Abyss Dye

Abyss Dye

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: sbr.8170

sbr.8170

In ~900 hours of play I have had 3 Tier 3 Dyes drop, and I kept them all for myself. One white, one cotton candy and another reddish one I forget now.

Abyss Dye

Posted by: Krosslite.1950

Krosslite.1950

zero – have celestial white though on 1 character

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred

Abyss Dye

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

i have over 2900 hours, i identify every dye that i get, and i’ve never had a single one. i’ve never had black or celestial either. RNG is never kind to me, in any aspect it’s implemented into. i’ve pretty much come to accept that no matter how much time and effort i put into an MMO, i’m always going to end up behind the curve simply due to luck.

Abyss Dye

Posted by: Ibbuli.4027

Ibbuli.4027

Over ~1600 hours since pre-start and 0. Black dye was the best for me. After a long combo of 50c worth blues I just started to sell the unidentified dyes. :P

Abyss Dye

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

zero – have celestial white though on 1 character

Same here. Been playing since launch and have not had an Abyss dye drop, but shortly after I rerolled my warrior I had a Celestial dye drop for her.

The table is a fable.

Abyss Dye

Posted by: cargan.5689

cargan.5689

I had one drop. I gave it to my daughter on condition that if she gets one, she gives it to me. She got one and sold it.

Deduct 12g from her allowance?

Only “rare” i have found was a gold dye i got about 5g for i gave up on abyss 25g for black i just use pitch at 1g each

Ulfar SOR

Abyss Dye

Posted by: RainbowSyrup.4130

RainbowSyrup.4130

I’ve only gotten 1 as a drop. But I’ve bought 3. Bought 1 when the game had just launched, 80s ftw ^^

’’I’m sad hanar can’t wear sweaters’’
-Grunt

Abyss Dye

Posted by: Dog.1472

Dog.1472

I have never gotten one.

“Please, you can look down on people without having to be physically above them.
As an asura, I do this all the time.”

Abyss Dye

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Been playing since launch day and have scored one from a drop.

Abyss Dye

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

3 . sold them all

Abyss Dye

Posted by: Mag Li.2581

Mag Li.2581

My partner got one once. Sold it.
I got a celestial once. Sold it too.

We do have a pile of Midnight colours. I like those better

Mag Li [Oxy]
Part 1/2 of a dynamic duo

Abyss Dye

Posted by: Nappychappy.7046

Nappychappy.7046

Dropped in bwe 1.
1,200ish hours in game.
Bought 1 for 3g, got 1 as a drop.
Bought around 100 unidentified dyes (12s a pop) and landed 1 Abyss.

You are using 21 of 100 infractions ermm, PMs.

Abyss Dye

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

I’ve been playing since the very beginning (BWE1) and in all that time, I have had 1 Abyss drop.

On my main, who is a dye collector, I have almost 300 dyes so far, and no celestial, no midnight ice, and only one abyss since way back in the beginning.

Level 80 Elementalist

Abyss Dye

Posted by: poziix.7285

poziix.7285

Very first dye drop I had turned out to be Abyss. That was during the 3 day head start. None since then

Abyss Dye

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Been playing since launch, and the only abyss dye I have is the one I bought.

I don’t even open unidentified dyes anymore, since I never get anything worth more than the dye itself.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Abyss Dye

Posted by: Faereilos.5106

Faereilos.5106

Never got one and probably never will. The last rare dye that I got was midnight ice. Ever since I’ve been only getting worthless common dyes. Sigh.

Abyss Dye

Posted by: Valar Morghulis.7049

Valar Morghulis.7049

I’ve purchased 2. One for 35 silver and one for 20 gold :/

I’ve opened 1,000s of dyes and dye packs from gem store, loot and purchased on TP but never got an Abyss or Celestial. (Have also combined 100s in MF)

Fiddler of Malazan [BR] – Engineer {NSP}

Abyss Dye

Posted by: Fiontar.4695

Fiontar.4695

My second dye ever was Abyss. I used it on my first toon, not appreciating how valuable it might be. I got my second Abyss Dye about two weeks later and decided to bank that one for future sale. (If the price ever hits 28 Gold, I’ll finally sell it).

