And poof! There go my Karma boosts

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lakshmi.5941

Lakshmi.5941

I paid 10s each to convert my Karma boosters into Enchanted Reward Boosts. I don’t remember the exact number, but it was around 10. If felt expensive at the time, but I needed the bank space.

And now you can’t select Karma as a buff from the Enchanted Reward Boosts, so yeah — all gone. Not gonna lie, this doesn’t feel good.

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

As I mentioned in another thread.. in the past, we were given ample warning.

1. glory boosters
2. buffs on karma jugs

This is not very nice

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

Are you sure you can’t select them, did you load the game to check? The new boosters being sold in the gem store aren’t the “Enchanted Reward Boosts”, they’re new unstackable types.

Now, if they did go back and remove the ability to select karma from the old ones, then I’m sorry for doubting you.

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

Are you sure you can’t select them, did you load the game to check? The new boosters being sold in the gem store aren’t the “Enchanted Reward Boosts”, they’re new unstackable types.

Now, if they did go back and remove the ability to select karma from the old ones, then I’m sorry for doubting you.

can’t select them anymore

Attachments:

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

that sucks :/

especially since they wrote:
“Previously purchased boosters will still work. "

and you even invested MORE money to convert them to the enchanted reward boosters… and now you lost them

i never converted any Karma boosters myself
because they needed TWO Karma boosters for ONE enchanted reward one…
would have been kind of stupid to delete 50% of my karma boosters… xD
so it was a bit stupid of you too in the first place to convert the karma boosters :P

still not fair from anet to remove the option to chose Karma Boosters now

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

and if you scroll down?

the 2nd attachment is fully scrolled to the bottom

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

Posted by: Sephas.8793

Sephas.8793

and if you scroll down?

the 2nd attachment is fully scrolled to the bottom

Apparently I suck. I looked at the first pic and the second one didn’t load by the time I replied. Oh well, post deleted.

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Yeah I never converted my karma boosts since you always traded 2 in to get 1 and that was silly to me.

I’m betting that since part of the pact commander mastery line opens up a karma vendor for old unobtainable recipes they’re limiting and/or trying to control how much karma can be earned.

Posted by: Mojo Gris Gris.5941

Mojo Gris Gris.5941

What in the actual kitten?
It always seemed like a rip off with the 2 to 1 exchange, but this is just plain kitten. When did this even happen?

Edit: Oh, I see this happened today…

(edited by Mojo Gris Gris.5941)

Posted by: Mizu.4508

Mizu.4508

I’m upset they made this change because I converted all my boosters into enchanted boosters for the karma boost. Now they (without warning) take the option of karma boost out of them. I don’t need more EXP when I’m at level 80 and don’t get anything for leveling. Nor do I want to craft. I don’t bother with magic find and I rarely ever use boosts for gathering.

Edit: All boosters outside of Karma Boosters were converted. The 2:1 ratio was always a scam, it was never worth converting Karma Boosters to Enchanted Boosters.

(edited by Mizu.4508)

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

They may need to fix that but it’s a booster you crafted, not one they had sold. Those old ones dropped from chests or bought from the gem shop (who did that?) still work.

Hopefully this is just an oversight resulting from making karma boosters drop in game and removed from the store. Bug it.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

It always seemed like a rip off with the 2 to 1 exchange, but this is just plain kitten. When did this even happen?

Few minutes ago with gemstore update. Could be a bug. Hard to tell with this game.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Few minutes ago with gemstore update. Could be a bug. Hard to tell with this game.

I don’t think it is a bug. They clearly intend to reduce access to Karma buffs (likely because they want to use Karma more once HoT hits). They should have announced this change in advance though.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Lakshmi.5941

Lakshmi.5941

so it was a bit stupid of you too in the first place to convert the karma boosters :P

Well I was completely out of bank space and this was a way to preserve half my karma boosters. Smarter than throwing them all out.

At least, so I thought at the time. I failed to anticipate this change.

Behellagh.1468

I take it there was a cheap way to get boosters. PvP rewards? Fractals? Because in 3 years I have less than 60 of any booster type from the usual PvE/WvW methods.

