About collections...

About collections...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: calyx.9086

calyx.9086

Fine dining might be bugged too or at least it was for me. Recipe: feast of truffle steak dinner. Crafted it without gaining any recognition as being part of the collection. Crafted a second time only to be told I already know the recipe.

I already had this recipe on my main, to finish this achievement, I had to craft the recipe again and use it on another character.

About collections...

Posted by: Kronos.3695

Kronos.3695

I’ve seen a ninja fix at some champion bags’ names (f.e. Icy Strongboxes), that means we’ll have a fix at this collection on the next patch? I’ve reached more than 3000 bags to open…

Kronos Ledaloth, Leader of Bloodstone Keepers [BloS] - Far Shiverpeaks (EU)

YouTube Channel

About collections...

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Erm, that ‘fix’ has been in for over a week…

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

About collections...

Kronos.3695

Erm, that ‘fix’ has been in for over a week…

Didn’t notice that, but it’s still a change to something has been here for more than a year.

YouTube Channel

About collections...

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

I’ll just list up here for once, how much gold it would currently cost me, just to finish my collections so far about much I’m caring for those collections (excluding BLT weapons)

49 Gold Antons Boot Blade
68 Gold Beacon of Light
62 Gold Razahs Nightmare
172 Gold Crustacea
168 Gold Arthropoda
78 Gold Lord Taere’s Shadow.
91 Gold Komalie’s Sacrificial Blade

these 7 are missing for my Exotic Hunter. All others have I already bought from gold mostly due to Loot Sales, Crafting Sales and Dungeon Farming
Prices are from gw2spidy.com

If I just add all of this together, thats whopping 688 Gold that I would need to grind out just to complete that collection if I want to get them directly without having to wait about it, that someone sells those weapons for the Price that I want.
Thats like 688/1,25G = 550 Dungeon Runs !!
If id make for example 5 Runs daily, this would take me 110 Days, or basicalyl said nearly 4 months of straight Dungeon Grinding until I’d have all of this gold, unless I get somehow lucky with my loot drops and can speed up somehow the gold gain.

Somehow I’ve also the feeling, that some people keep the prices of those weapons listed here artificially up, because all other exotic collection weapons quickly fell down in their prices after some time, while those 7 rise and fall and always say the same or even became more valuable, than before.

I can understand that items, like Sam or that other quest related exotic accessoire are high prriced costing around 300g, because their dynamic events are bugged and can’t be farmed due to that alot.
But one should believe, that know were everybody knows whats needed for the collections, that after some time also those 7 weapons should become a kitteneaper again due to alot more players farming for them and thus letting the offer increase naturally.. but the offer stays nearly the same now for a long time.

When i think that I could buy from all this gold also some cheaper precursors or could gear my main chara in ascended stuff xD
But the achievements have higher priority ^^

ABout the collection bugs:

The bug isn’t fixed, if you talk about that one, that requires you to open various kinds of champion loot bags of all their rarieties… opened today again some and no progression.
Or do you have to open first any kind of white quality loot bag first to unlock the collection first, before higher quality loot bags do count towards the collection??

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

About collections...

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

The listed weapons are much rarer than other of those named exotics. Like the 2 karka ones have a very rare chance to drop from Karka champion bags only.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

About collections...

Kronos.3695

I’ll just list up here for once, how much gold it would currently cost me, just to finish my collections so far about much I’m caring for those collections (excluding BLT weapons)

49 Gold Antons Boot Blade
68 Gold Beacon of Light
62 Gold Razahs Nightmare
172 Gold Crustacea
168 Gold Arthropoda
78 Gold Lord Taere’s Shadow.
91 Gold Komalie’s Sacrificial Blade

these 7 are missing for my Exotic Hunter. All others have I already bought from gold mostly due to Loot Sales, Crafting Sales and Dungeon Farming
Prices are from gw2spidy.com

If I just add all of this together, thats whopping 688 Gold that I would need to grind out just to complete that collection if I want to get them directly without having to wait about it, that someone sells those weapons for the Price that I want.
Thats like 688/1,25G = 550 Dungeon Runs !!
If id make for example 5 Runs daily, this would take me 110 Days, or basicalyl said nearly 4 months of straight Dungeon Grinding until I’d have all of this gold, unless I get somehow lucky with my loot drops and can speed up somehow the gold gain.

