And poof! There go my Karma boosts

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Honest to God don’t they teach comprehension anymore in school.

Karma Boosters only drop now in game rather from BLTC or bought directly from the gem shop. NOWHERE does it say in the patch notes that they were removing the ability to use an enchanted reward boost for karma boost. NOWHERE.

Stop reading into things. Unintentional mistakes/oversights happen. Intentional changes should be clearly spelled out in the patch notes.

The whole purpose of the enchantment powder is to convert existing boosters into one that you decide upon activation. If you can still convert Karma Boost into one, you should be able to get Karma Boost out of one. So they should have removed Karma Boosters from items you can use the dust on if this was intentional since Karma Boost isn’t going away, only how you get them changed. They didn’t so it’s a bug.

It’s utterly stupid to throw up your hands and go, “Oh ANet did screwed us over again! Better go sulk/rage quit/delete all my enchanted boosts since I was only using them as karma boost.” Get them to fix it or come clean that this is an intentional change. You all surrender way to easy.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

Posted by: Conner.4702

Conner.4702

If everyone who this affects add to the thread on the bugs forum (currently a whole 3 posts long) as well as /bug it in game rather than … discuss it here, then maybe they may notice that this is an issue with this patch.

They are well aware of this thread and the issue and are ignoring it. People like Gaile Gray prefer to make frivolous posts instead about typos in blog posts.

This behaviour is exactly why a lot of people don’t respect anet anymore.

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

Per patch notes:
“Karma Boosters are now available exclusively from in-game rewards.”

This, as posted above, is NOT a bug. This is NOT an oversight by Arenanet. This is an outright, down and dirty blow to the people who support their game.

And from the same patch notes:

The Boosts category of the Gem Store has been reworked. All previous boosters are no longer available. Previously purchased boosters will still work.

Karma boosts are still supposed to work, that they don’t is unintended.

Half tempted to contact my credit card company and begin charge backs on all the gems I have recently purchased since I am not getting what I initially was paying for.

Please send me all your stuff before you do, because doing a charge back on your card is a guaranteed lifetime ban and blacklisting of your card with no chance of appeal. Don’t let your stuff go to waste.

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

Also why is it like pulling teeth to get official word on this? At least let us know that you are reading this and doing SOMETHING. I mean we can all see that this post has been viewed almost 4k times already. Just say something.

I’m going to assume either they are trying to decide on or coding in a fix, or due to the rather small amount of folks that it seems to have affected (based on the number of folks actually posting in the various threads) they are hoping it blows over. At least until the end of the week, I’m going to go with the first assumption especially since Anet has a history of usually only responding when they have something definitive to say.

I mentioned it at teq yesterday and a lot of people didn’t seem to know the boosters were changed. I’d imagine as more people log in for extended time, like the weekend, and try to use the enchanted boost for karma they’ll come around.

Posted by: TJgalon.5012

TJgalon.5012

to be fair, this post is not really official in any way, when I see the title, I assume some player talking about using all their Karma booster. I assume some better post been made or maybe a ticket to officially wonder, but from what I seen, I not really seen a big topic on this unless I miss it, that clearly states in the title.

Posted by: Akuni.8604

Akuni.8604

Eh you white knights are not even remotely better than the Anti-Anet-Front. No one knows if it was a bug, a mistake or a planned decision except for Anet. So stop fighting over such a nonsense already!

That said, the only fact we do have is that there’s no statement about the matter yet – Not even via Twitter. Argue about that and if it’s good or bad PR for them but stop basically hitting each other with paperbags.

That said, I’m frustrated about Karma being removed from the bundled boosters. I bundled all the gathering and killstreak boosters to save space and change them to MF and Karma ones. I guess I should be happy that I still have my Exp boosters to upgrade in the Forge and the Karma boosters for FotM etc but… I feel really bad for all the people who got ripped by the change. This shouldn’t have happened. And Anet should better move it and give us a “we’re working on it”.
On the note of Exp boosters, those should have an alternative recipie which let’s you use a bundled booster instead of the Exp booster because I think nearly no one knows about the Forge recipie and they always end up packing them into the bundled boosters. A “noobtrap” shouldn’t exist in a game.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

It seems pretty clear to me that they intended to make Karma more difficult to obtain and that they failed to properly broadcast that intention in advance giving people time to use their Karma boosts before they disappeared (in an EXACT mirroring of the LAST Karma change snafu).

