A message for the negative player base

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: thewamba.5203

thewamba.5203

if you’re gonna kitten that much about the game….stop playing? seeing the negative player base 24/7 in every part of the forums is getting discouraging.. or is this how every mmo forum works? i stopped checking in because of this, but i want to be able to enjoy the forums without all the hate.

if you’re that unhappy, maybe it’s not the game for you; that’s ok! Maybe you think gw1 blows gw2 out of the water…that’s also ok. But why be upset that gw2 isn’t gw1? why not just play and enjoy gw1? There is nothing wrong with disliking this game, but there is no need to complain so consistently about it. They are not so much helpful suggestions as they are just posts demanding something from anet or whining about the company and its game. Much like this post is just whining about whiners.

sincerely,
a player who also may want a thing or two to change but thoroughly enjoys the game and is satisfied playing it.

Posted by: xephire.8324

xephire.8324

Just so you know,you’re creating negativity in this forum through this post as well.

Posted by: Forst.5863

Forst.5863

Because at one point, the servers will shut down and GW1 will no longer be an option.
And by then we want GW2 to be an alternative that isn’t flawed with a “but…”

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

grabs popcorn

This is gonna get good.

thewamba.5203

Just so you know,you’re creating negativity in this forum through this post as well.

I did acknowledge I too was whining, true. but I’m not being hateful, just sad and confused. why do people like to be miserable? just stop playing, u kno

Posted by: Skan.5301

Skan.5301

I did acknowledge I too was whining, true. but I’m not being hateful, just sad and confused. why do people like to be miserable? just stop playing, u kno

As I’ve said before, the time and money invested into the game doesn’t allow someone to “just stop playing.”

If you like the game so much, why aren’t you playing the game and kittening on the forums about people who kitten about the game?

Seems very counterproductive.

Also, it’s not whining, it’s called negative criticism. Something that all games need. It basically only works well when the Devs actually listen. In this case, they don’t so it’s just a bunch of us who are expressing our feelings with no avail. But, it makes us feel better. So calm yourself down. Just search through the forums for what you need and go finish your dailies and champ farms. You’ll be much happier.

“Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.”
– Euripides

(edited by Skan.5301)

xephire.8324

Whiny threads does not contribute to the forum as much as negative criticism gl.

Posted by: nethykins.7986

nethykins.7986

Playing devils advocate here but, lets try:
“If you’re gonna kitten that much about the forums….stop reading them?”

If players voicing their opinions on the game bugs you, then stop reading and go play the game. You’ll probably have less to worry about if you did.

If players are constantly bringing up issues that have not yet been resolved or even hinted upon fixing, surely they can call the devs out on it? And I can imagine, after months, nothing will change, then someone else will bring it up. Hence the “constant complaining”

Sure there are a lot of people bringing up points that hold no weight…but that’s not worthy of discrediting all of them because a bunch of some unconstructive negative posts get upped. Besides, a lot of die-hard GW2 fans are quick to discredit legitimate feedback, with “entitled” being the main source of the response.

Posted by: Daywolf.2630

Daywolf.2630

So… OP, everyone with an opinion different from yours is obviously wrong and doesn’t care about the game as much as you.

Yes, I’m complaining about the complainers …complaining about the complainers… heh

thewamba.5203

As I’ve said before, the time and money invested into the game doesn’t allow someone to “just stop playing.”

If you like the game so much, why aren’t you playing the game and kittening on the forums about people who kitten about the game?

Well, 60 bucks is about average for this kind of game, especially considering there is no sub. Also, don’t invest time into the game if you are unhappy with it. Or at least, dont continue to invest time. Enjoy the game once, and set it down, don’t waste more of your time.

I like the game, and I am playing it while on the forums

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Somebody needs a time out. :o

and I’m sure majority of those people you’re talking about love the game, they just see things they believe needs fixed/improved. A lot of the time Anet actually does fix things because of forum complaints.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

thewamba.5203

So… OP, everyone with an opinion different from yours is obviously wrong and doesn’t care about the game as much as you.

Yes, I’m complaining about the complainers …complaining about the complainers… heh

Not true, people are welcome to different opinions. But these “different” opinions all seem the same and feel like they are overtaking the forums: they are all comparing and criticizing and demanding things. They are all unhappy. It is far and few between to see a satisfied topic or even a topic that isn’t satisfied or complaining but somewhere in between.

Posted by: Exosferatu.2961

Exosferatu.2961

Greetings, thewamba.5203. This is the dark alley of Guild Wars 2 Forums. Visit Lore forum section.

thewamba.5203

Playing devils advocate here but, lets try:
“If you’re gonna kitten that much about the forums….stop reading them?”

If players voicing their opinions on the game bugs you, then stop reading and go play the game. You’ll probably have less to worry about if you did.

