Age of GW2 Players

Age of GW2 Players

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: BetaWar.7903

BetaWar.7903

I’m 22 and loving this game, though I don’t play many MMOs. The last one was GW1 actually. In general I refuse to pay subscription fees, so that rules out most other common ones.

I would have loved it if I could get better graphics with my card, it is probably 7 years old at this point (bought it 3 years ago when it was <$100), but I was able to play Starcraft 2 at max settings with it, and yet am stuck on the lowest settings with GW2. Oh well, at least I am not lagging.

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Kouken.8604

Kouken.8604

24 and yes have noticed a larger amount of adults playing, and it couldnt be better!

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

33 and GW2 is probably the best all round game I’ve ever played.

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Zhaneel.9208

Zhaneel.9208

I’m 26. I really don’t know if age has anything to do with liking GW2 tbh. The most complaints I hear are from people who came into GW2 with expectations comparable to their favorite MMORPG memories. A lot of the people who seem to enjoy this game play on a more casual basis because they have busy schedules or like to do a variety of other things, etc.

/this game is teh awesome.

(edited by Zhaneel.9208)

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: LanceHavenbay.2067

LanceHavenbay.2067

I’m 21 and have mixed feelings. Boredom seems like the most accurate way to describe it.

Maybe it has to do with younger people needing more excitement than endless, pointless title grinds. (;

I’ve been i Guild Wars pretty much my whole life as a gamer. It is something about the design that deters me. Nothing to do with my age.

This is a very interesting post though. Glad someone noticed something like this.

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Katostrophe.3274

Katostrophe.3274

22 here. Greatest MMO i have played to this date. i LOVE to see older players because they are so respectful and fun to play with.

Thankgod this isn’t WoW. 1000% less trolls in GW2 because of the annoying young kids who play.

I say, let the young players leave! (under 16) The older, the funner, the more mature!

ArenaNet has created a beautiful world! Love it and so have thousands of other players i see and play with weekly!

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: BraxKedren.8941

BraxKedren.8941

38…game, for me, is the best thing since playing EQ. I missed Exploration and doing things with other people without it being instanced off.

Noob in training

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: karma.8763

karma.8763

Im 29, and loving every minute of it.

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: IV Endu.8920

IV Endu.8920

21 and I feel the game could use some work. Don’t get me wrong though, I freaking love GW2!

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

37 here , and loving the game every minute…….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Nate.8934

Nate.8934

26. I love it. Almost all of the complaints I’ve heard are basically from people who did zero research prior to buying. To which I tell them “It’s your own fault”. Or from people who more or less wants to sit in town all day talking in chat and get exp/karma/gold/exotics for it.

I like the overall design of the game and there are lots of nice little things here and there. I do feel that they really need to disable free server transfers to stabilise WvW though.

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Sondergaard.8469

Sondergaard.8469

29 and my gf is… around that grins. We’re both very happy with the game and not going anywhere anytime soon. Granted we both have very busy lives, so we’re not playing it 24/7.

That could be a large part of why you see the younger audiences running off so fast. If they have nothing to do all day but play this game for insane hours of course they’re going to burn out quicker. The game was made to be enjoyed at a leisurely pace, and most of us 28+ adults have jobs, college, families, etc that take up our time when we’re not gaming so we eat up the content at a much slower pace.

As for those asking why age has anything to do with it, the above explains one side of it. The other thing is, most kids don’t have much patience. They want it now, now, now! Granted, different environments and social experiences can change that and thus there are youth that have extreme amounts of patience just as there are ones who have extreme lack of patience. I know when I was younger though, everything was about wanting to be older faster, wanting to get out of school sooner, wanting to get my chores done quicker, wishing I didn’t have homework so I could play.

Relate this to a game. They want to get to the finish line faster. They don’t want to have to work to get there. They want to have the best everything, and no matter how much they get they are never satisfied because there’s always more they could want.

Where as adults, typically (but again not always), tend to have had a little more life experience to develop an appreciation for the smaller things. We don’t mind slowing down to enjoy the scenery because we’re not in a rush to get anywhere. Everything else in our life is rushing past us at such a rapid pace, when we do get a moment to sit down and relax, we don’t want our play time to fly by like everything else. Just my observations on it anyway…

(edited by Sondergaard.8469)

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: xiv.7136

xiv.7136

Average age of GW2 player seems pretty high, and lots of women are playing – the overall impression is of a game for mature players.

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Nerodon.8602

Nerodon.8602

23 here, kinda surprising to see that there are many older players playing GW2, I’d be very much interested to see an actual demographic representation.

Win or Lose, Cheap transfers or not, T1 or T3, DragonBrand will always be home!

