A non-raging civil question about Precursors

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Solrune.2691

Solrune.2691

Hello all, I just had a real quick question, and i can’t find the answer to it so I decided to make a topic. With precursors creeping up in price extremely fast, I’ve notice something. There are people with such wealth that they can completely control the precursor market. There was a Twilight listed for 9500 gold. No i did not add an extra zero. The listing price alone on it before selling, is 475 gold, not to mention the cost to make such a weapon is huge. Buy orders on items are creeping up in the 600’s range for some rare black lion items as well. I’m just concerned about us normal casuals, who put the time in to earn our keep, but can’t outpace this ravenous price wars to obtain our legendary weapons. I have a rough expectation of having my Bolt finished in 6 months time, but in the last week the Precursor and all the Lodestones have skyrocketed way out of grasp fast. Is there a way, in the future, that we will be able to “quest” or earn our precursors? Because it just seems unfair that no matter how much you play, if you cant beat inflation you will never get it.

Posted by: TWMagimay.9057

TWMagimay.9057

There was a Twilight listed for 9500 gold. No i did not add an extra zero. The listing price alone on it before selling, is 475 gold, not to mention the cost to make such a weapon is huge.

That weapon was relisted at least 4 times, price varying between 800 and 9500g. Anyway… They promised a scavenger hunt some time in the future. Why they make it so complicated is beyond me when there is already a system in place that can work for it just by adding an npc that trades acc bound precursors for achievement points…

Posted by: Dakiaris.2798

Dakiaris.2798

Actually they need to implement a system that guild wars 1 used to great success….. Collectors!!! It gave otherwise useless items meaning and let players collect items and trade them for good things….. That’s kinda what the karma vendors were supposed to be but there’s many trophy items and grey trash items that could easily be converted over to be used….

I mean really collecting golen ren relics from gw1 to get the blindfold…. Anyone else remember that….. Or the diessa chalice for the dread mask…. They just need to put that system in place and make it so we have to collect spacific items to trade to the collectors to get another item that we can put into the forge to create the precurser or other items that we want…..

That’s just a dream though they won’t do that…

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

Precursor Weapons can be acquired from some sources:

- Dragon Chests after killing them (The Shatterer, Claw of Jormag and Tequatl the Sunless);
- Capturing the Temples in Orr;
- Completing rewards from maps [x to 80];
- Explorer Dungeon Reward Chests;
- Mystic Forge (4 weapons of the same type lv75 or more).

These days I’ve seen an increase of Precursors from these sources. I recommend that you make them everyday to increase your chances.

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

Posted by: papryk.6273

papryk.6273

precursors also drop from mobs

Posted by: Qid.1937

Qid.1937

- Dragon Chests after killing them (The Shatterer, Claw of Jormag and Tequatl the Sunless);

These days I’ve seen an increase of Precursors from these sources. I recommend that you make them everyday to increase your chances.

I believe its 76+. afaik.

BG Mrplow – Highly rated since 1987.

LHound.8964

I believe its 76+. afaik.

I was just quoting the Gw2 Wiki in that subject, cause that’s the only one i’m not doing atm ^^

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

Posted by: TWMagimay.9057

TWMagimay.9057

Actually they need to implement a system that guild wars 1 used to great success….. Collectors!!! It gave otherwise useless items meaning and let players collect items and trade them for good things….. That’s kinda what the karma vendors were supposed to be but there’s many trophy items and grey trash items that could easily be converted over to be used….

I mean really collecting golen ren relics from gw1 to get the blindfold…. Anyone else remember that….. Or the diessa chalice for the dread mask…. They just need to put that system in place and make it so we have to collect spacific items to trade to the collectors to get another item that we can put into the forge to create the precurser or other items that we want…..

That’s just a dream though they won’t do that…

Because a legendary doesn’t require any item collecting, right? Oh, wait, the gifts would like to disagree.

Posted by: leprekan.7248

leprekan.7248

A logical company would put in an NPC selling the precursors for a fixed rate (like 100/200 for 1 hand or 2) as a huge gold sink to help keep the economy healthy. It would be almost top priority for a company to do this if they also sold game gold for real money … since they would be part of the cause of the inflation.

