Age of GW2 Players

Age of GW2 Players

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Fozzik.1742

Fozzik.1742

36 here, loving the game to death.

Speaking of which…I got stomped a bunch of times in WvW last night. stupid zergs.

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: TOMMION.5120

TOMMION.5120

55—moved after 4 years on LOTRO- softcore gamer-love this game and more to come

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Chainsawcro.7492

Chainsawcro.7492

27- loving the game

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Cod Eye.1632

Cod Eye.1632

Forty-Seven on Gandara server

“Hey I swung a sword, Hey Hey I swung a sword again,”

“After several hours I’m still swinging this sword with1 lodestone drop”

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Pants.8315

Pants.8315

25 here. Happy with the game.

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: JaironKalach.4938

JaironKalach.4938

34 here… Enjoying every minute of gameplay… No, honestly.

I play on Maguuma
Uru Kalach (80-War)/Kalthin Leafletter (80-Rgr)/Kalfun Gai (72-Guardian)
Leader – An Unexpected Kinship (AUK)

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Loco.9508

Loco.9508

20 here – Love the game, REALLY love the WvW.

Verdict – 80 Mesmer – EVOH – Maguuma

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Gibbel.5734

Gibbel.5734

This is great ! I was starting to feel like one of the old dudes with my 28 years of age !
Feels like the average age of this game is like 30+

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Mandrax.7342

Mandrax.7342

39 in a couple of weeks and still very much enjoying the game. As someone with a wife and family, I love the fact that I don’t feel left behind because I can’t play every single night. I love that I can get some nice gear without having to commit to a rigid raiding schedule. This game is very much for me and I hope to be playing it for some considerable time.

Just for the record, I never played Guild Wars so it’s not just a case that I’m a fan of the brand, I’m a new customer

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Lady Mimic.3247

Lady Mimic.3247

I’m 20 and have no plans of leaving anytime soon! I have also played gw1 for a few years and still play it now

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: callidus.7085

callidus.7085

25 here, played GW1 upon release while I was in highschool, fun times… also loving every minute of GW2 ;-) glad to see all the positive responses!

Slow down and smell the pixels.

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I think I should show this thread to my mother-in-law. She still insists video games are only for kids and my husband and I are too old to play them.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Cortechs.3265

Cortechs.3265

Just turned 40 and liking it very much.

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Xuth.6142

Xuth.6142

A recently graduated 22 year old here. First time in full time employment, and to come home and spend a few hours (as well as ALL of my weekends…) on this game is just what I need. Loving it.

Just as WoW was right for me back in high school, GW2 is right for me now. And for the first time I’ve managed to get my un-nerdy girlfriend interested in an MMO!

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Blackwolfe.5649

Blackwolfe.5649

33 years old and loving the game to bits even though my attention is currently divided between this and borderlands 2 (gamewise that is. Dont even talk about irl, haha).

Been playing through all the betas and since pre-release. Now I would have had at least one or two level 80 chars by now… but.. Im an altoholic. 8 chars (one of each class), ranging from level 20 to level 53.. three of which are level 50ish.

Colin Johansen casts – Working As Intended
Colin Johansen hits you for 239407889 damage
Game over

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: MajorKong.8095

MajorKong.8095

22. Might move onto greener pasture if things don’t shape up soon so perhaps there’s some truth to this idea of younger players leaving more.

PvE – I have my world completion star, which was fun to get, however now that I’ve completed all the zones doing it again does not hold any appeal, especially since it was only challenging in terms of time spent player rather than player skill. Other than zone completion I’m left with dungeons, and frankly they’re not at all challenging or interesting enough to have my attention (subjective opinion, sorry).

sPvP – 8v8 is either glory farmers or those testing game mechanics. 5v5 is much better but it’s still pretty boring really. Right now if I want my competitive fix I’ll load up DotA2, Starcraft, or various FPS games, because I don’t feel GW2 or any other contemporary MMO offers competitive experience like that. To be honest I liked the PvP in GW1 more and I really wished they stuck closer to that.

WvW – The only reason I still play really, but there’s so many bugs and issues that could do with fixing. Here’s my whine post about it : https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/WvW-My-Praise-Criticism-and-Recommendations/first

MajorKong
Human Elementalist -The Iron Triangle [IRON]
My WvW review

(edited by MajorKong.8095)

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Sib.1236

Sib.1236

Im 34 and am loving the gameNow if only i could get the housework to clean it self and the kids dinner to cook its self :/

Munchkin Sib [IRON]

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Bel Geode.8129

Bel Geode.8129

42 and not going anywhere. Tyria is my home!

