Aegis is a good buff, Not a good effect.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: CattyWampus.9721

CattyWampus.9721

Let me start by saying this isnt a bug. but a request. The effect Aegis has when someone is buffed with it is so annoying. I dont know if anyone thinks the same but i know that when i look at it when unsheathing my bow on my dragonhunter. It just ruins the epic feel of his look or anything at all for that matter.

Basically: I think that it would be nice if Anet implemented some way to hide the “constant glassy blue shield” that is stuck on my Dragon Hunter Sylvari when I unsheathe my storm-bow.

TLDR: It would be good to be able to toggle off the animation of (Aegis) on my Guardian.

Posted by: NyhilistTheBoring.2674

NyhilistTheBoring.2674

Not to mention the fashion implications the glassy blue shield has on other color and equipment choices.

Place this next to Showing/Hiding color of the Rarity of Weapons
The location of deposit collects
The muting of player chatter

Just one more QoL option to make things a bit more ‘just right’ for those who might want/need it.

+1

“Kitten Commander” Nadya The Lost
Guild Leader: Phantoms of the [Mist]
Server: Emhry Bay

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

I think this is a legacy from a period during development when Arenanet didn’t want their game to be about staring at boons and conditions. Instead they wanted players to be able to identify boons/condis people had by looking at the playing area of the screen.

Sadly, they abandoned this at some point and adopted WoW-style buff (boon) and debuff (condition) bars.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

It’s also needed for PvP. But there is no reason why it could not be removed client-side for your own viewing. It’s what’s stopping me making The Flameseeker Prophesies as guard is the only one I use shield on and it ruins the skin. I have Eidolon now and Aegis covering it is a bit annoying.