If players are constantly bringing up issues that have not yet been resolved or even hinted upon fixing, surely they can call the devs out on it? And I can imagine, after months, nothing will change, then someone else will bring it up. Hence the “constant complaining”

Sure there are a lot of people bringing up points that hold no weight…but that’s not worthy of discrediting all of them because a bunch of some unconstructive negative posts get upped. Besides, a lot of die-hard GW2 fans are quick to discredit legitimate feedback, with “entitled” being the main source of the response.

I can see your point, well said.

I have often stopped coming to the forums, actually. I suppose it’s just a part of the community I’d like to be able to enjoy so I keep coming back.

Posted by: Daywolf.2630

Daywolf.2630

Not true, people are welcome to different opinions. But these “different” opinions all seem the same and feel like they are overtaking the forums: they are all comparing and criticizing and demanding things. They are all unhappy. It is far and few between to see a satisfied topic or even a topic that isn’t satisfied or complaining but somewhere in between.

They’re all so wrong, they all just HATE this kitten game. They need to quit …naow!

Now guess what I’m doing? go ahead – go ahead – guess what I’m doing. No, it’s not hump day, I’m whining about the whiners, whining about the whiners! Welcome to GW2 forums, you’ll fit right in, if you don’t take your own advice and quit the game post haste.

xephire.8324

They’re all so wrong, they all just HATE this kitten game. They need to quit …naow!

Now guess what I’m doing? go ahead – go ahead – guess what I’m doing. No, it’s not hump day, I’m whining about the whiners, whining about the whiners! Welcome to GW2 forums, you’ll fit right in, if you don’t take your own advice and quit the game post haste.

He doesn’t know that he is asking himself to quit the game.

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

if you’re gonna kitten that much about the game….stop playing?

Attachments:

The table is a fable.

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

Good lord … and you don’t think commonality of the complaints might actually mean that the complainers aren’t being mere whiners?? That there might actually be things that need to be fixed but are simply being ignored by ANet?? What planet were you born on?

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

pointless thread…

thewamba.5203

Good lord … and you don’t think commonality of the complaints might actually mean that the complainers aren’t being mere whiners?? That there might actually be things that need to be fixed but are simply being ignored by ANet?? What planet were you born on?

being a bit harsh there

xephire.8324

being a bit harsh there

Just as harsh as asking people to stop playing though.

Posted by: Assyrian.4827

Assyrian.4827

if you’re gonna kitten that much about the game….stop playing? seeing the negative player base 24/7 in every part of the forums is getting discouraging.. or is this how every mmo forum works? i stopped checking in because of this, but i want to be able to enjoy the forums without all the hate.

if you’re that unhappy, maybe it’s not the game for you; that’s ok! Maybe you think gw1 blows gw2 out of the water…that’s also ok. But why be upset that gw2 isn’t gw1? why not just play and enjoy gw1? There is nothing wrong with disliking this game, but there is no need to complain so consistently about it. They are not so much helpful suggestions as they are just posts demanding something from anet or whining about the company and its game. Much like this post is just whining about whiners.

sincerely,
a player who also may want a thing or two to change but thoroughly enjoys the game and is satisfied playing it.

I agree with you except you are very wrong about what is in bold.
Anet never did anything the players wanted that is why players stopped suggesting.

Posted by: angelpaladin.7921

angelpaladin.7921

Maybe if there is a large group of people who feel the same way about the game. They are unhappy about the way the game is progressing then perhaps… the game needs fixing.

A great example of a game people where super unhappy about and is now tanking rapidly is World of Warcraft… People complained on the forum for almost 2 years… now the game is losing 100k+ people a month.

Also most the time when people complain its not cause they hate the game its cause they love the game and want better from it. Tell yea the truth I hadn’t heard to many people talk highly of the game lately. This game is starting to become a lot like the Nintendo Wii… The design was cool the idea’s where cool.. the execution was horrible.

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

You don’t promise Eden and then show them Chuckie Cheese’s.

Posted by: Kiayin.3427

Kiayin.3427

Negative criticism?

• Responding to a well-thought-out post stated in a reasonable and respectful manner with: “White knight! He works for A-NET! Insert meme here” → Criticism?
  • Seeing a screenshot of a new (horribly dyed) armour set and posting a bunch of: “OMG, it’s an evil scheme they want us to buy gems to transmute gear” “OMG kittenty armour fire the artists THIS is what it should look like” “OMG they put no effort and don’t care” → Criticism?
  • Living story updates. People ask for (Wallet, Revamp of world bosses, Dungeons, Permanent Content, Champions dropping bags, canthan themed content, other stuff) and forum goers: “THEY DON’T LISTEN TO US!!1” → Criticism?
  • Posting in every single positive thread with: “The OP must be playing a different game” “Game is boring” “I hope everyone quits GW2” “Random hyperbole goes here” → Criticism?

