About that blix exploit....

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Eh, people will just move to a new spot.

This happens all the time, farmers keep farming.

Posted by: Dagraan.2854

Dagraan.2854

the farming community is actually pretty nice, its like a pool of gasoline running a machine.
but then the matches(anti farmers rich elites) come along and light the gasoline and guess what kitten explodes.

the toxic players aren’t the farmers who just want to make money and not have to be some TP warrior who drive the prices up of goods for their own gain so they don’t have to farm to pay for the increased prices of goods.
the toxic players are the ones preventing people from making money and having a good time.
what do you think happens when you stop a farm? people go do other events? no they sit around and wait or go find something else to farm.
ending farms just kill the map and bring it back it its regular dead self.

Posted by: ixiduffixi.6384

ixiduffixi.6384

Meh, all the farmers knew it was going to happen. “Toxic” community or not, it happens to every farm. I agree that some people go off the deepend about others completing the event. They have every right to complete it for legitimate reasons. However, there was rarely a case of anyone completing it just to complete it. I’m not defending one side or the other, but no one was ever at those events other than to farm, otherwise they would still be completed just whenever a small group of players felt like it. Now suddenly there’s a way to profit off of it (again Anet failure having a greater reward than success is something that really needs to be addressed), and everyone just HAS to complete this event. It’s their God given mission. However, on the flip side. Those who were getting aggressive and insulting at the ones who would complete are just as much at fault here as anyone who was trolling. Guys, we have megaservers now. If your farm is ruined, put a little work in to find a new server. If you are in a map that won’t complete the event and, for whatever reason you have, you absolutely must complete this event, you can also find you a new server. I saw far more servers with the chain completed than not. There were taxis to get into the farmed maps, not the other way around. So you can’t say that the farm was truly hindering anything. You mostly had to go out of your way to find a farmed map. Beyond this though, if there was an honest way to actually make money in this game farms like this wouldn’t exist. Instead the minority of players who have anything of value control the market, making it far more difficult for those of us w/o the blessing of RNGesus to get anything worthwhile. I personally will go weeks at a time w/o a single exotic drop from anything. And when I do, its something like a cleric’s pistol. It shouldn’t be this hard to achieve something you truly want. If you don’t have the luck, we should have the ability to earn it. It shouldn’t be that those with luck determine how much work the rest of us have to put in. Before this farm I was saving ever coin I got for a precursor. However, for every 100g I saved, the price went up by 200g. It’s infuriating and off putting.

Posted by: Lippuringo.1742

Lippuringo.1742

Then again, is this where the QD Champ Train went to? If it is as toxic as it sounds, I’m willing to bet Gems that it is the remnants of the toxic element of the QD Champ Train.

It’s toxic not because of big group playing as they want, it’s toxic because of trolls. I was in QD train, and i run on Blinx farm. It’s always the same: someone just ignore all persuasion for group and kill champs in QD before zerg, or complete Blinx’s event. So essentially just wasted time of big group of players.

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

And this is why we can’t have nice things…people gotta mess it up. It was such a lovely t6 farm too /sigh

Posted by: RoyHarmon.5398

RoyHarmon.5398

You mean like the toxic (heh) alchemist thing in Kessex Hills?

I always try my hardest on that event chain. We’re the heroes of Tyria, not the Consortium.

“It is the stupidest children who are the most childish
and the stupidest grown-ups who are the most grown-up.”
- C. S. Lewis

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

the farming community is actually pretty nice, its like a pool of gasoline running a machine.
but then the matches(anti farmers rich elites) come along and light the gasoline and guess what kitten explodes.

the toxic players aren’t the farmers who just want to make money and not have to be some TP warrior who drive the prices up of goods for their own gain so they don’t have to farm to pay for the increased prices of goods.
the toxic players are the ones preventing people from making money and having a good time.
what do you think happens when you stop a farm? people go do other events? no they sit around and wait or go find something else to farm.

