Ability queue, can we disable it?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Celestian.2689

Celestian.2689

So many times I’ll get knocked down then pop up and fire off an ability because of the ability queue. Is it possible to disable it? I looked in the options and didn’t see anything ;(

Please tell me I missed it and it was added at some point and just can’t find it.

Sanctum of Rall – Vigilance
Mesmer/Engineer

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

Hold alt and left click the skill. I think that’s what your referring to?

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

I’ve had this same problem forever Cele. It sucks hard. S/p Thief and you get knocked back and stand up only to instantly launch into a Pistolwhip at the air. “Well, there went half of my initiative…” They really need to make this an option. As of yet, no there is no option to turn this off. The only workaround I’ve found that offers any consistent relief, without wasting dodges, is to deselect your target any time you are knocked back/down, etc.

No, he’s not referring to ‘autoattacking’. He’s referring to ‘skill queues’ like he said. The game will record a second input during a skill animation and fire the next queued skill after the first animation is over as long as there wasn’t a proper interrupt. This can be a HUGE pita sometimes. For instance, you start your might stacking rotation with your Ele in the middle of a fight. You get knocked back after casting Ring of Fire. Upon standing you launch into your last blast outside of the fire field (and/or are probably in the wrong Attunement by this time anyway) so the whole combo is resolved and you wasted 2-3 skills.

Posted by: Jake.1430

Jake.1430

What he means is this:
Your using an ability with a fair cast time, during this time you use another ability. As soon as the first skill is done, the second one will begin automatically.

And I don’t know of anyway to disable it, but I also have never really checked.

Posted by: Celestian.2689

Celestian.2689

Tman is correct, that’s the exact problem.

Bummer they haven’t got a option for it yet. It’s really frustrating. I was hoping in my absence that they had come up with a fix ;(

Sanctum of Rall – Vigilance
Mesmer/Engineer

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

Only thing I could suggest is just not queuing up your skills. If you feel it’s a problem, go a bit slower in the skills you activate.

Posted by: PimmoZ.5497

PimmoZ.5497

Bump

2 Errors Prevented Saving:

Bump Warning: You are bumping a topic whose last post was seven days ago. Please select the manual override below if you still wish to post this.
Message Body length must at least be 15.