Airship passes

Airship passes

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Verificus.4320

Verificus.4320

So I looted one of these. However when I go to the gemstore I see there is two kinds. A 2-week variant and a permanent variant. The 2-week one has it displayed in brackets behind its name. The thing is, my looted airpass doesn’t say this however also does not have the golden picture variant of the permanent pass. So which type did I loot?

Airship passes

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

Its a one-time-only pass that will take you there once and disappear.

Airship passes

Posted by: Heezdedjim.8902

Heezdedjim.8902

EDIT: This post was bad, and I am a bad person for posting it. See below for my updated comments on the new Airship Pass and Royal Terrace Pass.

(edited by Heezdedjim.8902)

Airship passes

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

There’s also the fact that major services previously available in LA are not available in Vigils Keep but are available in the airship if you want to pay for it.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Airship passes

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

The airship is convenient, but cramped. Even if I’m up there by myself. (It’s not an instanced area). I can picture myself having to carefully mouse click the NPC I want to interact with, since they are so close to each other in spots.

The part that interested me most was the first thing mentioned on the TP description: “Quick Travel to All Cities”. Not exactly true. I didn’t see a way to go to another city from the Airship. When you leave the airship, you go to the refugee camp outside Vigil Keep, and can then run to the Asura Gates. (About as far as it was from the old LA bank to the gate plaza.) Still better than using WvW as a cheap way back to civilization from out in the boonies. But when they said “Quick Travel” I was expecting that I would be able to travel to other cities directly from the ship. No such luck.

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Airship passes

Posted by: Terok.7315

Terok.7315

Does access give you “quick travel” to the actual airship? Can I be in Cursed Shore and quick travel to the air ship?

Vile Necromancer||Defender of the Beastgate||Slayer of Moa’s

Airship passes

Posted by: Esquilax.3491

Esquilax.3491

Does the Airship have a Black Lion trader (AH) ?

Airship passes

Posted by: Darkoray.4570

Darkoray.4570

Does access give you “quick travel” to the actual airship? Can I be in Cursed Shore and quick travel to the air ship?

Yes

Does the Airship have a Black Lion trader (AH) ?

And Yes

Airship passes

Posted by: Waldir.2571

Waldir.2571

Its the peoples faults really, we should have learned by now when something good comes into the gem store something better will follow. Its a trend really at this point. You have to ask your self… Do I buy this now? Or should I wait for the upgraded version few patches down? Must will give in and cry at the end. Moral of the story? Learn from passed experiences and evolve.

Airship passes

Posted by: Hofulu.7325

Hofulu.7325

Its the peoples faults really, we should have learned by now when something good comes into the gem store something better will follow. Its a trend really at this point. You have to ask your self… Do I buy this now? Or should I wait for the upgraded version few patches down? Must will give in and cry at the end. Moral of the story? Learn from passed experiences and evolve.

I seriously hope that you’re wrong, not to be rude to you, but because that would be the absolute line in the sand for me. Coming out with better and better things will only lead to a pay to win game, and if that happens, ArenaNet will ruin their own rep and trust.

Airship passes

Posted by: MisterElliott.2481

MisterElliott.2481

So if I got the pass, would I be able to access it on every character or just the one who used it? Never got the pass for the terrace, so would be interested in knowing.

Airship passes

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

There’s also the fact that major services previously available in LA are not available in Vigils Keep but are available in the airship if you want to pay for it.

Also no more free waypoints in Lion’s Arch with this new patch.

Airship passes

Posted by: Zygil.1276

Zygil.1276

The part that interested me most was the first thing mentioned on the TP description: “Quick Travel to All Cities”. Not exactly true. I didn’t see a way to go to another city from the Airship. When you leave the airship, you go to the refugee camp outside Vigil Keep, and can then run to the Asura Gates. (About as far as it was from the old LA bank to the gate plaza.) Still better than using WvW as a cheap way back to civilization from out in the boonies. But when they said “Quick Travel” I was expecting that I would be able to travel to other cities directly from the ship. No such luck.

You need to talk to the sylvari near the ship’s steering wheel who gives you the option to travel to the other cities. The option is there which will drop you off at any of the racial cities. The airship is extremely convenient.

Also The Royal Terrance did have a Trait Retrainer added. Look slightly to the east upon entering.

Airship passes

Waldir.2571

I seriously hope that you’re wrong, not to be rude to you, but because that would be the absolute line in the sand for me. Coming out with better and better things will only lead to a pay to win game, and if that happens, ArenaNet will ruin their own rep and trust.

Isn’t the new watchwork pick and air ship pass prove of this?

Airship passes

Posted by: Yalora Istairiea.6287

Yalora Istairiea.6287

Isn’t the new watchwork pick and air ship pass prove of this?