Find Bel Geode- THE Purple Norn on twitch tv.
“Doing The Dailies " Weeknights at 8PM EST.
http://www.twitch.tv/belgeode

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: ProxiiG.5830

ProxiiG.5830

31 here and enjoying the game since it does not feel like second job, which is what tends to happen in most other MMOs i have played/tried.

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Orissa.1872

Orissa.1872

I’m 19, tho have soul of old skinhead
Game is decent, yet in early phase offers kinda little to me (in comparition to classing RPGs). Just started doing PvP with guardian (1st time played this class) and I even liked it. Still hoping to find an established party for Sorrow’s Embrace, coz on Whiteside Ridge everyone is doing only story mode. I’m not playing every day, but if so – I’m playing for few hours at least

My boyfriend is 19 as well, but he’s forever a kid, got completely bored of this game, even doing monthly achievement is painful for him now. He did ragequit after ranger shortbow nerf, didn’t want to switch to axes or longbow, or eventually make a new character. Now he’s only farming Jormag event

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: theerrantventure.9185

theerrantventure.9185

28 and loving it! I don’t feel pressured to play to “get my monies worth” with the free to play model. I can enjoy the game at my own pace which is a couple hours a night. My wife (26) feels the same way.

Trolls are like stray cats.
Feed them and they multiply.
Please do not feed them.

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Kabarl.6403

Kabarl.6403

I’m 55 and love this game. I was also a big fan of GW1.

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Julie.6803

Julie.6803

I am 28 years old
Boyfriend is 26 years old

We love this game and enjoying every minute we can play together!

Keyven, Asura Necromancer | The Invisible College [TIC] | Devona’s Rest

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: ApeBit.4205

ApeBit.4205

Just turned 20 last month and I’ve loved almost every single moment of my time with this game. Almost 200h in and still loving it. Of course there are times of frustration but I have them with every game ever. So there you go. Young and in love I guess

“When life gives you lemonade, make lemons and life will be all like WHAAAT?!”

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

31 and loving it.

I think patience comes with age, and I don’t mind enjoying the crap out of what Anet has given us until they patch it, fix bugs, release new content, and all the other things that are being complained about.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Esorono.1039

Esorono.1039

I’m 20 and this is easily the best MMORPG I’ve ever played. It’s the little things I like, for instance not getting “Out of Mana!” message for daring to press anything other than 1 and 2 on my mouse and still have to drink mana potions like a super alcoholic.

Playable Tengu please!

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Lorana.2468

Lorana.2468

over 700 hours in game
i would of stopped at around 400, atm i pretty much only play for the people in my guild and to grind out a legendary.

Endgame atm is meh.. hopefully Halloween will be a nice change of pace.

still one of the best purchases i’ve ever made though.

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

Wow I can’t believe the age “weight” I am seeing here, lots of over 40s.

47 myself and enjoying the game.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: xlion.3065

xlion.3065

47 here, too. still hoping we can get rid of bots and camera issues, because this is the game I wanted to play! (played wow and gw1 before).

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Lewzephyr.5281

Lewzephyr.5281

Just about to roll into 44… Ding

Putting the laughter back into Slaughter!!!!!

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: derekisazombie.2359

derekisazombie.2359

Just turned 20 and I can’t get enough of GW2.

Only other games that came close or are on level to my GW2 addiction are Monster Hunter (since 2004), GW1 (Off and on over the years, starting in beta), and Diablo 2(ooooof course)! =P

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Matthew Kline.8420

Matthew Kline.8420

27 and love it. I do hope they add more end game content however. And stuff still is quite a bit buggy. Overall tho, beautiful game.

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Nunna.6413

Nunna.6413

29, love the game, but getting a bit frustrated with wvw situations. i might take a break soon until anet fix bugs etc.

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Nate Anabe.6091

Nate Anabe.6091

I catered the last supper. This game has taken game playing in another direction with its graphics and dynamic persistennt world

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
—Napoleon Bonaparte

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Svenn.5209

Svenn.5209

29 and loving it!

Svenn Ethir – Seeds of War – Stormbluff Isle

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Svenn.5209

Svenn.5209

Just turned 20 and I can’t get enough of GW2.

Only other games that came close or are on level to my GW2 addiction are Monster Hunter (since 2004), GW1 (Off and on over the years, starting in beta), and Diablo 2(ooooof course)! =P

Monster Hunter and Diablo are two of my favorite game franchises of all time. Glad to see other people enjoying them (especially Monster Hunter).

