Additional Right Click on Player Options

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

If the inspect option were implemented, I’d feel pressured to always wear masterwork equipment. And, since I’ve invested a lot into ascended celestial everything, I think I gotta pass.

Dueling? Only if you like being pwned by someone in all greens (and I don’t mean a Sylvari).

~EW

(edited by EphemeralWallaby.7643)

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

you wouldn’t EVER look at someone’s gearing actively or passively? Ya no one ever looks at cleavage, its just too inappropriate.

Um, what exactly does looking at someones gear vs cleavage? I was asking what you based the “most would enjoy whether or not they agree with its implementation.” part. Most?! Most of the posts on this topic, in EVERY thread it has popped up in are heavily weighted against it.

What are you basing your assumption that most people would enjoy it?

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

you wouldn’t EVER look at someone’s gearing actively or passively? Ya no one ever looks at cleavage, its just too inappropriate.

Um, what exactly does looking at someones gear vs cleavage? I was asking what you based the “most would enjoy whether or not they agree with its implementation.” part. Most?! Most of the posts on this topic, in EVERY thread it has popped up in are heavily weighted against it.

What are you basing your assumption that most people would enjoy it?

The need to know and of course epen.

I think in some games there are toggles for gearcheck. Could be off by default.

Miku.6297

Eq use to have inspect options, I never really messed with it in other games, any way.

You have evidence here and in the other threads about this topic that it would infact not be welcomed/enjoyed.

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Eq use to have inspect options, I never really messed with it in other games, any way.

You have evidence here and in the other threads about this topic that it would infact not be welcomed/enjoyed.

Some people saying no gear check cause raids hardly encompasses the community. For proof look no further than people on forums crying for Desert Borderland to be completely removed forever. “Everyone” thought that finally scrapping the DBL was a slam dunk. Well as any WvW person who uses the forum can see, their view point hardly covers the entire population’s wishes.

Miku.6297

While it’s true the forum posts are the minority of players. It’s something that can be counted; as opposed to saying “most would enjoy” something based on nothing, or your own personal assumption.

Any way this is getting off topic.

I’m 100% no on the inspect function…

Dueling on the other hand would be kinda fun ~ (as long as it’s opt in to see challenges)

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

1. Dueling is fine in WoW, where you have a subscription fee, because normally it’s only mature adults that can afford to play WoW. GW2, however, is not subscription-based, and therefore has many children that can afford a one-time payment. I don’t know about you, but I don’t want a “Player X has requested a duel with you” box popping up at me every 30 seconds. Trust me, it happens in other MMO’s. A lot.

2. There have been plenty of times where I wanted to inspect another person’s equipment because I was curious about what armor they were wearing. I see no harm in it.

The people that are against it because of “Elitists kicking them from the party” obviously haven’t noticed that the elitists kick based on achievement points/mastery points nowadays. There will always be something they can kick you for… regardless of the inspect option. I say add it.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

(edited by Galtrix.7369)

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

As noted before, you can already inspect anyone’s gear — just ask them for their (secure) API key and look it up via one of the various websites that shows info. It’s also possible for them to give you a link to e.g. GW2 Efficiency’s character page (they can choose to make it viewable by the public).

Obviously that’s less convenient than an in-game option — the advantage is that you can do it now.
--————————————-

Similarly, you can choose to duel in-game now. Guild arenas, PvP private arenas, and WvW. Again, less convenient than “right-click, duel now” and again available now is its advantage.

So the question remains: how does ANet providing these options in the game make things better for the community as a whole? Why are these features more important to prioritize than any of the other 145,241 suggestions?

Speaking for myself, I don’t see them adding to my experience, plus they have the potential to bring out the worst in people.

tl;dr both “features” available already, via work-around; lots of other good ideas that I’d rather see first.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

@Morte de Angelis.7986

So what you’re saying is that it will be used to exclude/ridicule people, but over all you would like it so you can inspect gear.

Every time you say “dont join those groups” or anything like that it makes me stop and think… If you want to play optimized and kick out anyone who doesnt think/gear/play like you want heed your own advice Form your own groups.

Did you miss the point where he said he does, but the casuals still try to get in? (Usually expecting to be carried by the more skilled players)

Then I can see what you are saying, I just respectfully disagree, I would not want a tool that enables that sort of attitude more than it’s allready here.

I’m wondering if the lack of an inspect for this sort of content amplfiies the problem, rather than reduce it.

