Age of GW2 Players

Age of GW2 Players

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: AlexanderFaust.4518

AlexanderFaust.4518

I’m 28 ~ and I don’t play, not because the game is bad.. but because I could never find anyone to do anything with. (despite server hoping, guild prostituting, ect).

I personally blame the game mechanics in that they promote people to not seek out content.

IE: Thus trivializing content, because you don’t feel like it’s a challenge or rewarding.

Honestly, I’ve written many suggestions to help fix this and I try to get people to do the same, rather than troll the forums or hate on anyone with an opinion (Knights/trolls).

Sadly though, one of the reasons I didn’t have many people to play with.. is because the guild I came into GW2 with ~ IE: through our art community ~ they all quit 3 weeks after launch.

And even when they were actually playing, they never really bothered with the dungeons past a few excursions. ~ Saying that the content was boring.

How many were in that guild? no idea of the hard numbers due to some of them buying more than one copy of the game and running multiple accounts ~ but our numbers fluxed between 70 and 125 members.

However, you were hard pressed to find more than 15-20 online at any one point in time.

This lead me to watch some streamers via Towelliee and Kungen ~ which was interesting to see their take on GW2.

They of course left for MOP ~ and took all their viewers/guild members/followers with them.

Right now, they’re still playing MOP and when asked on their stream “why they left GW2” they merely say that, it’s a lot like a console game ~ Good in theory, but not sure why it’s classified as an MMO since people/fans/devs expect you to play GW2 like a 60$ adventure game.

IE: Nothing to work towards and no reason to stick around.

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: GuiAzzi.8653

GuiAzzi.8653

17 and this is by far one of the greatest MMO’s i have played

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: kamizefrog.3421

kamizefrog.3421

30’s, and have been playing it since the first Weekend beta, and I still can’t get enough of the game.

?? ???? ??

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Arisal.9740

Arisal.9740

31 – Love the game. Just can’t get into other MMOs like gw2. I typically like to pve until I do a majority of the content and after that primarily pvp. Perfect game to play after the kids go to bed :-)

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Pictish.3410

Pictish.3410

36, liking it has the same feel as my early wow days or very early ultima online 2d. Some issues that need fixed. I guess it has a slightly more friendly less elitist kinda feel.

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: X The Manimal.5293

X The Manimal.5293

23 and loving it (the game)!

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Nyquest.1583

Nyquest.1583

It’s nice to see some people my own age! 28, loving it, and just hit 80 on my Mesmer.

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: AlietteFaye.7316

AlietteFaye.7316

22 and mostly loving it. A few bugs are slightly annoying, but I expect nothing less for a fresh game. After those fixes and some new content added in, the game will be golden for me.

twitch.tv/aliettefaye

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Lalabu.2097

Lalabu.2097

Hey guys,

I’m in my early 20s and I don’t see myself changing to another game anytime soon.
I have been playing MMORPGs for roughly 6 years and I have never looked to be on top of the player food chain in any of the games that I have played.
Right now with school I do not have as much time as I used to for video games and I love that I can jump into Guild Wars 2 and not be losing “the race”. I think it is amazing that I am already enjoying “end-game” gameplay (with a little less complexity/customization).
To anyone complaining about the lack of progression or carrot at “end-game”: I am oh-so-glad that gear will not be making up for your lack of skill in PvP. Same goes for dungeons: It just seems normal that an enemy twice your size takes you down in one blow. Outplaying another player or NPC is so rewarding in Guild Wars 2! Everyone needs to look at the game for what it is and stop looking at it for what it is not.

Signed,
Lalabu

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: BillyBunter.5247

BillyBunter.5247

Ive been playing for a while and my experience in game has been great. Oh yeah, I’m 58.
My first MMO was DAoC, and that’s what hooked me.

I play other genres of games, but there is no question my favorite is MMO’s.

Good gaming all…….!

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Sinphul.3091

Sinphul.3091

I’m 37 my wife is 34 and so far we’re both loving the game. I got tired of the WoW formula and no subscription fee really makes it feel less mandatory. We log in enjoy the game and don’t feel bad logging off for a day or two.

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Okamie.9270

Okamie.9270

I’m 16, and I LOVE this game :P

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: techknowcat.1632

techknowcat.1632

I got this game for my 40th shudders birthday its got to be one of my favorite birthday presents I have received in a while

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: zityz.6089

zityz.6089

28 here and I enjoy the game. GW1 still holds as one of my all time favorite games, and I believe in time this game will have even way more content then that game had. Plus they ’re keeping in the holiday events which is awesome!

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Bhuta.1480

Bhuta.1480

35 and having a blast.

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: DoctorOverlord.8620

DoctorOverlord.8620

Over 30 category and enjoying the game.

I remember NPR did a piece about ‘gray gamers’ who were retired folk who were playing video games. Guild Wars 1 was an example they brought up of two grandmothers who played together I wonder if GW2 will have as much appeal.

Check my GW2 Comic Dynamic Events http://goo.gl/JyB3J (Short Google Link to Fan Content Forum here)

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

The average age of N.A. computer gamers goes up every year. The current teen generation is much more likely to buy games for console, iPod/phone, etc.

