Alittle upset not having Heros...Cant mulibox to play alone either..?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: DoM.8396

DoM.8396

I started playing guild wars in 2006. I fell in love with the game. The story was just amazing and between all the expansions I was able to keep with the game until guild wars 2 came out. The NUMBER 1 thing I enjoyed with guild wars 1 was the henchmen/heros. ArenaNet, you have taken them away from Guild wars 2 but will not promote or allow players to multibox clients? I liked guild wars because I was able to do almost anything without having to deal with people that were either not as focused on the goal as me, or just not as experienced. I work way to many hours a week to get on and do a dungeon with people that might or might not be able to complete it, and if we do complete it it takes way longer then it should. I don’t prefer to be able to multibox in guild wars 2, but seeing as there are no longer heros or henchmen I would rather multibox then have to play with other people…Am I wrong for wanting this?

EDIT:

I guess I should of pointed out that I just wanted it for dungeons and instanced zones. I don’t want to run open world multiboxing…Since this game is not like WoW, that requires monthly payments, there would be way to many people running around multiboxing. I just waned heros so I could do a dungeon for 2 hours without having to deal with countless deaths or ugly dps because I don’t know enough people that I can play with..yet alone people that arent completely horrible or bail out halfway through a dungeon..

This thread just boomed and I lost track of the point here. I never really stated what I did above. I’m not trying to win over the right to have 15 Chinese named characters running around and clearing the map…I just wanted to be able to do dungeons without the use of human interference.

(edited by DoM.8396)

Posted by: DirtyDeeds.6075

DirtyDeeds.6075

Welcome to GW2 where solo friendly is actually “solo” friendly.

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

Yes because you are not only endorsing somthing tha destroys game economies but also saying “i want to play a Massively Sigleplayer Online Game”

Posted by: Krosslite.1950

Krosslite.1950

Yes. Those multiboxing now appear to be bots and gold farmers. Which is against the policies of the game.

Personally I actually like the style of play the game has now. I never liked the henchmen model and am very glad to see t gone. Even though you do see elements of it left in your personal stories.

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred

Posted by: Korrigan.4837

Korrigan.4837

Last time I’ve read about it, multiboxing is perfectly possible, but if you run several clients on the same computer, you need to have separate installations of the game, and of course you need two separate accounts.

On a side note, it always boggles my mind when people play a MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer) to NOT play with other people… o_O

The Farstar Alliance [TFA] – Gandara Server.
A PvX guild for mature players with a life.

DoM.8396

Yes because you are not only endorsing somthing tha destroys game economies but also saying “i want to play a Massively Sigleplayer Online Game”

Excuess me you are incorrect. It does not destroy the game economy. What destroys the economy is gold sellers and bots. A bot does all its actions alone without any human contact needed. What I am saying in my post is why cant I purchase 3 more guild wars 2 accounts and have 4 character’s logged into the game at the same time while I have a program that repeats all my keystrokes and mouse movement/clicks to all other game clients. It takes a human to do it, it also takes real life cash. Something I would rather do then deal with 85%+ of people that I just do not want to know.

Adine.2184

I never liked the henchmen model and am very glad to see t gone. Even though you do see elements of it left in your personal stories.

I liked the Hench far more than Heros . The thing about the henchmen is that they were so bad they made you WANT to play with other players . Remember Alisia always running up mid combat with renew life trying to rez ya or Cynn always dropping firestorm at exactly the wrong time ? ahhhh now those were fun times .

Posted by: Esya.3427

Esya.3427

while I have a program that repeats all my keystrokes and mouse movement/clicks to all other game clients.

This is why it is not allowed. One keystroke would copy to 4/5 actions in the game, which is considered botting.

DoM.8396

Last time I’ve read about it, multiboxing is perfectly possible, but if you run several clients on the same computer, you need to have separate installations of the game, and of course you need two separate accounts.

On a side note, it always boggles my mind when people play a MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer) to NOT play with other people… o_O

Guild wars has always been known as an MMO that allowed players to not have to meet people, make friends, and kiss kitten to get anywhere in the game to enjoy yourself. That’s what I liked about it.

DoM.8396

while I have a program that repeats all my keystrokes and mouse movement/clicks to all other game clients.