Somehow I’ve also the feeling, that some people keep the prices of those weapons listed here artificially up, because all other exotic collection weapons quickly fell down in their prices after some time, while those 7 rise and fall and always say the same or even became more valuable, than before.

I can understand that items, like Sam or that other quest related exotic accessoire are high prriced costing around 300g, because their dynamic events are bugged and can’t be farmed due to that alot.
But one should believe, that know were everybody knows whats needed for the collections, that after some time also those 7 weapons should become a kitteneaper again due to alot more players farming for them and thus letting the offer increase naturally.. but the offer stays nearly the same now for a long time.

When i think that I could buy from all this gold also some cheaper precursors or could gear my main chara in ascended stuff xD
But the achievements have higher priority ^^

Many weapons raised up on price since the feature patch, obviously for those achievements. If you don’t want to spent that much, just wait a few months

ABout the collection bugs:

The bug isn’t fixed, if you talk about that one, that requires you to open various kinds of champion loot bags of all their rarieties… opened today again some and no progression.
Or do you have to open first any kind of white quality loot bag first to unlock the collection first, before higher quality loot bags do count towards the collection??

It’s simply bugged: doesn’t matter what tier of bag you’ll open, the achievement doesn’t unlock.

YouTube Channel

About collections...

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

This was posted in the bug forum as well.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Collections

I’m wondering why a part of the ‘feature’ patch nearly 2 months ago is still bugged now. Is it a feature that it’s bugged for this long? Or, less facetiously, why is it that after such lengths have been taken to increase communication between Anet and its players, is there suddenly such a massive wall of silence?

Considering other stuff (less game-mechanical to players at least) was fixed in today’s patch (shadows of all things), why is it so hard to fix an obvious bug like this?

Anet, you should have learned by now, these problems won’t go away, and neither will the people who want to see them fixed up in a timely manner. Not even so much as an acknowledgement of these collections being bugged has graced these forums by way of a red post, nor an ETA of when a fix will come.

What happened to communication?

About collections...

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

I’d love to know this too.

Shouldn’t be wished too much to hear something official about it, when we can expect around approx (just approx, not even a fix date, just approx) a fixing to those bugged collections as I think they clearly were meant by theseptember FP to work already from begin on and aren’t just locked content for later patches which just leaked as content in the FP.

I can’t see, whats so hard about to fix those collections, seeign that those 3 collections aren#t workign now since nearly a month soon, when all whats not working from ithem is just only the unlocking mechanism, thats lets the collections appear when you use any kind of item, thats part of the collection which doesn’t require a specific item to be used just to unlock the collection.

If such problems occur, I just propose, that ANet should completely scrap this concept of “unlockable collections” and implement just only new collections, which are from begin on there…

I see also absolutey no point in it at all, what it should make up for a sense anyways to make invisible collections???
Why hide content from us? Whats the purpose of it to hide achievements from us?
I don’t get it. If it just completely prevents such ridiculous bugs, than please, for the sake of god, never implement again hidden collection achievements Anet and make them always from begin on visible and not require any special items (especialyl when they are so ultra rare like that Jormag Collection Unlocker), just to make the collections appear.

Please keep such senseless mechanics out of the game, which are of no usage, provide no fun, but instead just provide space for potential annoying bugs, which couldn’t happen, if just from begin on that senseless non useful mechanic of hiding achievements wouldn’t haven been there.

Someone could say about all this here just only – if you don’t have any problems, then you create yourself some…

And this here is with the pointless hiding mechanism for collections absolutely the case.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

About collections...

