Account Wallet... I love this!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Even if it doesn’t (and it might), I’ll willingly drag stuff to my char to throw into the wallet just to get it out my hair! Gosh, I’m so happy about that! If its actually a wallet, and doesnt have the 250 stack limit…I may die of happiness.

It will not have the 250 stack limit. Currencies in the wallet will act the same as karma and gold do currently.

Great news, thanks Mark!

When this goes live, what about currencies currently in the bank tabs? Will they be automatically moved or will it be a manual thing? (Either is fine by me to be honest.) Also… any pictures you can share of the wallet?

Thanks again.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: XarOneZeroNine.2374

XarOneZeroNine.2374

I’m actually thinking that they will put it on your inventory screen towards the bottom where Gems, Karma, Laurels and Gold are found now.

They can’t move it too far from the inventory panel because those that don’t visit the main site or the forums would lose their junk if they thought their gems/karma/laurels/gold was all gone. Even if it was a click away somewhere else.

Some sort of pop-up or drop down selector to access your full wallet.
It would be nice if you could choose which four currencies that are displayed on the bottom of your inventory panel and the selector showed you the rest.

I am rather happy about the whole wallet thing. Now hurry up with the stack increase for the remaining collectables.

Oh and stop intorducing account bound time gated crafting mats. Time gating is fine if people could sell the stuff to others.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Even if it doesn’t (and it might), I’ll willingly drag stuff to my char to throw into the wallet just to get it out my hair! Gosh, I’m so happy about that! If its actually a wallet, and doesnt have the 250 stack limit…I may die of happiness.

It will not have the 250 stack limit. Currencies in the wallet will act the same as karma and gold do currently.

bows Thank you!

And to show my appreciation, I am going to go promptly spend money on gems when I get home!

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

This is by far, one of the best things to happen to my gaming experience.
Now I’ll actually have bank space! Yay!

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: MasterYoda.8563

MasterYoda.8563

Ding Ding I was right, thanks for confirmation Mark

Game Security Lead “Closing this thread,
your account,and your 384 other accounts”
GG Anet

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

Awesome news, I can’t wait for this feature

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Posted by: Mark Katzbach

Previous

Mark Katzbach

Content Marketing Manager

Next

Great news, thanks Mark!

When this goes live, what about currencies currently in the bank tabs? Will they be automatically moved or will it be a manual thing? (Either is fine by me to be honest.) Also… any pictures you can share of the wallet?

Thanks again.

All of your tokens in your inventory and bank will be automatically added to your wallet after the update goes live

Sorry I don’t have any screenshots of the wallet, you’ll just have to wait until next Tuesday.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Great news, thanks Mark!

Thanks again.

All of your tokens in your inventory and bank will be automatically added to your wallet after the update goes live

Sorry I don’t have any screenshots of the wallet, you’ll just have to wait until next Tuesday.

Srsly happy! Thank you for clarifying the bank part.

happy dance

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

This is a pretty good quality of life update along with a few other features on this patch.

Thanks a lot for it.

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

Two days ago I started my 30th stack of Badges of Honor (yes, I’ve been spending them, just not fast enough). They’re now taking up an entire bank tab. Between BoH and dungeon tokens, I’ll be getting almost two hole bank tabs back with the introduction of the wallet. Thanks devs!

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

While we love this change, devs, don’t let that distract you from the fact that we still want the option to buy two more bank tabs (for a max of ten) from the gem shop.

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

Oh boy. Considering how we had people going into psychotic outbreaks after getting the “soulbound” Zenith skins with their characters, or when they didn’t receive the Zenith skins they “should have received” from the first achievement chest, I wonder how many dozen topics we will have from people complaining that ArenaNet stole their badges/tokens/moms/whatever.

Will be a funny week.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

While we love this change, devs, don’t let that distract you from the fact that we still want the option to buy two more bank tabs (for a max of ten) from the gem shop.

Just 10 bank tabs? O.o

TO INFINITY AND BEYOND!

Ok, maybe not quite infinity. But a lot more than 10.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Just 10 bank tabs? O.o

TO INFINITY AND BEYOND!

Ok, maybe not quite infinity. But a lot more than 10.

Also infinite bag slots. Although that would probably increase load time by a bit.

Posted by: Zindrix.1750

Zindrix.1750

Do we have to buy the wallet with gems? Or is it just a game feature?

