All we really want is actual EndGame content.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tanef.7284

Tanef.7284

Seriously, I stopped playing about 8 months ago and i am still checking every update email hoping that there will be some EndGame content released for veterans that does not involve WvW or pointless Living Stories so I can come back and play.

What is going on? what is the point of bringing new players if the old ones are leaving? =\
Besides making all my characters look kitten, I have no point of actually playing the game anymore. I have all the characters with maxed out armor, and now there is simply nothing else to do.

I think that what everyone is Really looking for is either an Expansion or/ and some actual end game content like Rides, bosses etc for veteran – non pvp – players to do.

Seriously, think about it. That’s probably the only thing that keeps WOW alive today so you can’t say that it’s not worth it or that people don’t like it.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

This game isn’t designed for people who want the “old style” end game content. I thought that was clear way before launch. This game is designed for people who don’t.

So the people who don’t like this game leave, but not all of them do. Many in my guild are playing 2 years and still enjoying the game.

And they’re not looking for more end game content, at least not the kind you seem to be talking about.

Keeping people in the game that want this game is what Anet is doing. Losing people from this game who want a completely different game is inevitable.

Posted by: Neve.7134

Neve.7134

So you already have got ascended armors and weapons on all your characters? Sounds nice eh?
If you don’t, then you don’t have all maxed armors and weapons and also, if “you don’t care about ascended things” it’s not a problem of the game.

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

This game isn’t designed for people who want the “old style” end game content. I thought that was clear way before launch. This game is designed for people who don’t.

This.

There’s only ever going to be looks, & LS, they may eventually bring in another dungeon but thats unlikely.

I do hope WvW gets some map changes, but other than that. This game’s endgame, starts at level 2.

What that means is, ..you make your own.

Posted by: Tanef.7284

Tanef.7284

What is the point of getting the fully ascended gear?
For Pve Players, besides looking beautiful and the feeling that you did it, it serves no purpose.

You will do just fine without ascended gear in the current state. maybe try harder in fracs.

In WoW for example you had to get the best gear because if you didn’t, then you couldn’t do the end game raids…
Im not saying WoW is better, It just gives you this sense of progression while right now Gw2 simply don’t.

Posted by: gobax.6185

gobax.6185

Did you even read before buying this game?

The main point of this game is that this is for casual players. No raids no hardcore end game contents.

If they placed in raids and such then it will completely go against their ideals.

Go back to other old mmos if you want hardcore grindings and raids.

This game is meant for casual players.

Neve.7134

Simply, Fractal is a very important aspect of the game and if you want to push on higher levels, a simple +stats on your armor can change everything. Maybe, I repeat, if you don’t care about Fractal, there’s no point to blame because there’s no contents. There are. Many. You can choose to Pve, gather all legendaries, organize world bosses, play in a wvw or pvp guild, get the best rank at them, finish all your achievements. There are a lot of things to do you didn’t finished yet and want something more? Maybe this is not the game for you.

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

For Pve Players, besides looking beautiful and the feeling that you did it, it serves no purpose.

You will do just fine without ascended gear in the current state. maybe try harder in fracs.

In WoW for example you had to get the best gear because if you didn’t, then you couldn’t do the end game raids…
Im not saying WoW is better, It just gives you this sense of progression while right now Gw2 simply don’t.

You’ve come to a game that says “no necessary gear grind”…and want gear grind???? o0

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Surprise surprise a WoW player wants WoW gear treadmill… wondered how long it would take for the comparison to enter the thread…
The point of getting Ascended gear is….. ….. ermm you don’t have to get it, its optional, something that is not forced on you, not needed for PvE per say and is just a choice thing you need to make for yourself.. I am really not seeing what your problem is.

Progression doesn’t have to be about best in stat gear grind, progression in GW2 is more about cosmetics, if you wanna take your gear to a slightly higher level then Ascended is the door you need to open, but there is really only one facet of the game that you absolutely need it for and only because of the A/R infusion, but that content is optional as well.. so you need to ask yourself – is GW2 the game for you or are you best jumping back on the gear treadmill and panda trains I guess.

