Am I the luckiest Gw2 player ?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zortaxx.6123

Zortaxx.6123

Yesturday I was forging greatswords in the MF and then i got Dawn the Sunrise’s precursor. I was lucky , I only spend 10g to get it. Today , my dawn was sold , and for fun i just bought for 15g of greatswords and i got Dusk …

I’m comming for you Twilight !

Dawn : http://imgur.com/DzJ0Z2B (over the map)
Dusk : http://imgur.com/tSCbLkA

Posted by: Trixie.7614

Trixie.7614

Got Dawn from random drop. Then got Dawn again from 25 gold worth of rare greatswords.

Glorious Human Master Race

Posted by: jweez.7214

jweez.7214

Yes, you are a very lucky guy.

Posted by: Samuli.7852

Samuli.7852

Congratulations! I have to admit, I am a bit (who am I kidding, a lot) jelly.

Posted by: ElrohirMorgolo.1203

ElrohirMorgolo.1203

Got Dusk myself from a drop during the Penitent/Shelter event on my thief back in Jan.
I’m kind of slow at getting Twilight though, still haven’t made much effort towards it.

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

I hear this a lot. It almost looks like there RNG system can be very good for your account or it can be really bad or just normal.

How knows, maybe it’s based on you gem purchases or how positive you are on the forum.

Posted by: jayb.1329

jayb.1329

I ran a dungeon with a guy that had 5 legendaries…he said precursors just dropped for him in wvwvw
several other people with multiple legendaries had similar stories

it seems to me like anet blesses random accounts

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

My luck is better. Almost 6000 hours of play time of grinding no precursors drop or MF ever. But I made over 40 Legendaries including helping my friends to make their legendary.

R.I.P Kumu <3

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

My luck is better. Almost 6000 hours of play time of grinding no precursors drop or MF ever. But I made over 40 Legendaries including helping my friends to make their legendary.

Stroke more. Thats 250 days playing time in just over a year.

So how do you pay your bills?

Thought the same thing. 6,000 hours… woah. I have 1,400 and I had +3 months holiday.

Oh and, not a single precursor drop here. Some friends of me got 3 in a row. Bleh

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

(edited by Sirendor.1394)

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

I saw Ostrich Eggs get 5 precursers during 1 streaming session (and throw the 800 gold he made from that straight back in to the mystic toilet). So there are others with a lot of luck.

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

you’re unlucky. You now have a long and hard road of collecting all the mats needed. With the karma nerf obsid shards will feel like they take forever to amass. All up if you wanna buy most of the materials needed..you’re looking at about 475ish gold to complete it to twilight. That does include the 20g needed for recipes of the gold required to max craft armoursmithing/weaponsmithing..so you can add another 130 gold on top. Good luck.

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

If number of gems purchased influenced precursor drops i would have several by now….instead i have never seen one.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: ATMAvatar.5749

ATMAvatar.5749

With the karma nerf obsid shards will feel like they take forever to amass.

You do know that you can get obsidian shards by other means than just karma, right? I highly suggest you look at the Obsidian Shard wiki page

Posted by: MMOJumper.8504

MMOJumper.8504

If number of gems purchased influenced precursor drops i would have several by now….instead i have never seen one.

You and me both.

3k hours with not a single precursor drop. The most valuable thing i’ve gotten is Abyss dye. Once.

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

You and me both.

3k hours with not a single precursor drop. The most valuable thing i’ve gotten is Abyss dye. Once.

Wait…you got an abyss? kitten that’s pretty lucky in my book :P I feel like the luckiest person in the world when I can just get an exotic to drop!

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

Sirendor.1394

Anet’s reward calculator is a lottery. Nobody wins.

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

I got one precursor in my history of playing GW2, and then it was totally by accident. I was opening gearboxes and not paying attention until one of the items I was salvaging popped one of those warnings (thank you ANet!!) I looked at it before I salvaged and it was the Energizer. Sold it…I have no reason to keep it. Not looking to get a legendary.

Cheers!

Level 80 Elementalist

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

This is proof that RNG works!

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

It’s a broken RNG—simple as that, and I will never be convinced otherwise. Either they can’t find the flaw, or can’t be bothered to find it. (imho).

Posted by: skyshock.3679

skyshock.3679

@OP

Yeah, you are one of the very lucky players in gw2. Me personally in a year of playing I have not gotten one prec (dungeons, daily runs on world bosses, farming etc.). Just flushed another 300g down MF trying to get my precursor with no result. As much as I’m not happy with wasting tons of gold and time trying to obtain a pre (buying one isnt an option), congrats on your luck. And I hope Anet is reading the forums about how RNG punished some of the players …

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

You are wrong NCSoft wins.

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

Yet some of us only get rares in events that at minimum guarantee a rare.

Posted by: Balkanwarrior.5132

Balkanwarrior.5132

Sell Dusk and keep forging. What’s wrong, scared?