Miku.6297

Did you miss the point where he said he does, but the casuals still try to get in? (Usually expecting to be carried by the more skilled players)

I’m wondering if the lack of an inspect for this sort of content amplfiies the problem, rather than reduce it.

Nope I saw that, but the same thing happens in casual runs, a couple of elitists join and turn a casual run the other way. If saying “just make your own group and rules” is good enough for one side, it should be the same for another.

I’m guessing adding this feature would make it worse. Try checking the elitism in some of the mmos that do have this… Yea no thanks on that coming here any more then it is.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

As I’ve said before:

1. Dueling? I’m fine with the idea so long as there is an option to turn it on/off and it is disallowed near crafting, bank, TP, potential RP hubs, etc.
  2. Inspect? Nope. What my avatar is wearing is not your business.

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

As I’ve said before:

1. Dueling? I’m fine with the idea so long as there is an option to turn it on/off and it is disallowed near crafting, bank, TP, potential RP hubs, etc.
  2. Inspect? Nope. What my avatar is wearing is not your business.

I agree with this. I’d be sad to have what someone is wearing cosmetically automatically available as well. Asking or being asked about a cool piece of gear is a good conversation starter.

Posted by: Shafara.8217

Shafara.8217

Im more expecting something like a submenu ‘emote’ like ‘request hug’, ‘highfive’ or or ‘firm manly handshake’.

Posted by: kurfu.5623

kurfu.5623

… normally it’s only mature adults that can afford to play WoW….

Oh my God, that is the most hilarious thing I’ve read all week!

You’re kidding, right?

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

This thread comes down to two different types (ignoring the dueling children, anyway).

One type is perfectly happy with whatever someone decides to do, presuming it’s not actually abusing someone.

The other has a strong desire to tell people how to do what they’re doing, for no other reason than because they think they should be able to.

I know precisely which type of person I’d rather spend my time with.

stale.9785

1. Dueling is fine in WoW, where you have a subscription fee, because normally it’s only mature adults that can afford to play WoW. GW2, however, is not subscription-based, and therefore has many children that can afford a one-time payment. I don’t know about you, but I don’t want a “Player X has requested a duel with you” box popping up at me every 30 seconds. Trust me, it happens in other MMO’s. A lot.

2. There have been plenty of times where I wanted to inspect another person’s equipment because I was curious about what armor they were wearing. I see no harm in it.

The people that are against it because of “Elitists kicking them from the party” obviously haven’t noticed that the elitists kick based on achievement points/mastery points nowadays. There will always be something they can kick you for… regardless of the inspect option. I say add it.

LMAO on the whole idea that WoW is remotely more mature than GW2.

The entire reason I left WoW was because you couldn’t spend more than 20 seconds between bloody children following you around demanding duels.

“You scared bruh? Duel me bruh!” Block.

Suddenly, clanmates appear “You scared bruh, duel him bruh. Don’t be a kitten.”

Repeat this for the entire duration of a weekend of gaming. For months.

No dueling in this MMO, please – it only appeals to the children.

Miku.6297

I’m 100% against inspects, but dueling I wouldn’t mind. Painting over EVERY person that wants duels like this is a craptastic thing to do; it’s not only children that would enjoy some form of dueling outside the mists.

I do have to agree on the humor about WoW being more mature then GW2… unless maybe they mean more “mature” some of the chat there is a lot less player friendly…

Posted by: CryptoPseudoNym.3125

CryptoPseudoNym.3125

Solution to inspection is simple. Combine the current concept of “ping gear” with build templates.

Still no.

I can see it now…

Me: (joins fractal group..)
Party Leader: Ping Gear
Me: (Pings)
Party Leader: You have the wrong sigil on your weapon/armour GTFO.
Party Leader: (Kick)

Do Not Want…

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

Solution to inspection is simple. Combine the current concept of “ping gear” with build templates.

Still no.

I can see it now…

Me: (joins fractal group..)
Party Leader: Ping Gear
Me: (Pings)
Party Leader: You have the wrong sigil on your weapon/armour GTFO.
Party Leader: (Kick)

Do Not Want…

This can happen now.. What’s your point?

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

LMAO on the whole idea that WoW is remotely more mature than GW2.

The entire reason I left WoW was because you couldn’t spend more than 20 seconds between bloody children following you around demanding duels.

“You scared bruh? Duel me bruh!” Block.

Suddenly, clanmates appear “You scared bruh, duel him bruh. Don’t be a kitten.”