Posted by: Diabolus Anur Kaya.8379

Diabolus Anur Kaya.8379

This is pretty cool in freeing up some room in my inventory…

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Hi,
Do you think you guys can apply this same system/logic to skins? Not just pure skins, but even armor that we bought using dungeon tokens. If I wanted to use that armor for another character, can I easily swap it out? Or, if one day I want to switch to a condition build from a zerker build…storing skins in a “locker” or something vs in bank would be a so nice.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

Or, if one day I want to switch to a condition build from a zerker build…storing skins in a “locker” or something vs in bank would be a so nice.

Never going to happen.

Storing skins would make less people buy Transmutation Crystals, which are likely one of the best selling items in the Gem Store. Adding armors to a locker is complex since a piece of armor has multiple variables that need to be tracked, while dungeon tokens have none.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Or, if one day I want to switch to a condition build from a zerker build…storing skins in a “locker” or something vs in bank would be a so nice.

Never going to happen.

Storing skins would make less people buy Transmutation Crystals, which are likely one of the best selling items in the Gem Store. Adding armors to a locker is complex since a piece of armor has multiple variables that need to be tracked, while dungeon tokens have none.

No no, I still would be OK with transmute stones being required to use the skin again.

Im talking about freeing up bank space and having a central repository with every skin/armor that you have acquired throughout the game, so that you can mix and match whenever you feel like it.

Like the PVP locker in the mists…Or in the achievements tab where you can grab the zenith skins(just require a transmute stone).

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: ColinJohanson.2394

Previous

ColinJohanson.2394

Game Director

Next

Just to quickly extra clarify, you will need to log in with each of your characters for their items to be deposited into the wallet. It won’t auto grab everything from all of them.

Posted by: scala.1670

scala.1670

Never going to happen.

Storing Skins will make people buy “less”? If there is a PvE locker. I’m sure it will be set in place if, and if they do it this way, to be able to withdraw said skin piece but use a transmutation stone for each use with the ability to use that same skin unlimited uses. Making them buy them more which is obviously better and more profitable than to have 1 of “x” skin and only use the transmutation stone once.

I hope they implement something like this.

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

Can’t find the post right now, but there was mention that pristine relics would not be stored? If this is true; why not? Is there anything excluded from the wallet?

Posted by: Spiral Architect.6540

Spiral Architect.6540

Never going to happen.

Storing Skins will make people buy “less”? If there is a PvE locker. I’m sure it will be set in place if, and if they do it this way, to be able to withdraw said skin piece but use a transmutation stone for each use with the ability to use that same skin unlimited uses. Making them buy them more which is obviously better and more profitable than to have 1 of “x” skin and only use the transmutation stone once.

I hope they implement something like this.

Me too. This would be a win/win for players and ANet.

XarOneZeroNine.2374

Can’t find the post right now, but there was mention that pristine relics would not be stored? If this is true; why not? Is there anything excluded from the wallet?

Pristine Fractal Relics will not go into the wallet. I have no idea why…

After the wallet is in place, the tokens are no longer physical objects, they are handled the same way that gold, karma and laurels are handled. So like you said, it makes it a lot easier to use them at the vendors as you no longer have to go to your bank to withdraw them.

And to answer another question: Pristine Fractal Relics are not part of the wallet.

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Because the wallet is for items that you get an abundance of. Getting 1 pristine fractal per day isn’t enough to warrant a spot on the wallet. Otherwise you’d have people complaining and asking to put a slot for Gifts of Exploration or all your lvl 80 Krait Slayer Greatswords and what-not.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

What do they mean by “tokens”?

Posted by: Da Sonic.6521

Da Sonic.6521

Will Containers of Liquid Karma be deposited automatically, or will we still be able to save those?

Genesis Theory [GT] (HoD)

Posted by: Yeni.3507

Yeni.3507

Actually, Fractal Relic is needed to downgrade or upgrade vial, glob and shards, also use to upgrade exotic version of Triforge Pendant to ascended version. So it would make sense to allow us to withdraw them from our wallet.

A bit disappoint that we can’t store Pristine Fractal Relic in to our wallet though. Just a wee bit.

(edited by Yeni.3507)

Posted by: zeus.2375

zeus.2375

WHAT?!!!! I can’t not wait until next Tuesday.

XarOneZeroNine.2374

Because the wallet is for items that you get an abundance of. Getting 1 pristine fractal per day isn’t enough to warrant a spot on the wallet. Otherwise you’d have people complaining and asking to put a slot for Gifts of Exploration or all your lvl 80 Krait Slayer Greatswords and what-not.

Before I say all this, don’t get me wrong here. It’s really not that big of a deal whether they are or not but it doesn’t line up with the other relics.

