About that blix exploit....

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Methal.9045

Methal.9045

Cursed Shore 50+ people intentionally failing this event so they can wow farm it, and raging like animals at people who want to finish it…

Claims of 100+gold and hour luring more people to it all the time.

None of the other events are doable because of the amount of jerks farming this thing.
Not to mention it screws up people who want to actually finish the event so they can do the next one.

Posted by: RiverSong.5067

RiverSong.5067

I came across that. I called it a creative use of game mechanics that needs to get looked at.

Failing the event makes the same event to spawn about 5 minutes later. They kill the champion, loot the chest, fail, rinse, repeat.

Someone linked 500+ chests.

My webpage:
pages.videotron.ca/madfang4/

Posted by: Rukh.9287

Rukh.9287

Well crap, I know what I’m doing tonight.

Methal.9045

nah its more like 1 minute to restart it.

Trying to raise awareness.

And its not that good. Unless you got hella range expect to die a lot and not get much even if you think you tag something, you may still not get any loot.
Its about 7 champs per run though. and its a 7-8 minute run.

Posted by: Odin of Ark.4860

Odin of Ark.4860

Be a guarding and take wall skills, wall the entrances and cap it.Worked a few times for me. Bring popcorn for the rage.

Methal.9045

Bring popcorn for the rage.

Pretty much this. I’ve seen less rage in League of Legends

Posted by: Niii Yu.4572

Niii Yu.4572

Bring popcorn for the rage.

Pretty much this. I’ve seen less rage in League of Legends

This is why you should turn off or not pay attention to local chat. It is seriously more toxic than league of legends, and i imagine there is more extreme flaming going on through /whisper too.

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

Local chat only gets bad when you find those farming groups (like the people exploiting Blix) who KNOW they’re not playing the game the way its intended, and just don’t care. They’re focused entirely on grinding their phat loots, and get unfathomably furious when that gravy train is disrupted.

They are the absolute dregs of the GW2 community. I will honestly say outside of those cesspools, the in game community in GW2 is among the best I’ve ever experienced in an MMO.

Posted by: saventis.1485

saventis.1485

Lol I dont look at chat
Iv probly kittened so many of these guys off without even realising

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

It’s more of an unintentional troll than an exploit, considering how easy it is to screw over the people that are trying to do it.

And now that you’ve posted about it, it will probably get trolled even more in its last legs of existing before a fix comes firing in, by a crowd of people who somehow believe that two wrongs make a right.

Or words to that effect.

Methal.9045

I dont mind that its there. Its just that its all people do. There isn’t another event on the map that can gather more than 4 or 5 people.
Fail or not, set the re-try timer to 10-15 minutes so that there is room for other events to be done during the down time.

Posted by: Faereilos.5106

Faereilos.5106

I don’t see the “worse than LoL” rage that you people keep going on about. The troll that killed the Blix farm that I was at was the one boasting about his massive heroic kitten while everyone else joked along with him or ignored and left. I get the feeling anti-farm folks are the toxic ones here.

Posted by: Alugjen Darlas.5329

Alugjen Darlas.5329

Toxic chat Oo what in the world are you talking about . In TxS we are farming this event evry night since there is nothing to do out there for us (Teq>Wurm>Teq>Orr) , we don’t have any problem with ragin ppl or flaming or toxic crap .There are i must say Troll who just want to ruin the fun for some ppl but even if blix dosen’t fail a zerg of 50 player’s can Ez overscale Melandru>Grenth>Jofast>Penti and is pretty much the same all over again .As someone else in this topic has pointed out i have the feeling that those ‘’Toxic player’s’’ are the same ppl who QQ for Zerk,fgs,stack,expansion,nerf Teq,lemmesoloWurmcuzlootplsaNET1111.Srs just say thx to those ppl who atm are tanking dow the T6 price and keepin alive a dead map that should have been revamped 1 year ago (Thx C.J you know what im talkin about ).

[SC]Nine Inch Nose -205 Precurssors .

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Local chat only gets bad when you find those farming groups (like the people exploiting Blix) who KNOW they’re not playing the game the way its intended, and just don’t care. They’re focused entirely on grinding their phat loots, and get unfathomably furious when that gravy train is disrupted.