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

The same is true for new gear that comes in expansions of some MMOs. They bring in new dungeons for that gear, but none of the content before it required or even warranted its existence. The same is true for Ascended gear: You don’t need it for anything except the highest levels of Fractals.

And let me tell you something: Dungeons which require that you meet a specific quality of gear are bad. That kind of system only works if you have other means of getting that gear. And that, in turn, either requires a chain of dungeons with progressing requirements or being able to get the gear elsewhere in a similar timeframe.

Guild Wars 2 simply is not built for a system like that. Building a system like that isn’t hard, but it’s very prone to extreme power creep. Making sure that there is no power creep while maintaining the requirement of the “better” gear means you either introduce new attributes (Agony Resistance) or you raise the level cap. Clearly, the former doesn’t work unless it’s spread across a wide array of things. The latter? Well that makes all of your “endgame” gear obsolete on a periodic schedule. And that’s a mighty easy way to kitten off your playerbase, unless they’re paying a subscription.

Neve.7134

Fact is: you’d like something to work on. There are lots of things you could work on. You don’t like them. It’s a game problem. Meeeeeehhh.

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

Imo you can be a hardcore gamer and still feel good about GW2 you can help your server be best in the world! Ascended give a bit of advantage in WvW. And LS is very real endgame content the only difference is we get it in little spurts for free rather then in one huge swing in an expansion for 49.99 (other stuff also but I won’t go through the whole list AGAIN). And I am sure (no facts just a guess) there will be an expansion in the future but atm A-Net is focusing on catching us up to the Chinese version of the game.

P.S I don’t play WoW because I don’t want to spend a year grinding for armors or trying to get to endgame. I love GW2 because no grind.

Necromancer Main

(edited by Zoso.8279)

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Prior to launch, they said “endgame starts at level 1.” The living story is basically the endgame that was promised. Rather than being like every other MMO which offers the typical options of raid or die, GW2’s endgame is the journey itself.

When it comes to expansions, I doubt one will ever be released. Anything an expansion could do could be done through the living story. The only difference an expansion offers is money and marketing. If they were truly going to offer an expansion, I would expect them to charge for the living story releases first, since it would have the same effect on the player base. An expansion would cause the player base to split, which was something they were trying to minimize coming from GW1. With GW2 revolving around an open world design, they want to maximize the numbers, not split them. Traditional MMOs get around this problem by trying to force people to buy an expansion, else they’ll be much weaker than everyone else.

Besides min/maxing, there is no point to ascended gear. It was added in response to the initial player base at launch, though they say ascended gear was always planned. Its goal was simple, to fill the gap and give players something to do, which was later replaced by the living story and the 2 week update schedule.

Zoso.8279

Prior to launch, they said “endgame starts at level 1.” The living story is basically the endgame that was promised. Rather than being like every other MMO which offers the typical options of raid or die, GW2’s endgame is the journey itself.

When it comes to expansions, I doubt one will ever be released. Anything an expansion could do could be done through the living story. The only difference an expansion offers is money and marketing. If they were truly going to offer an expansion, I would expect them to charge for the living story releases first, since it would have the same effect on the player base. An expansion would cause the player base to split, which was something they were trying to minimize coming from GW1. With GW2 revolving around an open world design, they want to maximize the numbers, not split them. Traditional MMOs get around this problem by trying to force people to buy an expansion, else they’ll be much weaker than everyone else.

Besides min/maxing, there is no point to ascended gear. It was added in response to the initial player base at launch, though they say ascended gear was always planned. Its goal was simple, to fill the gap and give players something to do, which was later replaced by the living story and the 2 week update schedule.

Yeah I was only saying expansion to introduce new continents and such but all wild speculations. I agree with most things you said so just wanted to be better understood.

Necromancer Main

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

“All we really want is actual EndGame content.”

Then you came to the wrong game. End of story.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

So the people who don’t like this game leave, but not all of them do. Many in my guild are playing 2 years and still enjoying the game.

And they’re not looking for more end game content, at least not the kind you seem to be talking about.

Keeping people in the game that want this game is what Anet is doing. Losing people from this game who want a completely different game is inevitable.