Repeat this for the entire duration of a weekend of gaming. For months.

lol, I had no clue. From my experience, I only met adults in WoW that didn’t act like complete children. It was a rarity when I got a duel request more than once. Then I came over to GW2 and got random whispers from kids that made no sense, party invitations every couple seconds from strangers, and you can forget about civilized conversation in PvP. If you have an off day, you can expect to hear, “L2P, scrub.” and “noob!”. On a day where you pwn everyone else it’s, “Wow, get a life brah!”.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

No, no and no! There is no reason to do this, if you are already playing with like minded people you don’t need any of these things. This is of zero value in a game that does not gear chase nor does anyone with any real skill need to be completely decked out or wearing the optimum gear to do any of it’s content so that’s also BS.

Isn’t WoW and with any luck never will become WoW, actually if you read up on Legion, they are trying hard to become GW2 LOL!

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

Illconceived Was Na.9781

This thread comes down to two different types (ignoring the dueling children, anyway).

One type is perfectly happy with whatever someone decides to do, presuming it’s not actually abusing someone.

The other has a strong desire to tell people how to do what they’re doing, for no other reason than because they think they should be able to.

I know precisely which type of person I’d rather spend my time with.

I fall into a third type: I prefer that ANet work on different features than the two mentioned. They add nothing to the game (for me, nor for the vast majority of folks with whom I play).

Plus, the game already offers the ability to duel and to inspect gear; at this point, the question is how convenient do you want to make it. I don’t think it needs to be more convenient; other people do.

Posted by: Wigglesworth.2751

Wigglesworth.2751

if you really want to duel you could just costume brawl

I’d say no to seeing peoples builds, but to see skins & equipment names would be handy – many times I’ve thought what weapon is that? what cool pants! where do I get that backpack???? so if I didn’t have to hassle someone to find out that would be great.

Posted by: Silvatar.5379

Silvatar.5379

You should add the following options when Right Clicking on another player

“Challenge to a Duel”
Temporarily switch to PvP mode and have players fight until one is in the downed state.

“Inspect Player”
Show a read only version of the player’s Equipment Screen including gear, selected glider, and even build configuration.

If anyone else has great ideas for what else players should be able to do to other players with right click, please add them here.

No and HELL NO!!

Firstly, there is already a pvp mode where players can go to spar if they wish so a duel mode would be superfluous. And secondly, the ability to “inspect” another players personal gears/build is one of the best ways to RUIN a game community. Thank god Anet learned from the mistakes of previous MMO’s and wisely choose not to implement this.

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

I’d say no to seeing peoples builds, but to see skins & equipment names would be handy – many times I’ve thought what weapon is that? what cool pants! where do I get that backpack???? so if I didn’t have to hassle someone to find out that would be great.

Sames. I’m often curious what someone’s weapon skin is. Don’t care about their stats.

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Sames. I’m often curious what someone’s weapon skin is. Don’t care about their stats.

Sounds like the perfect opportunity to strike up a conversation, and possibly make a new friend in the process.

~EW

Miku.6297

Firstly, there is already a pvp mode where players can go to spar if they wish so a duel mode would be superfluous.

Just curious what is this mode that you can go to 1v1 that supports full PVE skills and builds?

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

to everyone whos pro inspect option go look at every other mmo that has one. chat is nothing but looking for a certain gear level. new max lvl players cant run anything to even get the gear because of this. its extremely painful to put your own pug parties together when no one has even played the map before and no one who has will play with you. even content anyone can breeze through.

im bad at sarcasm

Posted by: Hoaxintelligence.4628

Hoaxintelligence.4628

Dueling option? Yes please! Inspect option? Why would you want that? So you can make counter build against me before you duel me? Lameee! Thats like duelers that are constantly swapping builds. Its wack.

Sît[MII]Ultimate Dominator
U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

Posted by: anninke.7469

anninke.7469

If i ever want to get beaten by a random player, I can take them to our guild arena, so no need to take that to open world. If you want to duel and don’t have a guild arena, just make a dueling guild and get one. Duels solved.

And inspecting others’ gear? Maybe but players must be able to toggle it enabled/disabled, because it somehow feels like checking random people’s clothes and bags on the street without their consent… creepy…

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Firstly, there is already a pvp mode where players can go to spar if they wish so a duel mode would be superfluous.

Just curious what is this mode that you can go to 1v1 that supports full PVE skills and builds?

Guild halls that have added an arena.

