A problem with personal quests

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ruafel.7940

Ruafel.7940

Hello! I have a problem with my personal story. I’m starting to play a quest (some quests can be long and difficult such as ones in Living World). And then I lose connection to the server in the middle of the quest, so I have to start it from the beginning once and once again. I thought the following. If I play the quest on my own why must I have a connection to the server? Maybe the developers could do some sort of offline mode when you play alone in your personal story instance? Or it would be nice to save progress of the quest when you leave it.

Posted by: TheArtOfMouts.7468

TheArtOfMouts.7468

GW2 is an Online game. Only Online.
Will never be different.

Posted by: Elden Arnaas.4870

Elden Arnaas.4870

You should probably look into why your game is disconnecting so much. If you have internet issues in general, I would contact your Internet Service Provider. If it’s just with this particular game, I would contact ArenaNet support.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Are you using wifi?

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

In season 3, your progress is saved based on checkpoints, for some of them at least. If you disconnect during a boss for example, you’d re-enter just before the boss.

If you’re only disconnecting in story instances, try running the game with the option: -clientport 443

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

In season 3, your progress is saved based on checkpoints, for some of them at least. If you disconnect during a boss for example, you’d re-enter just before the boss.

What? Really? I thought only specific instances with either challenge motes or whatever could let you skip right to the boss.

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

I don’t think people understand that chaos of what an offline mode would do in an online game. All of your skills in the game are scripted on the server most of the time and simply wouldn’t function at all.

Even if such an offline mode existed, they would have to cache all of that operations into the harddrive, allowing people to cheat in the game by modifying any data they please. They couldn’t allow anyone to get loot or anything in general while offline because of the fact that you could edit the loot tables yourself.

Yes it’s possible, but it is a LOT of work and a ton of extra security checks and completely impractical because of the fact the game is sold as requiring an online connection at all times to play.