I tried suggesting this awhile ago and they buried the thread in suggestions without even a comment on it. The beauty of it is they could just ADD it to the Mystic Joke person Myanni (however you spell her name). Would probably take them all of an hour to adjust her inventory.

If they don’t do something similar very soon all that gold they sell and the gold sellers that sell for even cheaper will catch up to this game and kill it.

A Yak since headstart. [herm]

Posted by: Bartas.4908

Bartas.4908

Acquired is the wrong word here IMO. More suitable would be RNGed. I must have had a really bad luck because the only time i got something other than blue from a chest was during Lost Shores event.

Also I have yet to see ANY exotic reward for map completion below last 3 zones.

Proud member of [BOO]
Thief/Necro/Guardian/Mesmer/Elementalist of SFR EU

Posted by: Bruno Sardine.2907

Bruno Sardine.2907

It’s just a pursuit devoid of skill…. I’d much rather it be minimal farming to craft gifts to put in the forge to get a precursor (account bound), followed by a unique quest (or chain) in order to “upgrade” the precursor -> legendary. The chain could be a combo of solo and group that’s pretty tough, but it’d be fun and unique and really say something about actually getting a legendary item other than “gg that your grind-hell is over”.

Posted by: xWESTsidex.4980

xWESTsidex.4980

Yeah i feel you. I was planning to get The Lover for 140g this weekend as I’ve been trading to reach my goal. But then in the past weekend, the availability of The Lover went from 28 to 11 as I’m posting now and price went up 45g. It kinda sucks because I do not want to play the RNG game (especially with the forge, the chests i can do) and I would rather just get it off the TP but i guess that’s not gonna happen anytime soon lol.

Lvl 80 Ranger. Lvl 80 Necro.
Officer of Warriors and Rebels [WaR]
Gate of Madness

LHound.8964

Acquired is the wrong word here IMO. More suitable would be RNGed. I must have had a really bad luck because the only time i got something other than blue from a chest was during Lost Shores event.

Your luck must be kitten
Acquired depending on luck as in every other chest. I though it was implied…

The [70-80], [75-80] and [80-80] zones can give Exotic rewards. More than one also. It’s a matter of luck tbh.

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

Posted by: Ballistic.4531

Ballistic.4531

Your luck must be kitten
Acquired depending on luck as in every other chest. I though it was implied…

The [70-80], [75-80] and [80-80] zones can give Exotic rewards. More than one also. It’s a matter of luck tbh.

RNGs just don’t love me.

This world needs more people being frank and less people being offended.

Solrune.2691

I think throwing endless swords into the mystic forge is just a horrible and disheartening way to get a precursor, especially when you have bad luck like me. Also, considering I’ve hit 80 on 3 toons and completed all the high level maps, I can say there is definitely level ranges for them as far as exotic rewards. Cursed shore is always 80’s, Frostgorge is 78-80, Malchors is 76-80 and all the others have never dropped anything above 78. So out of the 3 maps that you can get them, on 2 exotics will be 80 and what are your chances? I’d rather them just charge a million more karma to get your precursor, or a combo of Karma and gold, or just add another big item grind, just something tangible and not up to chance. Mystic clovers were horrible as is.

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

A logical company would put in an NPC selling the precursors for a fixed rate (like 100/200 for 1 hand or 2) as a huge gold sink to help keep the economy healthy. It would be almost top priority for a company to do this if they also sold game gold for real money … since they would be part of the cause of the inflation.

I tried suggesting this awhile ago and they buried the thread in suggestions without even a comment on it. The beauty of it is they could just ADD it to the Mystic Joke person Myanni (however you spell her name). Would probably take them all of an hour to adjust her inventory.

If they don’t do something similar very soon all that gold they sell and the gold sellers that sell for even cheaper will catch up to this game and kill it.

Why? The fact that people are selling precursors over the TP is, itself, a huge gold sink. And it’s a gold sink that will adjust itself to inflation, which the flat fee never will.

Solrune.2691

Even though it may be a huge gold sink, the gap between the people who start farming for a legendary now and those who started day one is enormous. They are going to be be hurting to keep up with the rapid inflation. Seriously Zap has went up by 40g in 3 days. if you can make 40g in 3 days please share what you do :}

With a tangible achievable way to get them 100%, as crazy as it may be, would still be awesome because it would give us a realistic goal to work toward. I would gladly pay 1 million karma or like 500 of each dungeon token to get my zap :{

Posted by: Addice.3852

Addice.3852

Fireheart Rise
Frostgorge Sound
Mount Maelstrom

Along with the Orr maps those are the only ones that give exotics.