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

What also puzzles me is I decided to consolidate boosters with powder after the patch and before reading about this change. I pulled a bunch out of my bank and started clicking powder. It zeroed in on the karma boosters first out of all the random things in my bags. Maybe the karma boosters were in the first position in the backpack?

I would have thought it would go for the 1:1 ones first as being more reasonable to convert. I confess noobishness on this, probably I should have paid more attention to the ratios. Still, if it turns out that karma is vital in the expansion I’ll be sad my 50 boosters are gone into thin air. They mostly came from black lion chests opened with keys bought with gems bought with RL cash, too.

At least I have around 4 million karma banked. As long as I don’t go crazy on T3 cultural weapons I should have enough for any reasonable needs.

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

Anet has show time after time that they are willing to respond and make changes if the outcry is loud enough. Only when the entire forum, facebook and gaming news sites are complaining will you be guaranteed an answer or a fix. Until then you just hope that they care enough about screwing people(just a lil bit) and fix undo their mistake or fix the bug.

Posted by: Mojo Gris Gris.5941

Mojo Gris Gris.5941

What also puzzles me is I decided to consolidate boosters with powder after the patch and before reading about this change. I pulled a bunch out of my bank and started clicking powder. It zeroed in on the karma boosters first out of all the random things in my bags. Maybe the karma boosters were in the first position in the backpack?

I would have thought it would go for the 1:1 ones first as being more reasonable to convert. I confess noobishness on this, probably I should have paid more attention to the ratios. Still, if it turns out that karma is vital in the expansion I’ll be sad my 50 boosters are gone into thin air. They mostly came from black lion chests opened with keys bought with gems bought with RL cash, too.

At least I have around 4 million karma banked. As long as I don’t go crazy on T3 cultural weapons I should have enough for any reasonable needs.

The item description on the boost powder is very specific about this behavior, but a little confusing to quickly grasp.

I’m quite upset with both the lack of response and the removal of karma from the booster choices. I’ve never called for a “rollback,” but the original functionality should be restored to the old enchanted boosters. Especially since people are saying that you can still change karma boosts into enchanted boosters at 2:1 and lose them completely.

Posted by: Mitzarin.2963

Mitzarin.2963

Honest to God don’t they teach comprehension anymore in school.

Karma Boosters only drop now in game rather from BLTC or bought directly from the gem shop. NOWHERE does it say in the patch notes that they were removing the ability to use an enchanted reward boost for karma boost. NOWHERE.

Stop reading into things. Unintentional mistakes/oversights happen. Intentional changes should be clearly spelled out in the patch notes.

Exclusively… Definition as per dictionary.com: “limited to the object or objects designated.” The object designated in this case is, “in game rewards.”

Please, by all means, go to an English professor in a college and ask him what the word exclusively means.

And to all the others asking for my stuff; no. I am not leaving the game; just getting my money back from recent gem purchases if this isn’t fixed.

Posted by: wetwillyhip.7254

wetwillyhip.7254

If Karma boost are now exclusively only available via In-Game Rewards, then they are only exclusively available and obtained through In-Game Rewards. Obviously that means they won’t available via Enchanted Powder.

This is not a bug. This is not an oversight. This is intentional. And it’s upsetting.

I converted all my boosters (many karma too) to enchanted powder to save bankspace so that I could get use them as more karma boosters when needed..

This is ridiculous. Arenanet. We would like a response please. Stop ignoring us.

Behellagh.1468

The only obvious conclusion is they won’t be in the shop or chests. Activating karma from enchanted reward boost doesn’t create a karma booster. Did they remove Karma boost from the Bonfire? No.

Hmmm, they removed the Bonfire from the gem shop as well. Well my birthday gun still works for karma boost.

If this really is intentional then they simply haven’t learned that they need to the players informed about these kinds of changes. But still, if they allow players to keep karma boosters why not keep the enchanted reward boost the same. Eventually they will all be used up, even if players start converting their remanding boosts into these at 10s a pop (assuming the power is still available). It’s stupid and does nothing but tick off a portion of your playerbase.

Honestly did anyone bring this up in a meeting that this might be a bad thing without a month or so of warning?

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

The only obvious conclusion is they won’t be in the shop or chests. Activating karma from enchanted reward boost doesn’t create a karma booster. Did they remove Karma boost from the Bonfire? No.

