Amazon.com Recent User Feedback

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

I don’t get that it’s contaminated because the papaya is still there. The orange is also present now, but you can skip every tiny ounce of the orange. It’s content need never be a part of your experience unless you let it. You can stand there and scowl at the orange and enjoy the same papaya you had before. Your choice.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

Posted by: Celesica.5790

Celesica.5790

People I think would check the “Newest first” section since they would wonder, “How is the game doing now after it has launched?”, but the newest ones are mostly negative reviews. I don’t want this game that I really love, which has a really positive start, end up like this in just 3 months. :<

Kumu Honua.2751

Before I get back to actually playing the game and having fun, I just gotta say, this whole siutation reminds me of something I read, and saved, about a certain image board.

“Ok, Gonna explain something about /tg/ to you all, and nerds in general.

Nerds are some of the most opinionated people on the planet. Why? Because most of them have a head for trivia, and recall many disparate facts about several different topics. They always seem to know something about everything.

Herein lies the problem. This makes them think they know more than they do. How do I know this? I catch myself doing it too. I catch my friends doing it. It’s rampant on this board.

Why is this relevant? Well it means that nerds become very opinionated due to always correcting people that know less than they do. The issue is that then they run into people that know more than they do, and look kitten because most of them are used to being the ‘font’ of all rightness, and it butthurts them to no end that they are being shown up. Brains are supposed to be their forte, after all.

What this leads to is a bunch of howler monkeys wearing glasses sharing a board with one another, all used to being right all the time, and all used to being the smartest guy in the room (in their own mind, anyway). Clash is inevitable. And thus, we have /tg/, where we bicker and hate and can’t stop because we’re wired to be right. We’re wired to be Alpha Nerd.

Therefore, we can’t agree on anything, ever, as a whole. So we’ll never be able to self-moderate into an acceptable compromise, because each kitten here, myself included, thinks this is ‘my /tg/’. So we have to have our hands held by the mods/janitors.

And that’s /tg/ in a nutshell."

Don’t forget the neckbeard. MINE IS BUSHIER THAN YOURS!

Posted by: dalendria.3762

dalendria.3762

You know, having such an anger-attack over gear that is only slightly better than what’s already out makes little sense. The game already has a gear treadmill, now it just also has an endgame.

The most confusing part of all of this complaining has been the idea that if you don’t get to have exactly what you want, you’re going to go onto review sites and try to ruin the game so that no one else has any fun either. You complain about the psychology of selfishness that gear gating represents, but then you choose to break away from the community you purport to defend and try and ruin it for everyone.

I don’t know what’s more difficult to understand – behaving this way over a few optional added features that are a miniscule difference in comparison to what’s already in the game, or making threads about how you’re going to “review bomb” the game and assuming no one’s going to point out to these sites that this is going on.

I don’t plan to post on retailer sites because I bought directly from Arenanet. Reason I am posting my displeasure here.

However, I think it is good that people are telling other customers about the change. There is so much pre-patch marketing out there about “no gear stat progression.” Potential customers need to know that they have abandoned that. If they still want to buy it, then good. If not, then good. It saves people from buying a game and finding out it is not what they thought.

On the otherhand, I bought this game and for the most part, it was what I thought it would be until 11/16. Now, they have shown me that I am not a “dedicated player,” a valued customer. The product has changed and no longer supports the approach I like. But they got my box sales and gem shop money.

How would you feel if the product you love is radically changed after purchase?

Can you feel it? HOT HOT HOT

Posted by: NaughtyProwler.8653

NaughtyProwler.8653

Lots of (imo) fairly accurate things.

Now for the real important thing. Falafel or hummus?

NaughtyProwler.8653

I don’t get that it’s contaminated because the papaya is still there. The orange is also present now, but you can skip every tiny ounce of the orange. It’s content need never be a part of your experience unless you let it. You can stand there and scowl at the orange and enjoy the same papaya you had before. Your choice.