That is not to say that there aren’t some very constructive posts and threads. An example of this would be:

They should have made an Ascended version specifically for each race – sort of like an Ascended cultural armor- since we know that designing armors with a certain race in mind (in this case it would appear to be humans) just ends up with sets that just don’t look right on others. The armors wouldn’t need to be exclusive for each race. Just that they are designed with the respective race in mind.

I absolutely adore the medium armor on my Elementalist.

I’m pretty sure Elementalists won’t be wearing medium armor…

But hate the light armor (and I hate the light armor because, as always, Asura only got the male version)

So basically, it’s not going to look good/right for your characters.

That would be pretty much the essence of the complaints.

The issue is more with the lack of a gender split for armor on Asura than anything.I’d probably like the light armor… if my Asura got to use something similar to the human female version, instead of the human male version. This is the primary reason I’ll probably never buy the Phoenix armor from the gem store, either.

That said, the male version of the light armor? It seems like it’s aiming for a very specific, niche theme, while you’d expect a set that takes a long time to make to have a more generic appearance that could be made to work for a large variety of characters.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

well stated.

Negative criticism?

• Responding to a well-thought-out post stated in a reasonable and respectful manner with: “White knight! He works for A-NET! Insert meme here” -> Criticism?
  • Seeing a screenshot of a new (horribly dyed) armour set and posting a bunch of: “OMG, it’s an evil scheme they want us to buy gems to transmute gear” “OMG kittenty armour fire the artists THIS is what it should look like” “OMG they put no effort and don’t care” -> Criticism?
  • Living story updates. People ask for (Wallet, Revamp of world bosses, Dungeons, Permanent Content, Champions dropping bags, canthan themed content, other stuff) and forum goers: “THEY DON’T LISTEN TO US!!1” -> Criticism?
  • Posting in every single positive thread with: “The OP must be playing a different game” “Game is boring” “I hope everyone quits GW2” “Random hyperbole goes here” -> Criticism?

That is not to say that there aren’t some very constructive posts and threads. An example of this would be:

They should have made an Ascended version specifically for each race – sort of like an Ascended cultural armor- since we know that designing armors with a certain race in mind (in this case it would appear to be humans) just ends up with sets that just don’t look right on others. The armors wouldn’t need to be exclusive for each race. Just that they are designed with the respective race in mind.

I absolutely adore the medium armor on my Elementalist.

I’m pretty sure Elementalists won’t be wearing medium armor…

But hate the light armor (and I hate the light armor because, as always, Asura only got the male version)

So basically, it’s not going to look good/right for your characters.

That would be pretty much the essence of the complaints.

The issue is more with the lack of a gender split for armor on Asura than anything.I’d probably like the light armor… if my Asura got to use something similar to the human female version, instead of the human male version. This is the primary reason I’ll probably never buy the Phoenix armor from the gem store, either.

That said, the male version of the light armor? It seems like it’s aiming for a very specific, niche theme, while you’d expect a set that takes a long time to make to have a more generic appearance that could be made to work for a large variety of characters.

Posted by: Draco.2806

Draco.2806

if you’re gonna kitten that much about the game….stop playing?

They already have.

If you’re perfectly satisfied with everything, you can share the company of a couple dozen others farming the latest champ train. Have fun.

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

sincerely,

the exact same can be said about you reading the forums.

Oceanic [LOD]

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Negative criticism?

• Responding to a well-thought-out post stated in a reasonable and respectful manner with: “White knight! He works for A-NET! Insert meme here” -> Criticism?
  • Seeing a screenshot of a new (horribly dyed) armour set and posting a bunch of: “OMG, it’s an evil scheme they want us to buy gems to transmute gear” “OMG kittenty armour fire the artists THIS is what it should look like” “OMG they put no effort and don’t care” -> Criticism?
  • Living story updates. People ask for (Wallet, Revamp of world bosses, Dungeons, Permanent Content, Champions dropping bags, canthan themed content, other stuff) and forum goers: “THEY DON’T LISTEN TO US!!1” -> Criticism?
  • Posting in every single positive thread with: “The OP must be playing a different game” “Game is boring” “I hope everyone quits GW2” “Random hyperbole goes here” -> Criticism?

There are lots of people on these forums, some on this thread too, that THINK they are providing negative critisism when they are not, they offer nothing, just negativity for the sake of being negative, on every single thread. Although, maybe they don’t know (or can’t understand with their limited knowledge) what negative critisism is and confuse it with their endless garbage posting/trolling.

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

we should create a club. A club which regularly scans the forums for troll posts or posts which are just negativity spreading without any sign of constructive feedback and then report those posts. This is because I have the feeling the mods can’t keep up with reading the mass of threads.