This is why it is not allowed. One keystroke would copy to 4/5 actions in the game, which is considered botting.

Whats so messed up about that is I could buy an adapter for my keyboard and have 4 computers which were all controlled by my one keyboard and mouse. That isn’t botting anymore, but I would be accused as one. I dont see why I cant have my actions repeated to my characters if they are MY ACTIONS, not some AI BOT.

Adine.2184

then you were playing the wrong game . sure you COULD solo if you couldn’t find a party but you were always better off with one especially in the beginning when it was just proph .

DoM.8396

I could solo underworld with my hero team… I didnt play guild wars as much as I get to play the new one because I wasnt in the country much but when I could I did..

Posted by: ravinhood.3981

ravinhood.3981

Excuess me you are incorrect. It does not destroy the game economy. What destroys the economy is gold sellers and bots. A bot does all its actions alone without any human contact needed. What I am saying in my post is why cant I purchase 3 more guild wars 2 accounts and have 4 character’s logged into the game at the same time while I have a program that repeats all my keystrokes and mouse movement/clicks to all other game clients. It takes a human to do it, it also takes real life cash. Something I would rather do then deal with 85%+ of people that I just do not want to know.

Because THAT ^ is not the way THIS game was INTENDED to be played. You get ONE account and you play ONE character at a time….period endo mundo. If you want to play by yourself with henchies/heroes they made a game like that for you it’s called Guild Wars 1, why do you think THIS game must be like that game? This game is for DIFFERENT types of people and players.

DoM.8396

Because THAT ^ is not the way THIS game was INTENDED to be played. You get ONE account and you play ONE character at a time….period endo mundo. If you want to play by yourself with henchies/heroes they made a game like that for you it’s called Guild Wars 1, why do you think THIS game must be like that game? This game is for DIFFERENT types of people and players.

So when you expand upon something, you take away from the original source? That makes sense…Like, Diablo →(upgrade)→ Diablo 2 →(major additions and removal changes) → Diablo 3 = Horrible Failure. Thats what happens when you take away something significant away.. How about this one too…Lord of the rings trilogy, except in the 3rd movie froto is a human and there is no ring anymore, its a bracelet. Do you think everyone would still enjoy and love Lord of the rings? Think before you speak man..

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

The Lord of the ring comparison doesn’t even make any sense. GW2 was never billed as being the same as GW1. Only misinformed people who got it based on name alone thought it would be.

If you want to play by yourself with henchies/heroes they made a game like that for you it’s called Guild Wars 1, why do you think THIS game must be like that game? This game is for DIFFERENT types of people and players.

If THIS game wasn’t meant to be like GUILD WARS 1, then it shouldnt be called GUILD WARS 2. I made it easier for you to UNDERSTAND. I felt you might not be able to COMPREHEND my last REPLY to your post.

It’s your own fault for not doing about 30 seconds worth of research about the game to see that the mechanics behind it are absolutely 100% different than GW1.

DoM.8396

The Lord of the ring comparison doesn’t even make any sense. GW2 was never billed as being the same as GW1. Only misinformed people who got it based on name alone thought it would be.

It has a continued storyline, same races seen throughout the game…How is it not taking after GW1?

PS: All I was trying to imply with the Lord of the ring comparison is you dont take something you are working on and change it. You might or already have lost people who had interest in it because of what you removed…Never take something away…

DoM.8396

It’s your own fault for not doing about 30 seconds worth of research about the game to see that the mechanics behind it are absolutely 100% different than GW1.

I preordered this game way before there was anything to research yet alone it was still in the making. So how am I supposed to know if they were going to add heros in or not throughout its production.

fellyn.5083

I preordered this game way before there was anything to research yet alone it was still in the making. So how am I supposed to know if they were going to add heros in or not throughout its production.

Because they said they wouldn’t? I and most other people I know who play the game found that out months and months ago. Long before they allowed us to pre order.

DoM.8396

Because they said they wouldn’t? I and most other people I know who play the game found that out months and months ago. Long before they allowed us to pre order.