That orange is alive though. It’s so alive that it is smashing the living bejeebus out of my papaya like nobody’s business. I can’t even recognize that papaya anymore. It’s there, but practically gone. It’s hollow, its empty. Barely any other friendly papayas around either. Such a shame.

Posted by: Satya.1543

Satya.1543

Both. Never had either, I’ll try ’em.

Posted by: Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Arshay Duskbrow.1306

They’ve said they’re just adding a step between Exotic and Legendary, and I’d like to wager the armor progression will eventually be Common, Fine, Masterwork, Rare, Exotic, Ascended, and Legendary for both armor and weapons. The statement I linked explicitly says that they will not be adding any more item rarity tiers after these.

There’s no reason to believe them. It’s a PR whitewash of the fact that they’ve already broken their word. Even if they don’t introduce more tiers of gear, they’ve already said they will be adding steadily better tiers of infusions, which amounts to the same thing.

Posted by: Satya.1543

Satya.1543

Before I get back to actually playing the game and having fun, I just gotta say, this whole siutation reminds me of something I read, and saved, about a certain image board.

“Ok, Gonna explain something about /tg/ to you all, and nerds in general.

Nerds are some of the most opinionated people on the planet. Why? Because most of them have a head for trivia, and recall many disparate facts about several different topics. They always seem to know something about everything.

Herein lies the problem. This makes them think they know more than they do. How do I know this? I catch myself doing it too. I catch my friends doing it. It’s rampant on this board.

Why is this relevant? Well it means that nerds become very opinionated due to always correcting people that know less than they do. The issue is that then they run into people that know more than they do, and look kitten because most of them are used to being the ‘font’ of all rightness, and it butthurts them to no end that they are being shown up. Brains are supposed to be their forte, after all.

What this leads to is a bunch of howler monkeys wearing glasses sharing a board with one another, all used to being right all the time, and all used to being the smartest guy in the room (in their own mind, anyway). Clash is inevitable. And thus, we have /tg/, where we bicker and hate and can’t stop because we’re wired to be right. We’re wired to be Alpha Nerd.

Therefore, we can’t agree on anything, ever, as a whole. So we’ll never be able to self-moderate into an acceptable compromise, because each kitten here, myself included, thinks this is ‘my /tg/’. So we have to have our hands held by the mods/janitors.

And that’s /tg/ in a nutshell."

Don’t forget the neckbeard. MINE IS BUSHIER THAN YOURS!

We’re nerds, the neckbeard is a given.

Posted by: StormGryffen.7638

StormGryffen.7638

I don’t plan to post on retailer sites because I bought directly from Arenanet. Reason I am posting my displeasure here.

However, I think it is good that people are telling other customers about the change. There is so much pre-patch marketing out there about “no gear stat progression.” Potential customers need to know that they have abandoned that. If they still want to buy it, then good. If not, then they good. It saves them from buying a game and finding out it is not what they thought.

On the otherhand, I bought this game and for the most part, it was what I thought it would be until 11/15. Now, they have shown me that I am not a “dedicated player,” a valued customer. The product has changed and no longer supports the approach I like. But they got my box sales and gem shop money.

How would you feel if the product you love is radically changed after purchase?

I didn’t start playing MMO’s with GW2. I remember playing Ultima Online back in the day. That game, for its time, was both great and infuriating. It was so cut-throat when I played that your friends would kill you for your gear 3-6 months in, and being a “red named” murderer meant you could probably accrue some fame for yourself.

I spent my entire time on that game obsessed with becoming a bounty hunter, killing the “badguys” because I didn’t like how I got treated in the beginning. And, after all my effort, when I was finally able to take on the really skilled player-killers, the game format changed and everyone suddenly played in a “safe” dimension where I could no longer collect bounties, or get any of my nerd revenge.

I was younger then, but this drove me absolutely nuts. The whole purpose of my playing the game, as obsessive and completely inane as it was, was taken away. The “badguys” got to kill me – a lot – and I didn’t get to kill them.

