Affliction towards heavy armor users?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Penquin.9846

Penquin.9846

Spare me the “this has been posted a gazillion times” crying and hear me out.

The angle of approach from A-net towards heavy armor users makes 0 sense and is generally unexplainable. Never has a heavy armor user been nerfed so much it affects the whole way they play the game, unlike rangers and thieves for example.
All they’re getting are buffs and a few unmeaningful balances that don’t really affect their power by a lot, which ends up in our typical unbalance of the whole friggin’ game.

Also, what’s with the new ascended armors? It takes 36 days to craft a light armor set due to timegated items, and it takes 25 days to craft heavy? What the actual kitten? How does that make any sense?
Before you say that medium is made in 23 days, let me clarify that medium armor users have, for the most part, been already nerfed to a point where armor doesn’t really make a difference because they’ll still be way too squishy to deal any damage or have anything even close that can be called “survivability”.

TL;DR – Heavy armor users have never been majorly nerfed and instead are given bonuses even on acquiring armor! Gg A-net, You did it again.

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

Whoa. whoa. whoa… Did you just say Rangers and thieves were getting only buffs? Sir, we obviously have two very different meanings of buff then because nothing that the Ranger got in the Dec 10th that is going to do anything for it in a meaningful way.

I almost stopped reading but you redeamed yourself at near end.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

Posted by: Corbenic.9261

Corbenic.9261

Whoa. whoa. whoa… Did you just say Rangers and thieves were getting only buffs? Sir, we obviously have two very different meanings of buff then because nothing that the Ranger got in the Dec 10th that is going to do anything for it in a meaningful way.

I think this is a case of misinterpreting the post, and somewhat shaky wording on the OP’s part. If I’m understanding this right, OP is complaining that ArenaNet favors heavy armor classes over the others (by the way, I think “affinity” was the word you were looking for in the title, OP), citing that said heavy armor classes are rarely nerfed, often buffed, and are given a variety of perks over their light and medium armored counterparts.

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

Yeah, I wasn’t sure which direction the post was going.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

If they want to give more armour points for heavy over medium and light the way I see it they should give med and light an extra dodge or 2…….hell maybe heavies shouldn’t be even able to dodge at all! Where’s the logic anyways lol?

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Penquin.9846

Penquin.9846

I think this is a case of misinterpreting the post, and somewhat shaky wording on the OP’s part. If I’m understanding this right, OP is complaining that ArenaNet favors heavy armor classes over the others (by the way, I think “affinity” was the word you were looking for in the title, OP), citing that said heavy armor classes are rarely nerfed, often buffed, and are given a variety of perks over their light and medium armored counterparts.

That. Sorry, I was incredibly tired while making the original post.

Posted by: GrimHero.5140

GrimHero.5140

IF they had to timegate it why have different production times for the different armor classes.

And logically i think smithing some heavy quality armor would take longer then sowing some robes.

shrugs

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

Also, what’s with the new ascended armors? It takes 36 days to craft a light armor set due to timegated items, and it takes 25 days to craft heavy? What the actual kitten? How does that make any sense?

Light armor, all the way up through crafting levels, primarily uses fabric materials. Heavy and Medium have a more equal distribution between fabric and metal/leather. Light armor doesn’t really have a logical secondary crafted mat.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

I do understand the OP’s concerns, but the tone of the post almost made me ignore it.

After rereading it, I am prone to agree with the OP to a point.

Heavy armor wearers are almost to the point of steamroll easy in the lower levels (I am leveling my first heavy wearer) compared to the experience I had with my casters. While I agree that they should do a bit more damage than casters, the disparity is amazing. I am doing almost as much damage on my level 22 warrior as my level 80 elementalist. (I did not include crits or bonuses. I am just talking about base damage.)

As for the time gating on the ascended armor, I think it should have its own thread (or added to the myriad threads already in existence) or everyone is going to jump on that aspect and ignore the actual topic, which is ANet’s preference for plate/heavy wearers.

Level 80 Elementalist