Well all I kept up on was the emails they sent me. I never read an email of “THINGS WERE NOT PUTTING IN GW2”. I dont spend my time researching new games, I spend my free time playing them. I dont care that I spent the money and lost out on heros, I’m just upset that I cant enjoy it as much as I did in GW1. There are all different types of players, not everyone agrees with me, or with you. But taking something away from the game will only upset more people then make people happy. If you didn’t play GW1 then it doesn’t affect you, if you played GW1 and didn’t give a kitten about heros, it still doesn’t affect you, if you played GW1 and liked heros, it affects you. That equals negative feedback and possible loss of revenue. I just want to grind my dungeon armor by myself instead with 4 other people who are wasting my time. Why is that so complicated to understand?

Posted by: Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Tosha Daydreamer.9251

What I’m reading is:

“I want to play GW2, but I don’t like playing with people”

Why buy an MMO if you hate playing with other people?

Tbh, I hated heroes in GW1. It turned the game into something you did not need other players for, and if I want that, I’ll just buy a single player game. When they introduced heroes, I stopped liking the PvE part of GW1 and focused only on the PvP part.

MMO = Massive MULTIPLAYER Online, not “allow me to bot so I don’t have to deal with pesky people”.

Korrigan.4837

Smells like under bridge dweller now, but I’ll bite once more…

If you hope to be able to solo dungeons with 5 characters you control yourself, well, you’re in for a bad surprise. This game isn’t like WoW, LOTRO or GW1, notably because dodging is essential to survive, specially in dungeons.

Even if you multibox 5 accounts, you will never pass even the first boss in AC story mode. Hell, I doubt you will even survive the trash.

All the other content can be played solo (aka never having to have a verbal or group contact with any other player) even without multiboxing.

Oh, and by the way, GW1 is still up and running if you really need to multibox to feel happy. Or you can play a solo game like the excellent Skyrim, where you will never meet another player to annoy you, satisfying your antisocial needs.

DoM.8396

I just read the entire Guild wars 2 wiki main page and didnt find one thing stating any change in removal of heros in GW2.

Also, Guild wars has never been the “traditional MMO”. It is its own genre of games. Thats what made guild wars different. It is a Massive mulitplayer online game just like GW1. Except our perception of MMO has changed since GW1 came out. Also, why the hell do I want to deal with pesky people…I have to deal with enough of them in my job…Just because GW1 had heros didn’t mean you had to use them. You could still form party’s of people and do stuff. So I dont quite understand how it ruined PvE for you. I really have nothing more to say.

DoM.8396

Smells like under bridge dweller now, but I’ll bite once more…

If you hope to be able to solo dungeons with 5 characters you control yourself, well, you’re in for a bad surprise. This game isn’t like WoW, LOTRO or GW1, notably because dodging is essential to survive, specially in dungeons.

Even if you multibox 5 accounts, you will never pass even the first boss in AC story mode. Hell, I doubt you will even survive the trash.

All the other content can be played solo (aka never having to have a verbal or group contact with any other player) even without multiboxing.

Oh, and by the way, GW1 is still up and running if you really need to multibox to feel happy. Or you can play a solo game like the excellent Skyrim, where you will never meet another player to annoy you, satisfying your antisocial needs.

Well said. I have two manned a few dungeon bosses with my wife though. I defiantly think I can do content with 5 guardians/rangers/necros/eles. There all sufficient enough..Though, it still doesn’t answer my question on why you make a sequel game and remove something PvE heavy from the PvE side of the game. I’m just waiting for an Anet reply now.

fellyn.5083

Pretty obvious that you wouldn’t have a band of henchmen following you around when they said the game would be open world and not instanced.

DoM.8396

I have two manned a few dungeon bosses with my wife though.

And I’m Chuck Norris. When I enter a dungeon, all mobs die and I only have to loot.

;-)

I didn’t say we clear dungeons! I’m just stating, some bosses are do-able as of right now. I guess I should of pointed out that I just wanted it for dungeons and instanced zones. I don’t want to run open world multiboxing…Since this game is not like WoW, that requires monthly payments, there would be way to many people running around multiboxing. I just waned heros so I could do a dungeon for 2 hours without having to deal with countless deaths or ugly dps because I don’t know enough people that I can play with..yet alone people that arent completely horrible or bail out halfway through a dungeon..