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

Ursan, do you understand what a gold sink is? It’s to remove gold from the game. Not change hands. Selling over the TP is changing hands. Not sinking gold.

Yes, I do understand what a gold sink is. When something is sold for 100G on the TP, then 15G of that is removed from the game and neither players gets it. 5% listing fee + 10% sales tax.

That, by definition, is a gold sink. And one that adjusts itself to inflation too.

(edited by Ursan.7846)

Posted by: TsukasaHiiragi.9730

TsukasaHiiragi.9730

The problem is that making gold isn’t that easy, thats why alot of players resort to bots, hacks and gold farming websites. It only takes a handful of people to mess up the economy, what you have at the moment is a highly bloated economy with all the gold and resources in the hands of farmers and hackers.

protest this travesty of a patch -
Get it taken down -
Do whatever it takes if you care about this game -

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

Ursan, do you understand what a gold sink is? It’s to remove gold from the game. Not change hands. Selling over the TP is changing hands. Not sinking gold.

Trading is a gold sink; the 15% tax rate means 15% of the gold involved in a transaction evaporates, when you consider some day traders routinely flip hundreds of gold per day that’s quite a lot of gold leaving the system this way

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

Posted by: Zimlobo.3962

Zimlobo.3962

I’m not too worried about costs. My plan is to wait out the market. I should have my first legendary in a years time (August 2013) and reach the other 2 that I have my eye on in about 3 years (~2015). I’m in no rush because in my eyes legendary skins are just one small part of an overall extensive game. All bubbles must burst

Posted by: Cirroq.2531

Cirroq.2531

It’s just a pursuit devoid of skill…. I’d much rather it be minimal farming to craft gifts to put in the forge to get a precursor (account bound), followed by a unique quest (or chain) in order to “upgrade” the precursor -> legendary. The chain could be a combo of solo and group that’s pretty tough, but it’d be fun and unique and really say something about actually getting a legendary item other than “gg that your grind-hell is over”.

Being rewarded for skill would be going against the general end game design of GW2. PVE content in this game for the most part is designed more like a console action game than a MMO. They basically want anyone who has the time or the cash to buy gems and convert into gold to be able to sit down and farm or buy a legendary. Skill doesn’t really factor into it.

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

Don’t look at the offer price for precursors, look at buyer’s bids. It’s more stable and more relevant.

Posted by: Prowler.2589

Prowler.2589

Dungeon explorable chest rewards? I’ve never seen a screenshot of someone getting it from this source. If anyone has would you mind posting a screenshot please?

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

^^ Couldn’t have said it better myself, also most of the gifts and items needed to make the legendary weapons are account bound so why the F is it tradable seriously ?

You’re damaging your own game economics with this and precusrsors being acquired the way they are.

Changes:
1 Legendary items should be account bound and not tradable.
2 legendary precursor should be acquired in a non RNG manner and be account bound.
3 T6 mats and mystic clover again less RNG more skill based ways to acquire them.

Note

I don’t care if the quests or story lines are hard as nails or nightmare mode difficulty level to complete and takes me months to do so as long as I know once I finish it I will get what I’ve been after

Posted by: Ozzel.5634

Ozzel.5634

I have Storm (Scepter) form AC path 2 ( from Dungeon explorable chest).

SFR

Posted by: Ansultares.1567

Ansultares.1567

Honestly gold isn’t difficult to make and the cost of crafting a legendary averages to a relatively low amount..

500g+ is “a relatively low amount?”

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

Wait to see what is happening with the scavenger hunt which should be coming in these coming months. Unless they scrapped it and didn’t tell us. >.>

I’m not wasting my money on the outrageous priced precursors, either should you(unless you are getting the minstrel/rodgort/the underwater weapons then I say go for it). They are trying to fix the way you acquire them, or make it slightly possible to get the precursor you want w/o buying it from TP.

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Ryuujin.8236

They basically want anyone who has the time or the cash to buy gems and convert into gold to be able to sit down and farm or buy a legendary. Skill doesn’t really factor into it.