Honestly though, I couldn’t get into GW1 at release. I bought it and didn’t make it past level 4 or so. Came back a year or two ago and got 50/50 HoM and GWAMM though.

Svenn Ethir – Seeds of War – Stormbluff Isle

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Rehashed Jibe Tube.7102

Rehashed Jibe Tube.7102

36. married father of 4. love the game.

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: DonQuixote.6347

DonQuixote.6347

34 here. These are my greener pastures.

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Tower Guard.5263

Tower Guard.5263

30 and meh it’s alright.

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I think this is a little one-sided as I doubt that younger players reside on the Forums as much as older players. I’ve no way to prove that statement, but lets be real here =P.

For what it’s worth I’ve found that the most common age group on any forum is 15-25 regardless of what it’s for.

For example I’m on a few different forums for bands who draw a pretty wide crowd, everything from people in their 60’s to teenagers with the majority at gigs appearing to be late 20-late 30’s. But the forums are invariably dominated by people in their early 20’s.

From previous dicussions it seems that forums themselves are more likely to appeal to that age bracket who are more interested in the idea of chatting online to strangers and have the time to devote to sitting down and talking about their interests.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: sasoriza.5967

sasoriza.5967

27 and loving it

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Wes.6419

Wes.6419

28 and love the game.

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Stevoli.8795

Stevoli.8795

Well, it looks like a majority of the responses are from old timers like myself. I did see a few young’uns speak up though, so not all is lost.

My initial thought was similar to how we all felt when we were younger, we just wanted to be a “grown up”. Kids/Teens who still live at home could possibly carry that feeling over into the game. I could be way off, but it’s a thought.

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: theerrantventure.9185

theerrantventure.9185

I think so many of the responses are from old timers like us because we’re at work and can post lol. The under 18s are/should be in school right now. (US timezones at least.)

But it is nice to see so many of us!

Trolls are like stray cats.
Feed them and they multiply.
Please do not feed them.

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

I’m 24 and I started playing mmos at the age of 16. My first one was Phantasy star Online for Game cube and PC (Blue Burst) I found Guild Wars at age 18 and never looked back. Played the first on and off for 6 years. I wish I had someone other than one friend (that rather play WoW more often) to play this game with. I’m pretty much alone in GW 2.

Other MMOs I touched were Ragnarok Online (love it, but it gets stale after a few months) and a free trial in WoW (I hated everything about WoW).

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: defektive.3540

defektive.3540

I’m 39 yoa and was looking forward to the WvW part of the game. Sadly the shockingly poor frame rate (PvE never slips below 50fps), blinding VFX spam, disasterously aggressive avatar culling, camera problems (can’t aim up or down) and general quibbles about the mechanics of the game mode itself hammered a number of nails into the lid of that particular coffin.

The PvE game is pretty good but I’m getting a bit bored after having reached Lvl50 with my Asura Engie. The game is better when played with a few mates.

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: gricks.1897

gricks.1897

My guild is a guild of about 21 people, we all know each other here in College, so our age range is about 21-24. My and my SO are both 23. This has actually been one of the sad things. Since release we have only about 4-5 who are still active and truly love playing this game. The rest have left after about 3 weeks to go play LoL, and Borderlands 2. Interestingly enough, those left were all the 80s. Out of 21 members, we have 5 level 80’s and all 5 have stayed.

Its sad, but my age range has a bit of ADD on games and require acute rewards for what they do….stereotypically speaking, we cant just sit down and enjoy the game.

The Wrecking Krewe[NYE] – [Maguuma] Arum Bloodclaw

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

41 y/o. GW2 is hands down my favorite game on the market right now.

Played WoW for years and loved it, but it felt like, in order to keep up with my friends, I had to make the game a huge part of my life. I have a busy life outside of gaming and love that GW2 doesn’t place that same requirement (grind to stay caught up) on players.

I am loving this game (and playing more than I probably should).

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Redx.4230

Redx.4230

23 years old and loving the game. Read alot on the forums and whatever comes out as negative influence on the game dose not effect me at all.

Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Equanim.5471

Equanim.5471

28, loving it.

The vast majority of the game industry aims itself specifically at age nineteen. (Seriously, it’s a marketing thing.) They’re subjected to a lot of grabbing of attention by new releases. If a developer doesn’t match the flow of market releases with more of their own content, which is impossible, that audience tends to move on.

MMOs are especially vulnerable to this because you don’t “beat” them. They cater to an audience that’s looking for a break from reality. “You mean after work I can go throw fireballs at a troll and my wife wants to come? KITTEN YEAH!”

(edited by Equanim.5471)