Amazing Job Anet

Amazing Job Anet

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

Yes. I think it’s probably the best patch they’ve released. I’m super excited.

Amazing Job Anet

Einlanzer.1627

Now if only they’d patch that stupid forum bug.

Amazing Job Anet

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Colored me impressed also. I may not care about every single change, but I can see that typing up the patch notes must have been time consuming and effort intensive — never mind actually doing all the work to make what they refer to happen.

Now we know what all those devs have been doing for the last few months. Kudos and thanks for your dedication.

Amazing Job Anet

Posted by: superherofan.8042

superherofan.8042

Yes, the QOL improvements are outstanding with lots of neat stuff. I’m glad they did this to get certain things back “on track”. I also appreciate the free stuff we got (shared account and level 80 booster).

Amazing Job Anet

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

I’m very happy so far. Hopefully, it will draw back some of the population and then some.

Gone to Reddit.

Amazing Job Anet

Posted by: foxcat.4096

foxcat.4096

I was fairly happy with the game pre patch but the patch really blew my away so much unexpected good stuff ! I really really prefer this approach of just deliver good kitten rather than talk about stuff before hand then building up hype and end up failing to deliver some things.

Amazing Job Anet

Posted by: shaquinna.2869

shaquinna.2869

I haven’t had this feeling in a while…. I .. I want to go home from work and play GW2 …

Evanny
[EU] Piken Square
Representing: ‘The Only One’ [One]

Amazing Job Anet

Posted by: SimBilly.8047

SimBilly.8047

Awesome patch Anet! Thank you very much, mainly for giving us old fireball back!

…And maybe while on it, please do RESTORE ALL THE OTHER SPELLS!!!!

+1 I’d love to have our old Gandalfian Ele Auras back apart from that I’m really happy with the patch so far. Thank you, Anet

Amazing Job Anet

Posted by: Abdel Muhti.6431

Abdel Muhti.6431

the patch really blew my away

yes. me too. it blew me away out of the game many times yesterday. i had 5 mins fun with the new legendary shortbow journey that was announced like " the team outdid themselves". most of the tasks have been broken at arrival. so the amazing startup feeling… following some tigerfootprints… is gone now.. who knows for how many days it will take to fix it.

yes… never play on a patch day… beware the next day too… oh man just let them have a couple of weeks to fix everything.

zzzZzzzZZzzZzzzzz blown away

Attachments:

(edited by Abdel Muhti.6431)

Amazing Job Anet

Posted by: StanleyJohny.8047

StanleyJohny.8047

Good stuff that they are working on fixing a lot of small things.
WvW autloot fix – small fix but needed sooo much.
Dungeon rewards – great and the way they did it? Really cool!
TON OF small fixes to HoT maps – Farm time bois!
LFG rework – Thanks god no need to refresh every few seconds.
Also a lot of PvP and Fractal changes but since im not playing that game modes now i didnt read that.

I actually like the idea of adding a huge patch where they give us insane ammount of small fixes spread all around all game modes instead of focusing on one big project.

Amazing Job Anet

Posted by: Revolutionen.5693

Revolutionen.5693

I’ve taken a break from GW2 aswell but this makes me wanna start playing again! I’ll log on tonight and try the new stuff, and I’m VERY happy about the buff to dungeons, this means a lot to me!!

Amazing Job Anet

Posted by: Bomber.3872

Bomber.3872

Y, this patch is by far the best thing that happend to gw2 since end of LS2 (and yes HoT release was —-- against this patch).

IGN: Euer Verderben
[RUC] Riverside United Corps! For Riverside!

Amazing Job Anet

Posted by: Squee.7829

Squee.7829

This is the first patch I’ve seen in a while that had an overall positive reaction. I hope it continues to move in this direction.

Leader and sole member of the “Bring Penguins to Tyria” movement.

Amazing Job Anet

Posted by: flarezi.9381

flarezi.9381

I was about to lose hope if this were to be disaster but now – Soo many good changes what was hoped by community on Class Balance PvP, WvW, skill effects, HoT-maps, new armors, mini pocket raptor, free 1 shared inventory slot – also new test area is awesome. I even like new legendary.

Amazing Job Anet

Posted by: ViperClaw.1590

ViperClaw.1590

Elite Specs are still OP as f§%$. So. The most gamebreaking thing is still in game. Still the unchanged power creep.

Nice job!

(edited by ViperClaw.1590)

Amazing Job Anet

Posted by: Cyanon.1928

Cyanon.1928

Just wanted to congratulate ANET for releasing the closest thing to a great patch they have ever released.

Excellent job on WvW, PvE and PvP (except for not nerfing chronomancer).