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Guys, they haven’t even fixed events tied to obtaining traits that have been bugged for months, so I’d advise against holding your collective breath. Instead, just assume that it’ll be April before this starts to be addressed, and if it happens sooner, you’ll be pleasantly surprised.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

About collections...

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

I’m less about getting the fix in straight away, and more about the acknowledgement of the bug and them telling us that they know about it. That then puts the onus onto them to get something done.

But from the silence we’re seeing I guess they don’t want to.

About collections...

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

I’m posting this as an appeal to Gaile to try to get some information on this. Can we at least find out what the story is with these broken collections?

About collections...

Kronos.3695

The story is: we don’t care about veteran players.
End of story

YouTube Channel

About collections...

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

End of story

Is that why all Living Story releases are made specifically for max-level and somewhat skilled players?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

About collections...

Malediktus.9250

End of story

Is that why all Living Story releases are made specifically for max-level and somewhat skilled players?

There are much higher skilled players than me, but I find this update was the bare minimum of difficulty for solo players and in groups it become laughable easy.

About collections...

Kronos.3695

End of story

Soloable LS istances are made for skilled players? Pressing F repeatly on a map to dig is supposed to be for skilled players? Ok.

YouTube Channel

About collections...

lordkrall.7241

Soloable LS istances are made for skilled players? Pressing F repeatly on a map to dig is supposed to be for skilled players? Ok.

Achievements in the instances require at least some sort of skill.

Ah yes, lets ignore the fact that the vast majority of the content added require quite a bit more than that, and is repeatedly getting loads of people downed and ends up with event failure.
If it was as easy as people claim there would never be an event failure. All camps would always be held, all dollies would always survive all way to the camps and all camps would always be at highest level of defense with no walls broken.

For some reason that have never been the case on any instance of the map for me.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

About collections...

Malediktus.9250

They dont require skill. I carried a friend through the instance achievements. All he had to do was hitting the stuff once for 0 dmg, which is enough for getting achievement credit.
Even if you solo them they require the amount of skill you would expect from a monkey.

About collections...

lordkrall.7241

And yet your friend required someone to carry him through it.
If it only required the amount of skill you would expect from a monkey he would easily have been able to do it on his own, right?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

About collections...

Malediktus.9250

And yet your friend required someone to carry him through it.
If it only required the amount of skill you would expect from a monkey he would easily have been able to do it on his own, right?

The friend is just too lazy to do anything. He is a trader and always pays people to do things for him because he cant be bothered to spend any more effort than absolutly required.

About collections...

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Back on topic for a minute… still no official word about these broken collections.

There would be no animosity about the quality of a feature patch if only the ‘features’ worked. Why is it so hard to get an answer on this?

About collections...

Kronos.3695

You’ve seen their kind of answer of topics like the “Halloween mini”.
If that is the kind of answers they think we deserve, they better don’t give us any.

YouTube Channel

About collections...

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

But this was something brought out in the feature patch. It seems, from the silence at least, that we’re not worthy of a reason why the collections are still broken.

One of the ones giving issues (which the devs clearly didn’t think about when they “simplified” Queensdale) is Brother Vince at the Monastery, who was supposed to trade ales in return for karma. This has since been removed.

Since there’s still no official word on what’s going on here, all we’re left to do is guess, and we all know how that turns out. My understanding of it is that that is one of the reasons there was supposed to be better communication here.

About collections...

Posted by: Imaginos.3756

Imaginos.3756

Since they’re the only real feature for “veteran players” we got with the feature patch, are you going to fix them or we’ll have to wait ’till the next “fixing patch”?

So far, we found bugged:
- collection of champion bags (find every tier of 5 different bags);
- collection of wines around Tyria;
- collection of beers around Tyria;
- collection of fractal weapons (not confirmed);
and maybe more of them we didn’t notice since they’re hidden but bugged.
Any information about this? I know a lot of players kittened off about the bugs and problems you’ve introduced with this “feature” patch, so a little explanation would be good for your “veteran players”.