Yeah, this game definitely isn’t for people who want raids and a gear treadmill. I think a more accurate statement would be: people want more new content, of whatever sort of content they like. Be that dungeons, fractals, world bosses, open-world exploration and map completion, PvP maps and gamemodes, WvW maps, (dare I mention) GvG, SAB, whatever.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

well, you choose to play a game without endgame (or without a traditional endgame). And complain that it have no endgame…

You should read players review before you try the game.

Posted by: Thanatos.2691

Thanatos.2691

I’ve been playing for about two years now and I’d agree that there isn’t enough end-game content. Sure they may have stated that this game was meant for casual players but they also stated that they wanted to avoid a grind experience in the game and look how well they stuck to that philosophy. From the GW wiki let’s take a look at a good argument for more content:

April 28, 2005 is when GW Prophecies came out.
April 28, 2006 is when GW Factions came out.
October 27, 2006 is when GW Nightfall came out.
August 31st, 2007 is when GW EotN came out.
August 28, 2012 is when GW2 came out.

It is now August 30, 2014 and we have had hardly any new and exciting content and there is no sure sign of expansions. Guild Wars 2 has a steady player base and the developers have stated that they are always working on new content for the game.

So what is this content? We’re nearing the point at which GW2 has remained fairly unchanged in the time all of GW1 (and all of its expansions)came out. Living Story, in my opinion, is hardly new content as it has released hardly any new map content, simply reused old places and added way too much on cliche npcs written like a fan-fiction novel more than GW lore. Factions and Nightfall brought new and fresh ideas to the GW lore and LS is trying way too hard to sell itself perhaps as an attempt to get players involved.

Maybe they have been working on expansion, which would be understandable if one pairs their lack of consistent new content with their apparent constant content development. Once again in my opinion, I really do feel they should stop releasing stale content and start consistently releasing new things that people could actually agree on as legitimate new content.

It’s not so much a feeling of entitlement as it is expecting the developers to stick to their own standards of content releasing that they set long before GW2 ever came out. GW2 has been amazingly successful and it’s really sad that it’s been relatively stagnant all this time. Agree or disagree, those are my opinions on the matter. OP has some legitimate reason to be upset.

Golden shackles are still golden.

Posted by: agam.8075

agam.8075

If you want actual end-game content, you should do pvp or join wvw guild, since these game modes are the ones that push players’ abilities beyond just pressing buttons to win. The best challenges in any game come from facing other players.

Manliest guardian on™
TC Mag FA YB

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

rly – some answers here make me just /facepalm

" this game is not deigned to have endgame" – wtf? you guyz even think before write such nonsense?

it was said before release “EVERYTHING IS ENDGAME” – but probelm is we still have only same kitten we had at release and arenanet is to slow to add new dungeons or fractals or whatever.

so after 2 years its arenanets fault – people can play same things only for some amount of time before get bored and in this game it is now 2 years without any content – so ye arenanet fails here and no livingstory is ABSOLUT NO content cause only masochists watch this more than 1x and even 1x is hard

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

@Tanef:
You say that “everyone” wants endgame content.
However, you are not “everyone”, and what you want is not what “everyone” wants.

Guild Wars 2 was designed such that you can play all aspects of the game as early as possible. Attaining maximum level is not some kind of “entry pass” for the “really cool stuff”. No, all the cool stuff was already available to you, and you can keep doing that. Instead, you could go for stretch goals (such as world completion, ascended and legendary gear, PvP achievements, new cosmetic skins).
On top of that, ArenaNet continuously develops and adds to the game world. so that more things to do keep springing up. The Living World Season 2 is a good example.

However, if you want a game where the “fun parts” are only available to those players who have slogged through all the rest of the game (let’s call these the “unfun parts”), then Guild Wars 2 is not for you. Because Guild Wars 2 is not designed to have “unfun parts”.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

Why don’t you guys just go play a different games like Wow, or Wildstar that have endgame instead of complaining about a game that is widely known not to have endgame.

Isn’t it widely known GW2 dont’ have endgame or (don’t have traditional endgame)?