I’m glad to finally see things going in the current direction. Thumbs up for ANET.

Oh and make sure to take a look at my Skyhammer Feedback post in pvp forums!

Amazing Job Anet

Posted by: Shinzan.2908

Shinzan.2908

Yup they are definitely on the right track now, toning down some of HoT while increasing rewards, and better accessibility of content overall was the needed move here. I also love the boost to 80, with the changes to leveling from the “new player experience” I couldn’t bother leveling another char and now I don’t have to, I expect I’ll actually jump back into the game this weekend and play some HoT.

If they keep taking things back to a casual friendly experience like this I’ll be sticking around, so GJ anet.

Amazing Job Anet

Posted by: kurfu.5623

kurfu.5623

Agreed.

Anet has earned back a ton of my trust and respect with this monster patch!

Amazing Job Anet

Posted by: AndyJo.8794

AndyJo.8794

Guys, the amount of grief being given out over things actively costing less is kind of insane. This patch is amazing over-all, seriously. It:

- Made HoT more accessible to New AND Old users
- Greatly Increased player freedom via new reward system
- Made WvW Relevant to non-hardcore WvW’ers again
- Gave Regular WvW Players something to work towards
- Took a hammer to “Taxi Wars 2” with some meta changes
- Split the old grind-core of HoT into a fraction of what it was
- Made vendors and Hero Points more accessible at any time
- Made Mastery Points easier to acquire via Adventure tweaks
- Made Scribing not only affordable, but SUPER affordable.
- Made Dailies relevant again
- Made FOTM relevant again
- Made Dungeons relevant again
- Gave everyone old and new a thank-you gift

Like, that list is amazing. Outright incredible for a single patch. I came to the forums to see what people thought of all the new changes because it honestly feels like logging into HoT for the first time again after a patch like this, but all I find is people complaining, and about what?

- Getting a free thing that gives gear because they already had to make gear
- Scribing being cheaper because they already made things
- HoT being easier because they already did stuff while it was harder
- Getting a free inventory slot because they ’don’t like how its on top’

For real guys? This? This is what we’re doing? We should be applauding Anet for making HoT the game it always had the potential to be, but we’re griping over free stuff? Let me run a few things down:

- The free gear is terrible. Soldier stats are Terrible. Even if it wasnt terrible, Exotic equipment is not expensive nor hard to get. I have a level 80 of every class except Engi. Most of those classes are already wearing ascended gear. I used my level 80 boost on my newly made Engi, and then went and made different gear anyway because Soldier stats are terrible. There is no reason to complain about this.

- I spent 6,000 gold to level scribing when it first came out, in a non WvW guild, grinding level gaps out with backpacks, refinement, and whatever I could find that didnt require Balloons or Mortar. Once I hit 400, I immediately dropped another 400 gold EACH on 6 God statues because I thought they were cool. After that I spent 600 gold to make an Elaborate Wall Panel because I wanted to see what it looked like. Then 1,500 gold on 3 Library Shelves, 300 on a grandfather clock, 200 on some chairs, 700 on a banquet table, and some change on a few candle rows because I wanted to decorate an area as a study. Nobody gave me mats to help, nobody sent me sand or slivers or pigments, I did it entirely out of pocket because I thought it was cool and I wanted to do it. I knew it’d be cheaper eventually. I knew it’d be cheaper in two weeks when the prices dropped and cheaper still a month after that when they dropped even more. I don’t want nor expect anything back from Anet, because I spent gold on the TP to make things I thought were cool. You did too. Just enjoy that scribing is now literally ten times cheaper than it once was, yeah?

The last two points I just dont understand how anyone can even complain, and have decided that its probably just LOOKING for something to whine about. Maybe dont do that. Enjoy that things are easier now. Enjoy your more casually minded friends coming back to the game. Enjoy that you only need 1 Salvage-o-matic for your ENTIRE ACCOUNT now. Just enjoy the wondrous new state of the game; things are probably the best they’ve been since LS1.

To the Devs: Amazing job, really top notch stuff. Dont let the hate get you down for this one. This was an amazing patch that gave new life to areas of the game I had long ago abandoned out of disinterest. This was a really really outstanding effort by everyone involved, and you should all be proud of the work you accomplished on this. Now please make white mantle outfits <3

Amazing Job Anet

Posted by: curtegg.5216

curtegg.5216

I’ll add my list of kudos for this patch:
1) The new AOE reticles are so much better than anything I’ve seen in any game. The color coding and centered icon allow me to see more condi(s) and target them easier. Great job Anet.
2) The fractal drop down and pop is so much more informative and eliminates the outside lookup.
a) Like the new cliffside and having the hammer icon over your head is so much more intuitive. (little suggestion – can you add the counter as part of the icon).
3) Love the change in HoT of downgrading the champs into vets (now I don’t have to wait for people and can solo them).
4) Like the LFG changes (and subdivision of the type of grouping in the main objectives)
5) Love the boost to nodes giving ley-line sparks (averaging 3 per node over less than 1 per node is a big help). Hope you think about upping the auric sand drop as well for fulgurite crafting.

