Ambient killer daily

Ambient killer daily

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

Tempting, isn’t that?

Attachments:

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

Ambient killer daily

Posted by: Jammypack.3018

Jammypack.3018

All i can say is the OP just pulled off a 4 – page troll INCLUDING an Anet person who actually told people to get back on topic.

enthusiastic golf clap

So people who post here are stupid?

At least they have something interesting to say on the topic. Violence in all computergames is a popular debatable subject and what is being discussed is its appropriateness in GW2 in the form of the Ambient Killer.

But according to you all that is not important because “OP is a troll”. enthusiastic golf clap back at you

/facepalm

Nobody said anyone was stupid. Also THE AMBIENT KILLER sounds like a serial murderer you’re giving life to before our very eyes.

(edited by Jammypack.3018)

Ambient killer daily

Posted by: loneknight.8425

loneknight.8425

Tempting, isn’t that?

It was not hopping, I was bored waiting for risen mesmer event at slightly north of bridge to come up, & there are grenades nearby to pick up, so… :p

The thief who did dat – Crystal Desert

Ambient killer daily

Posted by: Faranox.4217

Faranox.4217

Tempting, isn’t that?

there are grenades nearby to pick up, so… :p

One! … Two! … Five!

Chops Mcgee, of Anvil Rock

Ambient killer daily

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

This may very well be the best thread on this forum.

Polish > hype

Ambient killer daily

Posted by: Orion the Cursed.1206

Orion the Cursed.1206

All i can say is the OP just pulled off a 4 – page troll INCLUDING an Anet person who actually told people to get back on topic.

enthusiastic golf clap

At least they have something interesting to say on the topic. Violence in all computergames is a popular debatable subject and what is being discussed is its appropriateness in GW2 in the form of the Ambient Killer.

But according to you all that is not important because “OP is a troll”. enthusiastic golf clap back at you

/facepalm

Nobody said anyone was stupid. Also THE AMBIENT KILLER sounds like a serial murderer you’re giving life to before our very eyes.

But this sounds ok with you? hypocrite

-Indiscriminate Slayer-
If small things were meant to live, they’d have bigger teeth or faster feet.

Go look up the definition of ambient. At best THE AMBIENT KILLER can be used to describe an annoying person.

Ambient killer daily

Posted by: SadieDeAtreia.8912

SadieDeAtreia.8912

EPIC thread, this. Just about sums up the forums in it’s entirety.

Ambient killer daily

Posted by: Jammypack.3018

Jammypack.3018

enthusiastic golf clap

/facepalm

But this sounds ok with you? hypocrite

-Indiscriminate Slayer-
If small things were meant to live, they’d have bigger teeth or faster feet.

Go look up the definition of ambient. At best THE AMBIENT KILLER can be used to describe an annoying person.

:)

Ambient killer daily

Posted by: ophidic.1279

ophidic.1279

I’m not sure the op was a troll, but the discussion is fairly pointless.

Elyl Jrend

Ambient killer daily

Posted by: ophidic.1279

ophidic.1279

EPIC thread, this. Just about sums up the forums in it’s entirety.

Lolz

Elyl Jrend

Ambient killer daily

Posted by: Infectious.4836

Infectious.4836

…. should be removed.

Yes its just a pixels and 95% of guild wars population wont become animal abusers because of that but we have children playing here. Proposing that bashing rabbits or kitties to death is rewardable ( which is what anet is suggesting here ) is wrong and i bet in some form – illegal.

Yes yes this is a game but we have too much violence in games already, why add more?

You do know that wild cats and rabbits are considered pests in most countries around the world right?

Ambient killer daily

Posted by: Veldan.4637

Veldan.4637

I think the main thing is:

While normally you slaughter loads of stuff, including humans, in GW2, they are all evil in some form. Almost all mobs are lore-wise enemies, and Tyria is better off without them. Most of them will even bash your skull in, if you don’t do it to them first.

Killing little innocent defenseless animals is something different. It’s a shift in morality, and although I don’t mind it, I don’t think encouraging this is something that belongs in GW2.

Ambient killer daily

Posted by: LowestTruth.2635

LowestTruth.2635

Bunnies aren’t just cute like everybody supposes,
they got them hoppy legs and twitchy little noses.