Hmmm, they removed the Bonfire from the gem shop as well. Well my birthday gun still works for karma boost.

If this really is intentional then they simply haven’t learned that they need to the players informed about these kinds of changes. But still, if they allow players to keep karma boosters why not keep the enchanted reward boost the same. Eventually they will all be used up, even if players start converting their remanding boosts into these at 10s a pop (assuming the power is still available). It’s stupid and does nothing but tick off a portion of your playerbase.

Honestly did anyone bring this up in a meeting that this might be a bad thing without a month or so of warning?

“But still, if they allow players to keep karma boosters why not keep the enchanted reward boost the same”

Because there is a difference between the two. The karma booster is a gemstore booster and falls under the wording, “Previously purchased boosters will still work”. The enchanted reward boosters are not purchased but crafted, in the same sense that Guild Wars 1 armor was crafted, you brought the items and money to an NPC and he makes it for you. Since it’s not purchased and not covered by that phrase and and since they want to make their ingame reward of a karma booster more valuable, then they removed that function for the combination booster. (Imo of course, before someone says, how do you know that)

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Behellagh.1468

Enchantment Boost Powder simply changes the existing boosts, that you purchased into a proxy that could invoke a boost for any of them.

That’s very language lawyering for patch notes.

Attachments:

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

Just a flesh wound.3589

Enchantment Boost Powder simply changes the existing boosts, that you purchased into a proxy that could invoke a boost for any of them.

That’s very language lawyering for patch notes.

Yep. it takes the purchased boosts and changes them into a crafted boost, that you did not purchase and was never available from the gem store. So, not covered, lawyerly speaking.

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

wetwillyhip.7254

Didn’t this update also make Enchantment Reward powder essentially useless to reproduce the new type of booster? How does it work with the old AND new?

When you convert the new boosters to powder, do you get back the 2H timer when you convert it back to the new type of booster?

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Can I ask what you need so much Karma for, I gain a lot from doing things, but I not really found a need to use it except for the free gear while leveling.

I use a lot or cooking.

Anyways the real problem is: What am I supposed to to with all of my boosters?

Magic find? Only meaningful on like 2-3 maps. Meaningless in dungeons and newer content.
Exp? I’m lvl 80. Leveling doesnt even reward spirit shards anymore
Crafting? I’m done leveling crafting
Gathering? No noticeable effect

Karma is the most useful thing that a booster can grant right now. (WXP also ok I guess).

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Posted by: luminachii.6941

luminachii.6941

Not fair how ANET went about this. we should get a short term option to make these booster to karma or whatever booster we want. we didn’t get a warning. so we deserve the chance to get our booster back. bad buisness and losing loyal customers . shady build

Posted by: TJgalon.5012

TJgalon.5012

Can I ask what you need so much Karma for, I gain a lot from doing things, but I not really found a need to use it except for the free gear while leveling.

I use a lot or cooking.

Anyways the real problem is: What am I supposed to to with all of my boosters?

Magic find? Only meaningful on like 2-3 maps. Meaningless in dungeons and newer content.
Exp? I’m lvl 80. Leveling doesnt even reward spirit shards anymore
Crafting? I’m done leveling crafting
Gathering? No noticeable effect

Karma is the most useful thing that a booster can grant right now. (WXP also ok I guess).

I seem to use the magic find a lot, my self, but I know different player, use different things. I guess I figure, if I am earning Karma I rather make sure I am earning good drops too.

Posted by: thefinnster.7105

thefinnster.7105

what strikes me as odd and no one seems ot be mentioning this is the fact that Anet has just shafted us by nerffing duration on what is potentialy a gem store bought item for many players all in order to make there new boosters seem more apealing and worth spending gems on

do they think we are all idiots who are just gona keep handing thme money when they just screwed us over and try sell us exactly the same kind of thing
whats to say they wont just pull this stunt again another couple years down the line and make 4 hour boosters and nerrf these ones down to 1 hour or less

where is the trust Anet oh yeah its gone just like the boosters i originally bought

thefinnster.7105

this is what exactly what i wana say to Anet reguarding this

Posted by: haus.1590

haus.1590

New patch and the “bug” is not Fixed!

I’ll never forget my karma Anet lolololol!

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

if you had karma boosts, you still have them.
If you changed them into enchanted reward, you had to throw away half of them in the process.
why would you throw away half of your karma boosts if karma was what you wanted from your enchanted boost?

i’m not against the enchanted booster being changed back, i’m just struggling to understand why such outcry.