They don’t need to be rich.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Letifer.4360

Letifer.4360

If you feel offended in anyway by anyone just use the report function, as for the farm I see no problem with it and if ANet keeps nerfing every farm in the game there will be a lot of qq about the AH not having certain items anymore or because the price is too high, guess what those items need to be farmed I know crazy right.

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

A fix is currently being prepared for this issue.

While the behavior (design) of this event was acceptable in the past, changes in the game over time have created an environment around this event that has become increasingly toxic (for the community) due to unintended use/change of mechanics.

Players should not feel that they are in the wrong for completing an event (or event chain), and that is what is happening with this event. The respawn timer for this event will be significantly increased.

This is good to hear! I’ve always thought failing events shouldn’t be exploited, and hope this addresses this issue.

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

How are we supposed to get our thousands of warhorn/torch kills now?

Posted by: Stampede.5308

Stampede.5308

Better be careful with this fixes. Anet continuosly nerf drop, nerf rewards, nerf loot… We are earning every day less money/drops than the previous and the prices continue to rise.
1g = 5 gems (WTF, a year ago 1g = 100 gems)
But this is the gemstore, i can stand it
62s = 1 powerful vial of blood (5 months ago 28s = 1 powerful vial of blood)
1300g Spark (march 2014 525g = spark. April 2014 715g = spark)

The prices are rising of more than 100% and the loot and rewards are getting worse and worse.
The ridicolous thing is that fail events and repeat them is more rewarding that succed in them.
This game is getting more and more frustrating, buy something at trading post is becoming ridicolous.
And moreover, why nerfing this kind of exploit, when there are people grinding auction house making money that way? I’m sure and well aware that also auction house isn’t designed to get the rich richer and get the poor on the pave.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

You’re thinking of the wrong solution. If prices for T6 mats/Precursors etc. are the problem, then the answer is to VASTLY increase drops of the above. Make T6 mats a guaranteed drop from certain foes. Increase supply faster than players can use it up, and prices will tumble.

Trying to farm more gold for a finite supply of mats will just result in prices continually climbing higher, creating a vicious cycle.

Posted by: Daggos Skelito.2910

Daggos Skelito.2910

From what I saw, those who succeeded the event, never went on to the next one. My feeling was they just wanted to crash the party! It only got toxic when the trolls came out to play. Then again, there is a bridge right next to the event, go figure huh!

Posted by: Tyyphoon.5301

Tyyphoon.5301

Its interesting how much time and effort the so-called “trolls” spend in trying to deter others’ gameplay. They will even try to do so via the forums. What I find most interesting is that despite the numerous “instances” of any map, if one wanted to complete this event for their personal record, they could do so by just switching to another instance of the map instead of complaining. The community as a whole has become toxic, not the farmers…and you can thank the trolls who indulge in schadenfreude for this.

This has been the case for many, many nerfs/changes. If you are a troll, you will not be invited to my squads.

Also, as already pointed out, if it was not for “farmers” in-game, the prices for individual mats/items on the trading post would be excruciatingly higher. So next time you intend to deter a farming event, think first about how much you will have to pay out of pocket if prices skyrocket due to meager supply, before making a fool out of yourself — essentially, you are “biting the hand that feeds you”.

Thanks.

Tyyphóón (Lv 80 Thief) | Mini Tyy (Lv 80 Ele) [Maguuma]
Mag is the No.1 killer of WvW. -Exciton.8942
What does not kill me, makes me stronger. -Nietzsche

(edited by Tyyphoon.5301)

Posted by: sillypants.5021

sillypants.5021

There was clear evidence that people were completing the event just to spite the farming group. Going invisible so they can’t be whispered, dragging the mobs to the group, and then laughing, saluting, jumping around, etc when the event was completed.

Unfortunately, the groups wouldn’t stop giving them exactly the attention they were looking for. My solution was to just leave, but I guess that’s too much to ask of a group that can’t stop flaming a troll.