Tarnished Coast

Ambient killer daily

Posted by: rgrwng.4072

rgrwng.4072

i do not like insects, so i just kill mosquitoes and sparkfies, instead.

or the crabs in Caledon Forest. they also count towards the Shell Slayer.

Ambient killer daily

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

What’s wrong with pushing people to try new things?

What you’re essentially asking is what’s wrong with pushing people to play the game in a way that may not interest them.

Why not just enable open-PvP in the PvE zones? What’s wrong with pushing people to try new things?

You realize the daily quest is optional, yes?

By his logic, so is playing the game.

And, yes, I know playing the game is optional, but my point is sometimes offering the advice “just don’t do it” as a solution in cases like this is generally not very helpful.

It is in this case, since you can complete the daily without participating in ambient killer.

Ambient killer daily

Posted by: Edge.4180

Edge.4180

It is in this case, since you can complete the daily without participating in ambient killer.

At the cost of doing something potentially more annoying, sure.

Should the design of any system in the game really revolve around the concept of finding the 5 chores that are the least annoying?

Ambient killer daily

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

They should put in an option so you can select what daily you do… wait..!

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

Ambient killer daily

Posted by: Bluebird.1890

Bluebird.1890

Bunnies aren’t just cute like everybody supposes,
they got them hoppy legs and twitchy little noses.

This is the most poignant post in this entire thread.

And since it’s just a quote from the Buffy musical, that should illustrate an upsetting perspective for anyone who has contributed anything alongside it.

C’mon, people. It’s a video game. You think every dredge you kill is evil?

Ambient killer daily

Posted by: Miflett.3472

Miflett.3472

Maybe, more than anything, you need to teach your children the differences between virtual online play and real life. This is why we are given a choice on which objectives we want to complete. Let them make the choice and say “Killing rabbits is bad, therefore I won’t.” If you have to go on a tirade telling your children why killing virtual animals in a game is bad human nature, then you might want to spend more time preparing your child for real life.

I get your angle, but it really is a non factor.

Leader of Grim Omen [GO]

(edited by Miflett.3472)

Ambient killer daily

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

This is really all the thread deserves

Ambient killer daily

Posted by: MeateaW.3519

MeateaW.3519

I remember hearing about there being a large population of Koala bears too that needed to be … ahem… controlled. =)

That was a while ago now, but I heard it was somewhat serious.

Kangaroos actually. We have so many kangaroos in some places they have to cull them every now and then.

The hippies really hate it, but it is better to shoot a couple hundred; than see 1500 starve to death.

Ambient killer daily

Posted by: Joseph Skyrim.2470

Joseph Skyrim.2470

Heh, I personally go for swarms of salmon because it’s faster but rabbits aren’t so innocent. Ever wonder what happened to the horses in Tyria? Judging by the number of rabbits around I’m surprised that the centaurs aren’t also breaking their legs into extinction. Also, rabbits also make good eating if prepared properly.

In similar news, PETA is upset that Assassin’s Creed 4 is going to have whaling. They are totally cool that the whole premise of the game is spectacularly murdering people in a variety of painful ways though. It’s just the whaling they don’t like. :P

Ambient killer daily

Posted by: bluejay.6739

bluejay.6739

I normally just swim around frostgorge and kill salmon. I don’t really care about the rabbits but for some reason i cant shoot the armadillos

Because armadillos are cute and innocent… where as rabbits are BLOOD THIRSTY KILLERS! I will NEVER forget what happened in Drakkar Lake!

Ambient killer daily

Posted by: Baralendir.3941

Baralendir.3941

…. should be removed.

Yes its just a pixels and 95% of guild wars population wont become animal abusers because of that but we have children playing here. Proposing that bashing rabbits or kitties to death is rewardable ( which is what anet is suggesting here ) is wrong and i bet in some form – illegal.

Yes yes this is a game but we have too much violence in games already, why add more?

GW2 is rated T for Teen. If a teenager cannot discern the difference between reality and a virtual world, someone should step up and seek some help for them.
The average American watches more than 4 hours of TV each day. By the time a child reaches 18 they will have witnessed over 200,000 violent acts on television. I don’t think bashing a few virtual rabbits in GW2 is really adding anything worrisome to the list.

Ambient killer daily

Posted by: Maximum Potato.5923

Maximum Potato.5923

…. should be removed.