Odds are if someone’s playing a game like GW2, they’re old enough to have kids who play Xbox games. :p

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Jack of Tears.9458

Jack of Tears.9458

I’m better than 28 and lovin’ the game; we’ve come a long way since Space Invaders.

I’m sorry I stepped outta yer box, don’ worry, if
ya whine enough they’ll put me right back.

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Korrigan.4837

Korrigan.4837

44 (birthday October 12th), not seeing the end of it.

The Farstar Alliance [TFA] – Gandara Server.
A PvX guild for mature players with a life.

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: diabluz.2860

diabluz.2860

44 (birthday October 12th), not seeing the end of it.

Happy belated birthday! I’m in my late 30’s and enjoy this game quite a bit still. I haven’t reached cap yet though as I’ve been taking my time and don’t play every single day. Maybe it has more to do with how often/much someone plays the game rather than their age. I would assume the under 30 crowd generally has more time on their hands and have blown through a lot of the content already.

Just a thought.

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: conifur.2896

conifur.2896

44 – retired and having fun.

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Korrigan.4837

Korrigan.4837

Thanks

Well, I have a 80 fully decked in exotic armor, and with 100% world exploration, yet I still don’t see the end of this game. No matter what mindset I have when I log in, I always have something to do.

The Farstar Alliance [TFA] – Gandara Server.
A PvX guild for mature players with a life.

Age of GW2 Players

diabluz.2860

Thanks

Well, I have a 80 fully decked in exotic armor, and with 100% world exploration, yet I still don’t see the end of this game. No matter what mindset I have when I log in, I always have something to do.

Well, that bodes well for my future enjoyment of the game.

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Zimlobo.3962

Zimlobo.3962

37 and planning on being around for a long time to come. Love the game.

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: serena smith.2734

serena smith.2734

22 and a little disappointed.

When the wind is so strong that you almost can hear a whisper calling your name..
This is your calling, to The battle of your life.

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: nivex.5863

nivex.5863

30, been playing MMOs for 13 years. Coming from DAoC, I’m disappointed with the simplicity of the PvP system. Unfortunately a steep learning curve turns away new players and I’ve learned to accept that.

Following that I’ve had an extreme amount of fun in this game. It’ll keep my attention for many months to come.

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: yurtshone.7325

yurtshone.7325

48 and love the game.
I hate the respawn timers though. I also am having trouble finding a good guild and am playing the game solo. I do not feel I will stick around if i do not find a guild soon.

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Snarky Snarf.8463

Snarky Snarf.8463

19 and it is my favorite game.

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Chrollo.2173

Chrollo.2173

Woah older crowd in here. 28. I really enjoy the pacing of completing each area to 100%. Though I just entered the WvW phase of world completion and I dunno…hmmm…

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Gohlar.3671

Gohlar.3671

33 and very disappointed. I still check the forums. My friends of similar age were all GW1 fans and were also very let down with GW2 and were gone within 2 weeks.

In terms of complexity and challenge there is no denying GW2 is a giant step backwards.

Age of GW2 Players

diabluz.2860

33 and very disappointed. I still check the forums. My friends of similar age were all GW1 fans and were also very let down with GW2 and were gone within 2 weeks.

In terms of complexity and challenge there is no denying GW2 is a giant step backwards.

I’m kind of curious why you still check the forums if you have no interest in the game. Not trying to be rude but I don’t really understand why so many that say they dislike the game still come here. I for one wouldn’t waste my time discussing something I don’t like or enjoy.

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Gohlar.3671

Gohlar.3671

I’m kind of curious why you still check the forums if you have no interest in the game. Not trying to be rude but I don’t really understand why so many that say they dislike the game still come here. I for one wouldn’t waste my time discussing something I don’t like or enjoy.

Hope that stuff gets added or changed I guess. GW1 has my favorite game to date.

I have noticed GW2 fans are incredibly insecure though, criticism is not welcome at all here. It’s probably a big reason the game turned out the way it did, too must listening to yes men.

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: RenRen.5706

RenRen.5706

23 (turning 24 in a couple of weeks) and loving it!

Age of GW2 Players

diabluz.2860

Hope that stuff gets added or changed I guess. GW1 has my favorite game to date.

I have noticed GW2 fans are incredibly insecure though, criticism is not welcome at all here. It’s probably a big reason the game turned out the way it did, too must listening to yes men.

Yeah, I’m starting to realize that these forums here are VERY crooked. Their are some people that come and post in these forums just to incite arguments and get threads locked and or deleted that are not painting the most positive picture of the game. That I can say for certain.

The mods on these forums are doing more to destroy the community of this game. People won’t want to stick around in a community where they can’t speak without being hushed. It’s almost enough to completely turn me off to ArenaNet despite my like for the game.

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: beriiel.2804

beriiel.2804

I’m 41 husband is 38 and we’re loving it.

• I also have a sick amount of time to play won’t say how many hours I have logged in the past month alone.

- – Just for those of you who think “old people” don’t play as long as you tater tots do. :P

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Zeidrich.8435

Zeidrich.8435

25 years of age. This is one of the better MMOs so far.