I haven’t seen another one since, in over 1,100 hours of play. A few months ago I even bought about 200 unidentified dyes, before the price went up above 10S, no luck, so I’ve opened a lot more dyes than a player would see in 1,100 hours of play with out ever buying unidentified dyes off the TP.

I’ve never seen Celestial, or any of the other top five rares either. It could be bad RNG luck, but I tend to believe they made the rares even rarer to try to drive the Gem Store Dye Lottery sales.

(edited by Fiontar.4695)

Abyss Dye

Posted by: Ykfox.3825

Ykfox.3825

I got a Celestial a week ago, and a number of other rares, but never an Abyss. Well, I actually got an Abyss in the first BWE, kinda wish it could have stayed unlocked.

Abyss Dye

Posted by: Coffeebot.3921

Coffeebot.3921

A good three abyss dyes, and I’ve had all bar a black dye over the course of GW2.

Fornicate like you’ve never fornicated before.
I am anti-censorship, for it doesn’t make sense to pander to a minority.

Abyss Dye

Posted by: Bry.8140

Bry.8140

Cheers for the input everyone

Abyss Dye

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

I got a Black Dye once, but never have I possessed anything more precious than that, since launch.

Abyss Dye

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

These are “rough” safe estimations as I have probably made more:
~14 abyss
~8 celestial
~10 black
~15 white
~9 midnight ice
~12 midnight fire

Abyss Dye

Posted by: poziix.7285

poziix.7285

These are “rough” safe estimations as I have probably made more:
~14 abyss
~8 celestial
~10 black
~15 white
~9 midnight ice
~12 midnight fire

Purchased, crafted or from unidentified dye drops?

Abyss Dye

Posted by: Terok.7315

Terok.7315

Looted celestial and bought abyss a month in to the game. Haven’t ever seen a drop. I did loot black though.

Vile Necromancer||Defender of the Beastgate||Slayer of Moa’s

Abyss Dye

Posted by: Distilled.9041

Distilled.9041

I don’t farm due and I got abyss dye in the first week.

Abyss Dye

Posted by: kishter.9578

kishter.9578

None. Playing since BWE2. Haven’t even gotten a white or celestial or gold. I got humiliation though.

same. my score is

0 abyss
0 celestial
0 white
0 anything usefull
but i have over 200 BLC in my bank. WOOTWOOTWOOTWOT

We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2. No one enjoys that.

Abyss Dye

Posted by: Murderin.8269

Murderin.8269

How many have people had over the course of their gameplay?

I have just scored for my 5th.

Lets see what the results are

I got one back when it was worth 5g. Haven’t seen another since

I got 2 celestials in the last 2 weeks though

Abyss Dye

Posted by: Aisunokami.6430

Aisunokami.6430

It’s not a problem – my 8 foot Norn Guardian looks better in day-glo orange, pink and green anyhow. Blinds the opposition in WvW for the easy kill!

I don’t think the enemy can see your armor colors. They see you in the color of your team, red blue or green. Could be wrong on that though.

As for Abyss I’ve had 1 drop. Got it in one of the Shiverpeak areas.

Got 1 Celestial from the 10-pack of dyes bought with Laurels.

You can change this in gfx options, so yes you can see other teams armor and colours

Abyss Dye

Posted by: Adam.4103

Adam.4103

Played regularly since the headstart and the only valuable dyes I’ve ever had are black and midnight fire.

Adam The Vanquisher
Gandara

Abyss Dye

Posted by: lunawisp.2378

lunawisp.2378

Found one, from a level 5 bandit ages ago. Used it straight away.

I prefer midnight ice and I’ve found a couple of those too.

Most of my rare dyes I’ve had to buy from the TP. The prices have become silly in the last few months though, so I no longer bother buying them.

Found pottering around on Desolation (EU).
lunawisp was my peacebringer on City of Heroes – she lives on in memory as my gaming id.

Abyss Dye

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Played since pre-launch for about 1300 hours and only got one woth dye: Black Dye. Never had Abyss, nor Celestial. But I bought Celestial Dye :-)

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Abyss Dye

Posted by: Lukhas.1962

Lukhas.1962

Zero. Playing since first BWE.

Abyss Dye

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

One. My very first dye drop. My last good dye finds were when the drop rates skyrocketed. I got 10 dyes in a couple hours and got a black, white, celestial, midnight fire and midnight ice out of those. Since then, nothing worth much. But since the prices on unid dyes spiked, I have sold most of what I found.