Unfortunately, you are completely wrong on the attention thing. I made the event succeed so the entire map could go back to farming in a non-cesspool fashion, myself included. Almost every event on maps with this garbage farm were not being done.

I didn’t mean to imply that was the only reason people were completing the event. I was referring to those who were clearly trolling for negative attention.

Stampede.5308

You’re thinking of the wrong solution. If prices for T6 mats/Precursors etc. are the problem, then the answer is to VASTLY increase drops of the above. Make T6 mats a guaranteed drop from certain foes. Increase supply faster than players can use it up, and prices will tumble.

Trying to farm more gold for a finite supply of mats will just result in prices continually climbing higher, creating a vicious cycle.

You are wrong. this event provides a large quantity of Champions bags and packets, from where t5 and t6 mats drops. make 50 t5 in an hour per type allow people to convert easily in t6 mats.
The more we can loot, the lower are the prices at AH. If anet don’t give players ways to loot t6, the ones in AH rise higher and higher. The more we farm, the lower the prices get!

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

There was clear evidence that people were completing the event just to spite the farming group. Going invisible so they can’t be whispered, dragging the mobs to the group, and then laughing, saluting, jumping around, etc when the event was completed.

Unfortunately, the groups wouldn’t stop giving them exactly the attention they were looking for. My solution was to just leave, but I guess that’s too much to ask of a group that can’t stop flaming a troll.

Stop trying to break the game and people won’t be able to “troll” you. It’s literally that simple…

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Behellagh.1468

Really how do you switch instances? For me if I leave a map and return, it’s the same map, according to how the mat nodes are laid out and farmed already. If you are suggesting that there is an instance of CS where farming isn’t happening, I simply shake my head because it’s happening on all of them. And since it’s become a well known farm, players are coming from all over which simply keeps creating instance for more farmers.

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

You are wrong. this event provides a large quantity of Champions bags and packets, from where t5 and t6 mats drops. make 50 t5 in an hour per type allow people to convert easily in t6 mats.
The more we can loot, the lower are the prices at AH. If anet don’t give players ways to loot t6, the ones in AH rise higher and higher. The more we farm, the lower the prices get!

The Champ bags also give raw coin. THAT’S the main problem with them. Each bag on average gives about, say, 5 silver, right? Well, multiply that 50 bags for 1 hour of farming. Now multiply THAT by 100+ players. And multiply that again by however many map overflows are farming Blix. That is an extraordinary amount of gold being pumped into the economy, far more than would outweigh the extra T6 mats and Cores/Lodestones being generated.

Again, if you want prices to tumble, you really need to VASTLY increase supply. I’m talking about an increase in supply on the level of every single Veteran killed dropped a guaranteed T6 mat. Every single Champion killed drops a guaranteed Lodestone.

Stampede.5308

The Champ bags also give raw coin. THAT’S the main problem with them. Each bag on average gives about, say, 5 silver, right? Well, multiply that 50 bags for 1 hour of farming. Now multiply THAT by 100+ players. And multiply that again by however many map overflows are farming Blix. That is an extraordinary amount of gold being pumped into the economy, far more than would outweigh the extra T6 mats and Cores/Lodestones being generated.

Again, if you want prices to tumble, you really need to VASTLY increase supply. I’m talking about an increase in supply on the level of every single Veteran killed dropped a guaranteed T6 mat. Every single Champion killed drops a guaranteed Lodestone.

I agree. But here we are talking about DECREASE the t6 mats drops. Lodestone prices aren’t the problem. They’re not rising. The problems are T6, runes, sigils and exo/precursors.
If anet continues in his decrease of ways to drop this things, prices will continue to rise and a lot of frustrated players continue to leave the game.

Posted by: Bernie.8674

Bernie.8674

While the behavior (design) of this event was acceptable in the past, changes in the game over time have created an environment around this event that has become increasingly toxic (for the community) due to unintended use/change of mechanics.