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Yikes. I didn’t convert my karma boosters but that was an important use for the combined boosters. Hopefully the new karma boosters will be a frequent ingame reward.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: gert.7698

gert.7698

This need to be fixed!! I payed a lot of (real) money to buy black lion keys and i had a lot of karma/gathering boosters from it.
I transferred all the boosters to the Enchanted Reward Boosts so i had more bagspace.
Now i don’t have any karma boosters anymore (had about 40…)

I PAID FOR IT!

(edited by gert.7698)

Posted by: FrostyBou.5491

FrostyBou.5491

Oooh. Didn’t notice that. I had converted most of my boosters previously so I could use them as Karma boosters later. Well that’s annoying.

Posted by: TJgalon.5012

TJgalon.5012

I guess I am lucky I like the other booster gain from converting, but there a good chance this was a bug. More or less, I say wait for official word before flipping out, lol.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Well oops. I decided to consolidate my boosters and guess which ones got nabbed by the powder first today? My 50 karma boosters.

Not that I ever used them anyway. Karma just keeps piling up. Though with the coming “old recipes for karma” thing … maybe it would have been nice to have the boosts after all ><

Posted by: Etybagig.6012

Etybagig.6012

Same story here, I had over 50, not sure the exact amount. Converted them all probably 2 months ago, actually converted all my boosts since it seemed like a good idea.

“Previously purchased boosters will still work.” Obviously not.

Just a flesh wound.3589

They should have left the old boosters alone. Not given us weak 20 minute versions of new boosters and removed the karma option.

/sigh.
ANet. They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity to not mess up.

ANet may give it to you.

Behellagh.1468

And I still seeing or not seeing as the case may be that nobody complaining here about this posting about it in the bug forum. Has anybody who has this bothered to bug it in the game yet or are we just going to B&M about it expecting the devs to pick up on it through metrics?

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

That is a massive ripoff.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Just a flesh wound.3589

And I still seeing or not seeing as the case may be that nobody complaining here about this posting about it in the bug forum. Has anybody who has this bothered to bug it in the game yet or are we just going to B&M about it expecting the devs to pick up on it through metrics?

I don’t think it’s a bug. As they said, “Karma Boosters are now available exclusively from in-game rewards.” they revamped the old multi booster, added 2 new options and removed an option that the gem store no longer offers.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: wetwillyhip.7254

wetwillyhip.7254

they better bring karma boosters back! -.-

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

It’s pretty kitten underhanded that we get 20-minute variants for spending 10 silver each to convert our old boosters.

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

Posted by: Tawniey.3796

Tawniey.3796

It’s pretty kitten underhanded that we get 20-minute variants for spending 10 silver each to convert our old boosters.

They should have left the old boosters alone. Not given us weak 20 minute versions of new boosters and removed the karma option.

/sigh.

The old boosters are still available for the full hour in the enchanted reward boosts. They are the blue boosters rather than the yellow ones. Only the new ones are 20 minute boosters to balance their 50% bonus effects.

I’m definitely miffed about the karma loss. Hopefully this is an oversight.

Posted by: Biohazard.7523

Biohazard.7523

I did that too. But not that I need or use any boosters other than luck.
I dont know why would anyone use boosters.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Why…. would they do this? I don’t get it at all.

I would never pick a karma boost anyways, and it’s not like karma does that much anyways, but this is ridiculous.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: Mojo Gris Gris.5941

Mojo Gris Gris.5941

Yeah, it can be hard to tell, but it seems intentional. So which boosts had their duration shortened? The new, the old, or both? I’ve got at least 60 enchanted reward boosts, and 50 enchanted combat boosts, and if they are all shortened to 20 mins…
I’m getting really sick of kitten like this.

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Yeah, it can be hard to tell, but it seems intentional. So which boosts had their duration shortened? The new, the old, or both? I’ve got at least 60 enchanted reward boosts, and 50 enchanted combat boosts, and if they are all shortened to 20 mins…
I’m getting really sick of kitten like this.

