Achievements Bugged? [Merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: lowerlord.7391

lowerlord.7391

I dont know if its just me but all my maxed out weapon master and slayer achievments are incomplete since the maintenance. I’m missing 1 of each kills like 999/1000 in slayer and 4999/5000 in weapon master. Anyone else got the same issue?

Posted by: Vectrox.1573

Vectrox.1573

Same problem here. Master of Overkill is 299,999, Gold Hoarder is 1,999,999 and so are all the slayer achievements..

Posted by: Diy.5296

Diy.5296

Same here, a lot of weapon master and slayer achievements are 1 shy of being complete now, also emergency response (5000 events) was too.

Not a big deal, other than Gold Hoarder, I don’t think I’ll ever have 200g at one time again.

Posted by: Almeida.7562

Almeida.7562

Same here
I dont understand why a “maintainence” can interfere in achievs :P
I think Anet should be more clear about patchs , even small ones.
Players should be more supportive and understand that “nerfs”, “boosts” and changes are necessary , and can/should be discussed without going insane
that is the only way to help ANET making this game even better and better.

Posted by: Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Tosha Daydreamer.9251

https://twitter.com/GuildWars2/status/301665448532004864

“We are aware of issues with the achievements. Especially for the lifetime survivor, which is not that trivial to regain as the others.^RD”

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

For me lifetime survior is much easier than 200 gold in bank. I had survivor, but an only a quarter into the second.

I was happy to have gotten over 4000 points just twoi days ago. And now it is back under. Still, this did happen once before and the points reappeared later.

Posted by: Xuro.5861

Xuro.5861

They better fix the gold hoarder one or I’m gonna be kitten 200g is not something that was easy to obtain for this title.

Posted by: Menzzo Berranzan.8379

Menzzo Berranzan.8379

I am so looking forward to gaining Survivor again!
Glory be! I’m glad i’m still working towards the gold hoarder one, your pain must be immense.
“We are aware of issues with the achievements. Especially for the lifetime survivor, which is not that trivial to regain as the others.^RD”
Survivor must be a cake walk compared to gold hoarder,

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Thank god I still had enough to just re-deposit the gold for gold hoarder… the survivor one… ugh…

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Posted by: TRON.1085

TRON.1085

Before patch I was on 4195 points, now im on 4125 points, I have lost 70 points.

So far these I have found bugged / lost.

499,999/500,000 for survivor so I have to do it all over again???

All you can eat 799 serving’s…

The rest seem to be in slayers and weapon master..area..

Master of overkill…299,999…

999/1000 Rishen/zhaitan’s bane, I definetly had 1000+ risen killed…

Indiscrimanate Slayer 999/1000….

Bandit Slayer 999/1000…

fish, Devourer, dredge, elemental, ghost buster, inquest, nightmare slayer… 999/1000 for all of them lost aswell…

Thats what I found so far im looking at the others now.

Others say the same thing in map chats.

Also my pumpkin carving is gone since 3 patches ago….

(edited by TRON.1085)

Posted by: Clark Skinner.4902

Clark Skinner.4902

You better fix Lifetime Survivor!!!

Posted by: Aziff.3248

Aziff.3248

Lost a lot of points as others, have Pumpkin Carving achievement bugged as well.

+1600 hours played as Asura Necromancer | Miniature Collector
Pain Killer [pK] | Blacktide EU | PVE: Corruptionmancer | PVP: Support Wellmancer

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

In my character select screen I had 3,980 points now I have 3,915…but meh I don’t really care that much

Pretty much everything you said I have had done to me as well

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Posted by: Lysico.4906

Lysico.4906

I lost the 1000 slayer kills for all the mobs (was 999 but still)

AND the big one, the lifetime one where you don’t die over x amount of xp..

Zero posts from the Devs either.. Come on folks, give us some info please

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

I agree. A little bit of that communication that ArenaNet said they’d get better about….

Posted by: Winfernal.9208

Winfernal.9208

“Kharomir” – Human Guardian
[DW] Dynasty Warriors, [TNA] The Northern Assembly
http://www.farshiverpeaks.com

Chuo.4238

Thank you. I don’t have a Twitter account, so I’d never know they posted that. I can’t imagine why they’d not post it on their own forums.