So if you already know GW2 dont’ have endgame, yet you still play it, and now you are complaining it dont’ have endgame…

Posted by: Lian Olsam.9541

Lian Olsam.9541

i want endgame too
fractal should be the endgame and i like the idea, but need to be more supported not only with new levels and minidungeons, but with some new idea will make it more enjoinable… i’d like to see more brain mechanism and less “invisible” oneshot mechanism.
i saw some good new on dry top bosses, i’d like to have more tactics and “specializations” from some classes, i’d like to see player split up for a bit in different path and rooms with different purpose, so we can have an deeper endgame and not the same fullzerkfastshoteverything

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

end game is what you make out of it, rush the game and you shoot your self in your foot, take it one step at a time and you have no need for the so called “end game” content.

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

The endgame is the Gem store.

Vayne.8563

rly – some answers here make me just /facepalm

" this game is not deigned to have endgame" – wtf? you guyz even think before write such nonsense?

it was said before release “EVERYTHING IS ENDGAME” – but probelm is we still have only same kitten we had at release and arenanet is to slow to add new dungeons or fractals or whatever.

so after 2 years its arenanets fault – people can play same things only for some amount of time before get bored and in this game it is now 2 years without any content – so ye arenanet fails here and no livingstory is ABSOLUT NO content cause only masochists watch this more than 1x and even 1x is hard

Some people really don’t think before posting.

For example, many of us used the words “traditional” end game for a reason. This is a build your own end game, game. If that means soloing dungeons, collecting every skin, or roaming in WvW, or SPvP tournaments, it’s all your choice. To some people end game is just making alts. And that’s okay.

But the OP is clearly asked for a very specific kind of end game. That’s why people are responding the way they are.

Zoso.8279

The maps in guild wars 2 do feel a bit bigger than their counterparts in gw1, But we are still missing so many areas that were in gw1. Rest of maguuma, Rest of eotn areas, Crystal desert, Ring of fire isles, All of Cantha, All of elona. How was the gw1 dev team able to pump out new maps/content so fast? The gw2 dev team is bigger so you would think they could bring out maps/content much faster than the gw1 team, I would love to know what they do in the office all day.

Lets remember GW1 was almost all private instances. Only part of GW1 that was “open world” was city hubs. That affects development.

Necromancer Main

Vayne.8563

The maps in guild wars 2 do feel a bit bigger than their counterparts in gw1, But we are still missing so many areas that were in gw1. Rest of maguuma, Rest of eotn areas, Crystal desert, Ring of fire isles, All of Cantha, All of elona. How was the gw1 dev team able to pump out new maps/content so fast? The gw2 dev team is bigger so you would think they could bring out maps/content much faster than the gw1 team, I would love to know what they do in the office all day.

Lets remember GW1 was almost all private instances. Only part of GW1 that was “open world” was city hubs. That affects development.

And GW 2 had more content at launch than all three games. The last two years are content fixes, because the game launched way too early.

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

This game isn’t designed to be liked by people who like raids.
This game isn’t designed to be liked by people who like dungeons.
This game is also not designed to be liked by the people who like PvP and balance.
Go figure.

Jornophelanthas.1475

Bear in mind the following:
1. Guild Wars 1 maps did not have dynamic events. Go ahead and walk around one of the Guild Wars 2 maps and try to count how many dynamic events can take place inside it. Each and every one of those needs extensive testing along every step to avoid bugs and stalling. Also, many dynamic events interact with one another.

2. Dynamic events scale up or down based on the number of players in the vicinity. This needs to be balanced out manually for every dynamic event.

3. Some dynamic events actually change the monster spawns or the terrain in the map. Guild Wars 1 did not have this (because monsters did not respawn, the terrain is mostly immutable (except missions), and there was never more than one party of up to eight players in a map (or 12 in certain elite missions).

4. Every part of every non-80 map has a level cap. Players are automatically leveled up or down depending on their exact location in the map. These lines have to be drawn in a spider web across the map.

5. Guild Wars 1 did not have a Z-axis. All maps are strictly two-dimensional (with bridges being the only exception, but bridges caused all kinds of AI pathing issues). Guild Wars 2 does have a Z-axis and does have rules for falling.

6. Guild Wars 2 was in development for over 5 years. While not all of that time could have been devoted to mapbuilding, I personally believe that for at least half that time, many more people were working on building maps than are currently available at ArenaNet to develop new content (which is not just maps).