The old ones are the same. The new boosts that you get from the gemstore are 20 minutes from the enchanted reward booster. (2 hrs if you buy from gemstore)

Posted by: Sthenith.5196

Sthenith.5196

Lol @ that one, cracks me up.

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Yeah, that hurt. Karma is one of the ones that was used more than others if you had them.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

Posted by: TJgalon.5012

TJgalon.5012

Yeah, that hurt. Karma is one of the ones that was used more than others if you had them.

With Karma being super easy to earn, I figure the magic 50% magic find be the better use out of all of them. Yes it still sucks is missing for people who will use it, but I still like to watch out for official words on this one first.

Posted by: Kitiara.2706

Kitiara.2706

Well, this is a load of Dolyak poo! Karma booster is something I ran all the time. Like others, I converted them when BUYING the powder. Now I just spent all that gold/gems for something that was just taken back by Anet.

This feels like my bunny ears and town clothes ALL OVER. Getting real tired of this crap.

(edited by Kitiara.2706)

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

can’t select them anymore

Not sure if mentioned already, but do note that from the enchanted reward boosts, you only get 20 minutes instead of 60 if you choose the new type (apparently still get 60 minutes if you choose a specific one, at work so I can’t verify this).
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3glydi/psa_do_not_use_your_enchanted_reward_booster_to/?ref=share&ref_source=link

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by skullmount.1758)

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

As I mentioned in another thread.. in the past, we were given ample warning.

1. glory boosters
2. buffs on karma jugs

This is not very nice

Actually, we didn’t get ample warning on whether buffs applied to karma consumables. ANet pulled back that change so that we would get time to decide whether to drink the grape kool-aid at 100% value with buffs (up to 198%) or wait and drink them with a guaranteed 150% value (compared to the original), but not buffs.

ANet should do the same thing here:

• Give us an opportunity to restore our enchantment reward boosts to karma.
  • Give us a chance to get our gems back for the candy corn gobbler, which no longer offers karma (or apparently WvW) boosts, which were among the reasons I bought it.
John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Hapmuhr.2781

Hapmuhr.2781

This is downright dishonest to do this. We were sold on the idea that if we used these boosters, we’d maximize our storage space and consolidate our available boosters. I would have never used up my karma boosters otherwise. Now I’m sitting with ~30 boosters that have been massively nerfed.

I’m very upset with this change since that was karma potential I had stockpiled in preparation for HoT.

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

I would also like either the 1 hr timer reinstated for the enchantment powder conversion boosts or my bloody gold back along with the original boosters! I’m good with the gobbler, although I would like the karma buff reinstated. I am not pleased that the boosters that gave me an hour timer yesterday have been reduced to 1/3rd of their value today.

I understand that you want players to use the store to buy these things, but must you kitten over some of the long term players in the bargain?

Edit: I jumped the gun on this post as explained further below.

(edited by Tommyknocker.6089)

Posted by: Kitiara.2706

Kitiara.2706

This is downright dishonest to do this. We were sold on the idea that if we used these boosters, we’d maximize our storage space and consolidate our available boosters. I would have never used up my karma boosters otherwise. Now I’m sitting with ~30 boosters that have been massively nerfed.

I’m very upset with this change since that was karma potential I had stockpiled in preparation for HoT.

Exactly this!

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

I would also like either the 1 hr timer reinstated for the enchantment powder conversion boosts or my bloody gold back along with the original boosters! I’m good with the gobbler, although I would like the karma buff reinstated. I am not pleased that the boosters that gave me an hour timer yesterday have been reduced to 1/3rd of their value today.

I understand that you want players to use the store to buy these things, but must you kitten over some of the long term players in the bargain?

the 1 hour time boosters didnt change at all!

people explained it above already:
you can still chose 1 hour versions of any of the existing boosters (except karma)
and in addition you can also chose the new boosters as 20 minute versions

only bad thing that happened is that they removed the Karma Boosters as a choice

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

(edited by Orangensaft.7139)

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

the 1 hour time boosters didnt change at all!

people explained it above already:
you can still chose 1 hour versions of any of the existing boosters (except karma)
and in addition you can also chose the new boosters as 20 minute versions

only bad thing that happened is that they removed the Karma Boosters as a choice

I stand corrected, I had checked only one first booster (the XP one) and it said 20 minutes, I not not realize that 2 different versions were available when you click on the enhanced boosters (one is rare quality now). Upon using the correct one, I did indeed receive the 1 hour buff. However I do wish they had included more info on the patch page to reflect this, and the karma removal.