Just a flesh wound.3589

if you had karma boosts, you still have them.
If you changed them into enchanted reward, you had to throw away half of them in the process.
why would you throw away half of your karma boosts if karma was what you wanted from your enchanted boost?

i’m not against the enchanted booster being changed back, i’m just struggling to
understand why such outcry.

I converted zero of my karma boosters to enchanted boosters. I now have only 3 regular karma boosters left, because I was using them up first. I didn’t know the
enchanted ones were going to be nerfed and that I was going to lose that option or I
would have used them first instead. I’ve lost the possible use of 131 karma boosters from converting other boosters to enchanted boosters, at 10 silver each. Now do you understand?

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

. . . but why is the karma gone? ;_;

Narrrz.7532

Either they’re phasing out karma as a currency or else making it play a new role in HoT, and don’t want people to be able to amass it so easily beforehand.

Those are my guesses.

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

Either they’re phasing out karma as a currency or else making it play a new role in HoT, and don’t want people to be able to amass it so easily beforehand.

Those are my guesses.

Well they are adding some vendors with old rare recipes for karma (so I heard). I’m sure they wanna add more sinks and make it harder to get so it encourages more gameplay. This is my guess. but . . .

Why is the karma goneee…? ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JImcvtJzIK8 )

thefinnster.7105

shenanigans shenanigans shenanigans

Attachments:

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I’m more annoyed that I can use my enchanted boosters in HoTM. You get a measly 20 mins, from them, and you have to leave HoTM, pop the booster, rejoin HoTM, hope you get a match sharpish, hope everyone ready’s up right away, and finish the match in less than 20 mins. so you get the affect from the booster before it runs out. I converted all my boosters, so I could make Karma ones to begin with. But looks like I wasted my gold on that didn’t I. glad I still have the Karma boosters I had to start with.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Etybagig.6012

Etybagig.6012

Really still no official word? It is incredibly frustrating not to at least get a ‘yeah we meant to do this’ or a ‘no this is a bug’ from someone.

If you guys are aware of this and meant to do this AT LEAST just tell us so we can get on with our lives.

Posted by: Miss Lana.5276

Miss Lana.5276

Really still no official word? It is incredibly frustrating not to at least get a ‘yeah we meant to do this’ or a ‘no this is a bug’ from someone.

If you guys are aware of this and meant to do this AT LEAST just tell us so we can get on with our lives.

I think all we can expect from them anymore is the official updates and blog posts. Anything related to something that the community remotely wants they never have any word for (I’m looking at you, lack of refund for my Infinite Continue Coin.), or it’s just the overused soon, which isn’t even a joke. It’s irritating. I’m tired of the lack of communication from them. The PR is just getting worse and worse.

48 Characters|Necro|Raider|Fractaller|PvPer|Singer
So long Treeface.
“…Kormir? I know not of whom you speak.”

Posted by: Psychol.5783

Psychol.5783

It’s funny that when they removed glory boosters and gave nothing in return no one gave a kitten , when they removed pvp tokens and gave nothing in return no one gave a kitten but me and now people are complaining, I said it that if you let them take away something once that you were farming hard then they will keep repeating it, I had 300 glory boosters that they deleted and I couldn’t use them in time because I had a break. I’m sure that my karma that I hoarded will be removed too because if they removed karma boosters then they’re probably have some plans for it.

wetwillyhip.7254

Yes please. It would be nice to get an explanation from ArenaNet.
The lack of warning is the worst part about this too.

OH and a way to give us a chance to convert what we bought/paid for. To the least.

I, like others, wouldn’t want the karma booster availability to change in any case but we can’t get what we always want can we?

I rarely ever post on these forums, but this decision really grinds my gears as I love karma my primary use for the boosters was strictly for karma.

(edited by wetwillyhip.7254)

Just a flesh wound.3589

It’s funny that when they removed glory boosters and gave nothing in return no one gave a kitten , when they removed pvp tokens and gave nothing in return no one gave a kitten but me and now people are complaining, I said it that if you let them take away something once that you were farming hard then they will keep repeating it, I had 300 glory boosters that they deleted and I couldn’t use them in time because I had a break. I’m sure that my karma that I hoarded will be removed too because if they removed karma boosters then they’re probably have some plans for it.