Abyss Dye

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

I’ve only ever had 1, and I’ve been playing almost daily since launch

I hope the one is the only one you wanted and you’re not this bad :|

but yeah Ive had 2 since launch only coz i main on 2

Abyss Dye

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

none… but the Celestial white (2 times), midnight ice (3 times) and midnight fire (2 times) have dropped for me a few times!

btw i bought my Abyss for a bit over 1g a long long time ago xD

Abyss Dye

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Never had an abyss dye…and I’m rather sad about that. My wife got black and white dye in the same fractal run, but I don’t think she’d ever had abyss either.

Abyss Dye

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I had one Abyss during the rainbow profusion and a couple of Midnight Fire dyes, got White the other day in a laurel pack.
My main wears the Midnight Fire and I live for the day I get another abyss to sell for more than 3 g- I still kick myself
Just bought Midnight Skye (I think) for my new Sylvari, it was cheap and matches her hair exactly.
I love dyes

Gunnar’s Hold

Abyss Dye

Posted by: MadDemon.7548

MadDemon.7548

None. In fact, it almost seemed as though the more I played, the less and less I got dyes.

Abyss Dye

Posted by: Anjhouli.7049

Anjhouli.7049

I had one abyss drop during the first month after launch. Sold it far too cheap^^* I got another one 3 months ago. Just a week ago, i got one celestial from a random mob in the genderran fields while searching for the guild mission guy.
The others don’t count, since I used to buy dyes to identify them and so have probably opened thousands of dyes… ^^

Abyss Dye

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

I don’t see any sense in this thread except Bry telling everybody he got five dyes worth 100g. If it wasn’t rare, it wouldn’t be expensive. I got one from a yellow level ~15 moa, who cares.

No sense in this thread?
You’re entitled to your opinion but I did not make this thread to brag, I am interested to see what the drop rate is.

Yes I have had 5 but only 2 have been from open play unidentified dyes, 1 was from the Mystic Toilet and the other 2 came from buying varying amounts of unidentified’s from the TP so I have not scored for them without spending or gambling.

Considering the complete lack of information on the total number of dyes you or everybody else identified, this is completely useless and doesn’t tell you anything about actual drop rates. You got five abyss dyes out of how many unidentified ones?

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Abyss Dye

Posted by: CodeE.4857

CodeE.4857

Played since launch. Zero. Not one rare black or white dye. Also spent 30g on unid dyes a while back because I figured it was time for me to gamble a bit. Still nothing. And now I learn that people that have only been playing for a few months have had several of these? RNG must hate me…

Abyss Dye

Posted by: douceline.2741

douceline.2741

I’ve only had one, and it was from the first and only dye kit I bought from a laurel vendor.

Abyss Dye

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

have had 2. played since late JAN. sold em immediately as the abyss dye really isn’t that good looking. midnight ice dye is 1000X better imo. i have gotten 7 of those

Agree most of the midnight dyes I find to be much nicer than other similar colours.. midnight ice is a particular favourite of mine… for the record I have only gotten 1 Abyss and I too sold it for silly money a month or so ago.

Also I like Celestial and Lipstick.. great combi for those more “confusing evenings” in game

Abyss Dye

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

1 since head start weekend.

That said i’ve also gotten Celestial Dye so its all good.

Abyss Dye

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

I found 1 the first week I played. Sold it on the TP and financed buying a load of unidentified when they where only 5 gold each.

Abyss Dye

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

all i can say is if someone could mail me one it would mean the world to me xD havent gotten any since day 1 .

Abyss Dye

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

all i can say is if someone could mail me one it would mean the world to me xD havent gotten any since day 1 .

Don’t sweat it. As someone else said, the midnight dyes look much better IMHO and are a lot cheaper.

Abyss Dye

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

I haven’t gotten a single abyss, not that I’d care to- it’s probably one of the ugliest dyes- & yet so expensive.

Abyss Dye

Posted by: Weindrasi.3805

Weindrasi.3805

How many have people had over the course of their gameplay?

I have just scored for my 5th.

Lets see what the results are

Are you effing serious? lol I have NEVER gotten an abyss dye, and I play regularly! Finally got sick of hoping and hashed out 20g to buy one.