Behellagh.1468

I don’t think it’s a bug. As they said, “Karma Boosters are now available exclusively from in-game rewards.” they revamped the old multi booster, added 2 new options and removed an option that the gem store no longer offers.

They also said “Previously purchased boosters will still work” and don’t mention any changes to boosters made with Boost Enchantment Powder.

I annoys me that people’s default reaction is that this is assuming ANet is screwing players intentionally rather that asking them if this was intentional or a bug. I’ll wager it was unintentional and instead of creating a new “Enhancement Reward Boost” without the Karma option someone simply changed the original not thinking about the ones players already have made. Unintended consequences rather than malicious intent.

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

I’m assuming it was accidental, since I didn’t see it specifically stated in the notes.

I also stand corrected that the Karma buff nerf was initially executed, then taken back when players complained.

If anything, it serves as a precedent that correcting this oversight in possible

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Yeah I never converted my karma boosts since you always traded 2 in to get 1 and that was silly to me.

I’m betting that since part of the pact commander mastery line opens up a karma vendor for old unobtainable recipes they’re limiting and/or trying to control how much karma can be earned.

This is my thought as well. Oh well I converted all of mine for the MF….

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Just a flesh wound.3589

They also said “Previously purchased boosters will still work” and don’t mention any changes to boosters made with Boost Enchantment Powder.

I annoys me that people’s default reaction is that this is assuming ANet is screwing players intentionally rather that asking them if this was intentional or a bug. I’ll wager it was unintentional and instead of creating a new “Enhancement Reward Boost” without the Karma option someone simply changed the original not thinking about the ones players already have made. Unintended consequences rather than malicious intent.

I don’t know if it’s a bug or not, but going to point out some things on what you said.

Where you said, “previously purchased boosters will still work”. What was actually said was
The Boosts category of the Gem Store has been reworked. All previous boosters are no longer available. Previously purchased boosters will still work. Here they are referring to gemstore boosters. All previously purchased gemstore boosters will still work. They aren’t talking about boosters changed with enchanted boosting powder.

Looking over the notes, I didn’t see anything that specifically said that they had added to the combination booster, only that there were new gemstore boosters and boosters wouldn’t be dropping from black lion chests. If they didn’t say anything about adding boosts to to the combination boosters, then they wouldn’t say anything about removing a boost.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

This is just bad business. I only use my enchanted reward boosts and candy corn gobbler for karma buffs; they’re basically useless to me now. Didn’t karma get nerfed enough already? Does Anet not remember the outcry when they quietly turned off karma consumables being affected by boosts?

Crafting XP – Have all crafts maxed, no thanks.
Experience Boost: You aren’t giving us anything for leveling past 80 anymore, no thanks.
Killstreak: See Experience Boost
Gathering Boost: I don’t specifically go on gathering runs, no thanks.
Magic Find: For dungeons where we skip most mobs? For Silverwastes where mobs don’t drop loot? For WvW, where my server down in the slums hardly has fights? For EotM, where I can’t do anything unless I’m green? For Tequatl, where magic find doesn’t affect chests? Really, what is the point of a magic find boost anymore? The last few times I was running around Orr about one in five risen actually dropped something, and I’m not into farming events for hours.
WvW Exp: I have all of the stuff I want at rank 1127- and when HoT hits, I’ll have more than enough for everything. No thanks.

Sorry to go off, but they’ve just removed the only buff I used my consumables and cash-purchased gobbler for. Like others have said, a warning should have gone out so we could consume our boosters on one character that we use to farm karma.

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Does the exp Gold Experience booster work on wxp? And why is it only 20m :/

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

2page error bump….

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<