Posted by: Winfernal.9208

Winfernal.9208

Thank you. I don’t have a Twitter account, so I’d never know they posted that. I can’t imagine why they’d not post it on their own forums.

Neither do i. But i know that Twitter is one of the most efficent ways to update communities. So i did google “guild wars 2 twitter”, and found this.

“Kharomir” – Human Guardian
[DW] Dynasty Warriors, [TNA] The Northern Assembly
http://www.farshiverpeaks.com

Chuo.4238

Neither do i. But i know that Twitter is one of the most efficent ways to update communities. So i did google “guild wars 2 twitter”, and found this.

Then they oughta put a sticky on the forums saying: “We don’t communicate here. Check Twitter.”

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Then they oughta put a sticky on the forums saying: “We don’t communicate here. Check Twitter.”

You mean this?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum

(scroll down, look to the right)

Posted by: AidanTaylor.3872

AidanTaylor.3872

European Community Manager

Next

We are aware that several of the slayer-style achievements have been affected by a recent fix that was implemented to combat an crashing issue.

We are also aware that this may have affected other achievements and if you notice any other achievements that may also be affected feel free to post below, so we can look into them

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

You should take this opportunity to fix the “1 under” bug with the Hints achievement, too. That one for me has been stuck at 82/83 (if memory serves) for awhile, even though I have every hint checked in the hint document.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Azjenco.9425

Azjenco.9425

How exactly did this break? O_o
Talk about random…

Posted by: Tipsy.5802

Tipsy.5802

lots of the the slayer -style achievements are missing one again indeed: 999 kills and several explorer parts have had a setback of a place to visit:iOrr/Maguuma explorer, one place is missing now as well.Went from like 4007 yesterday night to 3868 anet points.
Hope they will ever give a deeper meaning to Anet points as well,not just something to brag with

Posted by: Plastered.2315

Plastered.2315

Please fix Hint ahivment.

Has been stack on 81/83 for many month now. all my hints are marked checked in Hints panel.

Thanks

Posted by: Xuro.5861

Xuro.5861

We are aware that several of the slayer-style achievements have been affected by a recent fix that was implemented to combat an crashing issue.

We are also aware that this may have affected other achievements and if you notice any other achievements that may also be affected feel free to post below, so we can look into them

Gold Hoarder -> 1.999.999 / 2.000.000 after patch (this one has to be fixed as most no longer have this in the bank).

Master of Overkill -> 299.999 / 300.000 after patch.

Pumpkin Carver has been bugged since 28 januari.

Posted by: Evning.8495

Evning.8495

Is the Lifetime survivor bugged so bad that you can recomplete it?

because i cant.

Posted by: Caprila.4951

Caprila.4951

All of my slayer titles seem to have been reduced by 1 kill (999/1000).

The only one I really care for is the legendary survivor, which is now reads 499,999 out of 500,000, and wasn’t trivial to achieve..

Hoping it can be patched, and not soemthing I have to try and regain :/

Posted by: Aziff.3248

Aziff.3248

Master of Overkill is completly bugged now, doesn’t give any points too.

+1600 hours played as Asura Necromancer | Miniature Collector
Pain Killer [pK] | Blacktide EU | PVE: Corruptionmancer | PVP: Support Wellmancer

Posted by: Nalora.7964

Nalora.7964

The slayer bug has actually fixed my drop rate bug. For the first time in months I am getting drops, my bags were actually FULL this morning. I guess my kills were not counting, and this could have explained my more than 50 percent no drop rate. I for one like this bug and am calling it a feature.

DEMAND Bunny Slippers and a bathrobe!

Posted by: sik.2147

sik.2147

Achievements of mine that I noticed affected:
Gold Hoarder (1,999,999)
Master of Overkill (299,999)
All of my Slayers that were completed EXCEPT Zhaitan’s Bane are at 999. Zhaitan’s Bane is still 1,000/1,000 for me.

Edit: Wanted to add that my All You Can Eat achievement (that seems bugged for others) was not affected, it still shows complete for me.