My only complaint still stands about the mini-games having too much involvement with mastery points. I still feel regular MMO content should play a bigger role in getting mastery points.

But I do like what you did overall with this patch.

Amazing Job Anet

Posted by: Lobo Dela Noche.5127

Lobo Dela Noche.5127

This patch is looking good so far. I hate your economist and your management a little bit less now. The last few years you have put a fear in me though and I can’t help but wonder where stealth nerfs are going to be. But I have not found them yet. This patch actually feels like you are listening to the players or at least that you are trying to listen to them. Just about every change I like.

Thank you

Amazing Job Anet

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I almost feel like I’m on a different forum. lol

kitten ed good patch. The ability to buy stuff in quantity from merchants is great, the changes to HoT were well thought out without nerfing everything to the ground, and the free shared slot is awesome.

Jolly good show, Anet.

Amazing Job Anet

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

I almost feel like I’m on a different forum. lol

I could try to hurl some abuse at you and complain about game stuff if it would make you feel better.

But the truth is, I’m pretty happy with most of the stuff so my heart would not be in it.

Amazing Job Anet

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

OP, I agree with you…
But lets face it… This is the internet. If it can be complained about through any remote, illogical stretch of any sort of fallacy or perceived personal affront… it will be complained about.

I’ve said this before, and it’s still valid…
Anet could give us a free add-on for Guild Wars 2 that spits out real money, and some people would scream bloody murder about how it doesn’t do it in numerical order based on serial numbers…

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’

(edited by ShinjoNaomi.1896)

Amazing Job Anet

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

If all you see is people complaining then you are choosing to look for it and are choosing to ignore the positive posts. Gotta ask, why are you so negative?

Amazing Job Anet

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

Yes, the update was amazing. Work isn’t done yet, though. They need to fix a bunch of bugs.

Amazing Job Anet

Posted by: SyllyReth.2495

SyllyReth.2495

Absolutely love this patch. The changes made were things that had been bugging me for a while and they showed that they actually are listening to some of our complaints. I’m still a little skeptical about future releases, but this is a great first step in the right direction.

Good job, ANet!

Unbridled Dynasty [UND]

Amazing Job Anet

Posted by: Dashingsteel.3410

Dashingsteel.3410

Soldier’s stats are terrible??? Well, maybe a full set…. I like to go half soldier’s and half assassin’s stats on my power based characters….. I seem to get good results….. To me soldier’s stats are great as a complimentary stat

Amazing Job Anet

Posted by: Dashingsteel.3410

Dashingsteel.3410

I have been very critical of Anet since the release of Hot but I must say that they did good with this patch.

Amazing Job Anet

Einlanzer.1627

The grief was legitimate, but this was a great patch, so you’re naturally seeing some of the negativity subside.

Amazing Job Anet

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

The day no one complains about the game is the day the game is dead. Because no one enjoys everything about a game. People who complain constructively, like most I’ve seen on the forums recently, care about the game.

People who don’t care just leave and don’t say anything.

Amazing Job Anet

Posted by: Etienne.3049

Etienne.3049

Yeah, I have to agree here. While I haven’t played all changed content yet, what I played so far (WvW and fractals mainly) was changed for the better.

Amazing Job Anet

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

The icing on top of this update would have been them officially announcing they are working on Tengu as a playable race.

They don’t have to give us teasers or a due date, just a word.

Amazing Job Anet

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

Yes, this update is a step in the right direction.

1. I like the revamped rewards for the world maps and dungeons.

2. I ESPECIALLY like the new reward track for WvW. WvW was suffering with the new maps and lack of attention, but you devs came through for us. Good job. I haven’t tried the beta yet, though. I look forward for the old borderlands.

3. I like the revamped pvp maps. Skyhammer is MUCH more enjoyable now. The Skyhammer itself acts like an unofficial 4th point now. Foefire’s lord fix is a good idea as well.

Amazing Job Anet

Posted by: UnitedChaos.8364

UnitedChaos.8364

Agreed. There are some things that were missed, but across the board, nice work. Hopefully, the next patch is just as fulfilling.

Add “United Chi” to your friends list or guild!