Finally, there are certain design reasons why ArenaNet may be reluctant to add many new maps.

1. Player dispersion should not be too high, because having low population maps (“dead maps”) discourages players from ever visiting them again.

2. Player response to the first new map added after launch (Southsun Cove) was distinctly negative. The zone has been significantly redesigned 6 months later, but it will never be a crowd favorite. Dry Top is faring significantly better so far.

(Note that Southsun Cove and Dry Top feature dynamic events that are a lot simpler than those in the rest of Tyria. They hardly chain or interact. The sandstorms and the settlement invasions are the only interactions we have.)

Having said this, we do have distinct clues that more new Maguuma Wastes zones are under development. In fact, I believe that not having a new SAB installment is mostly due to ArenaNet needing their staff to develop actual game maps, rather than new SAB levels.

Posted by: Thanatos.2691

Thanatos.2691

I understand this is my own personal opinion, but I see the Living Story as a total waste of time. Sure, it adds great new challenging enemies to fight but that’s about the only long-term addition I can see in it. Characters will come and go, skins are just skins, but the improvement in enemy difficulty is a step in the right direction in terms of long-term game development.

GW2 has undoubtedly had a ton of problems, but we’ve been spending the past 2 years eating up small crumbs of content while struggling through their constant adjustments to fix broken content.

Let’s say ANet offered us cookies. They give us a ton of under-cooked cookies. We enjoyed the cookies regardless because it’s a new flavor that we were all eager to try, and we want more. Now, we’ve been waiting two years, eating up the trail of cookie crumbs on the floor of ANet’s well-established bakery, just waiting for them to deliver more cookies. This whole time we’ve been waiting for our order, the bakers have been in the back trying to figure out how to properly bake a cookie instead of giving the customers more delicious cookies.

I’ve always considered making Eternity as my final goal for GW2. I’ll be finished making it soon and then I’ll have no further goals to stay in the game. I’ll get on for a few hours occasionally to see if there are any new developments, but these last 2 years have lowered my expectations of GW2 development to the point that I really don’t have any hope for the game anymore. I was really hoping this was a game that had a direction and one I could stay in for a long time, but I’ve seen most of the friends I made on GW2 sell their accounts (which I don’t support) or simply stop playing for games like Archage Online; I don’t want to be one of those people stuck in the past, and right now it seems that GW2 has no future.

LS isn’t progressive. LS is stalling. Stagnant development.

Golden shackles are still golden.

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

See https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/New-Long-Term-Content-Proposals for some ideas in my (and later maybe others) mind

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

Posted by: AngelDiscarnate.5489

AngelDiscarnate.5489

Go back to DoA and UW on GW1.

Living Story and Cosmetics is all you’ll get here. So I, for one, would like to not hear you whine and complain.

I play Fort Aspenwood, I lead the 8 member guild, Sacred Storm [Strm] I am Jason Goes Mental.
I don’t raid, I barely fractal, and I suck beyond words at PvP and WvW.
But I try, and that’s what counts.

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Seriously, I stopped playing about 8 months ago and i am still checking every update email hoping that there will be some EndGame content released for veterans that does not involve WvW or pointless Living Stories so I can come back and play.

What is going on? what is the point of bringing new players if the old ones are leaving? =\
Besides making all my characters look kitten, I have no point of actually playing the game anymore. I have all the characters with maxed out armor, and now there is simply nothing else to do.

I think that what everyone is Really looking for is either an Expansion or/ and some actual end game content like Rides, bosses etc for veteran – non pvp – players to do.

Seriously, think about it. That’s probably the only thing that keeps WOW alive today so you can’t say that it’s not worth it or that people don’t like it.

Problem with title and statement. You say ‘everyone’, I never once said I wanted this, thus everyone doesn’t work. People need to stop trying to speak for the masses and just say what they want. If others agree, they’ll post too.

Posted by: Godzzila.3752

Godzzila.3752

I subscribe to this. Also, and because there will be always someone that is going to say so, artifical difficulty is not difficulty. Soloing Dungeons is not difficulty it’s an artificial challenge, this is not 1980 where you would sit on your couch playing Odyssey creating your own challenges.