As noted a warning was issued for the Vertical Creep with the precedent of the Watchwork Pick.

Just looking at the two main threads on the Pick issue, over 1,000+ posts later, the progression remains AND now we have a second instance.

It saddens me.

Airship passes

Heezdedjim.8902

Also The Royal Terrance did have a Trait Retrainer added. Look slightly to the east upon entering.

Oh? I looked all around there last night trying to see if there was anyone new. I must have missed him.

I will look for him again tonight, and if this is true, then I will take back my uninformed rant and happily buy a shiny new Airship Pass to make up for it.

Airship passes

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

Thanks for the education, but I buy whatever I want whenever I want, yes, that includes “P2W” if I feel like it. Please, keep that Occupy Tyria-stuff to yourself.

Airship passes

Posted by: Fozzik.1742

Fozzik.1742

So, as I understand, this pass allows you to travel from anywhere in the PvE world directly to the airship.

My question is… Is there some way to return directly to where you were in the world when you used the pass? Or can you only leave to one of the major cities? I’d like to be able to do my selling/services and then get right back to where I was and what I was doing without the cost of waypoints. If I can’t do that, I don’t see it being worth $10.

Airship passes

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

You can use the portals to get to the crafting areas in other cities. tbh I think being in a warzone should have some reduced functionality, I was hoping the portals would have been temporarily destroyed.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Airship passes

Posted by: JuliusIT.9504

JuliusIT.9504

So if I got the pass, would I be able to access it on every character or just the one who used it? Never got the pass for the terrace, so would be interested in knowing.

So, as I understand, this pass allows you to travel from anywhere in the PvE world directly to the airship.

My question is… Is there some way to return directly to where you were in the world when you used the pass? Or can you only leave to one of the major cities? I’d like to be able to do my selling/services and then get right back to where I was and what I was doing without the cost of waypoints. If I can’t do that, I don’t see it being worth $10.

I’m also interested in the two above questions, does anyone know the answer?

Airship passes

Waldir.2571

Thanks for the education, but I buy whatever I want whenever I want, yes, that includes “P2W” if I feel like it. Please, keep that Occupy Tyria-stuff to yourself.

Obiously my post was not for individuals such as yourself who seem to like to make it rain on dat P2W, it was meant for the people that agree with the fact that gw2 was never meant to be a p2w game, so you can keep your “its my party and I cry if I want to” comments to yourself.

Airship passes

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

Keep your opinions to yourself. See it works both ways.

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

Airship passes

Posted by: Aven.7295

Aven.7295

p2w

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, omg you guys think this is a pay to win game. ive never laughed so hard in my life. Gw2 does their cash shop right, their items in there offer absolutely NO combat advantage. It is merely items of convience and just because you dont want to buy them you cry Pay 2 win! omg not fair.

Seriously… comming from Aion a true pay to win game where you need to spend easily $200 to get your armor in fighting condition, your petty argument is halarious

Aven Scorchfield, lvl 80 Guardian
Server: Maguma
Guild: Judgement [Eye]

Airship passes

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

p2w

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, omg you guys think this is a pay to win game. ive never laughed so hard in my life. Gw2 does their cash shop right, their items in there offer absolutely NO combat advantage. It is merely items of convience and just because you dont want to buy them you cry Pay 2 win! omg not fair.

Seriously… comming from Aion a true pay to win game where you need to spend easily $200 to get your armor in fighting condition, your petty argument is halarious

Guild Wars 2 is better than Aion… Got it. Now who asked about Aion? Don’t get sidetracked, they took convenience away, then offered what we already had… In the store.

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

Airship passes

Posted by: JuliusIT.9504

JuliusIT.9504

Sorry can we stick to the topic? Noone knows the answer to the above questions?

Airship passes

Posted by: Xavier Eledhwen.6901

Xavier Eledhwen.6901

Sorry can we stick to the topic? Noone knows the answer to the above questions?

I too am interested in this answer, I can’t seem to find out on wiki or guru either.

Airship passes

Waldir.2571

Logging off will kick u off and send u back to where u were kinda like wvw, not sure if clicking the pass again to make u leave… But it should

Airship passes

Heezdedjim.8902

The answer to the first question is no, there is no way to make an immediate return to where you were when you used the pass. So you have to travel back by the usual means (there is an Asura gate in the RT that gives access to all cities).

Note that this is an advantage that the WvW and PvP social areas have as service hubs, because when you exit those areas you will be returned to the exact spot where you were when you entered.

The RT also has a somewhat annoying quirk in that if you log out there, you will be violently expelled (kicked onto the ground complete with “aaaaugh!” sound effects) just outside the knockback veil that prevents people entering without a pass. It doesn’t matter that you have the pass in your inventory; you still get kicked out and have to use the pass again to re-enter.