I tell you what I didn’t do. I didn’t try to ruin the game for everyone else just because I didn’t like a patch. = |

NaughtyProwler.8653

I believe that is actually the right answer! Both! I think we are now allies in the battle against… something. Or perhaps, just people that enjoy the occasional chickpea.

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

I believe that is actually the right answer! Both! I think we are now allies in the battle against… something. Or perhaps, just people that enjoy the occasional chickpea.

The real enemy is Dragon Fruit.

Kumu Honua.2751

The real enemy is Dragon Fruit.

Have you ever met a Durian? =p

Posted by: DootmasterX.3025

DootmasterX.3025

“It’s optional.”

Funny how the defenders keep saying that over and over again.

Optional or not isn’t quite the issue. The issue is this ‘optional’ gear that is totally ‘optional’ with better stats is something they said they were never going to do. As a matter of fact, anyone who followed the game’s development, would know they said they wanted getting end-game gear to be relatively easy to obtain, much like the first game.

The gear was issued, as per the dev blog, to bridge the ‘optional’ legendary grind with gear to appease the people who felt they weren’t progressing in any other way. This ‘optional’ cosmetic grind which was exactly what they told people they would structure the game like. Still, people complained to have something else to do while they grinded this ‘optional’ legendary… ‘optionally.’ Instead of providing hard mode, tougher mobs/zones, etc, the only thing that can appease these people (apparently in the minds of the devs) was to give them bigger numbers. If a legendary is considered a grind, and this gear was designed to give them a sense of ‘progress’ in order to take the edge off the grind, then it will not be as easily obtained if it’s intended to be smaller grinds to take the edge off the larger grind that a legendary is.

Therein we have a problem.

A) If it’s designed to be hard to get (but not as hard as getting a legendary) then it is a grind and goes against what they said before, making their words dishonest. If end game best-in-slot gear is hard to obtain or takes a long time, then it goes against a few direct quotes by the devs that were made prior to this.

B) If it’s, in fact, easy to get then the people who are grinding it now for the prestige or just for the stat increase will find that as more people access the gear and newer paths open to obtain it that this new gear becomes ‘too easy’ to get. A frequent complaint, might I add, of many an elitist. If we can take them at their word, this is the last level of gear to be added to the game, then basically once you’ve got your full ascended the only thing to do is get your legendary and that’s it… forever. No more gear progression.

So the people that wanted easy to obtain max level best in slot items will not be happy if A turns out to be true, and the people who favor vertical progression (which, by the way, was never ever advertized as being a feature in the entire dev cycle so I still don’t get why people expected it) will not be happy if B turns out to be true.

Either way someone gets the shaft, but with this new system and an already established precedence that this, as far as they have said, will be the last tier means both sets of players do not end up getting what they wanted. Vertical progression flattens out at some point, but at the cost to most of the people who wanted a system like the original Guild Wars and what was advertized, as in it to be easy. The vertical progression types equally get screwed later when they hit the ceiling and there’s no new gear to await them. Either way, no one ends up happy, just one is happier for now.

This is an unprecedented shift in terms of how they’ve structured their approach to endgame. The reasoning is very suspect. If they indeed needed to bridge the gap between legendary and exotic (in terms of difficulty to obtain and not stats) then it makes little sense as a justification. They are the ones that made the legendaries so difficult (IE: Massive Gold Sink) to obtain, so if they felt this process was so teidous they could have just made it more fun – challenging – interesting to obtain instead of just throwing items into the mystic slot machine. It’s like they made a problem then added gear to fix it, it makes no sense unless you factor in a profit motive.

Jack of all trades, master of some.
NSP – [Zos]

Posted by: Moderator.9532

Moderator.9532

Due to the inflammatory tone of this thread, it will be closed. Please keep in mind that if you want to discuss issues on our forums, you have to do it in a constructive way.