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Smoothy.1085

Smoothy.1085

Unbelievable, havent seen a post from anyone younger then 18. except mine, im 15. Am i the only “kid” in here? :o. dont get me wrong im not the kind of kid people get angry about, have been playing MMO’s with mature people since i was 8 and im dutch so i learned most of my english from MMO’s i suppose (and i know, it still pretty much sucks lolz)

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Tosha Daydreamer.9251

26 and loving it. I love having a game where I can actually relax instead of it turning into a second job.

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: judeobscure.2537

judeobscure.2537

35, male.

been gaming since i was 5 yrs old. :)

its hard to remember we’re alive for the first time
its hard to remember we’re alive for the last time

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Rise.9702

Rise.9702

I’m not surprise at the age group here lol.
I’m 19 almost 20.

You sir are a Scholar and Gentlekitten.

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: aleiro.8521

aleiro.8521

I’m 30 and I luv it!

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Sabbaticus.9573

Sabbaticus.9573

54 and wife is 53. We played Eq1 and alpha tested Eq2. Played WoW, Prius and Rom. Really have to say we are really enjoying this game…Thanks

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: NatureBlade.7910

NatureBlade.7910

13 and lovin’ it, too bad I cannot play it as much as I wanted.

Impressed, me too!

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

21 and very nice1 game.

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Tyr.2489

Tyr.2489

I’m 28 and I’ve been enjoying mmo’s since the early days of UO. While GW2 is far from perfect, it is a breath of fresh air. I am pleased to this point and confident in Anet’s ability to polish the rough patches, given GW1’s longevity.

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: LuckyLuke.9046

LuckyLuke.9046

25, I enjoy the game

Tsoulaki-lvl 80 thief

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: ArmitageShanks.4718

ArmitageShanks.4718

41 here. Liking it alot.

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Velius.7635

Velius.7635

25, I didn’t enjoy it much, never even reached max level. The combat just wasn’t something I liked , the abilities being tied to weapons was too restricting and most slot skills seemed lackluster. I would have enjoyed pvp had there been no “downed mechanic.”

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: kuroi.5467

kuroi.5467

i just glanced over all the posted ages (including that random mod asking everyone to stay on topic?? this is like the most well-behave thread here haha), and i have to say i’m impressed at the OP’s insight, since based solely from this thread it seems to ring true.

that said, me and my guild (all four of them) are all 20 or thereabout. why do we think this game appeals to older gamers? i feel certainly that older gamers would have less time (unless you’re in college and also have a job), and to be honest, despite all the kittening about being forced to farm, that GW is simply fun in short doses, and has activities stretching across all time frames.

you can, for instance, always hop on and grab a few more map icons, gather some resources, maybe do your dailies, and not spend more than half an hour. zoning and leveling dispatch XP at such a rate that you can let it trickle in instead of requiring solid blocks of gameplay. dungeons take a little more time, usually half an hour to an hour and a half (depending on dungeon), but can also last much longer (Arah, or full path clears of lower level dungeons). sPvP is great for pick up fun during my lunch break.

also, unlike most mmo’s, i find that GW really starts to wear on my brain after awhile. whereas in a quieter game you can zone out and kinda let autopilot take over, you’ve gotta be on your feat the whole time in most dungeons and PvP. this is mentally draining, the same way an hour or two of Battlefield 3 is for me. i think a lot of younger players with lots of time are more used to plugging 10 hours into a game into a day. which i haven’t been able to do with gw since i was leveling my first char and the world was completely new. but i spend a lot more time reading fansites and the forums for more information, because the game theory intrigues me more and more as i continue to learn.

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Keiran.1896

Keiran.1896

14 and ’been playing Guild Wars 1 since I am 7. No shame.

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Joshmans.8937

Joshmans.8937

Keiran.1896

14 and ’been playing Guild Wars 1 since I am 7. No shame.

Lmfao. Makes me feel so old at only 22.

The reason why this game has mostly 20+ gamers, is because everyone in their teens are still feeding activision money for rehashed CoD games on their xbox.

(edited by Joshmans.8937)

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Nefar.8135

Nefar.8135

39 Here. I’m staying but now that I’ve hit 80 it’s turning a little stale. The people I’ve played with are mostly in their 30’s and are staying. Really there is just no where else to go at the moment that is competitive. Younger generation not playing doesn’t bother me though. They are all about instant gratification.

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: MrSibby.4615

MrSibby.4615

I’m 15, and i just cant get enough of this game. Anet did everything right.

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Blackndeath.5392

Blackndeath.5392

Im 20 and I absolutely love it. My guild is mixed of all ages.

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Invictorum.7643

Invictorum.7643

18 and absolutely loving this game. also, who ever thought Vista’s should give EXP needs a bonus. really shows everyone all the hard work they put into making this game BEAUTIFUL.