Posted by: Tiilimon.6094

Tiilimon.6094

I only remember being duel spammed at 3 spots in wow, outside OG, IF and during the Argent Tournament

We also dueled before dungeons, raids, while waiting for pvp matches to start, to test builds, to fool around, to get to places using attack skills that moved your character(leaps, charges.. etc..)…
And so on and so forth.

to me it seems like being against ice cream because you were out in the snow once and it was cold

About inspection, think we can scrap that idea because people seem to be against the idea of providing better tools for RLs because they don’t wish other people too see their pants.

You can wear whatever pants you wish, but some people like to make their outfits match for the performance, and for that I wish we could at the very least get a clickable character description you can fill in yourself, or chat links for character/build.

Miku.6297

Ah ha! I haven’t really done much with the halls yet. Ty for the info:).
It’s nice that we have that possible method available, but what about those of us who don’t have a guild with a hall+arena?

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Ah ha! I haven’t really done much with the halls yet. Ty for the info:).
It’s nice that we have that possible method available, but what about those of us who don’t have a guild with a hall+arena?

Surely if duelling is popular then there must be duelling guilds? Sounds like a good idea to join one of those and duel with like minded people.

Posted by: I See No Tomorrow.7302

I See No Tomorrow.7302

I don’t see anything negative about adding the option to duel, but for an inspect option I’d rather it show only weapon and armor skins rather than stats.

A way for someone to ping their skills and traits (like in GW1) would be helpful obviously but I don’t like the idea of people inspecting others and passing judgement on their builds without permission.

Miku.6297

Surely if duelling is popular then there must be duelling guilds? Sounds like a good idea to join one of those and duel with like minded people.

That could work, but it still requires joining a guild with a dueling arena set up.

Not all people who want to mess around in a duel every so often are the type of person that’s being stereotyped here. My friends and I use to duel a lot back in EQ (I blame the slow spawn times) but it was something to do, we didn’t have to jump through hoops and find a guild that had an arena set up.

Posted by: kyrie.8530

kyrie.8530

• If you want to inspect gear, the game already offers an API and there are several sites that allow you to do it. All the other player needs to do is give you a link.

lol you have never killed a raid boss i guess, it would take forever to have everyone write their API into gw, and for the raid leader to write it it and check it…
and even if it was via TS so it could be copied it would take half an hour to check everyone’s API.

this game really need a inspect option, even if it was just only active in raid that would be fine. if i was on a pug team and we kept wiping on gorse with 3% then it would be usefull to see if someone was using the wrong gear for raiding.
i do raids with a somewhat casual guild now, with people willing to learn and put their effort into learning, it would make everything easier for everyone if we could see their setup in case something was amiss.

A dps meter is also highly needed (in raids), even if it would only show, my own to myself, and it wont show to anyone else. to see if I should be able to improve, or if im playing it totally wrong.

and the people calling this idea something thats only for the evil elitists, thats just lower than low casual talk… to want to improve and to be more usefull for your team to get better raid experience, is not elitst.

Artemis Thuras.8795

We can already ping weapons, armour & traits.

People can already demand to see this and choose to kick you.

Making it a so your entire “build” ( basically gear & traits) in a single ping, instead of in.. 6+2+9+5.. (armor,weapons, traits, utils) pings is, as far as I can tell no different in terms of functionality.

It’s simply a ( massive, imo) QoL fix to make it quicker and easier for those who wish to ping.
It has zero impact on those who don’t wish to ping.

Which considering being able to ping build templates to share with others is quite a major feature of build templates, that I’m sure anet realises we would want..
Adding something to denote “this is my current build” would be rather trivial compared to the rest of build templates.

No one can “invade your privacy” or “see your secret build” or whatever, since it would require ping, EXACTLY as it does now. Only with fewer pings (just one) required.

I honestly cannot wrap my head around why anyone wouldn’t want this feature/QoL improvement.

Yeah we can do it via an API, but forcing a pug to set up an API key is likely to just have them leave since it’s not worth their time/effort.

I should add: a chat code for a build template would be nice, to be able to share a build out of game would be a nice feature for build templates also.
Understandably one would likely not be able to equip the template(unless their gear matched exactly..), but they could set their own gear up to match, then save as→overwrite that template with their own gear.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

• If you want to inspect gear, the game already offers an API and there are several sites that allow you to do it. All the other player needs to do is give you a link.

lol you have never killed a raid boss i guess, it would take forever to have everyone write their API into gw, and for the raid leader to write it it and check it…
and even if it was via TS so it could be copied it would take half an hour to check everyone’s API.

LOL ? You obviously haven’t tried it. GW2efficiency doesn’t require anyone to type the code, just to share the character URL.

