A Couple of Months? Seriously?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: IndigoAK.5982

IndigoAK.5982

The latest blog post says this Prelude content will be around for a couple of months. Seriously? There’s nothing IN this prelude. It’s a single paltry title achievement that takes less than a blink of an eye to complete. Nevermind the fact that there’s nothing currently in the game explaining why any of this happening (and don’t even get me started on how there’s a bunch of Norns streaming out of the Charr homelands).

By the time you guys get around to actually advancing this story, nobody will actually care anymore because you teased us for months with absolutely nothing.

Posted by: Aisa.2817

Aisa.2817

The “Prelude” could be like a prologue in a book. A lot of stuff may happen before the real story begins. We’ll just have to wait and see. Who knows? We may have a bigger chunk of the story next week. Okay, maybe next week is being too hopeful, but you get the idea.

Give me coffee or give me…. Screw it. Just give me coffee.

http://epicstory.herobo.com

Posted by: Warruz.8096

Warruz.8096

It will progress slowly and each month will have a larger patch that is ???? In terms of whats coming.

Why was Crab Toss Removed? – http://tinyurl.com/kvbaakq

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

Posted by: JonSP.1940

JonSP.1940

I think part of the idea is to give as many players as possible a chance to experience it fully. Not everyone can play every day, or even every week, depending on RL commitments/schedules. So while you’ve already completed the content, there are players who haven’t gotten a chance at it yet, and might not for another week or more.

It also gives the team plenty of time to identify and quash bugs, so we don’t have another Lost Shores experience, where several significant bugs blocked progress in the content for almost the entire event.

All in all, I think it’s a very positive change.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I’m assuming that we will get bits and pieces perhaps each week or half week. I think this is great, much better than those one time events such as lostshore where half or more of the players miss them. This way EVERYONE can get to enjoy them at their on pace and time.

Just have patience, you have 1 easy title and achievement points already I am sure more will come with also more rewards. Also may I say that was the EASIEST 5k karma ever. No one can complain at that!

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Avatar.1923

yeah, its allright.
and with that they’ll create a zerg flow into emptied regions.
so you go back to a region you havent been for a while ( or never been to ) and there is people around

i like the idea.

Posted by: TurtleofPower.5641

TurtleofPower.5641

The latest blog post says this Prelude content will be around for a couple of months. Seriously? There’s nothing IN this prelude.

Wrong. You just don’t get how it works.

“Story arcs will play out over time.”

What they have released is just the first teasing bit. There’s going to be lots more changes over time.

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

It’s nice this way, the stories will come over the time (hope it’s not a big waiting for more content or people will not care about), and not all content at a single shot is fine for me.

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

Posted by: derekisazombie.2359

derekisazombie.2359

You’re jumping to conclusions OP. Stop yourself while you’re ahead.

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

Wait what? Monthly content makes this expansion worthy how!?? They really took full advantage of the “prelude” thing.

Hey genius, you know the “expansion worth of content” is coming in Feb & March right? No.. you didn’t.. Before you babble about what they said & did, FIND OUT what they said & did.

Posted by: Luna.3256

Luna.3256

If the story progresses each week it will be a really nice addition. So this week we start seeing the Refugees, then next week a bit of an explanation and some more troubling effects, then so on and so forth until we give Jormag/Primordius a slap or whatever’s going on here. Waiting a month between each portion of the story would be a waste of something which could be awesome, personally I’d lose interest in it.

Comments on the current refugee situation: It’s a glorified renown heart.