Players should not feel that they are in the wrong for completing an event (or event chain), and that is what is happening with this event. The respawn timer for this event will be significantly increased.

That’s good to hear. There’s a similar issue in Viathan’s arm. Yesterday someone was raging at me for attempting to succeed at the event that precedes the one that spawns the Toxic Alchemist. Apparently letting it fail yields more high end spawns and better loot. In all honesty I had no idea because I’m relatively new to them game. Being rewarded for failing an event seems rather counter-intuitive.

Posted by: Shivan.9438

Shivan.9438

Its interesting how much time and effort the so-called “trolls” spend in trying to deter others’ gameplay. They will even try to do so via the forums. What I find most interesting is that despite the numerous “instances” of any map, if one wanted to complete this event for their personal record, they could do so by just switching to another instance of the map instead of complaining. The community as a whole has become toxic, not the farmers…and you can thank the trolls who indulge in schadenfreude for this.

This has been the case for many, many nerfs/changes. If you are a troll, you are not invited in my squads. Thanks.

Exactly, if left alone, the farmers are peaceful until someone comes along and messes it up. True there are some people who complete the event because they’re not aware of the farm that’s going on. But it’s the trolls that make the community toxic by frustrating people on purpose.

Posted by: Dagraan.2854

Dagraan.2854

no but who profits the most from stopping goods and gold from coming into the market and dragging the prices down?

Posted by: CalmestChaos.2463

CalmestChaos.2463

5 silver per champion bag. please. i opened up 250 champion bags, and got only a few raw gold from it. champ bags average 2-2.5 silver per at best. i however did get a ton of tier 5 and 6 mats, 2 charged lodestones, and 2 charged cores. i earned in raw gold about a charged lodestone from 8 or so hours of farming. almost 95% of the gold i earned from champ bags was the items inside on the trading post.

and indeed, if everyone cooperated, the blix farm would be a paradise. everyone was happy. in fact, i once ran for 2 hours on a blix farm, and the worst messages yelled were, and i quote “BACK”. then we had 2 guys who had already ruined 4 other instances of the blix farm ruin this one as well by holding off the mobs causing a 80% cap on the first wave, then again to 100% on the third wave, specifically holding back 2 champions and a dozen other mobs single-handedly for 10-15 seconds with ease. these guys are built to hold out against champions, and play specifically to force event completion. then everyone gets mad at them, which is what the trolls want, and then spends forever trying to find a new instance (aka 6 lfgs asking for a blix taxi that sit in the lfg for 5-10 minutes in that case). we had this awesome run where the teamwork was better than tequatl, and the only things shouted were requests to do what 70 other players wanted a small group to do. blix is a nontoxic environment now. 100% of the toxicity comes from trolls, even the one time we got to 98% before the event failed, there was no anger towards the guy who were purposefully doing it(they got it to succeed the next time though)

arena net is nerfing the event more so because of just how good of a farm it is than how toxic it is. in frostgorge, you earn a champ bag every two or so minutes, here at blix you could get more than 1 per minute on average, and tons of add mob loot as well. its just too good so arena net wants it gone. iv seen the toxicity for tequatl much worse than most of my blix farms, with the exception of the first two which had to many brand new people and were cut very short.

now there are only 2 main kinds of players at the blix farm, serious ones, and a group full of these mean a endless happy farm with shouting being more commander like than yelling, and the troll who tries to force the event to complete, by specifically dedicating themselves to holding off a dozen foes including 1-2 champs and numerous elites as long as possible. this is not the case of the .01% of the population ruining a good farm, but rather arena net stopping a farm as usual.

Posted by: Maoism.9302

Maoism.9302

Especially when Blix isn’t being run on every layer. You have a choice NOT to taxi to a layer running Blix.

What I find most interesting is that despite the numerous “instances” of any map, if one wanted to complete this event for their personal record, they could do so by just switching to another instance of the map instead of complaining.