• Leveling does not seem to be a chore.
  • Leveling crafting is streamlined.
  • The bank space dedicated for collectibles and mats is a nice touch.
  • The level playing field across maps is ingenious.
  • The cash shop in the game is balanced so players can’t pay-to-win.
  • Can’t beat the lack of a monthly subscription fee.
  • The dye palette is a great way for customizing appearance.
  • Disappointed to not see any direct Guild vs. Guild content.
  • Instances giving only cosmetic changes to gear was disappointing.
  • WvWvW is great, but too many PvPers jump ship when the server is losing and migrate to the servers with the higher PvP population.
  • The extra skill points seem to be left by the wayside.
  • The stats from traits don’t seem to make much of a difference.

ArenaNet’s To-Do List:

1. Individual Hotkeys for the different tabs in the Hero Page (Achievements, Traits, PvP).
  2. Removal of material nodes, DE, POIs, Skill Points, and Vistas from WvWvW maps that aren’t in the PvP areas (Keeps, Towers, Supply Camps). Exploration is for PvE, imo.
  3. Remove Ranger’s Longbow damage penalty from close range.
  4. Add Back equipment (unless they did already).
  5. Add chest reward after defeating the Champion Giant for the DE in Diessa Plateau.

Still playing and will be playing for the foreseeable future. Looking forward to the improvements to the game.

“This above all: to thine own self be true.”
-William Shakespeare

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: dalendria.3762

dalendria.3762

Still love the game. I am cough 48.

Yes, I said 48. Don’t look at me like that.

Can you feel it? HOT HOT HOT

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Art.9367

Art.9367

I think this is a little one-sided as I doubt that younger players reside on the Forums as much as older players. I’ve no way to prove that statement, but lets be real here =P.

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

I’m 34 years old, and loving this game.

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: thedesertyeti.3980

thedesertyeti.3980

38, been playing MMO’s since Ultima Online in 97. GW2 is turning out to be one of my faves so far.

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Azoetia.2183

Azoetia.2183

I’m 31 and I love the game. Though I am severely critical of the personal story aspect and have some other quibbles I’ve quit playing any other online games because GW2 does a significantly better job of meeting my gaming needs.

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Kaia.6859

Kaia.6859

I’m 24 and I love this game. My old guild leader from WoW is 30-something and he hated it. Granted, he didn’t play it for very long but he was telling me about all the things he didn’t like, which ended up being most of the points I did. Go figure, haha.

This is also the first MMO I was able to get my sister to really enjoy, and she’s 20. She saw me playing it and she had bought it a week or so later and is loving it.

I have noticed that more people around my age or a little older in this game compared to say WoW. My guild in WoW was all older than me and are still going strong, but the random people I would meet seemed to be mostly younger.

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Archer.6485

Archer.6485

I’m 25 and I’m crazy about this game.

Not sure if age is the main factor but what I do know is that I probably wouldn’t appreciate this game as much as I do if I didn’t play other mmos in the past. Anet really did fix a lot of things that were bugging the living hell out of me and were prime reasons for me quitting them.

WoW: I quit because of the gear race in which I could never succeed even though I had pretty much put my life on hold to try and keep up with.

Aion: I quit because the grind was unbeliavably long and incredibly boring. People say GW2 has too much grind? That game took me and entire month of constant playing just to reach 25. Needless to say I cancelled after that.

Rift: I actually found a great raiding guild and the content was really fun, but at the end of the day I realized I was only logging in for the raids 3-4 nights a week for 3 hours for the slow paced gathering of shinies. It just didn’t feel like it was worth the 15 bucks/month anymore.

SWTOR: Waiting for hours upon hours to get one over-entitled healer who would quit the group because of one wipe. I was a jedi consular which means no other consular would want to group with me because of the kitten loot system. And since consulars were the most popular class on republic side that meant getting groups was all that much harder.

It’s actually incredible to think that not a single one of those problems can happen to me here

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Zionka.6897

Zionka.6897

44 and loving it. And I am a youngster in my guild, heh. I heard a few years ago that the median age of a gamer is now 32, although the average I am sure varies game to game. And that is just everyone who plays, 4 hour a weekers equal with 40 hour a weekers, so at any given time, the average actually online may be a much lower age.

~Jade Quarry Server~

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Quietwulf.1603

Quietwulf.1603

33 and enjoying the game. Currently taking a short break to play “Dishonoured” and “XCom”, but will back soon enough!

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Liac.8219

Liac.8219

To much info… here’s where Ya hang…one’s self. 57. Why play thees games… participate in entertainment. Thanks for a great game.

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: MultaniGamer.7169

MultaniGamer.7169

15, don’t have that much time to play though AP’s and honors classes and extra curriculars fml

i do love this game though and love exploring all the characters, haven’t found one character i like the most yet though but ive played the warrior more than any of them

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

20 Something, honestly i forgot, have to manually subtract to get my age. I stopped keeping track past the age of 20 :p

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: MultaniGamer.7169

MultaniGamer.7169

lol wtf penatbater ive never heard of people not keepin track im 15 though so lol

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

22, not had this much fun in pvp since destroying the order pugs in WAR with my sorc bomb squad.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer