Delete

Delete

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: warbignime.4610

warbignime.4610

No,.how are players suppose to level without them. And if they removed hearts, then what is the point of map completion? Running simulator 2017?

Some must fight so that all may be free.

Delete

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I think we just had a conversation exactly like this regarding waypoints….

…and now we have one regarding hearts….

…hmmmm

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Delete

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Someone else want to have all waypoints and you want to have all hearts done. I guess that leaves vistas and points of interest to do to get full map completion, until someone decides those are too hard and need them account bound too. At this rate, someone is going to post and ask for full map completion with full rewards as soon as they step out of the starter instance.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Delete

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Someone else want to have all waypoints and you want to have all hearts done. I guess that leaves vistas and points of interest to do to get full map completion, until someone decides those are too hard and need them account bound too. At this rate, someone is going to post and ask for full map completion with full rewards as soon as they step out of the starter instance.

I’m surprised someone hasn’t yet. They’ve been “asking” for an instant level 80 items since like 30 days after launch.

Delete

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

If you like events, just do events that spawn near hearts. It fills the heart while you do the event. Also every time I run by a heart with something easy to do, I do one or two things. Just makes it easier later when I come back to complete the zone.

Delete

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

No,.how are players suppose to level without them. And if they removed hearts, then what is the point of map completion? Running simulator 2017?

1. Increase experience of other map rewards.

2. The point of map completion is not doing heart quest, it’s for the sdventure.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Delete

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Hello, I’m hoping that ArenaNet may see this and consider my feedback. I have been playing GW2 since the start and I have enjoyed everything in it when I first started. However, after getting 100% map completion the first time, the second and third times isn’t as fun because of the Heart Quests which basically just fill the bar. I still enjoy doing mapping and especially the Events. From my understanding GW2 originally didn’t have Heart Quests, they only added it after the closed Beta because players felt lost and didn’t know where to go. So, my thought on the matter is this. Heart Quests are fun the first time and it’s helpful for the new players as some sort of guide, but after that, it becomes serious and boring especially when they’re no events around them. which led me to think, won’t be better if the Heart Quests were account bound? Personal I think the answer is yes, but if anyone else would like to add to it or has a different view that I didn’t consider. They’re welcome to share and let me know why this may be a good idea or a terrible one.

Thanks

No. If you want to do map completion then do the heart. If not then don’t do them. Heart are really no different than most of the events.

Delete

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Taking bets. Account Bound vistas tomorrow?

Renown hearts are meant to take so long because they are a big chunk made up of little stories for the NPCs in the world of Tyria you character is meant to help. Map completion isn’t meant to be easy and instant, which is why the reward at the end are tied to legendary weapons.

So sorry, as I said to the account bound Hero Challenges and account bound Waypoints topics – no thanks. Leave Map Completion as it is.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Delete

Posted by: blade eyes.2034

blade eyes.2034

Please don’t misquote me, I suggested that Heart Quests should be an account bound. Not be removed from the game.

Delete

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Please don’t misquote me, I suggested that Heart Quests should be an account bound. Not be removed from the game.

I believe his point is that by making them account bound, essentially removes them from play for later characters. He’s not talking about removing them completely.

Delete

blade eyes.2034

Doesn’t seem like many people agree with my idea on the forum, which is alright, but I know many other players who are like me and dislike doing Heart Quests after the first time. So, it would be really convenient if ArenaNet added an option to hide the Heart Quests, the same way they have the option in the Content Guide to hide the personal story and events.

Thanks

(edited by blade eyes.2034)

Delete

Just a flesh wound.3589

Doesn’t seem like many people agree with my idea on the forum, which is right, but I know many other players who are like me and dislike doing Heart Quests after the first time. So, it would be really convenient if ArenaNet added an option to hide the Heart Quests, the same way they have the option in the Content Guide to hide the personal story and events.

Thanks

Your post was about doing map completion. If you’re doing map completion, why would you want to hide heart quests?

ANet may give it to you.

Delete

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

So, you’re only wanting an option to make the UI hide heart quests? Why? Just ignore them.

Delete

Just a flesh wound.3589

Doesn’t seem like many people agree with my idea on the forum, which is right, but I know many other players who are like me and dislike doing Heart Quests after the first time. So, it would be really convenient if ArenaNet added an option to hide the Heart Quests, the same way they have the option in the Content Guide to hide the personal story and events.

Thanks

Your post was about doing map completion. If you’re doing map completion, why would you want to hide heart quests?

(If you ever make a mistake when posting, there’s a little pencil icon on the bottom right of your post that you can use to edit it)

ANet may give it to you.

Delete

blade eyes.2034

I like exploring the maps, getting all the vistas etc and finding hidden areas that I missed or forgotten about. I see Heart Quests as nothing but a chore to fill the bar, not all the Events are fun and good. However, there are many of them that have interesting dialogues and little stories.