This thread just boomed and I lost track of the point here. I never really stated what I did above. I’m not trying to win over the right to have 15 Chinese named characters running around and clearing the map…I just wanted to be able to do dungeons without the use of human interference.

(edited by DoM.8396)

Posted by: Esya.3427

Esya.3427

You want heroes and want to solve that with multiboxing. While I can understand you liked heroes, multiboxing is not the way to solve their loss. ArenaNet cannot say, ok we allow multiboxing in instanced areas only. They would have to fully allow it and then the impact is huge. Multiboxers would run in WvW killing that gameplay for almost all players. So no, multiboxing is not allowed. You are better off asking for heroes for dungeons. However, seeing the design of this game I don’t think ArenaNet is going to put all the design work that would be needed for this feature into it.

Then it might boil down to this game not being the game for you. It can be a bitter conclusion after having loved GW for so much and looking forward to GW2 for so much. However, GW is still online and you don’t rely on other people playing so you won’t be hurt by players moving from GW to GW2. If I were you, I would go have fun with those henchmen if I missed them so much.

Posted by: Shroom Mage.9410

Shroom Mage.9410

I dont spend my time researching new games, I spend my free time playing them.

There’s your problem. Maybe if you could be bothered to research games before buying them, you wouldn’t have to go to their forums and complain that you bought a game you can’t enjoy. They made it abundantly clear throughout the entirety of development that this is a completely different game. If you can’t do any amount of research on the game you’re spending $60 on, that’s only one person’s problem: yours.

That’s exactly like buying World of Warcraft when it first came out and complaining that it’s not an RTS. I shudder to think what you do every time a Final Fantasy game comes out.

It’s your fault for not doing the research. All you’re doing now is whining.

“Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don’t matter
and those who matter don’t mind.” -Dr. Seuss

Korrigan.4837

Yeah, Shroom Mage is right… a video game is a product, just like a car, a television, or hell, a computer, or a dinner at the restaurant. Would you buy a car or a television without doing some research before? Do you go to a fish restaurant if you hate fish?

Shroom Mage.9410

I guess I should of pointed out that I just wanted it for dungeons and instanced zones.

The closest you’ll get for that is the personal story. Dungeons are designed specifically to be not feasible by a solo player.

ravinhood.3981

Lord of the Rings is a very very very BAD analogy of what we are talking about. It’s apples and oranges because LotR is a book ana movie this is a GAME hopefully you know the difference.

DoM.8396

A video game isn’t a product to me, its an escape. I have hundreds apon hundreds of games…I played them, moved on. A game is 60 bucks, a car 30k+. I research a car, of course, a game not so much… I’m not an addictive gamer that follows trains of games. I’m simply a very busy man with to much stress in his life. Video games take my mind of all of that, and that’s my story. ArenaNet specifically pointed out that they care about their players and there opinions, I am voicing mine.

I don’t need explanations on why there isn’t this or that from the average player. I only want it from one, ArenaNet. Voice your opinions as you will…My soul purpose with this thread is to have an honest answer from a game developer. That is all.

ravinhood.3981

Then that’s YOUR problem not the problem of the designers. It’s like saying you don’t read current events and don’t know there’s salmanilla poisoning in JIF peanut butter (this is an analogy not a reality right now but there has been other peanut butter brands recently with this outbreak) and buy it anyways expecting the FDA to take care of you 24/7 lol

If you don’t READ then you have no right to complain.

ravinhood.3981

My soul purpose with this thread is to have an honest answer from a game developer. That is all.

Highly doubtful you will get one. Do you really think they spend their busy lives reading these forums and every thread? lol Sure they say “We read the forums” what they don’t say is “We read ALL of them an EVERY thread”.

DoM.8396

Then that’s YOUR problem not the problem of the designers. It’s like saying you don’t read current events and don’t know there’s salmanilla poisoning in JIF peanut butter (this is an analogy not a reality right now but there has been other peanut butter brands recently with this outbreak) and buy it anyways expecting the FDA to take care of you 24/7 lol

If you don’t READ then you have no right to complain.

