuos player) or free (for re-subscribing). I think doing it once is fine.

I haven’t used a single level up item (forgot the name), all levels are done by wandering around and shooting, burning and poisoning foes. Squeenix pushes people into engame, neglecting the joy of character development and then you got a bunch of high-level noobs (in this case newbs/noobs) in endgame.

A video game is like a good cigar. Slowly and enjoyable. Not skipping to the end.

Zedexx, sly Asura Thief/Assassin
and politically highly incorrect. (#Asuracist)
“We [Asura] are the concentrated magnificence!”

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

Why won’t you buy HoT? Just curious.

Lol because THEY want everything handed to THEM on a silver platter. OP wants everything free after 3 years of having everything free. OP got what they paid for but wants more and more now. :/

Posted by: jbrother.1340

jbrother.1340

What labor? What hard work? If you consider your time spent playing this game either of those things or some task that MUST be done, you might not be doing what I am doing and that is PLAYING a game.

If you didn’t like the time you already spent why did you keep coming back for more?

No one is here by force so it is confusing that some players see this or rather refer to it with terms generally associated with jobs.

I work hard at work, I play hard in here. You might see that as semantics but it only seems that way. If you are working here and they are not paying you then you are a slave. If you derive enjoyment from it and spend time that is pleasure.

You are welcome to speak for yourself but don’t think for one second you can decide it is work to anyone other than you. Well you and all the other people who see their hobbies as jobs.

Are you thanking them or is it a question? Make up your mind.