In the case of RT, you are expelled to the area of Divinity’s Reach just outside the RT itself. I am not sure if the Airship has the same behavior (and if so, I don’t know whether it just kicks you off into the air, to plummet to your death, or whether you are kicked to the ground in the Vigil Keep below).

As to the second question, I am not in-game at the moment to verify this, but the wiki says that the Royal Terrace Pass is Account Bound, so you can put it in the bank and then get it on another character to use. I don’t think you can claim duplicates though, so you can only have it on one alt at a time.

Airship passes

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

I’m not interested in this, simply because it takes up an item slot… I mean seriously? ..Do they not have a way to add it to your account, like an upgrade or something.

I like rata sum for amenities, so I’ll be going back there I guess.

Airship passes

Heezdedjim.8902

As someone noted above, there was a retrainer added to the Royal Terrace area at the same time the Airship area was introduced. My earlier post about this was simply wrong, and I apologize for going off on a rant.

And to make up for it, I am now the owner of a shiny new Airship Pass.

Also, thanks for adding one of the most requested vendors that was missing from the RT area. Good job.

Airship passes

Posted by: Nage.1520

Nage.1520

p2w

Guild Wars 2 is better than Aion… Got it. Now who asked about Aion? Don’t get sidetracked, they took convenience away, then offered what we already had… In the store.

You’re right. They took away convenience…which doesn’t make the game pay to win. Which is what some people are claiming. The poster you’re quoting was talking about another game that is P2W (and there are tons of them), to negate an argument he disagreed with.

No one is saying that the game didn’t take away a convenience here, as far as I can tell. And I think it’s pretty annoying to be honest. I won’t buy an airship pass for this reason. I’d recommend others not buy one too, to show Anet that we don’t like this.

But I don’t think it’ll make any difference at all, because there are too many people who don’t see where this eventually leads.

Airship passes

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Hmm….Should they have left all the NPCs in LA while it burns? How would that make sense? Is the complaint that there are no crafting stations in the Keep? I guess that could be considered inconvenient. Still, should there be no differences at all, now that LA burns? It’s only a loading screen to get to the crafting stations. And, just to be clear, it takes me forever to load maps, but I think maybe ArenaNet wanted there to be some minor consequences to the fact that LA is being destroyed.

Still, I am sure something will be put in its place, permanently, somewhere, somehow. This inconvenience is fleeting, at best.

Airship passes

Posted by: Ingram of Haz.5987

Ingram of Haz.5987

Permanent Captain’s Airship Pass Suggestion.

I want to thank you for at last providing a quality permanent item that everyone should buy ASAP. 1000 Gems is well worth this Service.

A couple things to suggest.

1: Make the Airship instance based (like home district) If need be tie it to the home district map of your character so its not infested with others when you go there. I was hoping it would be this way but was disappointed to find it was crowded and will likely become very hard to move around in. (addendum: If not home district how about the hall of monuments instance itself? it would give it more purpose at least and solve the next point.)

2: The exit should work more like the Hall of Monuments token and return you to your original location. Dropping a lev 8 into Gendarran Fields upon using the account item that gets us to the airship is a bit disconcerting at best…

3: is mostly just a concern for Gendarran Fields in general. being your treating it like Lions Arch which was always laggy to be in for me, now you made an adventure area kinda unusable. Would it not be a better idea to make the revamped Vigil area thats replacing LA a separate mapped area? Just saying… I mean I know this is a living world event and all and its likely not a permanent thing to be in there like that, but it was just a thought…

Thanks for listening…
=HT=Ingram
HAZTEAM Guild Since first beta of Prophecies.

PS: to answer a couple questions: Its is 1 item and you have to move it to which ever character your on to use it. I normally put it in my bank when I’m done for the day and log out near a bank so I can grab it next time on whichever character I login with.

When you log out on board you are expelled just outside the Vigil keep.
There is a market access vendor on board. all the crafters are on board, there is a guild bank on board and a regular bank. Indeed just about all the services that were in LA are right there at a click of an item (as long as you rmeber to bring it)… I didnt see the world travel options they claimed, but if you exit the Vigil has all of those right below you at least for now… Hope that clears things up a bit.

At the very least its a fast free travel method to all resources.

HAZTEAM Guild
Jade Quarry
www.hazteam.net

(edited by Ingram of Haz.5987)

Airship passes

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

2: The exit should work more like the Hall of Monuments token and return you to your original location. Dropping a lev 8 into Gendarran Fields upon using the account item that gets us to the airship is a bit disconcerting at best…

This, if it dropped me back off where I used the item, I’d buy it in a heartbeat. As it is now…meh.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.