A Question

A Question

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: BlakThornArrow.2389

BlakThornArrow.2389

Is this combat mod allowed to be used ingame? even thought this person says it is i need to be sure of it before i add something like this.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/10amev/combat_mode_10_released_arenanet_repond/

White Lions Claw , dungeon, Living Story ,
Personal Story, WvsW , Guild Missions, Living Story and so much more.
(We have Teamspeak and a forum ) join us!

A Question

Posted by: Immensus.9732

Immensus.9732

wow!! who made this? why we dont have in game yet?

Mesmers Shall Rule Tyria!

A Question

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Third party mods are against the terms of use.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

A Question

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

This was answered a year ago. Here’s the link:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Will-I-get-banned-for-using-Combat-Mode-1-0/first#post234824

Edit – because some people don’t like links, here’s the quote from CC Charles – Anet Community Coordinator

Hi,
Indeed, as Cheiron said, this programm can be assimilated as a third party one, and therefore is not allowed on our game.
Please note that utilisation of third party software can lead to a definitive suspension of your account.
Now that the answer has been given, I will close this thread.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

(edited by Smooth Penguin.5294)

A Question

Immensus.9732

yeah i now what you mean but the specific mod doesnt give any advantage to someone who uses it neither in PvE or PvP it just makes the combat feel like it is real action combat

A Question

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

yeah i now what you mean but the specific mod doesnt give any advantage to someone who uses it neither in PvE or PvP it just makes the combat feel like it is real action combat

ANet takes the approach of it’s easier to just ban them all than approve ones that don’t add any advantage.

A Question

Immensus.9732

ANet takes the approach of it’s easier to just ban them all than approve ones that don’t add any advantage.

Doesnt make sense tbh

A Question

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

It’s up to each individual to decide if they want to abide by the rules or not. So if you don’t mind risking a Perma Ban for your account, that’s the choice you make.

Anet made the ToS, and thus must follow it, regardless of how we feel about their decisions. The moment they decide to give a pass on one rule, they’ll have to allow it for everyone. You can’t have rules apply to only certain people. It’s all or nothing.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

A Question

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Doesnt make sense tbh

It does.

The moment ANet announced they’ll let cosmetic mods only the number of mods will increase by a large amount. Including mods that people will have differing opinions on whether or not something is an advantage or not. Meaning ANet would have to step in and figure it out. Spending time on deciding if a mod is approved or not. Instead of fixing glitches, coming up with new gear, etc. So in order to save time and money, ANet just flat out bans it. And rightfully so. ANet needs to spend more time fixing the game and coming out with new content. Not playing is this mod advantageous or not.

A Question

Posted by: Moderator.9532

Moderator.9532

Please remember to use the search function before creating new topics. As this question has been replied to previously, this thread is locked.