So… where do the dungeon and WvW tokens come from? – Because, neither of those can be bought, nor are they easily obtained. Especially if you’re going for one of the legends that require the Arah or CoE tokens – and WvW tokens are awful to try and get (i get on average 1 token per 6 kills)

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

I really enjoyed doing epic quests in Everquest. They took months, took teamwork, and immersed you in the lore. Something like that would be awesome, either as a way to get a precursor or even to get legendary-quality items.

But let’s face it. ArenaNet is horrible at doing quests (remember the lost shores scavenger? The many storyline quests that were bugged). There’s a record low number of quests in the game compared to MMOs in general. They’re not very good or stable.

To be fair, the vision of the game was to base it around dynamic events instead of quests. So it’s perfectly understandable that they didn’t make a good toolset for implementing quests, and didn’t get any quality of talent for writing them.

I would enjoy a game where a legendary weapon involved legendary achievements. But that’s not what GW2 is about.

Acquisition of items is centered around an organic economy based on a stockmarket-style trading post. Just as in real life, there’s people who work for a living versus people who gather wealth from trading (and/or gold RMT). In this game the heroic achievements are more Warren Buffet than Destiny’s Edge.
The cool thing, though, is that by design those legendary types are not appreciably more powerful than the common man.

Posted by: vvp.8512

vvp.8512

No. There is no such thing as “skill-based” in an mmo. If it required group coordination then the forums would be flooded by people complaining that they don’t want to group with other people.

If it tested individual skill than the complaints would be about how “this is too hard” and “i’m the best player in the game but I can’t do this!” or some such nonsense. Or there will be a youtube clip that clearly outlines what to do and then everyone will have a legendary, thus defeating the entire point.

All of that being said, I would like the precursor mechanism to change. The Gift of Fortune is an enormous enough time/money sink, as are the lodestones for the weapon specific gift (on some weapons).

Plainview (80 Engineer) SoR

Posted by: Chamone.6890

Chamone.6890

No. There is no such thing as “skill-based” in an mmo. If it required group coordination then the forums would be flooded by people complaining that they don’t want to group with other people.

If it tested individual skill than the complaints would be about how “this is too hard” and “i’m the best player in the game but I can’t do this!” or some such nonsense.

But people will complain about anything in forums. The trick is being able to listen to, then disregard those complaints.

I would say that doing certain dungeon paths requires co-ordination and skill (if you don’t use the cheats and shortcuts), and therefore some skill-based rewards do already exist in this MMO. The amount of skill that you need is fairly low, sure, but it’s a start.

The clock tower jumping puzzle was a good skill challenge, although you’re right there was a good deal of QQ’ing from people who weren’t able to do it, and a somewhat sickening APOLOGY from the guy that made the puzzle? X_X

How times have changed, in the past if you made a difficult game you would be proud and boast about how hard it was to beat. These days you have to come online and say sorry for entertaining your players…

There’s the PvP paid tourneys, which also require a good deal of skill, and badges of jumping from WvW, which simply require a friendly mesmer ;P.

I think if they stick to their guns more, rewarding skill not luck and learn to ignore the type of person that posts on MMO forums they could make the game truly great.

It seems that they care too much about what people write on the forums though. That’s how we got the abomination of Fractals and Ascended gear…

Posted by: vvp.8512

vvp.8512

Why should people who don’t want to group and people who are bad at games (mechanically) be less favored? Most players are pretty bad.

The most shocking memory of mine from WOW is being the first paladin on my server, probably, to figure out how to use the… boons? i guess they were called, to maintain mana on our casters fighting Ony. This was a top tier guild. But the horrifying reality was that most players were just warm bodies. Our top rogue regularly did 2-3x the damage of anyone else. Our top hunter did not sleep (maybe 2 hours a day? because of a medical condition). And every class had 1-2 people like that, but to fill up a 40 member raid required bodies.

Basically the core group completely outclassed the warm bodies as mmo players. Any type of legendary that is based on skill would, should, go to those types of players and that would kitten off 99% of the community that isn’t that.

As it stands right now it is a long climb but you can make constant progress. Except precursors, but I’ve already stated that I’m open to that being changed.