GW2 is rated T for Teen. If a teenager cannot discern the difference between reality and a virtual world, someone should step up and seek some help for them.
The average American watches more than 4 hours of TV each day. By the time a child reaches 18 they will have witnessed over 200,000 violent acts on television. I don’t think bashing a few virtual rabbits in GW2 is really adding anything worrisome to the list.

It’s more about immersion. My character in GW2 is a ranger, so naturally going around shooting rabbits doesn’t really fit with her personal story. It’s not a massive deal, I just don’t do the ambient killer quests. I dislike it, but that’s because of my character – I’m sure there are lots of people out there who have designed their toon to be sadistic, and this daily will work well with them.

It’s just ANet’s way of giving us more choice and creating more diversity. We can do dailies how we want, be it for speed or for lore. we can choose to punch a horse in the face, or go off and comfort trees. It gives players more control over how they play, which is a good thing in an MMO.

Who’s a good boy? Not you, since you aggro’d the BLOODY CHAMP-

Ambient killer daily

Posted by: gimmethegepgun.1284

gimmethegepgun.1284

My character in GW2 is a ranger, so naturally going around shooting rabbits doesn’t really fit with her personal story.

Well, unless you’re a Sylvari, you could be slaughtering those faux-innocent bunnies for food.

Ambient killer daily

Posted by: Terok.7315

Terok.7315

…. should be removed.

It’s more about immersion. My character in GW2 is a ranger, so naturally going around shooting rabbits doesn’t really fit with her personal story. It’s not a massive deal, I just don’t do the ambient killer quests. I dislike it, but that’s because of my character – I’m sure there are lots of people out there who have designed their toon to be sadistic, and this daily will work well with them.

Doesn’t the ambient killer daily fit with your class better than any others? I mean, you don’t need to be sadistic to have a refined taste for wabbits.

Vile Necromancer||Defender of the Beastgate||Slayer of Moa’s

Ambient killer daily

Posted by: Ballistic.4531

Ballistic.4531

Teach kids to be responseble and act rational, don’t put a sack over their head

Had to login just to upvote this line!

This world needs more people being frank and less people being offended.

Ambient killer daily

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

And here I appreciated that we had yet another daily for something I was already doing. Silly me.

Ambient killer daily

Posted by: Jezath.7395

Jezath.7395

everyone knows the rabbits that dont run away are struck down by mixemitosis so were doing the population a favour by only killing the slow non responsive ones...

Tis not what they can do for you
Tis only what you can do for all

Ambient killer daily

Posted by: omegaweltall.5619

omegaweltall.5619

You obviously didn’t see what those ‘innocent’ bunnies did to us in gw1 or you wouldn’t feel that way!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndkf1U_SdY4

never trust a bunny
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEJDYO53750

Tyr Fuzzybutt, of the Fuzzy Warband

|Blackgate|

Ambient killer daily

Posted by: BioFringe.7945

BioFringe.7945

It’s really sad that this thread has continued on so long when there is absolutely nothing positive or constructive about it. It’s just a bunch of people making fun of others based on a difference of opinion. Nothing more. Nothing good will ever come from this thread other than some laughs for a few and some moans for others.

What’s even worse is that I had to listen to this ridiculous debate in LA map chat yesterday, which of course turned ugly rather quickly. It’s always a shame to see crap like this on the boards but to then have to deal with the same crap in game is just saddening. Very saddening.

This sentence is false.

Ambient killer daily

Posted by: Edge.4180

Edge.4180

It’s really sad that this thread has continued on so long when there is absolutely nothing positive or constructive about it. It’s just a bunch of people making fun of others based on a difference of opinion. Nothing more. Nothing good will ever come from this thread other than some laughs for a few and some moans for others.

What’s even worse is that I had to listen to this ridiculous debate in LA map chat yesterday, which of course turned ugly rather quickly. It’s always a shame to see crap like this on the boards but to then have to deal with the same crap in game is just saddening. Very saddening.

I’m not sure I understand your frustration. Perhaps the fact that a similar topic showed up in map chat shows that it’s on the minds of some players. One of the great thing about the forums is that you don’t have to read every topic on the page. So, if this particular one doesn’t interest you, read something else.