(edited by sik.2147)

Posted by: rgrwng.4072

rgrwng.4072

My broke achievements:

NEW! World Completion: 99%, docked a single Waypoint
- I do not normally check for it, because Character Selection still displays 100%, and so does the Achievement panel in Character Selection (the World Star)

[ Tradesman: ]
Gold Hoarder: 1,999,999
+ first one i did, because it was considered the most difficult for me. i no longer have that much to fix it.

[ Weapon Master: ]
Master of Overkill: 299,999/300,000
+ the second most difficult for me

Sword Master: Redone
Shortbow Master: Redone

[ Community: ]
All You Can Eat: Redone (Thanks to Eda’s Pies!)

[ Slayer: ]
Centaur: Redone
Drake: Redone
Harpy: Redone
Spider: Redone
Indiscriminate: Redone
Bandit: Redone
Skale: Redone
Bat: Redone
Shell: In Progress, no change
Devourer: Redone
Dredge: Redone
Elemental: Redone
Ettin: In Progress, no change
Ghost: Redone
Giant: In Progress, no change
Grawl: Redone
Griffon: In Progress, no change
Hylek: Redone
Flame Legion: Redone
Fish: Redone
Imp: In Progress, no change
Inquest: Redone
Insect: Redone
Jotun: Redone
Krait: Redone
Minotaur: In Progress, no change
Nightmare Court: Redone
Ogre: In Progress, no change
Ooze: In Progress, no change
Pirate: Redone
Plant: In Progress, no change
Raptor: Completed, no change
Skelk: Redone
Skritt: Redone
Sons of Svanir: Redone
Troll: Redone
Wind Rider: Redone
Wurm: Redone
Zhaitan’s Bane: Completed, no change

I am guessing i lost points too, but i have no way of proving, because i don’t take screenshots every night. Jumping Puzzles seem to be unchanged, which is nice.

(edited by rgrwng.4072)

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

Take this time to finally fix the hints complete one, and the pumpkin carver,

Master of Overkill i got last night, and it never awarded any points at all, it says 0 points at max level, ( its maybe supposed to be like that i dunno )

Posted by: roostapro.9827

roostapro.9827

Gold hoarder is at 1,999,999 for me now, I still have golden title but i no longer have 200g to fix the bug.

Everything else is easily obtainable for me except for gold hoarder now.

I am sad

Eredon Terrace – Voladeir Roost (Ele)|Roosta (War)|Error Occurred (Gua)|Àneskâ Necrötiâ (Nec)
RoostaGW2

Posted by: Turial.1293

Turial.1293

Lifetime survivor, master of of overkill, gold hoarder are the 3 I would love to just be fixed asap.

I have most of the slayer achievements maxed but only some of them were affected by the bug. Slayer and weapon kills really are trivial and you will get these without trying, might be back to all full by this evening or tomorrow depending on how many characters or areas that you play but the initial 3 are not easily obtainable and do need a fix. Pumpkin carver has been broke since the 28th and still no fix.

“Some of my best friends are heterosexual”

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

Ditto on gold hoarder. I got that a long time ago and no longer have the gold in bank to fix it.

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

Posted by: Nalora.7964

Nalora.7964

My all you can eat was reset, but I ate one thing, and it completed. My slayers that were completed were all reset 1 under, but can be completed and I do get the reward points for them.

My survivor is 1 under. I do not know if it can be completed again, because I have no clue how far in I am since my last death.

Some of my weapon kill achievements were reset, but then miraculously reset again and are correct now.

Again, my drop rate is much much better, the drops are not superfantabulous in quality but they are much more similar to what I experienced in Beta WE’s and just after launch to the Nov. 15 patch.

I had noticed at one time that my slayer seemed to be stuck, because I went around killing shells all day and it never moved.

I noticed many many events working as well that I had never done, or had not done in months because they never triggered. Very fun and exciting morning for me!

DEMAND Bunny Slippers and a bathrobe!

Posted by: Kaede.1267

Kaede.1267

I lost 125 points total (I know this because when I first logged on after maintenance my character selection screen still showed 4778, and I had 4653 after I picked a toon).

Only things I got hit with are All You Can Eat, Slayers, and some Weapon Master tracks, which are easy enough to fix, and Master of Overkill, which didn’t provide any points to begin with. Pumpkin Carver is still unfixed from last update.