Please, pray tell, how exactly do I just “switch instances”? I have tried to look for taxis for non-Blix servers, but of course I will get ignored.

And for those of you saying how you guys are bringing the price of T5 and T6 down for the greater good of the economy, stop trying to delude yourselves into thinking how noble you guys are, and how the lesser non-farmers should thank you. Normal Cursed Shore events give T5 and T6 mats just fine.

Am I a farmer? Yes, of course I am, why else will I be in Cursed Shore? But I do not intentionally fail events that affect the whole map just to get those few sacred Guilded Coffers and ignoring everything else on the map.

The moment Blix is active in a map, all other events are put on hold. Arah, Grenth, Melandru, “Mehh, what are those events? I only want my Blix. Rinse, repeat.”

There are people out there who just want to do the normal event chains, like Jofast for example, which will never happen because of Blix.

I am glad that Anet has finally decided to do something about Blix.

Posted by: Nightbringer Tenchi.5794

Nightbringer Tenchi.5794

I’ve witnessed similar flaming and actions from players when the temple defense, specifically in the cursed shore, are being played. farmers say anything and everything they can to try and get people to listen, and if your defending grenth temple or arah gate then your going to get yelled at by someone on the other side of the map. even worse, the blix event stalls all of the temple rescues so if they are closed and people are farming blix the events to free them cannot start, and that’s a big problem when it comes to map completion or actually trying to do arah dungeon.

Posted by: khorne.8592

khorne.8592

Saying the trolls are the toxic ones isn’t exactly true. While they may be the root cause they are not interfeering with my enjoyment on the other side of the map the few farmers that need to resort to abusive profanity filled language on the other hand do. I don’t care if people want to farm that event i have plenty of others on the map to do i can leave that one no worries. Now since i’m farming the rest of the map i need map chatso i know what events are up l. The abusive i’m guessing children don’t and there the ones bringing all the flac on the event. So next event you guys find to farm we all know you will good luck and happy gaming but when you see that 1-5 people out of your 25-50 who need to get abusive kindly join the rest of us in telling them to stop you may notice less flac and your farm may not be whinged about as much there for might last longer.

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Especially when Blix isn’t being run on every layer. You have a choice NOT to taxi to a layer running Blix.

What I find most interesting is that despite the numerous “instances” of any map, if one wanted to complete this event for their personal record, they could do so by just switching to another instance of the map instead of complaining.

Please, pray tell, how exactly do I just “switch instances”? I have tried to look for taxis for non-Blix servers, but of course I will get ignored.

And for those of you saying how you guys are bringing the price of T5 and T6 down for the greater good of the economy, stop trying to delude yourselves into thinking how noble you guys are, and how the lesser non-farmers should thank you. Normal Cursed Shore events give T5 and T6 mats just fine.

Am I a farmer? Yes, of course I am, why else will I be in Cursed Shore? But I do not intentionally fail events that affect the whole map just to get those few sacred Guilded Coffers and ignoring everything else on the map.

The moment Blix is active in a map, all other events are put on hold. Arah, Grenth, Melandru, “Mehh, what are those events? I only want my Blix. Rinse, repeat.”

There are people out there who just want to do the normal event chains, like Jofast for example, which will never happen because of Blix.

I am glad that Anet has finally decided to do something about Blix.

You can still guest to other servers….not saying it’s going to get you a non blix server all the time, but it is still an option.

As for all other events being put on hold. This has nothing to do with blix really. There isn’t enough interest in those events because there are not enough non farmers interested in doing them. Why? They have already done them to death and they offer paltry rewards. If you want to do those events get enough people to do them plain and simple. Create a lfg.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Bravo to Anet for making things clear.