The event with Dobbs? in Timberline has been broken since, i believe, before the collections were added and now that dobbs is part of a collection it is even more important to get this event fixed. Events should not be broken after 2+ years of release!

About collections...

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Imaginos, so have the events with the Ogre Wars and the Dredge Commisar, but these don’t get any attention either. These are too easily bugged and have key items attached to them for collections purposes, so a lot of people potentially can be doing them at once.

Why is it so easy for Anet to ‘fix’ stuff that is originally overlooked by them, then exploited by us, and yet so hard for them to fix a series of events for the betterment of the game (improving the experiences with collections)? Neither takes more thought or planning than the other.

Quaggan is disappointed.

About collections...

Guhracie.3419

Imaginos, so have the events with the Ogre Wars and the Dredge Commisar, but these don’t get any attention either. These are too easily bugged and have key items attached to them for collections purposes, so a lot of people potentially can be doing them at once.

Why is it so easy for Anet to ‘fix’ stuff that is originally overlooked by them, then exploited by us, and yet so hard for them to fix a series of events for the betterment of the game (improving the experiences with collections)? Neither takes more thought or planning than the other.

Quaggan is disappointed.

Events tied to obtaining traits are still bugged. This is just how the game is. Think of it as a “feature” which allows the quests to be more elusive and thus more exciting if you can ever complete them.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien

About collections...

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

But still no one can even answer that question – why the trait stuff is bugged so frequently. Obviously the best time to get them done is immediately after a patch hits, because that’s when the servers have reset.

Why we can’t get an official word on thesequests and the collections they’re tied to, well… is the policy to blame there as well?

About collections...

Guhracie.3419

But still no one can even answer that question – why the trait stuff is bugged so frequently. Obviously the best time to get them done is immediately after a patch hits, because that’s when the servers have reset.

Why we can’t get an official word on thesequests and the collections they’re tied to, well… is the policy to blame there as well?

The best form of communication is not to talk about things, and certainly not to do anything about them.

-Someone at ANET, probably.

-Mike O’Brien

About collections...

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

I really don’t wanna say that this kind of talk is destructive, but on this very topic it’s so true.

I’m at a loss to understand how they can ignore it for this long.

About collections...

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

Just came back after three months not playing this game and thought I might chase some collections. Refuse to level another chef just to consume the “Recipe: Feast of Truffle Steak Dinner” which my main chef already learned. Also refuse to pay almost 12 gold to make or buy another. Getting my first collection stuck at 13/14 really soured me towards this “feature.”

Seeing how old this thread is and that these bugs are still not fixed, just makes me want to stop playing altogether.

But in other news: buy more gems!

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServerâ„¢, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

About collections...

Posted by: Kuldebar.1897

Kuldebar.1897

I find the execution of the Collections system to be rather schizophrenic in its implementation.

The idea that you have to get an object from a vendor to “start” some collections, while others just require the collectible makes for an irritating inconsistency.

The drop rates of some items are repetitious while others are virtually non existent.

Collectibles should just go straight to the collection and not be inventory items.

About collections...

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Yea like the item to start the jormag collection =)

About collections...

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

Just came back after three months not playing this game and thought I might chase some collections. Refuse to level another chef just to consume the “Recipe: Feast of Truffle Steak Dinner” which my main chef already learned. Also refuse to pay almost 12 gold to make or buy another. Getting my first collection stuck at 13/14 really soured me towards this “feature.”

Well I got a response back from a ticket I submitted about this… and how do I put this politely…?

Let’s just say y’all can forget about ArenaNet being able or willing to help out in this regard. I think it is fairly safe to spread the word that “Collections” should be chased very much at the players own risk.

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServerâ„¢, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

About collections...

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Hero of the People still bugged.

Claw of Jormag (fragment) virtually non existent and extremely pricey for a single collection-starting item. Drop rates need to be buffed.

Some of the collections are fixed, but which other ones are still screwed?