Delete

Posted by: Jhoul.6923

Jhoul.6923

I made the post for WP, but this I don’t approve, for WP they could add something to compensate the work (like require ppl to tag every WP in a map without porting in one go to get the unlocking WP part of map completion) but just unlocking heart, i do not approve.

Delete

blade eyes.2034

Haha, well I don’t approve of your WP idea. I think there are many WPs in places that doesn’t make sense. Also, like I said, I will be pleased with an option to just hide the Hear Quests.

(edited by blade eyes.2034)

Delete

Just a flesh wound.3589

I made the post for WP, but this I don’t approve, for WP they could add something to compensate the work (like require ppl to tag every WP in a map without porting in one go to get the unlocking WP part of map completion) but just unlocking heart, i do not approve.

His request isn’t that different from yours. Both of you want a substantial part of map completion to be done with the “touch of a button.” It’s only what you are asking for that’s different.

ANet may give it to you.

Delete

Jhoul.6923

Haha, well I don’t approve of your WP idea. I think there are many WPs in places that doesn’t make sense. Also, like I said, will be pleased with an option to just hide the Hear Quests.

Its ok, we all have freedom of speech

Delete

blade eyes.2034

So, you’re only wanting an option to make the UI hide heart quests? Why? Just ignore them.

I a ready do that, but I have to open my map all the time, which isn’t fun.

Delete

Jhoul.6923

His request isn’t that different from yours. Both of you want a substantial part of map completion to be done with the “touch of a button.” It’s only what you are asking for that’s different.

You did not understand my point with WP, you will still have to run to every WP without porting, once you port to another WP the count goes to zero… so you still have to run to each WP for individual maps… actually this would even make it harder and even more mindless… And since you like mindless content I though you would like this idea at least.

Delete

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

You can edit your posts by clicking on the little pencil icon. You don’t have to keep making new ones.

Delete

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

When you say to “hide the hearts” what does that mean, exactly? That you don’t see them? That they no longer count towards map completion?

Delete

penelopehannibal.8947

You did not understand my point with WP, you will still have to run to every WP without porting, once you port to another WP the count goes to zero… so you still have to run to each WP for individual maps… actually this would even make it harder and even more mindless… And since you like mindless content I though you would like this idea at least.

You mean “I’ve done it with one character, can I do it with just one more character and it be instantly done for all the rest”? It’s still instant completion however way you look at it.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Delete

blade eyes.2034

No, just add the option to hide them in the Content Guide, the same way they have the option to hide Events and the Personal Story. I just dislike having the map open the whole time.

Delete

Just a flesh wound.3589

No, just add the option to hide them in the Content Guide, the same way they have the option to hide Events and the Personal Story. I just dislike having the map open the whole time.

Unless you’re starting off a whole new request on this thread, that doesn’t make any sense. Your thread is about doing map completion. Why would you want to hide hearts if you’re doing map completion? What’s the point of making it harder to do when you don’t know if you’re doing them and don’t know if you’re out of range?

ANet may give it to you.

Delete

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Oh look! Yet another “I’m too lazy to play the game, just give me everything, I don’t want to work for anything. Just give me a button that gives me stuff!”

This is about the second thread we’ve had in as many days asking for content done for them. If you don’t want to do them, don’t. No one has a gun to your head. Now if you want world completion, work for it.

People need to stop asking for other people to play the game for them.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Delete

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Oh look! Yet another “I’m too lazy to play the game, just give me everything, I don’t want to work for anything. Just give me a button that gives me stuff!”

This is about the second thread we’ve had in as many days asking for content done for them. If you don’t want to do them, don’t. No one has a gun to your head. Now if you want world completion, work for it.

chuckle

I was waiting for this…

Delete

BrotherBelial.3094

chuckle

I was waiting for this…

I’m not one to disappoint.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|

Delete

Posted by: Shinzan.2908

Shinzan.2908

You don’t have to do them a second time, most of my alts I just leveled through tomes and took to high level content straight away. :p

If you want this for the sake of map completion rewards then that would defeat the point since the hearts are like 70% of the work required for map completion to begin with.

Delete

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

When you say to “hide the hearts” what does that mean, exactly? That you don’t see them? That they no longer count towards map completion?

Well you please stop quoting a post and not posting anything, it’s literally bumping the thread and is against the rules. It’s also making your thread look more popular then it is. I already reported 1 post, but you really should stop. It’s against the forum rules.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Delete

Posted by: Gator.5729

Gator.5729

Let’s put all these posts to rest. Anet please add a “I want it all button” to the character creation screen. Just one click and you have everything the game has to offer. Wait, never mind, someone will still find something else.

Delete

Posted by: Moonyeti.3296

Moonyeti.3296

Let’s put all these posts to rest. Anet please add a “I want it all button” to the character creation screen. Just one click and you have everything the game has to offer. Wait, never mind, someone will still find something else.