I agree there is an abnormal amount of trolling being allowed to exist in this thread, but that doesn’t mean there isn’t a legitimate discussion going on here amongst people who actually have a real interest in it.

Threads don’t need to be locked down just because they fail to interest you. Unfortunately, I think much trolling occurs specifically to get discussions shut down, and all too often forum mods fall for it rather than taking the time to clean out the thread.

Ambient killer daily

Posted by: BioFringe.7945

BioFringe.7945

I’m not sure I understand your frustration. Perhaps the fact that a similar topic showed up in map chat shows that it’s on the minds of some players. One of the great thing about the forums is that you don’t have to read every topic on the page. So, if this particular one doesn’t interest you, read something else.

I agree there is an abnormal amount of trolling being allowed to exist in this thread, but that doesn’t mean there isn’t a legitimate discussion going on here amongst people who actually have a real interest in it.

Threads don’t need to be locked down just because they fail to interest you. Unfortunately, I think much trolling occurs specifically to get discussions shut down, and all too often forum mods fall for it rather than taking the time to clean out the thread.

Nope. The map chat was just as useless as this thread. Please explain to me what exactly would constitute as a legitimate discussion within this thread because I don’t see it. And please don’t tell me not to read a specific thread…read this one and you’ll see that it did interest me back when the discussion was legit. Now it’s just a bunch of trolling left and right (from both sides). Nothing productive here at all.

This sentence is false.

Ambient killer daily

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

>Complaining about slaughter of critters
>Entire game consists of slaughter of everything in sight, including other people with no trial or charge

/shrug. Mindless virtual, inconsequential slaughter is fun, so…see you in-game!

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Ambient killer daily

Posted by: Pustulio.8207

Pustulio.8207

OMG, this is the best daily option EVER. The only thing that could make it better is a “Game-to-Real-life” comparison….you know..“in the name of science”, or whatever…

EDIT: Or better STILL..film it, and send it to PETA

(edited by Pustulio.8207)

Ambient killer daily

Posted by: SilverSteele.6519

SilverSteele.6519

While I do agree that everything you do in this game revolves around killing anything you can click, it would be pretty nice to have more constructive options. For example, why not “Hug 30 critters”?

Ambient killer daily

Posted by: UKNightWatch.5742

UKNightWatch.5742

…. should be removed.

I was reading this thread while waiting for a game to update and was not going to comment but the update is taking forever so here we go!

Bashing small fury animals to death or otherwise killing them in real life can be either an accepted form of hunting or pest control. It can be a cruel and twisted form of animal abuse too – witness the recent case of a drunk frying a life hamster / guinea pig in the UK news recently.

Assuming that the ability to kill ambient critters (rabbits etc) in Guildwars 2 for an achievement or just in normal game play will result in players becoming animal abusers is something of a stretch. Suggesting that ANet or any other game maker is carrying out illegal activity by allowing such ambient killing is just silly.

If any player, adult or child, is or is becoming an animal abuser it is hardly the fault of a game. We all are exposed to much media that, from time to time, reports or shows hunting, culling or animal abuse and much worse and I would imagine that not many (if any) animal abusers are as such due to this media. Although I’m sure the media can add to or subtract from the moral judgement of a person, there are likely to be many varying elements to take into account when finding out why a person is an animal abuser.

I suppose a human behavior specialist would be able to give us in depth details about why people become full on animal abusers and the difference between all the forms of animal abuser in the ‘spectrum’. What is most likely is that animal abusers are as such for many reasons – some complicated and more not so.

As for children being affected by being able to kill ambient creatures – I find this a ridiculous argument. If I was concerned that my child was being corrupted by killing pixal representations of animals then I would use my discretion and responsibly as an adult to stop the child playing. I would certainly not, in that case, allow my child to play a game where the killing of human or humanized characters was considered acceptable. I am aware that many adults shirk their responsibilities or are apathetic regards what their children are ‘exposed’ to when playing video games and I am aware of the idea of ‘pester power’ but I find it hard to agree with the idea of curtailing video game violence because of the ‘poor ’lil kiddies’ – it is the parents or guardians responsibility to monitor what a child plays, reads, listens to or watches.