Clearly, it’s not nearly as convenient as “right-click,” but it takes a few minutes to check 10 people, not 30+. I am, of course, assuming that people who care about LI already have their APIs submitted to a website and a tinyurl ready to share.

My point being, if people really, really think this is important enough for ANet to dedicate resources to it instead of to other projects, shouldn’t it be important enough to them to spend 5 minutes of their own time making their own character ready to inspect? People spend hours getting their character(s) ready to raid; an additional few minutes shouldn’t be a problem if it’s important.

Miku.6297

and the people calling this idea something thats only for the evil elitists, thats just lower than low casual talk… to want to improve and to be more usefull for your team to get better raid experience, is not elitst.

I don’t recall seeing anyone saying “evil elitists” it’s just sometimes the attitude comes off as extremely abrasive to others, especially the player they deem unworthy or below them.

I also agree with you to want to improve and be more usefull is good, it’s not being an elitists. Chewing others out telling them “git gud” or “L2P” or “filthy casual”(this one is tongue in cheek 50% of the time) any other variety of curses etc is the issue. Go check some chat logs from blade and souls match making in the high level dungeons… If you have lowish AP the following chat is unpleasnt at best. It’s that type of player interaction I really don’t want to see here.

I have yet to do the raids thanks to time constraints, so I can’t really comment on the “need” for gear/build checks for them. Any content below raids though… If you need best of the best builds and gear to clear I would be impressed (in a bad way xD)

Honestly I hate the idea of an inspect in GW2. If it was a build/gear ping system like some have described it’s really not alot better, but it’s at least a step away from the inspect issues, and if it came with a function to save multiple builds and gear layouts so you could ping them…

(edited by Miku.6297)

Artemis Thuras.8795

I am, of course, assuming that people who care about LI already have their APIs submitted to a website and a tinyurl ready to share.

It is dangerous to base your arguments on assumptions alone.
Especially when that assumption is someone puts in effort out of game ( something which in my experience people are extremely reluctant to do.. it is a game after all..).

Posted by: LadySwan.8751

LadySwan.8751

Idk if it’s been mentioned before in this post but can we have Right click “Follow” Option, that allows our characters to follow other characters, I can see how it can be trollish to an extent but for RP purposes, it’d be great to be able to follow some leading character and not have to stop to adjust and not crash into walls.

Ways we can prevent it from being abused is, if your character runs a far enough distance the commands broken? One of my last games had a function like this, it’d be great here for RP purposes at least.

Miku.6297

While auto follow would be nice for some situations, I don’t really see it being super important. Also is it really that hard to adjust your character while RP walking along with other players?

My biggest concern with auto follow is multi-boxing or semi afk play… push your basic auto attack key so it turns on and doesn’t turn off (melee weapon) auto follow who ever is going to be moving around the area/event you are going to farm and auto follow him to free loot/kills. All you would have to do is loot every so often xD

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I am, of course, assuming that people who care about LI already have their APIs submitted to a website and a tinyurl ready to share.

It is dangerous to base your arguments on assumptions alone.
Especially when that assumption is someone puts in effort out of game ( something which in my experience people are extremely reluctant to do.. it is a game after all..).

You cut off the rest of my quote. I was replying to someone who said that it takes at least 30 minutes and my point is that is true only if people don’t come prepared. Analogously, if people don’t come prepared with their gear and builds, one might also spend 30 minutes waiting for people to be ready for T4 fractals. If it’s really that important, people will request it for their squads, and folks will start being prepared.

tl;dr my argument that the ability to check LI (or raid mastery points for that matter) already exists. What the OP requests is that ANet divert resources to make it easier and that I’d rather ANet work on something else that isn’t possible yet.

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

All this squabbling when the solution is so simple: put both dueling and inspection in game and have the option for people to turn them on/off how they please, both of them. That way everyone can be happy.

You don’t want to share your gear/build? That’s perfectly fine, and it also is perfectly fine to be kicked from a group by people who ask to see them. You have the right to play as you want and with whoever you choose, but so do they. Your right is in no way greater than theirs.

Or, even better, have an option in lfg for posters to make their lfg invisible for people who have the inspect option turned off (or on). BAM! You will never have to deal with elitists ever again! But this way you also won’t be able to leech off other people, either, and in the end that’s what this is all about, amirite?…

stale.9785

All this squabbling when the solution is so simple: put both dueling and inspection in game and have the option for people to turn them on/off how they please, both of them. That way everyone can be happy.