People would still complain. “Why do I have to click the button once? It should just happen as soon as I log in!”

Delete

BrotherBelial.3094

People would still complain. “Why do I have to click the button once? It should just happen as soon as I log in!”

Logging in? How dare they make me click or press buttons, to play the game. I should have everything I want! I should want for nothing. I demand someone do all the work for me! I want some to ait there and play the game for me, I only want to tell them what to do. No wait, I don’t want to talk god, that’s so much work, I want psychic powers so they know what I want and I can just sit here in and vegetate!

Delete

BrotherBelial.3094

Logging in? How dare they make me click or press buttons, to play the game. I should have everything I want! I should want for nothing. I demand someone do all the work for me! I want some to ait there and play the game for me, I only want to tell them what to do. No wait, I don’t want to talk god, that’s so much work, I want psychic powers so they know what I want and I can just sit here in and vegetate!

Delete

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Actually I have a new one. Account wide loot drops. Every time an item drops for the character being played a copy of that item is placed on every single character on your account! I don’t know why it has not been asked for before now. Don’t like alts, np just click a check mark in options and the total number of possible characters are added.

Delete

Posted by: Moonyeti.3296

Moonyeti.3296

Actually I have a new one. Account wide loot drops. Every time an item drops for the character being played a copy of that item is placed on every single character on your account! I don’t know why it has not been asked for before now. Don’t like alts, np just click a check mark in options and the total number of possible characters are added.

Okay, but only if every item in all the loot tables drops 100% of the time. Otherwise RNG is to unfair.

Delete

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Okay, but only if every item in all the loot tables drops 100% of the time. Otherwise RNG is to unfair.

True.

Delete

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I’ll start complaining that nothing is rewarding anymore because I have everything.

Delete

Just a flesh wound.3589

If I can get all the hearts by logging in on a new character, then I want the karma from (not) doing those hearts. It’s only fair that I should get all rewards whether I do the work or not. Preferably not, since it’s too, too boring to do the work to get the rewards.

The idea about getting all drops on all my chars is good too. However if I get multiple underwater precursors, I’m going to complain on the forum that it should be one of each type of precursor, not multiples of the same one.

ANet may give it to you.

Delete

Posted by: Neox.3497

Neox.3497

Maybe they should just update the hearts instead. First fix the ones where you barely have stuff to do (e.g. some hearts in KESSEX) and… well add more mobs generally. This game is about FIGHTING and not about running and pressing “F”! Imagine a veteran/champion for most hearts that grant a decent amount of progress for that heart.

Delete

Lambent.6375

This is the part where we act like hearts aren’t as mudane as the quest they were supposed to replace?

Delete

Just a flesh wound.3589

This is the part where we act like hearts aren’t as mudane as the quest they were supposed to replace?

If I recall correctly from almost 4 years ago, the events system is what was put in to replace quests. Hearts were added close to launch as it was discovered that new players didn’t understand what to do and needed some sort of “breadcrumb” trail to lead them from place to place.

ANet may give it to you.

Delete

Lambent.6375

If I recall correctly from almost 4 years ago, the events system is what was put in to replace quests. Hearts were added close to launch as it was discovered that new players didn’t understand what to do and needed some sort of “breadcrumb” trail to lead them from place to place.

Even if they weren’t meat to replace, the heart system is still just as mudane as the quest system of other games.

Delete

Posted by: Trise.2865

Trise.2865

Dear Arenanet:

I’m playing your game a second time and don’t want to play the game a second time.

Plz fix, Thanks.

Delete

Just a flesh wound.3589

Even if they weren’t meat to replace, the heart system is still just as mudane as the quest system of other games.

/shrug. If they were exciting to do, people would be complaining that they could only do them once per char.

Since the core of the game is doing events and since they were added at the last minute because new players had to be led by their nose from place to place, it’s probably intended that they not be exciting. They are filler things to do in between doing events (the game’s quest replacer and the core of what to do) while leveling and to tell those players where their next site to go towards is on the map. It’s why they’re not in the max level maps.

ANet may give it to you.

Delete

penelopehannibal.8947

When progression becomes instant, it’s not progression anymore.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Delete

Posted by: mauried.5608

mauried.5608

Gets down to what exactly does map completion mean.
If the hearts are not to count towards map completion, then something has to replace them.
Maybe all map events now have to be done instead of the hearts.
Simply dumbing down the map completion requirement so that less effort is needed to do it for alts, means that any rewards for map completion must also be dumbed down.
So if you need map completion for legendary weapons, chars that have done the dumbed version dont get them.

Delete

Lambent.6375

Broken ?

Delete

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Haha, well I don’t approve of your WP idea. I think there are many WPs in places that doesn’t make sense. Also, like I said, will be pleased with an option to just hide the Hear Quests.

Its ok, we all have freedom of speech

Actually that doesn’t apply here on the forums …