Plainview (80 Engineer) SoR

Solrune.2691

Yea even though the mats are quite pricey they are a pretty easy to obtain over time due to the amount of them on the TP, when you see there are only 3-5 of your precursor required on the TP going for astronomical amounts of gold, you’re pretty much screwed. As far as WvW goes you can make tons of money and karma farming badges, it does take forever but its not as profitable as dungeons or Orr. Also, I find it funny that people who like to play solo play an MMO at all, kind of defeats the purpose. As it stands i would love if they included more skill based challenges as apposed to the “tank and spank” bosses and whatnot. With just shy under 1k hours in game I still love the game to death, and still trucking along for my Bolt. :}

Posted by: Mephisto Loire.8207

Mephisto Loire.8207

Honestly gold isn’t difficult to make and the cost of crafting a legendary averages to a relatively low amount..

Good to see I wasn’t the only one who laughed about this.

Even 100 Gold isn’t reachable for someone who doesn’t want to sit in front of the Trading Post playing Wallstreet.

Currently I feel like… No, I’m certain I get disadvantaged for playing this game like ArenaNet told us on their multiple videos. By doing jumping Puzzles, trying Achievements, twinking a lot and just having fun playing around. And I’m currently stuck at a 40 Gold wealth.

I really like the idea posted above to put a merchant into the game who sells PreCursors for Achievement Points. That would be the first day I would feel fairly treated.

And I just had to laugh as I remembered the Pre-Release belief that went through the Fanforums when Guild Wars 2 was still in development:

“Dont worry about the Gold – Gold won’t be worth anything anyway. All the cool stuff will be handled out with other things like Karma or PVPPoints or Achievements.”

And now we have an artificial economy where Gold rules everything. Great Job so far, ArenaNet.

Posted by: Twaddlefish.6537

Twaddlefish.6537

I’m looking forward to something like the black moa hunt across the entire world.

Or the ‘secret’ mesmer focus that began in pre-Searing and finished in EoTN. Make this challenging but enjoyable.

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

You have to realize that the people who play MMO’s like an unpayed part-time job don’t remember what it’s like for normal people.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Ryuujin.8236

You have to realize that the people who play MMO’s like an unpayed part-time job don’t remember what it’s like for normal people.

A little research and judicious use of the trading post is in fact the best way of making gold if you don’t have a lot of time to spare. I play 2-3 hours a day, yet have ~200g + full t3 armour, exotics etc.

Realising that neither my class (mesmer), nor my limited time was geared towards farming for gear, I instead spent time studying the TP (Which is something I enjoyed anyway), came up with some spreadsheets and a business strategy. A month or so down the line I now make 15-30g a day (rising steadily over time) for 20-30 minutes work on the TP by setting up appropriate buy orders and selling the products each day – then when I log in I have all the gold i need to buy all the nice things, and I can spend my doing what I’ll find most entertaining.

I’d say it’s like having your cake and eating it

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

Posted by: plasmacutter.2709

plasmacutter.2709

Even though it may be a huge gold sink, the gap between the people who start farming for a legendary now and those who started day one is enormous. They are going to be be hurting to keep up with the rapid inflation. Seriously Zap has went up by 40g in 3 days. if you can make 40g in 3 days please share what you do :}

With a tangible achievable way to get them 100%, as crazy as it may be, would still be awesome because it would give us a realistic goal to work toward. I would gladly pay 1 million karma or like 500 of each dungeon token to get my zap :{

I agree with this, and was talking about it before.

There are people in this game who subverted its purpose by ignoring all content to power-level to 80 and hit orr in the first couple days, they then got to farm with NO DR for a month and a half, get their precursors, turn them to legendaries, and then put their copious extra gold into power-trading, market-cornering, and speculating.

Then they put in DR, slamming the gates to wealth shut for the rest of us, punishing people for experiencing the game as in the intended, paced manner.

now the only people who make money in this game are those first-gen power-traders and people who find and exploit holes in the game’s economy like the snowflake-to-ecto issue.

Meanwhile, the price of precursors and even normal exotics skyrockets faster than normal, non-exploiting players who are not already in “the virtual-1%” can keep up.

This needs fixing, or I see no point after reaching 80 of continuing to play. Why reach for something when the goalposts move 3x as fast as you can run?

