Adding flavor to titles

Adding flavor to titles

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

Suggesting that titles have boosts. Combat stat modifying boosts do not apply in PvP.
Heres a few examples:

Combat Healer:
Increase outgoing Revive Rate and Healing Power by 2%
Decrease Power and Condition by 1%

Volunteer:
Increase Magic Find and Karma Gain by 5%
Decrease Gold Find by 10%

Golden:
Increase Gold Find by 12%
Decrease Magic Find and Karma Gain by 5%

Veteran of the Mist:
Increase WXP gain by 5%
Decrease EXP gain by 5%

Adding flavor to titles

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

No.
No no no.
No.

Adding flavor to titles

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

It could work and would have to be balanced well, but I would like to see titles mean something other then just being empty shells ^^

Adding flavor to titles

Posted by: Cold Hearted Person.6154

Cold Hearted Person.6154

Well, the idea is interesting tho it could start gw1 title farming again, in gw1 title also had some effect on players, like adding unique skills or stats, and that caused people to farm them, think of it as another version of AP farming.

Altho, its off topic but it could be great idea if Traits had -/+ effects(pros & cons).

AND

No.
No no no.
No.

“No” what? at least you could use some argument here, could you try to elaborate on that “No”?

Adding flavor to titles

robertul.3679

No.
No no no.
No.

“No” what? at least you could use some argument here, could you try to elaborate on that “No”?

No I do not agree with OP’s idea of titles having special effects.

Adding flavor to titles

Posted by: Ryoki Hokishami.2756

Ryoki Hokishami.2756

Suggesting that titles have boosts. Combat stat modifying boosts do not apply in PvP.
Heres a few examples:

Combat Healer:
Increase outgoing Revive Rate and Healing Power by 2%
Decrease Power and Condition by 1%

Volunteer:
Increase Magic Find and Karma Gain by 5%
Decrease Gold Find by 10%

Golden:
Increase Gold Find by 12%
Decrease Magic Find and Karma Gain by 5%

Veteran of the Mist:
Increase WXP gain by 5%
Decrease EXP gain by 5%

It’s an interesting concept, but by design, none of the limited time titles could apply for this. So like using volunteer is out. I like the idea of combat healer raising revive rate. No one uses the title, and it would add use to big raid like scenarios like Teq.

Adding flavor to titles

Posted by: CobaltSixty.1542

CobaltSixty.1542

No.
No no no.
No.

LF 3 War must have greatsword master title for +2% damage.

Adding flavor to titles

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Sorry but I don’t agree with attaching anything else to titles.

Would be nice to have more titles available in game though.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Adding flavor to titles

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Nah, then people would be forced into using a title that they don’t like the sound of just for a bonus.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Adding flavor to titles

Cold Hearted Person.6154

No.
No no no.
No.

sigh…and WHY do you not agree? you know, to “…I do not agree…” argument ther is usualy a follow up “…because…” that define your argument, just for future reference “because i say so” arguments are crap worthy.

but hell, this post will propably make you jump at me with your teeth…

Tho that aside, adding effects to titles wont necessarily be a good idea, but as it is titles have no meaning, i mean 99% of the titles you get for just doing your daily stuff, i dont even see titles as i have players names turned off in option.

(edited by Cold Hearted Person.6154)

Adding flavor to titles

Xenesis.6389

Reason why you wouldn’t allow stats on titles is because some of the titles are limited to the content they’re present in, like needing meta achievements from an event, some might not even be available to get again. With the couple that you could get easily you then force a lot of people to use those titles.

I like the idea, but maybe it would only be limited to a few titles you could get easily at any time. But then you go back to what doggie said, it forces people into using titles they may not want to over others just for a bonus. I still use my Emissary of the Mad King title which I think was only available for the 2012 halloween event.

North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.

(edited by Xenesis.6389)

Adding flavor to titles

Cold Hearted Person.6154

Reason why you wouldn’t allow stats on titles is because some of the titles are limited to the content they’re present in, like needing meta achievements from an event, some might not even be available to get again. With the couple that you could get easily you then force a lot of people to use those titles.

I like the idea, but maybe it would only be limited to a few titles you could get easily at any time. But then you go back to what doggie said, it forces people into using titles they may not want to over others just for a bonus. I still use my Emissary of the Mad King title which I think was only available for the 2012 halloween event.

Well, i do agree with you, but whenever someone say “forced” it makes me laugh, like “HAHAHAHA” kind of laugh, its player decision to use something or force the use of it on others, i never felt forced to use anything in this game nor i ever used anything that i didnt want to, the “forced” bit is all just in your head.

Adding flavor to titles

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

Anet doesn’t need to add to their balancing nightmare.
Obviously some titles will be used more than others, till they become required in certain metas to wring out as much damage as possible for a particular spec (zerker; conditions).

They already did something similar in gw1. It only made the PvE-skills even more overpowered for facerolling content.

Devona’s Rest

(edited by blakdoxa.7520)

Adding flavor to titles

Xenesis.6389

Well, i do agree with you, but whenever someone say “forced” it makes me laugh, like “HAHAHAHA” kind of laugh, its player decision to use something or force the use of it on others, i never felt forced to use anything in this game nor i ever used anything that i didnt want to, the “forced” bit is all just in your head.

So of the 4 titles that were used as an example which of them would you use mostly?

Adding flavor to titles

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

And of course a player can choose not to optimize and booted from most pugs/speed groups.
I want to take my awesome hard-earned magic find title in the dungeon run but team is like “wtf no damage title? lol” boot

Devona’s Rest

Adding flavor to titles

Cold Hearted Person.6154

So of the 4 titles that were used as an example which of them would you use mostly?

If i was limited to only these 4 then propably Combat Healer, but not really cause its effect(other than in dungeons im a solo player), i like the sound of it, well i wold like it even more if it was called Combat Engineer as i mainly play on my Engi, as for the effect it could come in handy from time to time, but the effects on these titles are so small that you could go with any of them and you wouldnt see a difference.

Adding flavor to titles

Cold Hearted Person.6154

And of course a player can choose not to optimize and booted from most pugs/speed groups.
I want to take my awesome hard-earned magic find title in the dungeon run but team is like “wtf no damage title? lol” boot

Ok, i understand your stand point, but its still the same, players forceing players to do what they want, nothing more.

Also, optimize, is something you do in accordance to your build, playstyle and of course task at hand, not build/playstyle of others, especialy since you have your own area of expertise, so changing your build to what others want could lead to you being less effective.
Also if your damage is at good spot and you are weak in other area, than instead going with damage increase titles you would rather want some defensive title, even if your party is telling you otherwise, who knows better your build, you or them?

And to begin with, the titles effects, if they would have such a small bonus like mentioned in op, wouldnt be as noticable as those who demand the use of them would want it.

And beside, would you really like to play with people that act like that?

Adding flavor to titles

robertul.3679

No.
No no no.
No.

sigh…and WHY do you not agree? you know, to “…I do not agree…” argument ther is usualy a follow up “…because…” that define your argument, just for future reference “because i say so” arguments are crap worthy.

but hell, this post will propably make you jump at me with your teeth…

Tho that aside, adding effects to titles wont necessarily be a good idea, but as it is titles have no meaning, i mean 99% of the titles you get for just doing your daily stuff, i dont even see titles as i have players names turned off in option.

I do not agree because in my opinion they are a bad idea.