Oddly enough my Lifetime Survivor was intact, and coincidentally I’m in the process of getting my Golden title (thank god). Good thing I decided to derail from my title couple of weeks ago when I spent fortune gearing up my Thief with nice stuff for no reason. I do hope you can fix these two for people affected though. I’d be pretty mad too.

Posted by: Rajani Isa.6294

Rajani Isa.6294

You should take this opportunity to fix the “1 under” bug with the Hints achievement, too. That one for me has been stuck at 82/83 (if memory serves) for awhile, even though I have every hint checked in the hint document.

Don’t know about you, but for me it won’t register/give the Trebuchet hint – that’s the last one I need.

Posted by: rgrwng.4072

rgrwng.4072

I have been going through and getting the slayers done again (see above), but i wish i knew why it happened. The Gold Hoarder one was a kick in the groin for me…

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Another day, another fail by Anet, nothing suprising or shocking here.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Qwerty Azerty.1790

Qwerty Azerty.1790

I lost pumpkin carver but that was a few patches ago. Haven’t checked the others.

Posted by: Talsi.1469

Talsi.1469

Mine affected achievements:
all I have already completed under “Weapon master” (4999/5000)
Master of Overkill (299999/300000)
almost all I have already completed under “Slayer” (999/1000) (Zaitain bane and Ghost buster were not affected)
Gold Hoarder (1999999/2000000)

Lifetime survivor was not affected and Hint completion still bugged (82/83).

“Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
and I’m not sure about the former.” Albert Einstein

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

I’ve lost literally dozens of achievements that I’d already completed. Am I seriously expected to redo all of these achievements? How many times in the future will I be expected to completely redo my achievements even if I do them all over again now? This is crazy.

(edited by Celtic Lady.3729)

Posted by: Auruan.2837

Auruan.2837

Since rgrwng.4072 was already so kind as to put up the list of achievements that need to be fixed, I’ll just add one he seems to have missed. (If not, pardon my poor eyesight.)

Lifetime Survivor is also 499,999 rather than full.

Posted by: punix.2816

punix.2816

Don’t know about you, but for me it won’t register/give the Trebuchet hint – that’s the last one I need.

I have all hints checked and also stuck at 82/83 for quite a while. If you have troubles with the trebuchet one, just enter PVP and use the testing trebuchet north-north-west of spawn point to get this hint marked.

But i also hope they fix this in line with the new one-point-under achievements.

Posted by: Niacin.4926

Niacin.4926

Same storry as everyone above. Lost one point to all maxed Slayer, Weapon Master, Gold Hoarder, Overkill, Master Carver achievments and others that I havent looked at. Total loss of achievment points is 110 points. I was 10 points away from 4k points :/ This really sucks, getting a 300k hit is not an easy thing on a guardian that is now my main.

Rox Bladerunner [Guardian] ~ Pi Batty [Warrior] – Yak’s Bend
Sunrise ~ Bifrost ~ Bolt

Posted by: PainShot.7154

PainShot.7154

“Miniature collection” its on 53/54 too…
I wont buy/sell again all expensive minis to do this again. Fix this too :/

Attachments:

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Same storry as everyone above. Lost one point to all maxed Slayer, Weapon Master, Gold Hoarder, Overkill, Master Carver achievments and others that I havent looked at. Total loss of achievment points is 110 points. I was 10 points away from 4k points :/ This really sucks, getting a 300k hit is not an easy thing on a guardian that is now my main.

Mighty Blow with hammer should easily do 300k+ damage, saw screenshots doing 500k+ on stuff like rabbits.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: AidanTaylor.3872

Previous

AidanTaylor.3872

European Community Manager

Next

My broke achievements:

~snip~

I am guessing i lost points too, but i have no way of proving, because i don’t take screenshots every night. Jumping Puzzles seem to be unchanged, which is nice.

Thank you for this list

You will lose the points when you lose the achievement, but finishing the achievement again will give you back the points (re-achieving the achievement) .

Edit: To clarify, I am not telling you the solution is to go out and do them all again, just that when a solution does come about you will regain those points.

(edited by AidanTaylor.3872)