All I want is ONE new dungeon

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Pray For Kosmos.5849

Pray For Kosmos.5849

For the guys that think content should be accessible to everyone, I’d argue these 2 points:

The gemstore offers mini pets and other items that cannot be collected any other way unless you buy gems or trade in for gold. This means these minipets/armors are inaccessible for the majority of folks.

Secondly, I don’t know how the Wurm is ran these days, but the first few months it was a nightmare for even skilled players to find teams/guilds because entire guilds were taking overflows, and in some cases, people in those guilds would also miss out on the Wurm because they don’t have the capability to organize more than 2 overflows. I saw people just standing around in another overflow, begging for an invite to the correct overflow. AND I MEAN TONS of people were in this zone desperate for taxis. At that time at least, this content was inaccessible to a lot of people for awhile since it took way too much coordination for the average casual.

And of course, what happened with the Wurm? People got BETTER and beat it eventually. How satisfying is that? Or should ANET of made an EASY mode where you only need to kill a single Wurm with 150 people?

I’ve reached my threshold now with this game. But I’ll still stick around hoping for the best, like someone with Stockholm syndrome, but ANET doesn’t appear to be interested in us. And really, I don’t know how much progress, if any, this thread could accomplish.

I was a big fan of GvG in the first game, and played with some top players, won HoH for almost 3 months straight, was in a few top 100 guilds, and even one bronze trim a few times, and managed to at least challenge top ranked teams (Top 20 and below) and sometimes beat them from time to time. The reason why I bring this up is because I had high hopes for this game. I realize now ANET has pretty much given up on the sPvP scene (lets be honest its just boring with an kitten game mode; we need something tactical like GvG), and now that I concede defeat, I’m starting to go back to my PvE roots but I feel the game is way too lacking for my needs, especially since everything is catered to the open world scene these days, there isn’t much skillful play going on in MOST of these events—In fact, it’s mostly brainless since you can piggyback off other players. I want to see content that takes SKILL. I’m not an ELITIST—just someone who is passionate about their favorite game, and right now, I see a big hole in this game right now. I don’t know how much longer I can hang on… (Yes. First world problems )

Colin Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”

(edited by Pray For Kosmos.5849)

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

The gemstore offers mini pets and other items that cannot be collected any other way unless you buy gems or trade in for gold. This means these minipets/armors are inaccessible for the majority of folks.

How is something available via gems inaccessible? Oh, for the people who never get any gold in game? Who are these people, exactly? Hate all you want on the gem store, but don’t use the word inaccessible, as it’s not in the least accurate.

Posted by: Pray For Kosmos.5849

Pray For Kosmos.5849

Not having gold? That’s the same thing as not having skill. Your lacking something either way.

Colin Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”

Posted by: Blackworm.2167

Blackworm.2167

Make it really challenging, have great rewards, and new prestigious armor and weapons.

In other world : create exclusive content and skins only for 2-5% of the playerbase.

No thanks. Better spent your development ressources for stuff for the other 95%.

So basically, better instead to create cash-shop skins and stuff for the other 2-5% of the playerbase that actually spends money on the game… wait, what? (percentages an exaggeration)

How is something available via gems inaccessible? Oh, for the people who never get any gold in game? Who are these people, exactly? Hate all you want on the gem store, but don’t use the word inaccessible, as it’s not in the least accurate.

I’m sure players would rather utilize skill to do something exciting, rather than waste time to do something boring.

Most of that gold is obtained by either farming the Trading Post, or—you guessed it—doing dungeons. And what would giving us new and exciting dungeons accomplish? I’ll let you put 2 and 2 together.

GW1 – Dervish / Warrior –
GW2 – Borlis Pass – Revenant & Warrior –
Steam Profile

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I’m sure players would rather utilize skill to do something exciting, rather than waste time to do something boring.

Most of that gold is obtained by either farming the Trading Post, or—you guessed it—doing dungeons. And what would giving us new and exciting dungeons accomplish? I’ll let you put 2 and 2 together.

What on earth does that have to do with his misuse of the word “inaccessible?”

Posted by: ArchieD.6972

ArchieD.6972

All I want is Anet to make every profession useful and effective in dungeons.

Found the ranger (or necro lol)

I don’t know what you’re talking about. My Ranger kicks butt in dungeons. I was pleasantly surprised to find out how much burst they can have, along with pretty good sustain.

Necro on the other hand… it might be better for him if it weren’t for the condition build I have set up for him. I have all professions maxed, and he drew the short end.

10 Level 80s | http://tinyurl.com/oj4e9hr
1900+ Hrs Played | http://tinyurl.com/ppq4ksz
No Precursor | http://tinyurl.com/njgsg3l

Posted by: Lolindir.3518

Lolindir.3518

I suppose this has been already given as a suggestion but, like in the first GW, they could just make a hard mode version of the dungeons or even the open maps we already have, of course this also means a lot more gold gained, items dropped should be only rares and from the chests we should have mostly exotics or ascended items, maybe also new titles for those who complete the new zones/dungeons. ( I’d prefer new content though, adding a new difficulty seems a bit lazy to me)

Posted by: Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

Anytime you have to say “like GW1”, you just look stupid. GW1 is still available to buy and play. People still play it, if you want something like GW1 why not just play GW1…

I want new dungeon content as much as the next guy, but seriously, get a hint.

Posted by: calyx.9086

calyx.9086

I even had special mounts only to be used in those new dungeons …

What about Open-PvP in those dungeons ? With permadeath. You never know when your friend will sudenly backstab you ..

Special reward for people who survive 100 runs : an ugly cape that clips like hell

Ooo, make it so they can’t stack and as an added bonus, can’t use melee weapons. Better yet, no traditional weapons. Environment weapons only. Let’s see who throws who under the bus so that they don’t die first.

evil chuckle

Oooh I like it, I get a 10% damage bonus for bundles on my thief

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

Anytime you have to say “like GW1”, you just look stupid. GW1 is still available to buy and play. People still play it, if you want something like GW1 why not just play GW1…

I want new dungeon content as much as the next guy, but seriously, get a hint.

GW1 will never get updated while GW2 will get more and more stuff to do, i play GW1 at times but what’s wrong with asking for some good stuff like GW1 has….
i would love to see things from GW1 to GW2, it only shows how much GW1 is superior and players want something back from that in it’s own sequel.