What do you think?

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

Posted by: Ahlen.7591

Ahlen.7591

After reading the forums for awhile, I’ve come to the conclusion that GW1 players are the whiniest player-base to ever inhabit an MMO.

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

Many of us here loved GW1, both its gameplay and story. And that’s why we want GW2 to become as good as a game that we had hoped, both its gameplay and story.

Constructive criticism is indeed more useful than negative trolling.

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

Skan.5301

After reading the forums for awhile, I’ve come to the conclusion that GW1 players are the whiniest player-base to ever inhabit an MMO.

When you’re told “everything you love about Guild Wars and more” will be in the game and instead we get what we have here, you will understand.

Imagine your parents telling you for your 13th birthday, Ahlen, you will get a console, and instead of getting a PS3/PS4, you get the original Nintendo. The one where you had to blow into the cartridge to play. Wouldn’t you be disappointed?

I bet you’d whine.

– Euripides

Marcus Greythorne.6843

When you’re told “everything you love about Guild Wars and more” will be in the game and instead we get what we have here, you will understand.

Imagine your parents telling you for your 13th birthday, Ahlen, you will get a console, and instead of getting a PS3/PS4, you get the original Nintendo. The one where you had to blow into the cartridge to play. Wouldn’t you be disappointed?

I bet you’d whine.

How ignorant must a person be if he thinks that he has the only valid opinion in what is good and what not. Anet has the data on what most people want, they see numbers changing, so it’s their right to act according to those numbers to have the best solution to the main playerbase. People kitten about ascended gear for example, but they forget that it’s our fault that it’s in the game entirely.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

Skan.5301

I bet you’d whine.

How ignorant must a person be if he thinks that he has the only valid opinion in what is good and what not. Anet has the data on what most people want, they see numbers changing, so it’s their right to act according to those numbers to have the best solution to the main playerbase. People kitten about ascended gear for example, but they forget that it’s our fault that it’s in the game entirely.

Amusing.

I never said that was right or wrong. Your assumptions clearly show your comprehension skills are lacking. The person I quoted believed that GW1 players were the whiniest people in MMOs. I was pointing out to him why that would be the case.

I also never said anything about ANet having to put anything into or dropping anything out of the game. I simply stated what was said and what the result was, a sort of cause and effect, if you will.

Try harder next time. You might bear some fruit for your efforts.

– Euripides

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

Then you’re being a masochist. I’ve made so many bad game purchases in my life, but I never forced myself to play them after I’ve seen how bad they are. Bioshock Infinite, Mass Effect 3, The Sims 3 and many more. These are games on my shelves that I invested money on and will never touch again because they don’t make me happy. You write it down as a bad purchase. You don’t force yourself to do something you don’t enjoy daily.

It would be the same as trying a new type of food, buying 10 can of it, understanding that you hate it and then force feeding yourself. You really should not do that.

I bet you’d whine.

And that’s being a bratty kid. It still cost them money, they still tried to get you something that you like. Do you know how heart breaking it is for people when others turn around and yell at them for what they’ve been gifted? Want to know what I got for my 18th birthday? Groceries. I did not complain. That food helped me a lot. Even if it was nothing but a can of peaches I still wouldn’t whine.

(edited by Mirta.5029)

Marcus Greythorne.6843

I simply stated what was said and what the result was, a sort of cause and effect, if you will.

The result was the same as the statement for the bigger part of the community, so whining isn’t justified. It’s just spreading negativity without constructive criticism.

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

Good advice OP. Also if anyone ever gets a cut on their finger, just cut your hand off. Don’t bother with a plaster.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Good advice OP. Also if anyone ever gets a cut on their finger, just cut your hand off. Don’t bother with a plaster.

Or just threaten to cut your hand off. Over and over and over again.

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

I come to the forum with a questions, to report a bug or to show criticism over thinks in the game or business decisions. I might defend something once in a while but thats not why I am go to the forums.

What I think is strange is that there are people coming to the forums to only defend the game.. If you like it so much then play it. You might show your voice as well.. it’s good to hear two sides but the people who are almost always on the forum while they seem to love every thing Anet does (as it’s more that then something else) I don’t understand.

If you just take everything without being critical about it thinks will only get worse.

Why not just walk away. Not everybody just walks away some people try to change what is wrong. Besides walking away also means walking away from your investment being it time you spend or money you paid for the purchase and walking away from the guild or friends.

Now if you would say.. if you have so many complains then don’t buy any more gems then I would agree but staying away from the forums is a little strange.

You are on the forums trying to ‘change’ the forums because you don’t like the forums. Why are you doing that then.. because for you the game part is fine but the forum part is bad. Walking away is an option but not one many people will do without a fight.

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

As this thread is not inviting to constructive and healthy discussion, it is now closed.