They are the absolute dregs of the GW2 community. I will honestly say outside of those cesspools, the in game community in GW2 is among the best I’ve ever experienced in an MMO.

So, when players are working together, helping each other in a social manner, thats somehow a "bad’ thing in an MMO. Compared to the people in this thread, including the one whom already admitted to grieving them? You folks certainly have a quirky moral compass. I think it’s truly the pot calling the kettle black. Especially when one of the known players to troll the Queensdale Train was found trolling Blix repeatedly yesterday. I think these complainers are the bad seeds in this scenario. Especially when Blix isn’t being run on every layer. You have a choice NOT to taxi to a layer running Blix.

Oh, and btw… since you mentioned loot, let’s call it what it is, jealously. These few players complain incessantly and whine whenever any large group of players socially farm an area with good rewards. The greater GW2 community would do better without the few bratty children whom can’t allow others to have fun and obtain loot.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

(edited by DeWolfe.2174)

Posted by: Strawberry Nubcake.7163

Strawberry Nubcake.7163

You don’t really need a crystal ball to know how this will end.

Posted by: Gedekran.1487

Gedekran.1487

The toxicity of the community that once existed in Queensdale is as ever prevalent now during the Blix event.

Posted by: Shivan.9438

Shivan.9438

We’re gonna put diminishing returns on loot so you can’t farm. Then we’re gonna nerf good farming spots into the ground, all to make the game less grindy. Riiiiight. Keep swiping your credit card for gems.

Of course people are going to get mad when a good thing gets disrupted.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I find the self-righteous ones that trail these things to be even worse.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Methal.9045

anything Anet? plox?

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

Don’t be too surprised that in the next update the event will be patched to prevent this from happening. Players are creative, they’ll find another place to mob and farm. Give them some time to realise the sheer amount of time wasted getting worked up over trivial things like this. The sweet, sweet moment of revelation

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

I wouldn’t call it an exploit. But it is stupid and cheap. I was passing through the other night, and got at least 5 group invites, and prompty rejected them all. I don’t mind farming, kind of enjoy it really, but purposly failing events to get a champ is just lame. But hey, if thats how you want to play it….

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

My 2¢
1. Next update will almost definitely fix this.
2. People who willfully disrupt the (relatively) harmless activities of other players are true jerks.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

My 2¢
2. People who willfully disrupt the (relatively) harmless activities of other players are true jerks.

Playing devils advocate here:

Aren’t the people not letting players complete that event the jerks?

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

Simply put, while it’s all well and good that 40+ people are gathering together for a common goal, when that common goal defeats the intended purpose of the game… uh… the appeal falls flat.

I’m sorry, but Arena.net is never going to consider playing the game as it is intended (completing events even if the majority want the event to fail) as griefing. And I don’t think they’ve made that stance unclear.

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

Well just to ask the question because it’s there in muh head…. are not one or two traits acquired by purposefully failing events? If so, does this not fly in the face of all those saying that ANet intends for you to be successful at everything?

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: data.4093

data.4093

So, when players are working together, helping each other in a social manner, thats somehow a "bad’ thing in an MMO. Compared to the people in this thread, including the one whom already admitted to grieving them? You folks certainly have a quirky moral compass. I think it’s truly the pot calling the kettle black. Especially when one of the known players to troll the Queensdale Train was found trolling Blix repeatedly yesterday. I think these complainers are the bad seeds in this scenario. Especially when Blix isn’t being run on every layer. You have a choice NOT to taxi to a layer running Blix.

Oh, and btw… since you mentioned loot, let’s call it what it is, jealously. These few players complain incessantly and whine whenever any large group of players socially farm an area with good rewards. The greater GW2 community would do better without the few bratty children whom can’t allow others to have fun and obtain loot.

^^
If Anet wanted to be really cool they would just ignore these kinds of threads and let the QQ from griefers drag on for a long time. Nothing angers the self-righteous, envious children more than not getting their way. And thank you OP for letting me know about this, I probably won’t participate much but it’s a nice change to group up with larger groups(somewhat of a rarity outside boss events).

