in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zahld.4956

Zahld.4956

yeah more gem store stuff for anet.

Add Guild Name Change

Posted by: Latorn.4209

Latorn.4209

With the coming expansion and old players returning to claim guild halls, etc. I think this is a pretty important addition to the gem store.

Player’s might not like the name they picked 3 years ago (also the addition of apostrophes in guild names wouldn’t be bad either haha ).

Add Guild Name Change

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Ya, you are right right now that is the only way people can change their guild name, but it would be great in the future if we could pay to change it if we wanted to.

Also open up for a guild to be bad eggs stealing dungeons etc then just change their guild name and continue doing it.

Add Guild Name Change

Posted by: Zahld.4956

Zahld.4956

Cool down time.

Add Guild Name Change

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Ya, you are right right now that is the only way people can change their guild name, but it would be great in the future if we could pay to change it if we wanted to.

Also open up for a guild to be bad eggs stealing dungeons etc then just change their guild name and continue doing it.

This appears to be the primary reason why we can’t change our display name (i.e. the ones that are used alongside our posts on the forums), as well as why we can’t change guild names.

On the other hand, perhaps ANet could also create a “guild display ID” that works the same as our personal display ID. That is, every guild would get a permanent name (“My Guild.12345”) and an in-game name.

I say “perhaps” even though I think this is a GW3 type of feature — for GW2, it would cost a lot of resources to add the relevant mechanics, UI, database management, and other features and provide a minor benefit to a tiny fraction of the community. (However, if they consider it before planning GW3, it might be relatively cheap to do alongside everything else.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Add Guild Name Change

Posted by: Mikah.4510

Mikah.4510

make it like the name change contract in price, and add a cd, I like it.

Add Guild Name Change

Latorn.4209

Wait… Are you telling me jerk players intentionally band behind guild names so that they can intentionally be labelled as trouble makers? Why would anyone want to join a guild with a bad reputation? No one outside the guild would group with them…

As far as I know, most “bad eggs” act on their own.

I mean… It’s kind of silly for “bad eggs” to all join up together in a rotten guild… It’s like leaving your name and address at a crime scene…

Edit: If this was really an issue.. The “bad egg” could simply leave said guild and join another, giving that one a bad reputation..

(edited by Latorn.4209)

Add Guild Name Change

Posted by: Misa.6908

Misa.6908

I wrote to the support and got my guild name changed within 10 minutes, try to do that.

Add Guild Name Change

Posted by: Bomber.3872

Bomber.3872

I think anet will sadly never add such a feature. For example our guild with ~300+- member had for 2.5 years the name “Flussufer united corps [FUC]” which was no problem for these 2.5 years. Then some little kid reported us (probably because it was bored) and anet decided to force us to rename (we assume that the reporting kid claimed that our guild tag might remind US minors (12-18) on an “bad” american word…).

If there would be a rename option we would have renamed back of course. So anet would have to create big and harsh manual filters for this option to not get spammed by kids crying about guild names.

-> probably more work than it would do good for anet…

IGN: Euer Verderben
[RUC] Riverside United Corps! For Riverside!

Add Guild Name Change

Posted by: Skynet.7201

Skynet.7201

Great idea. I hope this is implemented in the future, maybe a part of guild builds. It would be a great option, as opposed to making a whole other guild.

We created the perfect infiltration machine.
Join 9K+ GW2 players: https://www.facebook.com/groups/GW2Gamers/
All are welcome!

Add Guild Name Change

Posted by: TheNotAFurry.7402

TheNotAFurry.7402

Anything anyone finds vaguely offensive they"ll change it like that even if you’ve been running with that name for years.

Add Guild Name Change

Posted by: veslarius.8425

veslarius.8425

I didn’t see this topic on the forums, if its already here then I apologize. Could you guys sell a guild name change contract in the gem store please? It would be very useful and I’m sure it would be a good seller.

Add Guild Name Change

Posted by: Tenrai Senshi.2017

Tenrai Senshi.2017

You could just give the guild name change contract a 6 month cooldown if you want to avoid troublemakers.

It’s not like guilds that genuinely want to change their names for positive reasons intend to do it often anyway, because they typically want to build up familiarity with players and have others recognize their name, so it would be counterproductive to change it too regularly.

Add Guild Name Change

Latorn.4209

Was hoping this would be announced during guild week

Add Guild Name Change

Posted by: Xbon.9086

Xbon.9086

Your guild name can only be changed if it’s offensive, and depending on the severity level, it may be disbanded,

Add Guild Name Change

Latorn.4209

Your guild name can only be changed if it’s offensive, and depending on the severity level, it may be disbanded,

Which is why this is a suggestion to add a guild name change option in the gem store

Add Guild Name Change

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

I didn’t read all the responses but look up their policy on changing your account ID. The same reasoning would stand for changing the guild name. Lots of suggestions have been made over the years such as keeping the new name attached to the old name in some way but anet doesn’t want to bother.