Also, I will run some more Blix before it gets patched. Thanks OP; without this thread I would have never known.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: citypigeon.6358

citypigeon.6358

I enjoy the blix farm, but I definitely agree its for the best it gets nerfed. For the first time in forever I’ve seen Melandru/Grenth/etc be ridiculously under-populated, because the blix train was at its prime. This farm is very bad for the “balance” of the map if it means various large-scale events are almost un-doable.

IGN: zestalyn
zestalyn.tumblr

Posted by: Sunshine.4680

Sunshine.4680

no but who profits the most from stopping goods and gold from coming into the market and dragging the prices down?

TP flippers and people that know hidden farming spots always try to stop new farms from showing up.

Posted by: Telis.4189

Telis.4189

It is amusing seeing all these “white knights” who suddenly want to complete an event they haven’t gone to in the last one and a half years so they can earn a bit of karma and drink the tears of farmers and then claim they are not trolls.

Revert Cursed shore back to the way it was near release and everyone will be happy, Farmers get to farm and the trolls get to complete their events. I don’t get why anet hates farming so much when its very clear that a large % of the player base enjoys it.

I miss the Penit/Shelter runs, met a lot of lovely people running that every evening.

Posted by: Sharki.5693

Sharki.5693

selfish won! now give a content for bday

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Hey Chris. Glad to hear this is getting addressed. And I’m a Blix farmer myself, and admitting this. Seriously, Blix is ridiculous!

That said, could we get unspoken permission to farm it before it’s nerfed? Pretty please?

Also, when you nerf it, could you restore the old penit/shelter far players use to love so much?

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

This is what happened to the tunnel farm?

I remember a group of us succeeding that event then running to the other end and succeeding in that event. Then we’d run to the other end, clean our bags, sell junk, post up on the trade post and then do it all over again.

That wasn’t fast enough?

Then again, is this where the QD Champ Train went to? If it is as toxic as it sounds, I’m willing to bet Gems that it is the remnants of the toxic element of the QD Champ Train.

Or they went to eotm which can get toxic too if you slow down the train…..

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

I think it’s worth saying that if people feel such an intense need to farm/grind that losing an “exploit” like this hurts a lot, then it’s something to look at as far as general event layout goes.

I have seen exploits in games where it’s so bad that people are basically getting all of the rewards they need in a few days, but that sort of gravity doesn’t seem to be the case here. The fact that people find stuff like this and use it feels more like a sort of silent battle against the intensity of the grinds they’re being faced with.

If that’s too cryptic, what I’m getting at is: Make some farming chains easier to do and/or nerf the related grinds. Or, since that is probably a terrible oversimplification of the design, take a closer look at how rewards are being handed out and how many of them people need to get their desired items.

Which you have probably already done before, but I’m suggesting you do it again, Anet. :P

Some random thoughts to get the wheels turning:

- Linear paths are one way (token currency, like the badges of honor) but they have the issue of, “Ok, I got all my badges, now there’s nothing left for me to do, or to spend them on.”

- More control over what kind of loot you get could have an interesting effect. For example, “Hey, you can take those 4 Vial of Powerful Blood and turn them into Ancient Bones in the Mystic Forge. Just add water. And make sure to use the filtered kind, cause tap is gross.”

Anyway, you’re professionals. You’ll figure something out.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I don’t run PvE often but, as a service to my server I did drive the QD and FGS train once a week. Would it surprise you that the same handful of “unfriendly” players whom antagonized the train, were antagonizing Blix? That a player that I found out was antagonizing Gold Boss Blitz layers was antagonizing the community at Blix?

What’’s sad is that this handful of players are whom Chris end’s up protecting. Tron wouldn’t approve…….

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: Shjade.4697

Shjade.4697

and indeed, if everyone cooperated, the blix farm would be a paradise. everyone was happy. … then we had 2 guys who had already ruined 4 other instances of the blix farm ruin this one as well by holding off the mobs … specifically to force event completion. then everyone gets mad at them, which is what the trolls want, and then spends forever trying to find a new instance (aka 6 lfgs asking for a blix taxi that sit in the lfg for 5-10 minutes in that case).