The OP asks a question that I find irrelevant to this discussion; “this is a game but we have too much violence in games already, why add more?”. The question is an issue that is open for debate within itself and not appropriate as a tool to ‘enhance’ the views about ambient killing reward. We should discuss ambient killing in game or talk about too much violence in video games but lets not use one to try to verify the other in the way it is done in this thread – that’s just lazy.

The question of ‘morals’ has been raised in this thread. Undoubtedly, there will be differences in what people see as fit or acceptable and this can cause conflict. However, it is unfair to question the ‘moral compass’ of a person just because they have differing views to our self. Yes! We all know that there are things a person can do that are in law and in society just not acceptable and these things ought to be handled appropriately. Some things are not illegal or against society as a whole and they should be handled appropriately too.

Well there we go – a wall of text! Read it through or do not! Accept my comments or not. Play the game or do not. Monitor the kiddies or do not. Blame the media industry (including games) for our own lack of judgement, apathy or non acceptance of responsibility or do not. It is all up to the individual.

I’m off to continue playing ‘All bunnies must die’ that great game in a game that is not meant to be taken too seriously or literally.

No rig in my sig? Only posted if needed!

(edited by UKNightWatch.5742)

Ambient killer daily

Posted by: Kaputsid.5169

Kaputsid.5169

At least, it give us some clues on the current state of mind of Arenanet.

Kill 25 rabbits : Amazing job Champion!!! You deserve da top gears!
kill 25 peeps in WwW : C’mon dude, this is easy boring stuff, stop wasting our time.

Challenge of the day : eat 25 fruitcakes!

Errr

WTH im doing in this 5 yo kids game… GUYS???

Ambient killer daily

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Too bad we can’t kill as well as eat the salmons and wabbits for the food daily as well.

Ambient killer daily

Posted by: Pustulio.8207

Pustulio.8207

While I do agree that everything you do in this game revolves around killing anything you can click, it would be pretty nice to have more constructive options. For example, why not “Hug 30 critters”?

Like……like, hug them with fire?….squeeze them to death?….this “hug” thing is confusing.

Ambient killer daily

Posted by: Seraki.2753

Seraki.2753

I have a hard time with content that ask me to do what I would not allow children to do, so I just bypass it. It gets old though, I mean everybody kind of expected that kind of bad little boy tude from the Blizzard CEO but the idea that it has kind of normalized bugs me to shards.

Ambient killer daily

Posted by: Zoja.2631

Zoja.2631

Like……like, hug them with fire?….squeeze them to death?….this “hug” thing is confusing.

Here, this might help explain it better…

I can’t think of animal hugging without picturing Elmira. >.>

Zona Eshe
Too Drunk To PvP[LUSH]
Standing United[STUN]-TC

(edited by Zoja.2631)

Ambient killer daily

Posted by: Cole Eyre.8471

Cole Eyre.8471

I… think they should do more stuff like this, not remove it.

Ambient killer daily

Posted by: geekanerd.4123

geekanerd.4123

Raccoons hide when I walk by. They whisper my name in hushed breaths to their children. Raccoon genocide is not just a past time, it is an obligation.

That is all.

[DIE] – FA
“Is it uplevel ranger season yet?”

Ambient killer daily

Posted by: chrisblz.5249

chrisblz.5249

So much lols skimming through this topic. Maybe Arenanet will provide us some nice flamethrowers to make the dailies much more pleasant. Burning them, will finish the daily faster and anyone will do it with much more ease, event the children, so why so serious about this?

Tassar D/D – SB Thief, Level 80
Valorahn GS – Sf Guardian
~Gandara

Ambient killer daily

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

We killing Humans in game Downing them then finish them

Giant 5 headed Dragon killing stuff
Villages Burning down people runing and screaming

ALL fine

but killing rabbits is baaaaaaaaad realy baaaaad
…..
:..

LOL

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

Ambient killer daily

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Okay . . . as long as I still get to murder humans slowly by filling them with arrows, I’ll leave those poor bunnies alone.

Seriously?

Gone to Reddit.

Ambient killer daily

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

Is there an official bunny body count,including today’s daily?
I guess we must be at about 1.000.000 dead rabbits.
Keep ’em coming.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

Ambient killer daily

Posted by: SadieDeAtreia.8912

SadieDeAtreia.8912

lol, 5 full pages… surprising, as this must be one of the most useless topics ever posted on the site.

I dont even