Problem with title and statement. You say ‘everyone’, I never once said I wanted this, thus everyone doesn’t work. People need to stop trying to speak for the masses and just say what they want. If others agree, they’ll post too.

I also think that people should start reading the things right instead of coming up with random words. He said “we”, and “we” does not mean ‘everyone’, in fact the only time he referenced ‘everyone’ is when he said: “I THINK…” so, yeah.

(edited by Godzzila.3752)

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

End Game means just that END OF GAME. Personally, I want the game to continue and to evolve.

I dislike the classic end game content – RAIDS and GEAR TREAD MILL. Hence why I like this game – I get Exotic armor and I am done.

Serophous.9085

I subscribe to this. Also, and because there will be always someone that is going to say so, artifical difficulty is not difficulty. Soloing Dungeons is not difficulty it’s an artificial challenge, this is not 1980 where you would sit on your couch playing Odyssey creating your own challenges.

I also think that people should start reading the things right instead of coming up with random words. He said “we”, and “we” does not mean ‘everyone’, in fact the only time he referenced ‘everyone’ is when he said: “I THINK…” so, yeah.

So when he says ‘we’, he’s speaking for….?

Jornophelanthas.1475

Quote from the very first post in this thread (emphasis mine):

So yes, the OP is indeed claiming to speak for “everyone”. The addition of “I think” does not change that fact.

Serophous.9085

Quote from the very first post in this thread (emphasis mine):

So yes, the OP is indeed claiming to speak for “everyone”.

The ‘I think’ part is what people use as a fallback measure for when people disagree show up. In other words, he already knew saying ‘everyone’ was wrong, but held on to the tiny sliver that nothing but people agreeing with him will post, thus making him right. He could’ve said ‘what I really want’ but instead felt the need to elevate himself.

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

People really forget that the dungeons in GW1 were all cosmetic as well and had signature skins for each one.
GW2 takes those and places them in the gemstore instead of actually attempting to get them ingame.
There is little reason to log on now.
Full Asc Warrior(little reason to play anything else) with Legendary wep. Teq and Aetherblade are really the only 2 things that I tend to log in for. I have a precursor and 2/3 of the mats for another leg and I just don’t really care if I complete it or not.
GW2 needs an expansion very soon or I fear that many will just start giving up, like I am

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Posted by: Charleston Chew.1209

Charleston Chew.1209

Dear OP,

When you say “what we want” you really mean “what I want”. There is plenty of people (myself included) who enjoy the game greatly in it’s current state. You want endgame and you play casual mmo? You know that old robot saying?

Does not compute.

Kill me again or take me as I am,
for I shall not change.

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

I don’t want end game contents. I want this game to still thrive and develop and updated for years to come. What I want is constant updates to such contents that includes new/improved features rather than one measly 2 hour story per 2 weeks that requires no effort other than skipping cutscenes.

Tour

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

Dear OP,

When you say “what we want” you really mean “what I want”. There is plenty of people (myself included) who enjoy the game greatly in it’s current state. You want endgame and you play casual mmo? You know that old robot saying?

Does not compute.

People need to understand that endgame doesn’t have to be a gear grind like WoW, but rather a cosmetic and aesthetic reward. GW1 did this very well and had engaging end game, elite level dungeons.
Even casuals get bored hitting the Shatterer’s toes for 2 blues and a green after 2 years….

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

I just grow so tired of the “we” want…

Why is it such a problem to say “I want this”? Why do people feel the need to couch their opinion in some perceived group think?

Posted by: Charleston Chew.1209

Charleston Chew.1209

Because when you say “I want” it immediately sounds a bit infantile and invokes a image of a toddler smashing fists into ground crying he wants another ice cream.

However, exchange it for “We want” and suddenly you evoke this feeling of unanimous force standing behind you fully supporting your however futile cause.

There is power in words.

Kill me again or take me as I am,
for I shall not change.

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

Well, I suppose the answer to that is to say “I want [x], and let me present in a logical, reasoned manner why I think so…”

Okay, yeah. I get it now.

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

To everyone holding out or hoping for hard-mode: Stop. They said they weren’t, and they aren’t. They said it last year, and they said it this year.