So what you’re saying is your fail train is perfectly happy until it doesn’t get what it wants, and then it throws a fit?

You’re right, doesn’t sound toxic or childish at all.

I was running through Cursed shore on my way to Arah yesterday (I like to skip waypoints sometimes) and saw the Pen outpost under attack, so I cleared through there with some other folks and headed south through the tunnel to Shelter to see it in the middle of its defense event. There were about three people standing around outside the blue line just watching.

My first instinct was, of course, to charge in and save the NPCs.

As I go running by, someone said, “don’t go in” “don’t help.” Puzzled, I didn’t reply (busy trying to not die against two waves of risen mashing in at me alone). During the combat, I saw this incredibly befuddling statement:

“If the risen don’t cap the outpost, we don’t win.”

…what? That’s the opposite of how this works, lady. If the risen CAPTURE the outpost, we don’t win. That’s why there’s this event here saying they need us to help defend the place. Does not compute.

By this point I notice the crowd has grown to maybe 15 people. I’m at a loss for why they’re all standing out there. Then someone finally explains what’s going on. “If you let it fail then you can jump on the farm train. You have to fail if you want to farm.”

There were about 40 seconds left on the event timer, a champ coming in with three elites and a bunch of little guys behind them, still just me there in the middle as they’re charging up, but I had a breather before they’d get to me. So what do I tell them? I say the only thing that, to me, makes sense.

“If I wanted to farm, I’d be in a field.”

I fought them to the last. I died alone, but I held out until the 8 second mark. It ticked down before the risen could fully overcome the outpost’s defenses.

To me, that means we won. If you think otherwise, go set up shop in Arah; you’re clearly already on Zhaitan’s side anyway. Maybe he’ll offer you all the gold you want then.

(Thanks to the charr who came out of the crowd and rezzed me after the event was over. I forgot your name, but you’re a solid guy. n.n)

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

Better be careful with this fixes. Anet continuosly nerf drop, nerf rewards, nerf loot… We are earning every day less money/drops than the previous and the prices continue to rise.

The prices are rising of more than 100% and the loot and rewards are getting worse and worse.
The ridicolous thing is that fail events and repeat them is more rewarding that succed in them.

agree….most events simply aren’t worth doing from a gold-time efficiency standpoint.
outside of a large group doing dwayna and melandru chains, or small group doing the Frostgorge champ train, there aren’t really any events more rewarding than just killing mobs and mining nodes.

events really shouldn’t be more rewarding to fail than win….i’m just not sure how to fix this outside of more high-level “defend an area events” that spawn champs and/or tons of loot-dropping mobs. that way, increasing the respawn of failing events doesn’t kill the farmer….they just move on to the next “rewarding” event.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Galen.9042

Galen.9042

While I fully agree with this response, there are other events that need looking at for the exact reasons you’ve cited: that players should never feel they are in the wrong for completing an event. In particular, the Temple Defense events cause precisely this attitude to surface. Players are frequently flamed and attacked for completing the defense of Orrian temples and Arah, for the cited reason that allowing the event to fail, and then retaking the temple, is far more profitable.

One possible solution would be to make the Temple Defense events just as rewarding as taking them. Instead of single champions like the Corrupted Quaggan that retakes Lyssa, have vast amounts of mobs spawn, as Zhaitan’s minions try to retake their temples by overwhelming the defenders with sheer numbers. Another, far more simple, solution would be to just remove the defense events altogether.

Posted by: Gedekran.1487

Gedekran.1487

All “farmers” that participated in failing this event should be feeling relieved right now. This way Anet gets to fix this exploitative behavior and point to the toxicity of the community instead of calling it for what it was, an exploit on game mechanics. Then banning the people who exploited it, even if temporarily.

Posted by: Geekfox.4267

Geekfox.4267

Now that the Blix event would be adjusted, are you then going to fix the farming issue on Crusader Angaria during Gates of Arah events?