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: byolith.8160

byolith.8160

Turned 20 this month. I love the game, but I’m taking some time off to draw and study and whatnot.

:: Gandara ::
- Rhéidyn :: Thief

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Afternoon.8236

Afternoon.8236

23 and still enjoy the game. I enjoy the combat, the lore, the races and overall the world. I love exploring and many of the recently released games didn’t give me that satisfaction of exploring.

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Thuran.7624

Thuran.7624

25 and loving it; Though i do wish there was a “top end” dungeon, and some more big bosses in the vein of Claw of Jormag and Shatterer. Oh, and karma from normal pvp would rock, since I want to work towards my legendary, but I also want to play the pvp game, which coincidentally is the only one not contributing

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Zenith.1234

Zenith.1234

29, loving the game even after 500+ hours. Fixing to acquire my 2nd level 80. Also this game never feels grindy whatsoever, which is amazing.

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: sAdam.5876

sAdam.5876

Early twenties and as for now loving it but I didn’t reach lvl 80 nor Arach yet. Will see how it ends.

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Grunim.9034

Grunim.9034

I’m a 48 year old married woman and I love this game. I never feel bored and one of my characters made it to 80 quite awhile ago. I love how I don’t have to focus on gear to enjoy PvP in either sPvP or WvW. Finally a game for how I like to approach online games.

Zammi – Mesmer
Tarnished Coast since August 2012

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Timze.7980

Timze.7980

20 and I just love the game. :P

If you are reading this, you are only waisting your time!
Still reading this? You know there is something better to be done for sure. -.-’’

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Rolan.6427

Rolan.6427

22, i love the game but i think it need more minigames, and in general things to do at all lvls. Plus more roleplayer support. I cant even sit on a chair!!!!!

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Sad Swordfish.9743

Sad Swordfish.9743

25, and this is the most meaningful online game I’ve played since SWG CU.

While GW2 is not a sandbox the community has been nice, and idiots are kept to a minimum. I feel like I enjoy video games more now that I play them less.

People I know who played EQ/WoW/FFXI 6+ hours a day, hated and loved the experience at the same time. But I think all of those that I personally know also regretted wasting a lot of their youth.

I’ve found other meaningful things to do with my time now besides playing video games, so the skill > time commitment is one of my favorite things about guild wars, and always have been. This game rocks because of that!

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

16. and i love it

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Cherrysoul.3507

Cherrysoul.3507

34 and Female (No need to fall of your chairs gentleman) – oh and yes loving GW2

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: CoRtex.2157

CoRtex.2157

20 – bored with the game mechanics

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Rukia.4802

Rukia.4802

Well, I think age has nothing to do with it. For me I don’t like GW2 for it not really being GW, but it’s either this or getting globalled by warriors/mages/hunters (can’t say GW2 is any better in the pvp department atm) in WoW or playing a dead game (GW1) so I’ll take the lesser of the 3 evils…

Meaning I am playing GW2 but I am not enjoying it half as much as I did GW1, and there are no better games so /sigh

23 here.

“I find this rain quite pleasant, it feels as though raindrops are blessing our victory”

(edited by Rukia.4802)

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: zenith.9673

zenith.9673

32 here :D

Been playing mmos for more than a decade now. I am not gonna state the obvious about Anet making a very innovative and interesting title but I have only one thing that takes away all the joy from playing GW2 (and maybe nobody cares but here it goes).

Started playing with a couple of friends who all have already quit, each for their own reasons. So I pretty much find myself playing alone. Having tried different guilds to find a way to socialize and make new ingame friends I realised that most of them have more than 100 members with half of them (those online) not representing and/or being on other servers, and the rest are ppl that arent even talking in gchat. So the only other way was to group up with ppl you find randomly to try and get a bond of some sort. Still no luck since ppl group up for dungeons and do them sometimes without even exchanging a single word, outdoor activities like DEs and other events are also not the best place to meet new ppl as most (specially 80s) only have one thing in mind : Tag as many mobs to get loot! period No sense of cooperation even for events that require that…
And one last thing. I have 3 level 80 chars and a 4th is coming up. I tend to hop a lot from one alt to the other which makes it a little difficult for ppl within a guild to keep track of who you are just with your screen name :S
Well I am not gonna bother you any more with my ranting… but I think you get the general feeling

Sorry for the block of text and I hope you guys enjoy the game a lot more than me at the present state

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

31 and loving it.

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: Alexander Dragonfang.1759

Alexander Dragonfang.1759

23, most epic game launched for me since Ragnarok Online and Lineage 2.

Age of GW2 Players

Posted by: prenavo.3926

prenavo.3926

Just turned 39 on Oct. 12 and loving the game. No matter how much I play it never seems to get old.