At least they gave a heads up and time to use glory before it was removed, about a month. This was no notice at all so there is really no comparison. If they had given me a months notice, I wouldn’t have anything to say, even if I wasn’t playing. Phasing out Glory

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Firebaall.5127

Firebaall.5127

I think a new senior position at Anet needs to be opened up.

the “Yup, that’s stupid” position. A veto spot that stands back from the army of bobbing headed yes men. When they start making moronic decisions that screw with their customer base, they jump in and put the brakes on the idiocy.

Posted by: Roundabout.1752

Roundabout.1752

Glory Boosts were before my time, funny they gave notice that time and not this one, wonder why?

Posted by: Psychol.5783

Psychol.5783

At least they gave a heads up and time to use glory before it was removed, about a month. This was no notice at all so there is really no comparison. If they had given me a months notice, I wouldn’t have anything to say, even if I wasn’t playing. Phasing out Glory

It’s in comparison because most normal people don’t play this game every day from the premiere. When I’m going on a break I want to know that my items are safe and they’ll remain as they are when I come back and not be afraid of losing them.

(edited by Psychol.5783)

Posted by: Amethyst Rose.4367

Amethyst Rose.4367

I submitted a support request asking them to exchange my enchanted reward boosters with karma boosters (I have 921) … I encourage anyone else to do something similar.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

If Karma boost are now exclusively only available via In-Game Rewards, then they are only exclusively available and obtained through In-Game Rewards. Obviously that means they won’t available via Enchanted Powder.

Um, last I checked, enchanted powder is exclusively available…in game. So the fact that karma boosts are supposed to be only available inside the game doesn’t address the change.

We just don’t know anything other than the functionality changed and ANet hasn’t formally commented on it. There are lots of posts about lots of things and ANet will never have time to reply to all the ones we think are important.

I’m just as unhappy about this particular issue as anyone, since I, too, spent time and effort to convert my boosters into enchanted rewards. I just don’t think we’ll accomplish anything by overhyping the issue.

• These things used to provide a certain functionality, for which people paid coin.
  • They no longer do this.
  • We’d like the functionality restored.

It doesn’t even matter if ANet intended this or not; it’s still reasonable to point out the change and to ask for the change to be …un-changed.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

wetwillyhip.7254

Cannot let this thread die! lol Bump.

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

I submitted a support request asking them to exchange my enchanted reward boosters with karma boosters (I have 921) … I encourage anyone else to do something similar.

Since ANET can’t be bothered to comment and let us know if this change was intended or is a bug, I would also recommend everyone having this issue submit a ticket, as I can only assume it’s a bug. Seeing as how it wasn’t in the patch notes, and all.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: Shaaba.5672

Shaaba.5672

Anet isn’t communicating well with their customers? Color me shocked. Everytime I begin to take a step towards trusting them, they remind me again why I don’t.

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

I kind of knew this so i left my karma boosters alone. I tought everyone knows this.

Just a flesh wound.3589

Anet isn’t communicating well with their customers? Color me shocked. Everytime I begin to take a step towards trusting them, they remind me again why I don’t.

They have their own philosophy about communicating with annoyed players that works for them.

Attachments:

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Roundabout.1752

Roundabout.1752

I agree with Guhracie since it wasn’t included in the patch notes players have good cause to contact CS.

Posted by: Mitzarin.2963

Mitzarin.2963

To those claiming you must not want Karma boosters, as a collector/item hoarder, as well as someone who uses a disability check to buy 100+ dollars of gems a month, I had an overwhelming supply of ALL types of boosters and was VERY happy to have consolidated them, 2:1 or even 1:1. That has absolutely no effect on my decision to free up bank slots (since it had not occurred to me at that point in time to buy character slots for more storage.) All of this said, I submitted a ticket and was told tough luck by support. I have since replied for my ticket to be escalated. Have not received a reply.

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Message bug age must at least be 15 years old.

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Why is this allowed? I spend tons on that powder. You can’t just take away items without warning your userbase. The same goes for the birthday boosters, you removed an effect from it. It’s like giving someone a PC as a present and than 2 weeks later removing part of it.

And now you are just once again are going to wait it out until noone complains anymore.. really smooth, A.Net.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Narrrz.7532

The same goes for the birthday boosters, you removed an effect from it.

That happened quite a while ago, though, i believe. they haven’t given karma for a long time.