Remember that no one is preventing the completion of the event. We can’t kill other players in pve…

Posted by: Matisse.9356

Matisse.9356

[…] Claims of 100+gold and hour luring more people to it all the time. […]

Elvis is still alive.

Ayrilana.1396

Remember that no one is preventing the completion of the event. We can’t kill other players in pve…

If only, right?

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

My 2¢

Given the nature of humanity, I suspect jerks on both sides of the divide. It isn’t always easy to determine someone’s intention, though — unless they brag about what they did.

Shivan.9438

i’ve taken some time to research this exploit and was succesful in disrupting the exploit and make gameplay continue as normal.
it was fun, i had a couple laughs we were all on the spot and went down.
as you can see the chat was very happy with the work i delivered so they decided to thank me with most of their gratitude.

Wow, how mature.

If anyone deserves to get banned, it’s players like you who go out of their way to start trouble. Just hope you never decide to farm, because if you do, better make room for lots of crow to stuff down.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

i’ve taken some time to research this exploit and was succesful in disrupting the exploit and make gameplay continue as normal.
as you can see the chat was very happy with the work i delivered so they decided to thank me with most of their gratitude.

Wow, how mature.

If anyone deserves to get banned, it’s players like you who go out of their way to start trouble. Just hope you never decide to farm, because if you do, better make room for lots of crow to stuff down.

On the contrary. I put Blix exploiters in the same class as people who shoot at first responders because the want the house/building to burn down. The goal of the event is to succeed. Intentionally failing it is subverting the intended game play the developers created.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Shjade.4697

Shjade.4697

…but you can scale up the event without participating in it, making it difficult to impossible for others to complete the event depending on how many are actually attempting to play the game as intended.

Faereilos.5106

The goal of the event is to succeed. Intentionally failing it is subverting the intended game play the developers created.

Right, so let ANet handle it. The self-appointed GW police force isn’t needed.

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

How to fix blix farm:
Change the event restart time from 1 minute after chain failure to 20 minutes after chain faiulre

me am best game

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Shivan.9438

This is a video game, intended to play and have fun. Just because someone has the ability to be a jerk doesn’t mean they have the right. Whether or not the event is being completed, to purposefully set out to troll others is pathetic, and this is no way comparable to someone shooting at first responders who are attempting to save human life. This is a group of people farming for loot that will be spent as quickly as it’s earned and someone bragging about being a jerk. For someone to get on a kick about “not playing as the dev’s intended” they can go brown nose the devs at E3 or go white knight on 4chan. Its just a very thinly veiled excuse for wanting to cause trouble.

If failing an event and farming it rewards more money, then perhaps the loot gained from completing it should be increased to make it worth doing.

(edited by Shivan.9438)

Posted by: BlueZone.4236

BlueZone.4236

This just proves people can coordinate with one another, so it at least means the event can teach people stuff and be rewarded handsomely for it, too.

Posted by: Cries Of Sorrow.5864

Cries Of Sorrow.5864

Wow, how mature.

If i ever decide to farm i’m sure your party has the next free slot for me to join brother, i’ll drink to that.
I’m too rich to farm anyway.

Main Elementalist:Train Of Thought
Alt Warrior: Burning Paris
Best Ele build EU.

(edited by Cries Of Sorrow.5864)

Behellagh.1468

The goal of the event is to succeed. Intentionally failing it is subverting the intended game play the developers created.

Right, so let ANet handle it. The self-appointed GW police force isn’t needed.

So how do you tell “the self-appointed GW police force” apart from someone simply wanting to complete the event?

RIP City of Heroes

Shivan.9438

Wow, how mature.

If i ever decide to farm i’m sure your party has the next free slot for me to join brother, i’ll drink to that.

Hey, I farm, I admit it. I have things I want to buy in game for my characters, but I don’t go around making posts on forums about trolling people or disrupt game play for others.

Faereilos.5106

@Cries of Sorrow: Proof that people who complete Blix are doing it to spite the farmers. You don’t genuinely want to help Blix secure Shelter, you’re just there because you like flaunting your kitten.