Posted by: data.4093

data.4093

Thread has some crazies in it.

Behellagh.1468

agree….most events simply aren’t worth doing from a gold-time efficiency standpoint.
outside of a large group doing dwayna and melandru chains, or small group doing the Frostgorge champ train, there aren’t really any events more rewarding than just killing mobs and mining nodes.

events really shouldn’t be more rewarding to fail than win….i’m just not sure how to fix this outside of more high-level “defend an area events” that spawn champs and/or tons of loot-dropping mobs. that way, increasing the respawn of failing events doesn’t kill the farmer….they just move on to the next “rewarding” event.

What are we? Efficiency experts or heroes?

RIP City of Heroes

Tman.6349

TP flippers and people that know hidden farming spots always try to stop new farms from showing up.

Oh wow! A TP flippers conspiracy…how novel…

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

All “farmers” that participated in failing this event should be feeling relieved right now. This way Anet gets to fix this exploitative behavior and point to the toxicity of the community instead of calling it for what it was, an exploit on game mechanics. Then banning the people who exploited it, even if temporarily.

Well as far as exploits go, it’s not much of one. I mean, sure if we wheel out formal definitions of exploiting, it’s probably going to fit… but it also brings people together doing an open world activity for hours at a time. Which is apparently Anet’s baby when it comes to GW2 PvE content, judging from the way they have talked about it.

So they can’t be too kitten people for doing open world stuff, even if it involves some exploitative use of events, simply because they would shoot themselves in the foot, concerning what they hope players will spend a lot of their time doing.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: Shivan.9438

Shivan.9438

Apparently you don’t play MMO’s that much. In WoW, one guy was undercutting me in the Auction House on ore to the point that even if his ore sold, he was still below vendor price. You’d be surprised how far someone will go in order to keep a good farming spot hidden or to sell mats and not let people in on how good it is.

Posted by: hstone.7843

hstone.7843

There’s a very simple solution to this problem. The Anet Devs need to restore the Penitant, Shelters, Jofast Event timers. That way everybody wins. People will want to finish the events to get XP and Karma and with enough people the event will scale up to get champs. That becomes your incentive to finish the events, there will be far less negativity, in fact I can’t remember any negativity while farming those events.

The Moment Anet killed those events Curse Shore died. Now they will kill it again but removing this farm. I don’t know why Anet is persistent in killing all farm events in this game. You can even delay them slightly from the original timings so people don’t start complaining that other events in CS aren’t being done.

Tman.6349

Apparently you don’t play MMO’s that much. In WoW, one guy was undercutting me in the Auction House on ore to the point that even if his ore sold, he was still below vendor price. You’d be surprised how far someone will go in order to keep a good farming spot hidden or to sell mats and not let people in on how good it is.

You must not play GW2 that much. If you’re selling on the TP for less than vendor value, then you’re lying because it doesn’t work that way at all. Also, TP flippers don’t work that way at all. Also, this farm isn’t a ‘secret’, obviously, because there is this thread here on the forums about it with a Dev’s response. Would you like to debate anymore silly anecdotes?

*I’ve played since the launch of GW1 BTW

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

It’s toxic not because of big group playing as they want, it’s toxic because of trolls. I was in QD train, and i run on Blinx farm. It’s always the same: someone just ignore all persuasion for group and kill champs in QD before zerg, or complete Blinx’s event. So essentially just wasted time of big group of players.

Thats exactly the thing though. Train is going around doing its thing which is fine. Some players arent part of the train and they’re doing their thing. If they come across a champion they are free to just attack and kill it. its unrealistic to expect players need to threat champions as untouchable until the train arrives or having to enquire if there is train and if this champion is part of that rotation and when the train will arrive etc..

The train simply has no right to be angry much less toxic because someone killed a champion before it got there.

At the end of the day the player doing his/her thing is playing the game as intended, the train a bit less so.