Seriously? No one is asking for ‘lvl 80 Krait Slayer Greatswords’ or gifts of whatever to be in the wallet.

The question came about because Pristine Fractal Relics are aquired the same way Fractal Relics are aquired and spent at the same vendor. Martins quote even said “it a lot easier to use them at the vendors as you no longer have to go to your bank to withdraw them” in reference to everything else. This is exactly what we have to do with Pristine Fractal Relics.

Side note: You can aquire up to 5 a day currently not just 1. They are also used in much smaller numbers than the other tokens, but that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be in the wallet.

It makes no sense to me.
Aquire them the same way as something else that goes into the wallet. Check
Spend them at the same vendor as another wallet currency. Check
Put them in the wallet. Nope.

Clarification would be nice.

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

Great news, thanks Mark!

Thanks again.

Aww I wanted to keep a stack of badges in my bank to so I have them. Like those 200 mystical cogs that I cant do anything with.

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

So my 5-6k fractal relics won’t be wasting a level 1 character for storage? great and finally

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: IceBlink.4317

IceBlink.4317

Just to quickly extra clarify, you will need to log in with each of your characters for their items to be deposited into the wallet. It won’t auto grab everything from all of them.

Can you confirm if our jugs and vials and whatever of karma will be safe (as in, they won’t be auto-consumed), allowing us to use karma boosts before we manually drink them for extra karma?

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

Can you confirm if our jugs and vials and whatever of karma will be safe (as in, they won’t be auto-consumed), allowing us to use karma boosts before we manually drink them for extra karma?

Just drink them now, you know it’s coming.

Posted by: Rahaji.8312

Rahaji.8312

Are they going to unify dungeon drops into one currency?

IceBlink.4317

Are they going to unify dungeon drops into one currency?

Very much doubt it, it would make everyone just play the easiest dungeon to wear other dungeon gear.

IceBlink.4317

Just drink them now, you know it’s coming.

I’d rather ask anyway. XD

Actually, I’ll PM one of the devs and hope I get a response.

edit – bah, ColinJohanson’s PM box is full. XD

(edited by IceBlink.4317)

Posted by: zerorogue.9410

zerorogue.9410

Won’t this break the golden achievement? or will the achievement count towards the wallet total now?

Also awesome new feature btw.

Posted by: Ryan Diederich

Previous

Ryan Diederich

Gameplay Programmer

Next

I’m wondering if this wallet will simply replace the bank for the achievement. Some of us don’t have the golden title yet (getting close)

The “Golden” title can still be acquired, simply by having 200g, since depositing coins into the bank is no longer possible.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I’m wondering if this wallet will simply replace the bank for the achievement. Some of us don’t have the golden title yet (getting close)

The “Golden” title can still be acquired, simply by having 200g, since depositing coins into the bank is no longer possible.

Ack! This is actually terrible news. By “this” I mean the merging of the bank storage for coin and what is on each character. I always keep <2g on any given character. Part of the reason is avoid accidentally fatfingering a buy/sell order on the TP and end up wasting all my gold.

I really hope there is a replacement for that. Oh and “be more careful” is a really crappy answer for that.

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Oh boy. Considering how we had people going into psychotic outbreaks after getting the “soulbound” Zenith skins with their characters, or when they didn’t receive the Zenith skins they “should have received” from the first achievement chest, I wonder how many dozen topics we will have from people complaining that ArenaNet stole their badges/tokens/moms/whatever.

Will be a funny week.

…….The sad part is, I can totally see this happening next week.

Posted by: Verdelet Arconia.6987

Verdelet Arconia.6987

Great news! thanks alot! now i can put other stuffs in the bank

Taking SS of the tokens as evidence in case some is lost due to the account wallet being bugged!

Attachments:

Posted by: Arimahn.3568

Arimahn.3568

Not to rain on your parade but this could’ve been implemented a little sooner than now. In fact, a wallet is such a simple, fundamental feature it could’ve been in at launch.

Posted by: DoctorOverlord.8620

DoctorOverlord.8620

This is great to see! Can’t want to do some bank housecleaning.

Check my GW2 Comic Dynamic Events http://goo.gl/JyB3J (Short Google Link to Fan Content Forum here)

Posted by: kishter.9578

kishter.9578

indeed this is an amazing idea…i feel so nice about this method now.

We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2. No one enjoys that.

Posted by: Martin Kerstein.3071

Previous

Martin Kerstein.3071

Head of Global Community

As we have two separate threads with identical questions: Let’s continue the discussion here.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/jubilee/Token-Wallet-Thank-you-a-net/