Solrune.2691

Yep, zap is up another 20g as of this post. :{

Posted by: Fuz.5621

Fuz.5621

This is SO true.

Posted by: Fuz.5621

Fuz.5621

I instead spent time studying the TP (Which is something I enjoyed anyway), came up with some spreadsheets and a business strategy.

In a videogame.
About killing monsters in a fantasy setting.

Hm.
K.

I agree with this, and was talking about it before.

There are people in this game who subverted its purpose by ignoring all content to power-level to 80 and hit orr in the first couple days, they then got to farm with NO DR for a month and a half, get their precursors, turn them to legendaries, and then put their copious extra gold into power-trading, market-cornering, and speculating.

Then they put in DR, slamming the gates to wealth shut for the rest of us, punishing people for experiencing the game as in the intended, paced manner.

now the only people who make money in this game are those first-gen power-traders and people who find and exploit holes in the game’s economy like the snowflake-to-ecto issue.

Meanwhile, the price of precursors and even normal exotics skyrockets faster than normal, non-exploiting players who are not already in “the virtual-1%” can keep up.

This needs fixing, or I see no point after reaching 80 of continuing to play. Why reach for something when the goalposts move 3x as fast as you can run?

You forgot to mention people who exploited the godskull bug and got lots of precursors before it was fixed.
Which are, most likely, the few ones guiding and abusing the whole economy of this game.

(edited by Fuz.5621)

Posted by: Bartas.4908

Bartas.4908

Yep, zap is up another 20g as of this post. :{

Zap was for less than 100g shortly after Lost Shores event now it is close (if not more) to 200g. Coupled with bugged droprate of anything of value I don’t see myself buying one in forseeable future.

Proud member of [BOO]
Thief/Necro/Guardian/Mesmer/Elementalist of SFR EU

Posted by: Gord.8654

Gord.8654

I think throwing endless swords into the mystic forge is just a horrible and disheartening way to get a precursor,

I agree…. I’ve wasted a lot of gold trying my luck in the forge…. but like many other players… RNG hates me!

Host of SOTD Podcast www.sotdpodcastblog.wordpress.com

(edited by Gord.8654)

Posted by: plasmacutter.2709

plasmacutter.2709

You forgot to mention people who exploited the godskull bug and got lots of precursors before it was fixed.
Which are, most likely, the few ones guiding and abusing the whole economy of this game.

wow.. ANet did not take back the gold?

wow.. ANet did not take back the gold?That’s INSANE

Posted by: Gisei.5749

Gisei.5749

I started gathering for my legendary about a month ago. My plan from the beginning was to simply get the Gifts, and then save gold as I wait for my Precursor.

If my estimations are correct, and I don’t get lazy doing certain things, I’ll have everything but the Precursor in just under 2 weeks.

Afterwards, I’ll save up gold. Then one of two things will happen. I’ll acquire it through RNG, or Anet will do something that causes its price to drop. Until then, I’ll just keep chugging along.

~Sorrow’s Furnace~
Guardian

Solrune.2691

They should just make precursors craftable and make the mats some of the mats that are under-utilized. Either that or add another set of accomplishments to get one. Also you should be able to trade dungeon tokens for the dungeon’s respective core/lodestone. That would alleviate a bit of the heat off of legendaries.

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

A little research and judicious use of the trading post is in fact the best way of making gold if you don’t have a lot of time to spare. I play 2-3 hours a day, yet have ~200g + full t3 armour, exotics etc.

Realising that neither my class (mesmer), nor my limited time was geared towards farming for gear, I instead spent time studying the TP (Which is something I enjoyed anyway), came up with some spreadsheets and a business strategy. A month or so down the line I now make 15-30g a day (rising steadily over time) for 20-30 minutes work on the TP by setting up appropriate buy orders and selling the products each day – then when I log in I have all the gold i need to buy all the nice things, and I can spend my doing what I’ll find most entertaining.

I’d say it’s like having your cake and eating it

That sounds more like a job than a game.

Posted by: Horheristo.3607

Horheristo.3607

With the current prices to make most legendaries, if I can’t make a considerable amount of gold every day…. I’d probably quit the idea.
Hoping to finish the juggernaut by the end of this week. (Got Sunrise, will make a sweet combo together)