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

Here is my char w/ over 6000+ hours of play time

Attachments:

R.I.P Kumu <3

Posted by: SeNoZinD.9874

SeNoZinD.9874

Thats actually kinda sad. But quite the achievement, you are now the person with the highest amount of time played I’ve seen yet. Last person was 3000 hours or so. You doubled that.

Well to OP, you are definitely lucky, however I remember a forum post about a person getting 7 precursors in 3 hours. I’m also lucky myself, getting 3 precursors will all a maximum of 10 or so tries.

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

Yesturday I was forging greatswords in the MF and then i got Dawn the Sunrise’s precursor. I was lucky , I only spend 10g to get it. Today , my dawn was sold , and for fun i just bought for 15g of greatswords and i got Dusk …

thats nice

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

Well, I don’t know if it was luck or not, but I’ve pulled 7 precurors in since Feb ’13 to mid Oct ’13 from the forge. Usually have 1-2 exotics drop a day (1-5 hours of play depending).

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

Posted by: Dromar.1027

Dromar.1027

Another reason why RNG is stupid. The MF is basically a slot machine.

Cmon Anet why wont you give players the chance to earn a Legendary that doesnt involve cash or gold.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

If it were based on gem purchases and being positive, I imagine I’d have all the precursors ever …. I have been very profligate with my gems. Then again I don’t Forge. And until the MF change I didn’t MF.

I had a guildie get the Moot’s precursor from a spider in AC. A little tiny trash spider that most people skip in the Traps path — but our group wasn’t speed clearing, we killed them because why not, and boom, precursor. Me, I’ve just had some lucky dye drops so long as I opened the dyes with lower level characters. My main seldom gets anything out of RNG.

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

Yep I am the opposite side of the spectrum (like many others). Hard work, only a slight few exotics to show for it.

Though I did forge an Energizer way way back. Sold for like 6g at the time.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

Hundreds of bows crafted and forged back in the days. Had no luck so had to buy the precursor at 500g. I’m glad you were lucky though OP, sounds awesome.

Posted by: slurpey.6014

slurpey.6014

Let’s all gather in LA and watch players run to the mystic forge. It will be a blast

Posted by: ImProVocateur.5189

ImProVocateur.5189

The two extremes for this topic gives the comparison of certainty versus uncertainty, surety versus the unknown, a constant value versus a random value.

A constant is easy to implement, x = 2. Randomness is not easy to implement. In fact, the fringe of computational theory is about implementing randomness.

We cannot tell how random the GW2 precursor drop system is without knowing their randomness algorithm. One longstanding test for human equivalent Artificial Intelligence is that the perceiver is sufficiently fooled by any means. We can apply that to RNG in GW2. Are we being sufficiently fooled, or do we notice the controlling factors that makes it artificial?

If you want a constant, then that is another thing. You want a sure thing.

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

That’s why I do Fractals. Fractal weapons are like weapons in GW1. The only way you can get them is from a drop. I don’t mind RNG when it’s getting stuff you are playing. I hate RNG when it has to do with the Forge or the BLTC gem shop.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

meanwhile i 1250+ rifles later still havent gotten my precursor

Posted by: ImProVocateur.5189

ImProVocateur.5189

^ positive thinker
Next stop 1300 rifles. Don’t stop believing.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Sometimes I think these threads are planted by Anet to get people to throw more money into the toilet, because honestly after I read these threads suddenly my vigor for gambling is restored and I blow another 50g in the toilet and get nothing.

If these guys got precursors, maybe I can too!

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: EvilSardine.9635

EvilSardine.9635

My buddy dropped greatswords into the forge and got Dusk. He was excited and told me about it. Then he said might as well drop these last few in that I got. He then got Dawn with those last few. He then got a precursor from the Karka queen event as well.

I was a little lucky as well. I tried dumping greatswords into the forge for the first time and on my 3rd combine I got Dusk.

Sirendor.1394

Wish I had your luck. kitten . Right now I have to farm all the time just so I can gear up characters I have and level new ones. Bleh.

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

Dude… That’s 10.34 hours a day. Non-stop since release…

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

I know some people that hopes your toon falls off a cliff and decapitates himself with that GS.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

Not that unreasonable if you account for AFK time.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

Posted by: Exosferatu.2961

Exosferatu.2961

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

But the game boots you after 15 minutes of inactivity, unless it’s still counting even though you’re on character selection screen?

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

But the game boots you after 15 minutes of inactivity, unless it’s still counting even though you’re on character selection screen?

I think the timer might still run if you get AFK booted but don’t select “OK” on the inactivity message that pops up. I know that sometimes I go AFK for an entire day and when I get back on everyone thinks I was pulling an all nighter because on guild list it still shows me as logged in plus my location (compared to just your name when you are on character screen). Once I confirm that inactivity message, it updates me as logged out to character select.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

I gave up the idea of ever having a legendary months ago. When people are getting multiples and long time players don’t get jack, it was time to just not be concerned with them. I’ll just enjoy how the skins look on other players.

SBI