I watch the news..I live by the news its all associated with my job. I followed the emails supplied to me by ArenaNet. If everyone wants to keep attacking me in this thread go right ahead, I am going to sleep. I wanted heros, and I’m sure others do too. I honestly think you, ravenhood, in this entire thread come off as the most ignorant one here..I’m not trying to offend you but everything you have said has literally done nothing productive towards the point. Age some more and that will probably go away…

edit, ravenhood I am currently ignoring your post, gl with it though.

fellyn.5083

You’re refusing to see the point. We’re telling you the same things any Rep. from Anet would. GW2 is a completely different game from GW1 and was never intended to be the same.

The only common things the 2 games share is the lore. Everything else is different, and if you would have watched any of the dozens of trailers or game play videos they have released over the years you would have seen that.

Shroom Mage.9410

A video game isn’t a product to me, its an escape. I have hundreds apon hundreds of games…I played them, moved on. A game is 60 bucks, a car 30k+. I research a car, of course, a game not so much… I’m not an addictive gamer that follows trains of games. I’m simply a very busy man with to much stress in his life. Video games take my mind of all of that, and that’s my story. ArenaNet specifically pointed out that they care about their players and there opinions, I am voicing mine.

I don’t need explanations on why there isn’t this or that from the average player. I only want it from one, ArenaNet. Voice your opinions as you will…My soul purpose with this thread is to have an honest answer from a game developer. That is all.

I watch the news..I live by the news its all associated with my job. I followed the emails supplied to me by ArenaNet. If everyone wants to keep attacking me in this thread go right ahead, I am going to sleep. I wanted heros, and I’m sure others do too. I honestly think you, ravenhood, in this entire thread come off as the most ignorant one here..I’m not trying to offend you but everything you have said has literally done nothing productive towards the point. Age some more and that will probably go away…

I don’t know what more to tell you other than that you are a very self-entitled person. The only post from ArenaNet you can expect is from a moderator, which very well may come with an infraction for demanding a developer response. It’s against the forum rules, you know. Oh, I guess you probably didn’t research that, either.

You can pretend a video game isn’t a product, but living in a make believe world where game developers exist not to sell products and make money but to serve your whims does not change reality. You wasted $60 on a product you didn’t research. The only one that has to answer to you for this is yourself.

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

Research before you spend money on something… anything.
If you didn’t research it before spending your money, you’re either extremely naive or didn’t care about the money, so what’s the point? Lesson learned, and move on.
If you liked heroes that much, there’s still always Guild Wars 1 for you to play.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

DoM.8396

I never demanded a developers response. I stated I dont care about anyone’s neck cutting responses to bash me…If there is a dev response then I will care. I didn’t waste 60 bucks either. I have 3 level 80’s I love this game. I took vacation time to play this game at release… I defiantly got my money of out it and will continue to play it. I dont waste money, if I bought it and hated it, I’m still going to get my moneys worth out of it. 60 bucks could mean a lot more to you then it does to me though. This thread is consisted of way to much hostility. It should of been locked or removed by now because this is not going anywhere now.

fellyn.5083

It didn’t help that what you were asking for was the ability to legally bot in the game.

DoM.8396

I really don’t understand why everyone feels that I don’t care about GW2 at all because theirs no heros? I still love this game, just think it would be way better if I could play more content by myself. The point here isn’t to judge me because I didn’t read more on the game. Have you ever played a game without knowing anything about it? Its amazing, if its a good game. I didn’t learn any lesson here. I’m just voicing my opinions and hoping for a respected answer. Everyone is entitled to voicing opinions but keep it on subject and not about me or how I run my life. I like going into games knowing little to nothing. Same with movies. Its who I am, really, the whole its your fault is getting so annoying. I bought this game for myself, my wife, and my younger brother. I spent 180 pre-release and I would do it again. Stick to the subject. Goodnight fellow activist

DoM.8396

It didn’t help that what you were asking for was the ability to legally bot in the game.

Atleast I ask…??? I care about mine and others gameplay. I couldnt put my account under risk of termination..So I asked while providing my reasoning…What more could I say?

fellyn.5083

Just sayin homie. There is currently huge issues with botting in GW2 if you didn’t notice and you wanted to discuss legal way to go about doing it.

It’s no wonder some of the replies are a little on the hostile side. That and the fact that you admittedly didn’t know what you were getting yourself into when you bought the game.