You don’t want to share your gear/build? That’s perfectly fine, and it also is perfectly fine to be kicked from a group by people who ask to see them. You have the right to play as you want and with whoever you choose, but so do they. Your right is in no way greater than theirs.

Or, even better, have an option in lfg for posters to make their lfg invisible for people who have the inspect option turned off (or on). BAM! You will never have to deal with elitists ever again! But this way you also won’t be able to leech off other people, either, and in the end that’s what this is all about, amirite?…

You know, right till that last sentence, when you revealed yourself to be a complete and utter tool, I was with you as having one of the more sensible suggestions in the thread, then you went and showed what kind of person you really are.

Miku.6297

You have the right to play as you want and with whoever you choose, but so do they. Your right is in no way greater than theirs.

While this is true, do you often find more people aprove of including others and playing nicely or excluding and ridiculing those that don’t live up to your made up standards? Yes it’s within your rights to play however you want, and it’s also the other persons rights to play how they want. It’s a matter of player mind set A wanting to exclude player mind set B, while player mind set B is fine playing with either A or B.

I’m not saying either side is right or wrong, as I have and do play with both sides.

I don’t want a inspect function, I believe it would bring more negative exchanges between players then positive to the game. So that means I’m just looking to leech off others? I don’t need dungeon marks, I don’t need gold, I have plenty of ascended sets. I do enjoy playing the game though and just doing runs with who ever happens to want to.

Posted by: Morte de Angelis.7986

Morte de Angelis.7986

You have the right to play as you want and with whoever you choose, but so do they. Your right is in no way greater than theirs.

While this is true, do you often find more people aprove of including others and playing nicely or excluding and ridiculing those that don’t live up to your made up standards? Yes it’s within your rights to play however you want, and it’s also the other persons rights to play how they want. It’s a matter of player mind set A wanting to exclude player mind set B, while player mind set B is fine playing with either A or B.

I’m not saying either side is right or wrong, as I have and do play with both sides.

I don’t want a inspect function, I believe it would bring more negative exchanges between players then positive to the game. So that means I’m just looking to leech off others? I don’t need dungeon marks, I don’t need gold, I have plenty of ascended sets. I do enjoy playing the game though and just doing runs with who ever happens to want to.

and I want an inspect function because I want to see who is using bad builds. I want to see why we aren’t doing DPS, you can’t trust people to tell the truth. People will lie just to stay in a party where they are being carried by the rest. I want to weed those people out when I don’t have the time nor the paitence to wipe over and over again because one person cannot equip their character correctly.

I’ve tried LFG – People don’t read LFG and join with bad builds anyway
I’ve tried pinging – People get chat codes and fake the ping.

Great, you play with like minded people who don’t care. So why does this bother you? because some prick is gona mock you on your build rather then your AP? The Block function does the same thing.

“You will never have to deal with elitists ever” – And please stop doing this. You throw that around as if it were candy and then wonder why “Elitists” throw around the word “Casual”. Its a buzzword. Nothing more.

I know “Elitists” who are actually really nice people and don’t mind people using bad builds, and I know “Casuals” who are stubborn kittens and will scream at you because you dared to call them a bad player.

Inspect does nothing to change the way you play. Kittens will be kittens no matter what they can or cannot see. Your making out as if this Inspect option will cause privacy issues when in fact you probably wouldn’t even care when you were actually playing the game.

Do you often find more people approve of including others and playing nicely or excluding and ridiculing those that don’t live up to your made up standards?

Depends on the people involved. If someone is willing to listen and learn even if they are using bad builds. I’ll play nice. If someone is going to be stubborn and constantly cause party wipes. I will ridicule them for playing bad. Are you nice to mean people?

Miku.6297

“bad builds” Based on…. Do you actually need meta builds for anything other then raids?

“Equip their character correctly” once again based on your opinion of correct. To play the way YOU want to.

I really doubt anyone would “mock my build” or my gear. If you’d like I’d be happy to provide a list but I really see no need for that.

Am I nice to mean people? Well I don’t actively hang out with them no. At the same time I do know how to work in an environment with them. That includes getting along, and communicating, not simply looking at someone and saying go away you are “bad” or “mean”. Most people do this in the work place EVERY day.

Like I said I understand what you are saying, I just disagree about an inspect being a good thing for the game.

Posted by: Thuggernaut.1250

Thuggernaut.1250

Suggestions like these distinguish the “old school” MMO players from the current. I would welcome these, like a slew of other UO/EQ features. Being able to read people’s custom biographies adds flavor to the game, because on rare occasions, you ran into someone with a good, well-written bio.