If you mention anything like “harder content”, you get assaulted by players who equate it with WoW. Guild Wars 1 had harder content that did not introduce a gear grind. Liadri was also an example of it – although it was solo content, not group. But hey, keep those straw-man arguments a-coming! It is simply disgraceful that this MMO has (almost) nothing to offer players in PvE who have learned how to play the game and still seek challenge.

Posted by: Allelya.6830

Allelya.6830

I’ve been playing for about two years now and I’d agree that there isn’t enough end-game content. Sure they may have stated that this game was meant for casual players but they also stated that they wanted to avoid a grind experience in the game and look how well they stuck to that philosophy. From the GW wiki let’s take a look at a good argument for more content:

April 28, 2005 is when GW Prophecies came out.
April 28, 2006 is when GW Factions came out.
October 27, 2006 is when GW Nightfall came out.
August 31st, 2007 is when GW EotN came out.
August 28, 2012 is when GW2 came out.

It is now August 30, 2014 and we have had hardly any new and exciting content and there is no sure sign of expansions. Guild Wars 2 has a steady player base and the developers have stated that they are always working on new content for the game.

So what is this content? We’re nearing the point at which GW2 has remained fairly unchanged in the time all of GW1 (and all of its expansions)came out. Living Story, in my opinion, is hardly new content as it has released hardly any new map content, simply reused old places and added way too much on cliche npcs written like a fan-fiction novel more than GW lore. Factions and Nightfall brought new and fresh ideas to the GW lore and LS is trying way too hard to sell itself perhaps as an attempt to get players involved.

Maybe they have been working on expansion, which would be understandable if one pairs their lack of consistent new content with their apparent constant content development. Once again in my opinion, I really do feel they should stop releasing stale content and start consistently releasing new things that people could actually agree on as legitimate new content.

It’s not so much a feeling of entitlement as it is expecting the developers to stick to their own standards of content releasing that they set long before GW2 ever came out. GW2 has been amazingly successful and it’s really sad that it’s been relatively stagnant all this time. Agree or disagree, those are my opinions on the matter. OP has some legitimate reason to be upset.

This.

If there’s no need for “end game content” and there’s no progression technically… what does the casual player do with this MMO once he has done everything? This isn’t a single-player, conquerable type game. It’s an MMO, meant to go on and on. The current Living Story is lame and tasteless and I’m not the only one who feels this way. When ANet says they listen to the players, I wish they’d not just listen to the fanboys.

Delvien – d/d Elementalist – Gates of Madness

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

OP, I feel sorry for you posting here, you never had a chance, there are 2 types of people on these forums, the ones who agree with you and, those who do not, sadly on here its the ones who do not who are heard and will shout loud enough or spam hard enough to have this topic locked,

The game doesn’t have an end game at all, if you go looking for it you will be disappointed, some argued that Cursed Shore zone was end game, and Anet’s nerf team hit it with the nerf bat several times over to make sure the zone was a ghost town.

The LS really isn’t going anywhere, you log in do the story in an hour then log out, they try to add some time gated rubbish to it that forces you to log in if you want it, nearly everyone that started GW2 with me on launch is now gone, some to other games, some back to older games,

I totally understand this is now a 100% causal game, or for those willing to drop $$$$$ on gems to buy everything, everything is designed for those who play for an hour maybe 2 a day then log off, and that’s fine, as when the game im waiting for comes out, I just wont log back in either, the game is stagnant, those who don’t agree just expect less from the game I guess.

This game was always going to have to be massive in order to compare to GW1 in terms of content and story, so far it has not delivered, it does have outstanding graphics to which ive yet to see rivalled in another game, but they only go for so long.

As for the comment someone made about no raids etc, if they didn’t want raids in the game why make the Wurm and to a lesser extent teq the way they did, where its practically takes a map zerg on TS in order to beat it, ( more wurm than teq )

For those who are opposed to the OP’s post that is your right, and im glad you enjoy the game for what it is, and don’t have massive expectations, for the rest of us we can keep hoping.

Posted by: sanedude.9450

sanedude.9450

Sales would boom if there were a cantha expansion