Ayrilana.1396

The workaround for those wanting to complete the event is to aggro everything and have the zerg kill it. You’re then free to cap a percentage while reviving NPC’s. When the next wave comes run to the zerg and repeat everything you did before.

I know I’ll receive flak for the above but players that want to complete it should be on an even ground as the zerg that doesn’t. I tried it last night and don’t see much of a difference with it compared to regular Orr farming.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

how much money can you exactly get from the train?

I kind of stopped playing GW2, but is still curious.

Posted by: Kibazuka.1390

Kibazuka.1390

haha let them farm and be toxic all they want, no?
i still make way more with my dungeons

Ranger – Drakkar Lake[DE]
Full melee Ranger since August 2012

Posted by: Chris Cleary

Chris Cleary

Game Security Lead

Next

A fix is currently being prepared for this issue.

While the behavior (design) of this event was acceptable in the past, changes in the game over time have created an environment around this event that has become increasingly toxic (for the community) due to unintended use/change of mechanics.

Players should not feel that they are in the wrong for completing an event (or event chain), and that is what is happening with this event. The respawn timer for this event will be significantly increased.

Professor of Bearbow Math @ Tyria State // @Shazbawt // “The Crippler”

Behellagh.1468

The end is near so everyone to Cursed Shore while there is still money to be made.

Oh, BTW what is the chief item that everyone is making their money on from there? I’m looking for a good investment now so to harvest the spike when supply dries up.

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Ravion Hawk.4736

Ravion Hawk.4736

This is what happened to the tunnel farm?

I remember a group of us succeeding that event then running to the other end and succeeding in that event. Then we’d run to the other end, clean our bags, sell junk, post up on the trade post and then do it all over again.

That wasn’t fast enough?

Then again, is this where the QD Champ Train went to? If it is as toxic as it sounds, I’m willing to bet Gems that it is the remnants of the toxic element of the QD Champ Train.

Head of the Order of the Iron Ravens [OoIR]
Lady Alexis Hawk – Main – Necromancer
Ravion Hawk – Warrior

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

This is what happened to the tunnel farm?

I remember a group of us succeeding that event then running to the other end and succeeding in that event. Then we’d run to the other end, clean our bags, sell junk, post up on the trade post and then do it all over again.

That wasn’t fast enough?

Then again, is this where the QD Champ Train went to? If it is as toxic as it sounds, I’m willing to bet Gems that it is the remnants of the toxic element of the QD Champ Train.

Nah, what you’re thinking about is the old shelter/pen farm, which was nerfed more than a year ago.

This farm is a bit different in that you do not capture shelter but repeat the escort/capture event without completing it.

I too have participated in.

I too think it should be nerfed & was going to get nerfed eventually

Posted by: sillypants.5021

sillypants.5021

There was clear evidence that people were completing the event just to spite the farming group. Going invisible so they can’t be whispered, dragging the mobs to the group, and then laughing, saluting, jumping around, etc when the event was completed.

Unfortunately, the groups wouldn’t stop giving them exactly the attention they were looking for. My solution was to just leave, but I guess that’s too much to ask of a group that can’t stop flaming a troll.

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

A fix is currently being prepared for this issue.

While the behavior (design) of this event was acceptable in the past, changes in the game over time have created an environment around this event that has become increasingly toxic (for the community) due to unintended use/change of mechanics.

Players should not feel that they are in the wrong for completing an event (or event chain), and that is what is happening with this event. The respawn timer for this event will be significantly increased.

Thanks for letting us know. It’s appreciated.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: Linaeus.6253

Linaeus.6253

There was clear evidence that people were completing the event just to spite the farming group. Going invisible so they can’t be whispered, dragging the mobs to the group, and then laughing, saluting, jumping around, etc when the event was completed.

Unfortunately, the groups wouldn’t stop giving them exactly the attention they were looking for. My solution was to just leave, but I guess that’s too much to ask of a group that can’t stop flaming a troll.

Unfortunately, you are completely wrong on the attention thing. I made the event succeed so the entire map could go back to farming in a non-cesspool fashion, myself included. Almost every event on maps with this garbage farm were not being done.