Posted by: Mrflushy.8342

Mrflushy.8342

ArenaNet won’t allow multibox they posted comments about it all ready. So your only choice is follow the rules layed out to you by ArenaNet. People can wish all they want but they are not allowing it for a reason.

I’m not being hostile to anyone but I can see ArenaNet’s reason for there rules.

(edited by Mrflushy.8342)

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

Yes. Those multiboxing now appear to be bots and gold farmers. Which is against the policies of the game.

Personally I actually like the style of play the game has now. I never liked the henchmen model and am very glad to see t gone. Even though you do see elements of it left in your personal stories.

The heroes and henchies had their uses in GW1. If I didn’t want to wait for hours to do some hunting, I’d take my AI friends, as my RL friends couldn’t join me halfway my excursion.

In GW2, they would add nothing. I’ve not come across an area yet where I didn’t meet any other RL person. And if I start something, nothing is forcing me to finish it. I might not get the full reward if I walk away from a DE that turns out to be over my head, but I will get a reward as long as I did pitch in.

And if my friend starts an hour after I went on excursion, well, nothing will stop him from joining me, no matter where I am (as long as he can reach the area, naturally…)

Shroom Mage.9410

I bought and played Twilight Princess knowing almost nothing about the game. It’s an enjoyable way to play. But Twilight Princess didn’t have the magic system that previous Zelda games had. Did I whine about it online? No, I didn’t even give it a second thought. In fact, I didn’t even notice until long after I had finished.

There’s a difference between playing a game without prior knowledge and playing a game with particular expectations. If you intentionally aren’t going to research something, you shouldn’t form expectations, either.

Posted by: Ice Furl.4982

Ice Furl.4982

I loved the hero system in gw1 and I loved making builds and team builds so it was very dissapointing for me when I found out that heros, secondary professions and emphasis on build making would not be in the sequal. Not a bad game though but I miss the things that made me fall in love with gw1

Posted by: HappyHubris.1096

HappyHubris.1096

I’m very glad that heroes or henchmen are not in GW2.

Having 7 other entities means that the AI is controlling 84% of your actions, and it abstracts you from the action. When I tried to get into GW1 before I loved the solo elements of the story, was less enamored with a few other guys thrown in, and absolutely despised having 7 AI minions to water down your play.

Arenanet did the right thing by having one character per human player.

Posted by: Hellkaiser.6025

Hellkaiser.6025

It’s somewhat of a shame, but you have to see the reasoning.
When you open the floodgates to multiboxing then you leave the game open to
different standards in terms of balancing etc, it’s like the butterfly flapping it’s wings in one country and making a tornado happen in another, the causality is bigger than you think.

The adverse affects to the social aspect is quite negative as well, sure if I’m on weird hours I miss having a random dungeon finder and slightly resent not being able to form a group, but I at least get some sleep lol.
If they were to allow bot/pseudo solo dungeon running, then they would be farmed a lot more and with greater ease. Less people would also WANT to run with other people, resulting in even less “legit” dungeon PUG’s

Even not considering these, and dismissing them as conjecture. They would definitely have to water down the content and remove the need to dodge or have some very very smart AI or cheesey mechanics like tons of auto evade etc on the henchmen etc.

Irony…. xD

Posted by: SneakyErvin.3056

SneakyErvin.3056

You can already solo everything in this game except dungeons.

It is afterall an MMORPG i.e MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER online roleplaying game.

What you should think about is if GW1 was really an MMO or just a single player RPG with multiplayer features. I guess A-net just really wanted to do a proper MMO, with an open world and player interaction.

Also, your LotR analogy is way off. That would be more like making Eir a male asura guardian i.e breaking the lore.

Also, a henchmen group wouldnt survive dungeons seeing how the system works. No tanks, no healers and such, you must dodge things manually.

Let Valkyries guide me to my destiny.

Posted by: Gohlar.3671

Gohlar.3671

Controlling heroes is WAY over the heads of who this game was designed for. OP, you are dealing with people who think zerging events that are nearly impossible to lose with preset characters is fun. These people are scared to death of anything resembling a real challenge.

This game set the bar really, really low and it intends to stay there. I get they want to make the game more accessible, but you aren’t alone in missing the complexities of GW1.

GW2 is Guild Wars in name only. It doesn’t even have….Guild wars lol.